Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sociopastry posted:

I did enjoy that! I'd love to see you do a run of other similar games- are you planning on doing any others?

I always had plans to eventually do a Metro 2033 Redux "Dark Railtracer" run but ended up doing Inside since it was way shorter and, to be honest, I had burned myself out doing the Last Light DLC; which even now after almost a year of it being complete few people have watched. Hell, the Inside run has a bigger and most consistent viewcount than LL, especially than LL's back half. Inside is way shorter which helps with viewer retention, but two of the other games I've been toying with the idea of LPing (2033 Redux, Alien: Isolation) are 12 to 18 hour games and I have 0 confidence in being able to carry the commentary for Isolation which have already been done in the forums and are also kinda niche, so I feel like it's gonna be like when you send a funny video to your friends' chat group and nobody reacts to it. :haw:

Now before I get called out for being a narcissistic twat I know that views are not everything, but making an LP involves (at least for me) quite a bit of work and feeling that the stuff you're making is just not getting watched is kind of a bummer.

Maybe I should not give a poo poo and :justpost:

Oh, I was eyeballing Hellblade for a second but my computer can't quite handle a stable 60fps for Hellblade so I'm a bit leery about running that. I'm even less convinced about my ability to carry the commentary for Hellblade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
it's hard. on one hand, i absolutely understand that at some point you need to just not care and :justpost:

however, i've also done LPs where very few people have watched or commented on them and it's very disheartening. i mean, if NO ONE is watching the LP, then why bother? but then also, LP as if no one is watching, right? there's a balance that is hard to strike.

that said, Metro 2033 and Alien: Isolation are both awesome and if you're worried about being able to carry the commentary solo, you could always solicit people on the forum for backup. Random goon commentators sometimes work. Though sometimes they don't. But we do have a dedicated thread to finding such back up.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Blind Sally posted:

that said, Metro 2033 and Alien: Isolation are both awesome and if you're worried about being able to carry the commentary solo, you could always solicit people on the forum for backup. Random goon commentators sometimes work. Though sometimes they don't. But we do have a dedicated thread to finding such back up.

I do subtitles :v:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
point still stands. hire a ghost writer.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

I do subtitles :v:

What, you think people can't respond to subtitles?

I'm really digging TheStrawhatNO!'s Sonic 06 playthrough. Besides Thorn somehow 360 no scope crushing the game no probs as things go on too. Big reason that I enjoy it, aside from early member of the team, Mugiwara Yoshi, returning to guest commentate throughout it is that it's just him, Thorn, and later, other group regular JigglyJacob just shooting the poo poo and going off the wall as they normally do with their commentary.

So if you liked the King jokes in Sleeping Dogs, Doc Louis being a series of non sequiturs in Punch-Out Wii, or their bizarre take on Joel in The Last of Us, you'll enjoy that LP too. They're 14 parts in and just finished Shadow's story so it's going pretty well so far.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuhyyy6nra7VgOkxt7jx2N_-nccbQKprt

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
atmospheric horror games like isolation neither neither need nor benefit from someone carrying commentary on them. the number one thing that i thought of in the like once i managed to stream Isolation before getting distracted by life was dropping on a heart rate monitor. you also got my normal reactions to getting murked or whatever i guess, but let's be real, i was not adding a new dimension of cerebral experience to that game and that's fine - those sorts of games pivot on their ability to completely enrapture viewers.

(interesting quirk we discovered: my heart rate, which is generally a little high because i'm a muscle stick, actually went down while being chased and grabbed by androids. less quirkily, it shot into the stratosphere when the xenomorph happened.)

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

The Arkham Asylum playthrough by The Man with a Hat has disappeared along with sites it was posted to, so I'm looking for a skilled LP of any of the Batman: Arkham [Whatever] games; the Middle-Earth: Shadow of [Whatever] games would also work.

LPers without godawful speaking voices are also a requirement. I can only handle Screech in very small doses.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Hello Sailor posted:

The Arkham Asylum playthrough by The Man with a Hat has disappeared along with sites it was posted to, so I'm looking for a skilled LP of any of the Batman: Arkham [Whatever] games; the Middle-Earth: Shadow of [Whatever] games would also work.

LPers without godawful speaking voices are also a requirement. I can only handle Screech in very small doses.

Scruffy got you covered

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Can y’all recommend a complete, informative Persona 5 LP? A friend of mine wants to learn about the game.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
A German Spy did a Persona 5 LP. Starts off as a blind first look but eventually becomes a very thorough complete LP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chL7DbEXKRU

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

After watching the Golden Compass LP by Men Drinkin Coffee I take back everything bad I've said about them, which has included several tweets and even mentions in traditional media.

