Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

drat! not only is Bastion hung, he's also woke af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

that eye looks pretty jaundiced, have you seen a doctor about that?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Cat Mattress posted:

The body horror comedy tour is far from over, I see.

quote:

Anonymous asked: Ash, you draw the best body horror <3

<3 This ain’t even the worst thing this chapter though. I had to research for this other thing. I had to construct a model.

...:ohdear:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

drat! not only is Bastion hung, he's also woke af

pretty sure hes got no balls tho.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
More naked Bastion, hooray!

Also, with spoiler tags for potentially significant mechanics spoilers

quote:

Anonymous asked: Are locations in the khert coterminous with landmarks in Kasslyne or does it shift around as it needs to? Like would Duane or Lady Ilganyag need to be near Ethelmik if they wanted to check out the baby forest??

I’ve always wondered why no one ever asked this as it’s a pretty big deal :D

No, the khert is not coterminous with the instantiated world. The only way to make it “stick” is to make a hole between the two, such as was made back in that love hotel room or :siren: as exists at the heart of the Silver Eel. :siren: These breaches are like thorns that snag the khert and freeze it temporarily there in metaphysical space.

:stonk:

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 30, 2018

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

now I'm confused can people with no balls even gently caress??

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
historically speaking absolutely yes lmao

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Tollymain posted:

historically speaking absolutely yes lmao

heyooooo

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

now I'm confused can people with no balls even gently caress??

Still got a dick, erection is a matter of blood flow which the magical doctor can probably come up with something for.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Why don't you try stuffing your wallet up your rear end?

Mild WoG about the... things... in the last panel: they're just khert ghosts, apparently, hanging out on the khert lines. Weird and somewhat creepy looking, but basically just scenery.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I love the look he gives at the suggestion. Like, no poo poo, of course shoving my wallet up my rear end was the first thing I tried.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
No crepes for the creeps.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Also note the pillow sailing gracefully out the window in the second to last panel.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I love the look he gives at the suggestion. Like, no poo poo, of course shoving my wallet up my rear end was the first thing I tried.

wouldn't you?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Found you, Bastion.

lol noted dweeb Darkest Paul gets dunked on yet again

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

So the guard just totally wants the First Gold for himself, right?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

PetraCore posted:

So the guard just totally wants the First Gold for himself, right?

No, he's just very concerned about the safety of the subhuman things in the concentration camp that have no pymaric ability. He want to make certain that all of them make it safely to the gulag.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
A true humanitarian.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

guards in concentration camps are known for their caring.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

At least the parents get to keep their children.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I mean I never thought he had good intentions, I was just wondering if people thought that First Gold would ever actually end up turned in to his bosses or not.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Depends how on the ball his higher ups are about finding it and taking it for themselves

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
Darkest Paul had better survive, because watching him getting punked every time he's on page is a great way to relieve the increasing amount of tension

Wondering about the guard's motivations is kind of besides the point. The point of the interaction was 1) make sure the audience knows this is a first material object so they know why it can block a pymaric attack; 2) show that Cresce treats the two-toes in a brutal, dehumanizing way. Wondering "but what would the guard have DONE with the stolen goods?" doesn't matter; the point is that the two-toes are now subject to state-sanctioned robbery and have no recourse.

I am curious as to what exactly Bastion did to the guard's eyes, though.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Fair enough. It's also pretty chilling how the robbery has two layers to it, one being that the two-toe can't stop this dude from just confiscating whatever he likes, the other being that the rattle could provide a meager measure of protection and security because it's First Gold and that the two-toes aren't going to be allowed even that. The fact that it's just a toy being used to entertain a baby is irrelevant to the guard. And the fact that it's made of something valuable isn't the point.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

Oh god, I'm sorry I asked her - Bastion froze that dude's eyeballs

augh augh augh

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Oh god, I'm sorry I asked her - Bastion froze that dude's eyeballs

augh augh augh

Only part of them. :colbert:

If he gets basic wright treatment reasonably soon he'll be fine.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

You should have more faith in Delicieu.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Conveniently, Kasslyne's top healer is standing right here.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I only just realised that woman in the hood is Elka :cripes:

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

Autonomous Monster posted:

Wait, what?

