Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013

Tylana posted:

:siren: Coupon fairy visited, so mini-giveaway time! :siren:

Next 20 goons who ask for it in thread get ONE OF :-

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

PC only (sorry), and put in your IGN so I can actually gift you it remotely. And Which Thing You Want.

Can I please grab a weapon potato? I NEED ME THAT POTATO.

IGN: Slothybara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

PC only (sorry), and put in your IGN so I can actually gift you it remotely. And Which Thing You Want.

Please surprise me (preferably with a warframe slot).

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Sep 16, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cheap Trick posted:

You chose wisely!

I finished the Glast Gambit quest last night, it was pretty cool. Got stuck a little on the "10-point margin" Index bit.

Now thinking about whether I want to grind for the Nidus parts or just buy the frame outright, because having to submit to RNG for who knows how many rounds of Salvage...

Just remembered I have Tigris Prime coming out of the oven too aww yeah

Give Infested Salvage a try with a good area-denial frame like Hydroid. Once you get the hang of it, it’s an easy and fast way to get neurodes and Axi relics. The Nidus bits are just a really nice bonus.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

I love free stuff!

I'd like some market bought credit packs or some rubedo, please. Thanks bunches.

I'm kiddin' :D

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Give Infested Salvage a try with a good area-denial frame like Hydroid. Once you get the hang of it, it’s an easy and fast way to get neurodes and Axi relics. The Nidus bits are just a really nice bonus.

Alrighty, I'll take Hydroid or Ember in and see how I go

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

Ooh, free stuff! I'd love another Warframe slot.
IGN: TomatoSaucy

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Thanks for the warframe slot, Tylana.

Those experimental AW controls aren't that bad, now they just need to pick between making it freespace, children of a dead earth, or armored core 4 answer.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Thanks, Tylana. That was super quick. Parked a Mag in it.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

Oh nice, I just ran out of slots! Can I please have 2xweapon slots? Name: stirfry247

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I tried Infested Salvage yesterday for the first time. I had two really good weapons/played with Gara. Is a weird piece of content. Is not even hard, is just a test of patience, more than anything. I noticed the gamemode drops hundreds of a weird item, that checking the wiki, seems to craft a item to restore armour. I saw after a million waves the UI have a notification about armour lost, but is also very slow, so it looked like you can play for 30 minutes without having to deal with that mechanic.

About relics: I only had the desire to get a particular item from a relic once. So I buffed that relic version, and played with it again and again until it dropped (it was the cernos inferior something, for a faction rank advance). The odds of getting exactly what you want seems so low, even with buffed stuff, that I now look at my relics like a mountain of trash to burn when I get bored.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

I'd really like a frame slot since I have 3 (Banshee, Mirage Prime and Vauban) trapped in the foundry right now. IGN is CCKaren.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
Thanks Tylana, this potato will be eaten in no time.

Earl of Lavender
Jul 29, 2007

This is not my beautiful house!!

This is not my beautiful wife!!!
Pillbug

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

I would absolutely love some more weapon slots, please! eol_SA in game.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

My friend (who is in goon clan) would like a frame slot. Name's zurf3r.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

I'll take a weapons slot if you're still handing out goodies and thank you.
IGN: Malkof

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

I'd like a warframe slot if there's still anything left for gifts! IGN is TsurupettanSA

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

I guess I really need a frame potato

IGN: LordAbaddon13

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
12/20 so far!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

I would not mind a Warframe slot for my Hydroid Prime that goes in the oven today! IGN is Kyrosiris.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Remember, you get a chance at all the rewards in any unlimited game-mode by the fourth drop. That means you only need to do four waves of Infested Salvage and then start again if you don’t get a Nidus bit. Happily, pretty much all the pubbies I’ve run with there understood this and were in for the full set.

Adhibhautika
Feb 28, 2004
Evil Beast of a Thousand bodies

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

I wouldn’t mind a Warframe slot! I don’t wanna delete any of my space barbies!
IGN is Sorkfeber

Blunt Instrument
Apr 4, 2008

How can you shoot
(hot dogs at) women or children?

Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Hahaha! Ain't ball hell?!

I could use a frame potato since it seems that I'm swamped in frames that are too fun to dispose of after cooking up a bunch!
IGN: Saltzpyretron

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

I will take a whatever slot. Warframe I guess. Got lucky and building Zephyr Prime actually.
IGN Mirkali

Also, on Nova chat: I am a nearly-full-time-Nova-player after taking Tallgeese's advice that Nova was -the- frame to level and be useful and put formas into, and I haven't regretted it since. You're basically a swiss army knife. Except like a good one, that also has a blow torch that cooks your food and a cell phone built in. It is rare to find a mission in which Nova, being either slowva or speed, is not useful, given you bring a useful weapon.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I really need to get the -strength mod so I can make a Go-va for those few instances where it's nice to have

I need several of those frame vault mods really

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I actually think when the next Prime Access comes out (which will be Chroma Prime apparently?) I am going to splurge and get it along with the Platinum (~2600). That will keep me rolling in potatoes for a while. From what I have read it should be some time this month? Does anyone know how often these things change?