That cube stuff was hilarious, I recommend that LP to everyone.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

I was working my way through the "For the Love of God" Papal Paradox mega LP and while nearing the last few pages I lost track of my link to it and stupidly didn't bookmark it. I can no longer find this thread and was wondering if anyone has a link? Did it get archived or closed or what?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834874

Still active, but no posts in the last couple weeks.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I just want to shill Chokes Mcgee's Final Fantasy Legend/ SaGa 1 Let's play on the archive real quick.

He made a professional level narrative out of bits and pieces a Gameboy game of all things gave him and despite not liking all of his twists the sheer effort and ability needed to do has earned my respect. Trog Best Character.

Edit: Is he still around btw?

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
EDIT disregard this, there's shenanigans!

geri_khan fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 9, 2018

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
If we're doing this (in a different thread)...

Are there any passable French-language LPs? Or, rather, since there can't not be any, can goons recommend any? Ideally it would be LPs of the kind of poo poo I LP myself done by someone speaking Metropolitan French

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 15, 2018

Dancer
May 23, 2011
He only does individual videos, not really complete let's plays, but I really like 8rgk on youtube. He won't satisfy you, but might be enough for an afternoon or two.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Oh, and how could I forget Zaroth. I think he's nice, although not outstanding, and he consistently plays great games (inc Hollow Knight, Iconoclasts, Bayonetta, Teslagrad). His biggest drawback is the lovely mic quality, though it's improved lately.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And another one I can't "recommend", but I can only assume that old school French Canadian goon favourite Psychedelic Eyeball has some French stuff :v: .

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I need a good screenshot LP to kick back with, as I'm out of Pokemon Reborn and Vampires Dawn, and I'm looking at the Fire Emblem LPs, but... oh boy. There are 32958837 of them. Where should I start? I'm interested in both the main games and the ridiculous romhacks.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I need a good screenshot LP to kick back with, as I'm out of Pokemon Reborn and Vampires Dawn, and I'm looking at the Fire Emblem LPs, but... oh boy. There are 32958837 of them. Where should I start? I'm interested in both the main games and the ridiculous romhacks.

Well, for ridiculous romhacks, there's one that stands out from the rest.

FIRE EMBLEM DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS OSTIAN PRINCESS

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Steve's Adventures in Ultima

Neverwinter Nights 2

Those both have sequels.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

StrixNebulosa posted:

You could start at the beginning, with LordHippoman's LP of Shadow Dragon for DS, which is a remake of the first game in the series. It's a good LP that I just recently finished reading myself. There is one problem though; LordHippoman had previously done an LP of Heroes of Light and Shadow (a DS remake of Shadow Dragon's direct sequel), and the Shadow Dragon LP does occasionally reference that LP. It's nothing to heavy-handed, but I could see it being offputting. Another optionis to go straight to the source for the NES original, but honestly that version is super bare-bones so I'd only recommend it if you can't go for the DS version. Shadow Dragon is probably better known as "the one with Marth in it".

You could also read the LPs in the most likely order anyone who didn't live in Japan played the games; starting with Blazing Sword, the game released outside Japan as simply "Fire Emblem" on the GBA. I can't personally recommend an LP because I'd still prefer to beat that one myself, but both Artix and Melth have done LPs of it.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Are there any Youtube LPers that specialize in retro JRPGs? I'm wanting to watch through all the old NES/SNES/maybe some Paper Marios JRPGs I'm never going to get around to playing but I'd like someone who does stuff like edits out repetitive battles and such.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Getsuya posted:

Are there any Youtube LPers that specialize in retro JRPGs? I'm wanting to watch through all the old NES/SNES/maybe some Paper Marios JRPGs I'm never going to get around to playing but I'd like someone who does stuff like edits out repetitive battles and such.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834280

They don't seem to updating the thread anymore, because it stops at episode 38 and their own channel goes to 44.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700519

They seem to have given up on the project somewhere in the middle of FF7, but they completed the first six, plus a couple of spin off games.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

I recommend the FE9 LP the most. He's the best source on the internet to see all the Supports.

On the other hand, Vilkacis is one of my favorite Lpers and he makes funny edits such as Roy growing a beard to match his stats.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

TheMcD posted:

Well, for ridiculous romhacks, there's one that stands out from the rest.

