Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Would you say that Xi is in hot water? :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Would you say that Xi is in hot water? :downsrim:

Embattled

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Zohar posted:

on the coup thing: I've heard it from people with good connections that this is a thing, though it's not really a "coup" so much as trying to end the trade war and limit Xi's overreach - since it sounds like no one expects them to actually try to remove Xi. I did hear they wanted to get rid of Wang Huning. The Beidaihe meeting started a few days ago which is where people were expecting poo poo to go down, but I don't think any concrete news has come out of it yet

What kind of connections?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Blistex posted:

Guangxi

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Blistex posted:

he has an undercover agent in the wo hop to

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Trammel posted:

It's a good headline, but the article has no suggestions on how it will "backfire"

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1113561.shtml

It's kinda weird how people hate trump so much they're willing to throw taiwan under the bus for it. Like the relationship between the countries is gross and taiwan should be recognized on a global stage but whenever the trump admin ever does anything that suggests taiwan is it's own independent country rather than using this opportunity to express how lovely the taiwan/china relationship is the press just doubles down on how this is causing issues with china. gently caress china, taiwan number 1.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

ArbitraryC posted:

It's kinda weird how people hate trump so much they're willing to throw taiwan under the bus for it. Like the relationship between the countries is gross and taiwan should be recognized on a global stage but whenever the trump admin ever does anything that suggests taiwan is it's own independent country rather than using this opportunity to express how lovely the taiwan/china relationship is the press just doubles down on how this is causing issues with china. gently caress china, taiwan number 1.

For a disturbing number of Americans, the only information they ever received on Taiwan was from that loving Dave Chapelle bit.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Atlas Hugged posted:

For a disturbing number of Americans, the only information they ever received on Taiwan was from that loving Dave Chapelle bit.
"Oh cool, I live thai food"

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I think Trump is just so colossally stupid that people uninformed on whatever he's doing this week find it safer to just assume he's loving up.

Unfortunately, a stopped clock is right twice a day...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

But that's, like, a PRC editorial... of course they want to throw Taiwan under the bus.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Same with Cambodia, alot of people only know it from Chapelle show

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Taiwanese people are aware of this; I’ve been asked several times “How do you know Taiwan?” or “How did you hear about Taiwan?”

Taiwan: China, for hipsters.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mexican archeologists find 7,000-year-old Mayan remains in cave

I feel like this heralds an exciting time for Chinese archeology.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I read that title as though a 7,000 year old Mayan dude is refusing to leave his cave like a petulant teen.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

ocrumsprug posted:

Mexican archeologists find 7,000-year-old Mayan remains in cave

I feel like this heralds an exciting time for Chinese archeology.

great news from china - ancient tomb found with seven thousand and one year old remains

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
When I was at the British museum there were floods of tour buses coming in but interesting enough the everyone had awesome ear buds and the tour guide was doing the tour through a head set. Which is really cool but you still get your country bumpkin nongs from time to time messing things up and the fat American type tourist (rare)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I went to the British Museum with a bunch of white friends and they lost me in the crowd of mainlanders.

I, an Asian man of average height, lost them too :(

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ibblebibble posted:

I went to the British Museum with a bunch of white friends and they lost me in the crowd of mainlanders.

I, an Asian man of average height, lost them too :(

Did the crowd just swallow you up and next thing you know you're on the tour bus and now living in china?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I slept on a toilet in the British Museum once. I was at MOLA doing research and I'd been up all night before, and my bus back to Bournemouth wasn't for five more hours. It was the cheapest sleeping option and not bad at all. Also, it's a pretty loving great museum and FREE.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I slept on a toilet in the British Museum once. I was at MOLA doing research and I'd been up all night before, and my bus back to Bournemouth wasn't for five more hours. It was the cheapest sleeping option and not bad at all. Also, it's a pretty loving great museum and FREE.

#wanderlust

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

Did the crowd just swallow you up and next thing you know you're on the tour bus and now living in china?

没有为什么

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

This From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler remake is sounding pretty weird.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

EimiYoshikawa posted:

This From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler remake is sounding pretty weird.

It all ended when I did the laundry. Apparently, public nudity is unwelcome.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Academia is great.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

You could have slept at the dorms of the LSE, they are very reasonably priced and open to rent for a day by the public.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

It all ended when I did the laundry. Apparently, public nudity is unwelcome.

Time to move back to Japan

Mtthnsly
Jan 19, 2009

Let's all get fucked up and make fun of internet weirdos! Including ourselves.
Tortured By Flan

Outrail posted:

On the off chance he wins I kinda figure the same will happen to trump a few months into his presidency.

edit: An assassin waltzes into the white house wearing a spangled stars and stripes Elvis suit while the security detail waves him through.

I'm only quoting this post because holy poo poo we all wish this would have been true.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
Invading the Taiwan thread

https://twitter.com/Hongkong_Bear/status/1028629388017852416?s=19

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Remember how well the first invasion attempt went?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Please post green hat sightings ITT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1P77P-ljXM

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

\
Why would you sunbathe in a road

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3505399

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

everyone will be watching us
why don't we sunbathe in the rooooadd

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

everyone will be watching us
why don't we sunbathe in the rooooadd

What do you think - english, american or aussie?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Goddamn expats are retards

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

No monster hunting for the chinese. https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/14/monster-hunter-world-pulled-china/

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Should have made the items the monsters drop make you rock hard.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

What the heck is offensive to the Chinese about hunting and murdering endangered animals for their bits and pieces?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
They're not getting first choice on boner meds from them.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Savage For The Winjun posted:

What the heck is offensive to the Chinese about hunting and murdering endangered animals for their bits and pieces?

If I belonged to a conservationist group I would disseminate pamphlets in mandarin about how animals drink COLD WATER and are therefore bad for healthy. Did you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Savage For The Winjun posted:

Restructuring of the regulatory body means no new liscence is being issued for video games. I guess Tencent thought they have enough clout to ignore it but got slapped down.

• Locked thread