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

I'll take a warframe slot please and thank you! Inaros pre-thanks you. IGN: Ashye

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

If you've got any left I'd love the weapons slots. IGN is Pendent. Thanks!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Tei posted:

I tried Infested Salvage yesterday for the first time. I had two really good weapons/played with Gara. Is a weird piece of content. Is not even hard, is just a test of patience, more than anything. I noticed the gamemode drops hundreds of a weird item, that checking the wiki, seems to craft a item to restore armour. I saw after a million waves the UI have a notification about armour lost, but is also very slow, so it looked like you can play for 30 minutes without having to deal with that mechanic.

About relics: I only had the desire to get a particular item from a relic once. So I buffed that relic version, and played with it again and again until it dropped (it was the cernos inferior something, for a faction rank advance). The odds of getting exactly what you want seems so low, even with buffed stuff, that I now look at my relics like a mountain of trash to burn when I get bored.

loving lol. Injector pieces are still dropping? The raid those were used in was removed from the game months ago. A very DE move to not delete them from the drop table.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

I just baked Inaros so I would love a frame potato if you have any left, or something else about 20 Plat. Your choice.

Ign is shootymcstab

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
Is there any metagame at all for sentinel Rivens? I used up my luck, after having recently unveiled a Soma one and a Volnus one, today I got...a Laser Rifle one. With multishot and critical chance. It's hard to not just feel like it is taking up a Riven slot. Is there anything fun to do with them? Can I turn my sentinel into a solo AFK farming master now?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

I'll take a Warframe Slot if this is still available :nyoron:

JobboFett

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Tylana posted:

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

May I have a warframe slot please, fairy goonmother? IGN is Cesb0t. Thanks!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SomeKindofVerb posted:

Is there any metagame at all for sentinel Rivens? I used up my luck, after having recently unveiled a Soma one and a Volnus one, today I got...a Laser Rifle one. With multishot and critical chance. It's hard to not just feel like it is taking up a Riven slot. Is there anything fun to do with them? Can I turn my sentinel into a solo AFK farming master now?

I have a Riven and some forma in my Sweeper Prime and it does 4k DPS.
I wouldn't rely on it to do anything in sorties but in normal missions it's pretty handy.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Annnd done. Will get the rest sent out soonish.

EDIT : Less soonish as there is a per day gift cap

Tylana fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 16, 2018

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

McKilligan posted:

I bit the bullet and finally dropped plat on Mesa - holy crap, no wonder she's so hard to unlock normally, her 4 absolutely feels like cheating. Anything you so much as GLIMPSE on the map dies instantly, and if your COF gets a little small just recast it, no biggie. Also, if you look closely at her Regulators, you'll notice they are literally built around her index fingers - they're finger guns!

And the hammers are her thumbs. She's literally doing the 'kids doing make believe guns with their hands' gesture. Warframe art direction has so many little touches in details where you can see the devs had a lot of fun making it.

Also, her 4 was even more of a cheat before it got "nerfed". Before, you don't even have to aim. Peacemaker covers all 360 degrees so you just need to hold LMB down and anything with line of sight to Mesa just melts.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Banshee looks fun and the damage bonus from sonar is cool but it feels like Octavia is just an all around better frame to bring for damage boosts.

Or am I just playing Banshee wrong.

Also, the mod for her number 4 that changes it from channeled to normal cast, does that still stagger? It feels like the best use of her 4 is to permastun an entire room with a high range build.

Pilgrimski
Apr 23, 2008
Is there any point in using Forma or Orokin catalysts on low mastery tier weapons, or should I save them for when I unlock higher tier stuff?

At the moment I'm mastery 5 and enjoying my Orthos and Tetra but I don't know if the higher mastery unlocks are just different, or objectively better.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pilgrimski posted:

Is there any point in using Forma or Orokin catalysts on low mastery tier weapons, or should I save them for when I unlock higher tier stuff?

At the moment I'm mastery 5 and enjoying my Orthos and Tetra but I don't know if the higher mastery unlocks are just different, or objectively better.

Higher mastery tier weapons are not necessarily better.
It's just a way to give you more variety with progress.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

There's a few low MR weapons that are definitely worth using enough that you should potato them. The Hek, for example.

Orthos and Tetra both have superior variants with low mastery requirements, and are kinda bad as-is anyway. The Orthos Prime is really cheap/easy to get and is MR2, the Prisma Tetra is a bit expensive at 130 plat but is substantially better than the base Tetra, and is MR4.

Generally the weapons (and warframes!) you want to invest potatoes and jiggies into are ones that you enjoy using and that aren't strictly outclassed by something else unless that something else takes a lot of effort to get/use. The Hek is a good example, because the Vaykor Hek which is generally an upgrade to it is MR 12 which takes a long time.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

why would someone buy the prisma tetra for plat, it's a baro item

mastery rank isn't always the end-all be-all for weapons in terms of how well they can perform, but generally weapons that have better variants are lower on the list and become available sooner. always check the wiki and see if someone has better variants available because those will be the things worth putting a potato or forma into.