FIRE EMBLEM DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS OSTIAN PRINCESS

Commander Keene posted:

You could start at the beginning, with LordHippoman's LP of Shadow Dragon for DS, which is a remake of the first game in the series. It's a good LP that I just recently finished reading myself. There is one problem though; LordHippoman had previously done an LP of Heroes of Light and Shadow (a DS remake of Shadow Dragon's direct sequel), and the Shadow Dragon LP does occasionally reference that LP. It's nothing to heavy-handed, but I could see it being offputting. Another optionis to go straight to the source for the NES original, but honestly that version is super bare-bones so I'd only recommend it if you can't go for the DS version. Shadow Dragon is probably better known as "the one with Marth in it".

You could also read the LPs in the most likely order anyone who didn't live in Japan played the games; starting with Blazing Sword, the game released outside Japan as simply "Fire Emblem" on the GBA. I can't personally recommend an LP because I'd still prefer to beat that one myself, but both Artix and Melth have done LPs of it.

MythosDragon posted:

I recommend the FE9 LP the most. He's the best source on the internet to see all the Supports.

On the other hand, Vilkacis is one of my favorite Lpers and he makes funny edits such as Roy growing a beard to match his stats.

Okay, in order to really appreciate the romhack TheMcD posted, I'm reading the LP Artix did of Blazing Sword and having a blast! Thanks for all the recs!

Skwirl posted:

Steve's Adventures in Ultima

Neverwinter Nights 2

Those both have sequels.

I've read those! That's part of why I specified the Fire Emblem series, as I've been through most of the SSLPs on the archive. :sweatdrop:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm looking for comprehensive, informative LPs of the hard-to-play original Tomb Raider series. I know there were a set by someone with a Quebecois or french accent on the forums a long time ago, but I think they just got as far as the first video of the third entry.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm looking for comprehensive, informative LPs of the hard-to-play original Tomb Raider series. I know there were a set by someone with a Quebecois or french accent on the forums a long time ago, but I think they just got as far as the first video of the third entry.

You might be thinking of Suspicious, who is the first thing that comes to mind when someone says Tomb Raider to me:
https://bd.baldurk.org/
(scroll down to T)
On there is:
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Underworld
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Of interesting note to anyone else, the Left 4 Dead LPs there by baldurk, Blister, cKnoor and EthanSteele, coolcat was very interesting at the time since they'd intercut each characters viewpoint at various times which isn't something I've seen done as well in a multiplayer FPS LP since.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Suspicious was indeed who I was thinking of, and his LPs represent exactly what I'm looking for...except I want a similar brand of coverage of the even more execrable entries 3-6, consisting of III, The Last Revelation, Chronicles, and The Angel of Darkness. After the first two, I'm jonesin' for more.

Only the first video of 3 is up on the site. Is there more elsewhere?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 20, 2018

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Enchanted Hat just completed his LP of Restaurant Empire. It's the perfect type of game for an LP, fairly obscure, fairly obtuse, and pretty fuckin' weird. You wouldn't necessarily want to play the game yourself, but he does a great job guiding you through the plot. Plus, some of the restaurant designs the thread came up with are on point. The second restaurant and final restaurant are both worth seeing in their full glory. 5/5, looking forward to when EH does Restaurant Empire 2.

Also, someone needs to make people try those recipes, they're... not appetizing.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Can someone please recommend an LP of Wolfenstein: The New Order?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Lazyfire has done comprehensive LPs of TNO and TNC.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Discendo Vox posted:

Only the first video of 3 is up on the site. Is there more elsewhere?

Nope. I started recording the first levels of TR3 but it was beginning to feel like a second job instead of a fun hobby so I stopped.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

bony tony posted:

Lazyfire has done comprehensive LPs of TNO and TNC.

thank you, I'll give it another try.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Suspicious posted:

Nope. I started recording the first levels of TR3 but it was beginning to feel like a second job instead of a fun hobby so I stopped.

B-but my need for historical contextualizing commentary and perspective on obtuse level design must be sated!

Alas, I understand.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are there any channels doing good post-release Dead Cells stuff? Preferably from a new file. The good stuff is all early access and the post-release stuff is almost entirely insufferable.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Are there any channels doing good post-release Dead Cells stuff? Preferably from a new file. The good stuff is all early access and the post-release stuff is almost entirely insufferable.

I am also looking for this as insufferable is an understatement. Caught some good streams but something starting from the beginning would be helpful.

Ganj
Oct 9, 2012
SB is an OK guy to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv2Qcu6n6_mKYxftS3tapuXnXNi5tkptQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Bellmaker posted:

I am also looking for this as insufferable is an understatement. Caught some good streams but something starting from the beginning would be helpful.

I know TieTuesday streamed some post-release Dead Cells earlier this month.

Stream 1: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/301427706

Stream 2: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/301847824

Stream 3: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/303801029

There are also other games on the streams, but Dead Cells is first everytime.