Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Tom Hardy should be the live action Robotnik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

God, but I wish Long John Baldry was still with us. Mike Pollock is Eggman, but that dude was the Dr Robotnik.

We have to be honest with ourselves, the only bad Dr Robotnik/Eggman was Garry Chalk, and that's because his voice is too hearty and down-to-earth, two things Eggman is nowhere near. A down to earth sort of guy goes to work, comes home, and eats dinner. Eggman builds a giant amusement park bristling with springs and laser weaponry, then builds a giant robot to assemble a delicious sandwich for him, unleashes Lovecraftian nightmares on the world, and to cap it off he sets a forest on fire for no particular reason except to do something with his surplus oil.

What I'm saying is that Dr. Eggman is the greatest character in modern literature.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
when did garry chalk voice eggman?

oh, Underground

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
And now he's a version of Dr. Light who looks like he's Optimus Primal's pretender form.

We live in intresting times.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Pomplamoose posted:

Tom Hardy should be the live action Robotnik.

Like, not just for his uncanny appearance as Charlie Bronson, but also because that dude can lose himself in any part and he's totally committed. Hell he'd probably gain like 90 lbs of pure belly fat without even being asked to.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm visiting my mothers and going through some of my old stuff, I found these.

I never did get the chance to play the Sonic CD. I think I didn't want to cut up the book because there was some cool-rear end Shinobi artwork on the next page.

Excerpt from Sonic's Diary. I remember "the fattest Tails I had ever seen" comment completely cracked me up.

And some peak early 90's imagery

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

I can't decide between

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Sonic: a radical rolling spin attack

and

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Sonic: I jumped on that dude

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

VikingofRock posted:

I can't decide between

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Sonic: a radical rolling spin attack

and

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Sonic: I jumped on that dude

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Sonic: The Fattest Tails I Had Ever Seen

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Like, not just for his uncanny appearance as Charlie Bronson, but also because that dude can lose himself in any part and he's totally committed. Hell he'd probably gain like 90 lbs of pure belly fat without even being asked to.

I bet he could do a good Long John Baldry-esque voice too.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

We have to be honest with ourselves, the only bad Dr Robotnik/Eggman was Garry Chalk, and that's because his voice is too hearty and down-to-earth, two things Eggman is nowhere near. A down to earth sort of guy goes to work, comes home, and eats dinner. Eggman builds a giant amusement park bristling with springs and laser weaponry, then builds a giant robot to assemble a delicious sandwich for him, unleashes Lovecraftian nightmares on the world, and to cap it off he sets a forest on fire for no particular reason except to do something with his surplus oil.

What I'm saying is that Dr. Eggman is the greatest character in modern literature.

He is certainly a larger than life figure, both figuratively and literally.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I had those books! Hell, I might even still have them together with my chunky stack of Sonic the Comic issues.

Midtier
Mar 7, 2018

Salt of the Earth
Me too

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Well at least Blaze and Vector are in it

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1030076810669645824

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Cool Crocmobile

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

It's no use!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am a bit confused why Vector is on a team with Blaze and Silver, instead of you know the rest of the Chaotix.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m confused on why they keep putting Silver in games.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Man, Vector really gets around. I thought in Free riders when he was teamed up with Amy and Cream was odd.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
It is canon that Vector is just a cool dude everybody wants to hang with, why you guys gotta judge him

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

SeANMcBAY posted:

Silver is cool.

This team doesn't make much sense but at least they're in. Idk who'd I put in a 3rd slot between Silver and Blaze aside from like Marine.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How does Silver know how to drive

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Driving while psychic seems like it could be pretty dangerous.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Nodosaur posted:

How does Silver know how to drive

Well when you come from a post-apocalyptic future, there isn't exactly much to do so yeah. We do at least see 1 drivable car in the destroyed future too (the buggy Shadow drives) so it's possible.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Silver's future isn't post apocalyptic anymore. The point is he can fly, and is not very technical minded, and is also pretty dumb.