...oh my GOD :cripes:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Autonomous Monster posted:

I'm not 100% convinced but I'm not 0% convinced either.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm not 100% convinced but I'm not 0% convinced either.

Same, though it is the right color of pymary, and at least in the poor lighting looks roughly like her skin tone.

Hard to say with whoever it is being so bundled and wrapped up.

I think the pymary color sells it the most to me though, since that has always been a defining characteristic for the named reoccurring characters.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

It's not Elka - she has a gold boob-plate and this is a silver chestplate. We also don't see her dyed bit of hair on closeups, and the shape of the eyes is different. Bastion also clearly addresses this person with information about Bell's rebellion in a pretty casual manner - it's likely Bastion is correct, and this is just someone Bell has dispatched to keep an eye on the silver as it goes up the river.

Now that we know Ruck is helping both Queen Sonorie and manipulating Bell, I'm very interested to know what his endgame is. He seems too alien to want to do something like run Cresce via Bell-proxy, but he also seems to be really fascinated by people, so I also don't think it's something like "use the Black Tongue's soul research to genocide humans as a whole." He doesn't like that humans are dominant, and likes the Black Tongues worshipping him, but wouldn't that get old for an immortal?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

It's not Elka - she has a gold boob-plate and this is a silver chestplate. We also don't see her dyed bit of hair on closeups, and the shape of the eyes is different. Bastion also clearly addresses this person with information about Bell's rebellion in a pretty casual manner - it's likely Bastion is correct, and this is just someone Bell has dispatched to keep an eye on the silver as it goes up the river.

Now that we know Ruck is helping both Queen Sonorie and manipulating Bell, I'm very interested to know what his endgame is. He seems too alien to want to do something like run Cresce via Bell-proxy, but he also seems to be really fascinated by people, so I also don't think it's something like "use the Black Tongue's soul research to genocide humans as a whole." He doesn't like that humans are dominant, and likes the Black Tongues worshipping him, but wouldn't that get old for an immortal?

If the description of his race as junkies is anything to go by, I'm assuming the immortal addict has been manipulating things behind the scenes for awhile to set the stage for the perfect hit. 50/50 odds on him getting so high he ascends to a minor deity in the khert.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It's gotta be pretty obvious even to him that Bell and Sonorie and really absolutely anybody with a lick of sense are gonna dispose of him the microsecond they don't need him anymore, so presumably his game is just to generate as much chaos as possible so there's always a role for him and nobody's ever in a position to do that.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 16, 2018

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But that's a defensive game - if he was just interested in surviving he could have just slunk away after Sonorie woke him up and be gone, go sleep for another thousand years and not worry about it. Ruck definitely wants to do something. He's agreed to Sonorie and Roger's plan, but then he sees Bell as ripe for manipulation and uses him to stir up a full-bore rebellion. He seizes control of the Black Tongues after the Lady goes, but that's a move of opportunity - if she hadn't abandoned them he'd never have an in. So the Black Tongues are very useful but not necessary for whatever he's planning, since I don't think Ruck had anything at all to do with the Lady leaving.

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_32.html This page feels like a clue to his real motivations, but then we find out that Ruck is also running the rebellion to depose her, so clearly he's lying to SOMEBODY.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

He wants to survive and have a fun life eating the most interesting minds from these interesting times. Just hibernating for eternity in an empty cave might technically be survival, but it ain't living.

The bit where he hints at his motives is the bit where he wants to eat Sonorie and then she won't be sad or want anything anymore.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 16, 2018

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

But that's a defensive game - if he was just interested in surviving he could have just slunk away after Sonorie woke him up and be gone, go sleep for another thousand years and not worry about it. Ruck definitely wants to do something. He's agreed to Sonorie and Roger's plan, but then he sees Bell as ripe for manipulation and uses him to stir up a full-bore rebellion. He seizes control of the Black Tongues after the Lady goes, but that's a move of opportunity - if she hadn't abandoned them he'd never have an in. So the Black Tongues are very useful but not necessary for whatever he's planning, since I don't think Ruck had anything at all to do with the Lady leaving.

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_32.html This page feels like a clue to his real motivations, but then we find out that Ruck is also running the rebellion to depose her, so clearly he's lying to SOMEBODY.

It seems like his objective is just having a powerful leader in his thrall. He doesn't care if it's Sonorie or Bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Scream a happy song of every wrong thing.