Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Maybe it is acceptable to not like games that are liked but also it's just bad in general to like games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I don't know this is popular, unpopular, or what. I think mostly it's duh, but here goes:

I am playing WoW again after breaking for quite a number of years, although I was around when they first introduced dungeon finder.

It is loving astonishing how asocial WoW is now. You don't really need to talk to another player at any time or engage in any activity that promotes player interactivity (even AH stuff). Running a dungeon takes like 15 minutes. They've vastly improved how visually interesting and varied the zones are, but also the game is now 100% about following the DMNPC characters.

I miss when queuing for an instance was a commitment of some kind, and moving through an instance took any planning or discipline. (I don't miss, like, the mage being the waterboy or people trying to keep hunters out of groups). But the game is so watered down now.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
No, it's only bad to like bad games such as Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

this thread is making me wanna go back to MHW for a while, it's flawed as hell but it's also massively satisfying

also idk if this is an unpopular opinion but even though it might be my fave zachtronics game yet the actual game screen for exapunks is kinda hideous, especially after the beauty that was opus magnum

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I don't know this is popular, unpopular, or what. I think mostly it's duh, but here goes:

I am playing WoW again after breaking for quite a number of years, although I was around when they first introduced dungeon finder.

It is loving astonishing how asocial WoW is now. You don't really need to talk to another player at any time or engage in any activity that promotes player interactivity (even AH stuff). Running a dungeon takes like 15 minutes. They've vastly improved how visually interesting and varied the zones are, but also the game is now 100% about following the DMNPC characters.

I miss when queuing for an instance was a commitment of some kind, and moving through an instance took any planning or discipline. (I don't miss, like, the mage being the waterboy or people trying to keep hunters out of groups). But the game is so watered down now.

The only games worse than old MMOs are modern MMOs.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Rainbow 6 Siege is a very bad game that shoulda died

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MHW is cool because it's kind of the closest thing we have to new Phantasy Star Online.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

the cavemanpunk aesthetics and the fact that everyone is kinda a psycho Goku-esque thrillseeker also make MHW very good

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

a new study bible! posted:

MHW is cool because it's kind of the closest thing we have to new Phantasy Star Online.

I thought Destiny was supposed to be the new Phantasy Star.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

unpopular opinion: destiny 1 and 2 have both been worth what I've paid for them

popular opinion: pvp in destiny 2 sucks absolute poo poo and the four man squads are nonsense

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Chomp8645 posted:

The only games worse than old MMOs are modern MMOs.

I went through the same thing with WoW like 4 years ago. I raided super seriously from Burning Crusade through Ulduar and then went back a little bit after Warlords of Draenor and was shocked at how they’d removed all the talent points and so on. Everything that made the game engaging was gone. Playing it now is basically just watching a cartoon.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Top down hack and slash wrpg's all suck

I miss RTS games that allow for turtling and base designing, like Empire Earth, Supreme Commander, Tiberian Sun (the best C&C)

The Super Mario Bros Super Show is the canon Marioverse, including the live segments

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 15, 2018

cnice
Apr 6, 2017

food court bailiff posted:

unpopular opinion: destiny 1 and 2 have both been worth what I've paid for them

popular opinion: pvp in destiny 2 sucks absolute poo poo and the four man squads are nonsense

I've had Destiny 2 since release and I can't stay logged in for more than one raid anymore. Not having the DLC probably doesn't help but, progressing is terrible late game and I'm only light 273.

I'll agree that I got the hours out of it for paying $60 since the early game is really fun.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Away all Goats posted:

The best soccer game ever made is fifa street 2

Sorry but the best soccer games are Rocket League, Mega Man Soccer, and then everything else.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

IDONTPOST posted:

Rainbow 6 Siege is a very bad game that shoulda died

there has never been a good rainbow six game. the classics were promising and ambitious but fell well short of target, and ultimately their main contribution to humanity was kicking off the downward spiral from the golden age of online shooters into a wasteland of samey realistic "tactical" shooters where the mp5 is a good gun and there are flashbangs for some reason

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Chomp8645 posted:

I thought Destiny was supposed to be the new Phantasy Star.