Blaze shouldn't even know what a car IS. Her world doesn't have roads.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Has Silver even been in a mainline game since 06? I forgot if he was in Forces and I somehow played through that unmemorable piece of poo poo.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's mostly been non-playable appearances.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Has Silver even been in a mainline game since 06? I forgot if he was in Forces and I somehow played through that unmemorable piece of poo poo.

He wasn't playable but he did appear in Generations, Forces and the DS version of Colors.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Highlight of the TSR reveals so far;
https://twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/1030104856210620417

I know they can't because Legal will murder them but I want Victor's car to be called that in game.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's called the Tailgator.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

SeANMcBAY posted:

Trunks the Hedgehog is cool and his boss fight in generations was awesome

Also he’s voiced by Raiden now

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Don't forget the game where the current CANONICAL meeting of Silver the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog happened everyone! Everyone's fave game Sonic Rivals! Where our two heroes teamed up/beat up with one another to prevent Eggmans decedent/alternate reality version from taking a selfie with the world in order to turn it in to a trading card. Silver was even playable there! You could have even dressed him up as Santa! Some how I'm not making any of that up!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

Trunks the Hedgehog is cool and his boss fight in generations was awesome

Also he’s voiced by Raiden now

No, that bossfight was extremely mediocre, cause 2D modern Sonic is not the greatest and that fight highlights that like no tomorrow by also becoming unwinnable if you run out of boost/rings.
I mean still leaps and bounds over Time Eater, but that's not a high bar to clear.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Been enjoying plus, but I definitely hyped myself up too much and had to dial expectations back some. Was expecting a level or two. But for the price it was I can't really complain. Even if I did buy the game again for the physical release.

Was really hoping for an Icecap Zone or another beta level like that wood zone from Sonic 2.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm disappointed that they aren't all wearing racing outfits, just really going all in on their dumb motor sports. Blaze the Cat in a Danica Patrick get-up just feels right somehow.

It would be a fun Easter egg if you could unlock Sonic on foot and just have him boost ahead and drift around like in Unleashed. Maybe as a 100% completion bonus, but he has to collect rings to boost and trips as soon as a car hits him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kikas posted:

No, that bossfight was extremely mediocre, cause 2D modern Sonic is not the greatest and that fight highlights that like no tomorrow by also becoming unwinnable if you run out of boost/rings.
I mean still leaps and bounds over Time Eater, but that's not a high bar to clear.

Uhh. The fight with Silver in Generations was not 2D, and it's impossible to run out of rings/ boost.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Uhh. The fight with Silver in Generations was not 2D, and it's impossible to run out of rings/ boost.

There are 2D sections during that fight, which are horrible and you can run out of rings cause the track the battle takes place is on a loop and doesn't respawn rings.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Silver is amazing and he's still from a post-apocalypse future.

Every time he comes back in time to save the future he goes back and finds something else has loving destroyed it

EDIT: This issue also introduced Whisper, who's just Sniper Wolf/Quiet except not exclusively because her weapon's variable

Onmi fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 17, 2018

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That’s just the current status in IDW.

In Colors DS he describes his future as a happy place. That’s the last we’ve heard of his status quo there.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfW89U6rWzg

Sonic R prototype character models vs final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Onmi posted:

Silver is amazing and he's still from a post-apocalypse future.

Every time he comes back in time to save the future he goes back and finds something else has loving destroyed it

Silver confirmed to be Mayor Chuck Goodrich.

Although what I really want is for them to work out that Silver travelling back to the future is what triggers everything going to poo poo again, and he never learns that if he just stays put then everything will be fine.

Or alternatively, he never actually time travels and is just hallucinating everything.

Onmi posted:

EDIT: This issue also introduced Whisper, who's just Sniper Wolf/Quiet except not exclusively because her weapon's variable

I like these new characters they're introducing, but did they really say 'crap' in a children's comic?