There are certainly some similar elements, but I think Monster Hunter fits better than Destiny. Palicos are better Mags than Ghosts.

On the subject of Destiny 2... The idea of a raid in Destiny 1 was smart, but Bungie is straight retarded to invest in them like they did instead of investing in more level, weapon, and enemy diversity. I never played the Destiny 2 raid and had any desire to do so because trial-and-erroring your way through 8 hours of squadwipe scenarios sounds like a real unfun idea.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

is pepsi ok posted:

Sorry but the best soccer games are Rocket League, Mega Man Soccer, and then everything else.

loving Sega Soccer Slam.

cnice
Apr 6, 2017

loving Sega Soccer Slam.

Super Mario Strikers is the best soccer game.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

There are no good sports games I had considerd the new Mario tennis but I’m bad at it so all sports games are traah

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

BLITZ, bitch

E. Also NBA JAM

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Outlaw Golf 2

Edit: The comments on this video are killing me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VwLlqPClbo

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 16, 2018

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Outlaw Golf 2

Edit: The comments on this video are killing me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VwLlqPClbo

loving Dave Attell, because of course.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Away all Goats posted:

The best soccer game ever made is fifa street 2

Pretty sure you mean Sensible Soccer on the Amiga, friendo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The batmobile was the coolest thing about Arkham Knight.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Yeah I miss the extremely specific satisfaction of pulling together a good dungeon group with text chat and /who.

Also play calling in arathi basin, horde owned that place on our server.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

veni veni veni posted:

Shut down the thread, we found the most unpopular opinion

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Sodomy Hussein posted:

loving Dave Attell, because of course.

This was probably right around Insomniac, so I think everything checks out.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

:chloe:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It was really funny when Batman had to sacrifice the Batmobile to save himself in an epic climactic scene, but then because it's so integral to so many of the open world side missions they had him just use his other Batmobile

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I loaded up THPS 2 the other night and played for 30 minutes... That game loving sucks. Nostalgia glasses are so strong on that poo poo.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Cool Boarders is the superior series honestly

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

veni veni veni posted:

You win the thread!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dragon Age Inquisition had a miserable main story but the DLC was actually very good and fun.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Oblivion loving sucked.

The game was boring and the map design was confusing where to go. The graphics were terrible as well. Like yeah draw distances are nice but not when they have literal N64 muddy textures.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bajaj posted:

I loaded up THPS 2 the other night and played for 30 minutes... That game loving sucks. Nostalgia glasses are so strong on that poo poo.

I bought the remake of the original and it is indeed garbage. I played for 10 minutes and immediately regretted buying digitally.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Plan Z posted:

Inquisition's creepy greasy faces mixed with pores you could swim in.

Dai is also where I really started noticing it. It's obnoxiously hard to make a good looking female char without mods.

I didn't get MEA but from all reports it's even worse in that game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I was over at the inlaws the other day and my sister in law got out their old ps2 and was like fridge corn is really good at games, I bet he could beat fur fighters for us, which is some cell shaded 3rd person shooter with colourful cartoon animals and anyway I was like sure but as soon as I started playing it i was like nope no way and put the controller down cuz the control scheme had the look and move sticks reversed and none of the preset control layouts had it set up like every single game in the last 10 years ever. It was literally completely unplayable lol

I guess my unpopular opinion is old games really suck

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

the batmobile really was cool af and if they didn't frontload so many of the mandatory batmobile sections at the beginning people would probably look at it as one of the best features of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

food court bailiff posted:

the batmobile really was cool af and if they didn't frontload so many of the mandatory batmobile sections at the beginning people would probably look at it as one of the best features of the game

I had high hopes for the bat mobile since one of the first puzzles you run into after getting it involves remote controlling it to blow a hole through a wall and manually pulling on cables to move a broken elevator up and down.

Too bad that is pretty much the only bat mobile puzzle of that kind in the entire game and the rest is just shooting loving drone tanks and some racing challenges.