Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did VG Close the Poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 1 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

gg secret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's funny how brood was a nothing hero for so long and is a beast now.

Nah the funny part is how it has nothing to do with the hero itself and just because you can feed infinite spiderlings now and it doesn't matter

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Firebatgyro posted:

Nah the funny part is how it has nothing to do with the hero itself and just because you can feed infinite spiderlings now and it doesn't matter

*tiny snipes hundreds of spiderlings during laning*

<40 minutes elapse>

*broodmother 1v4s the enemy team, wins game single-handedly*

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

And this is AFTER a nerf

Its surprising we didn't see her more during the supermajor, but the science might have been out at that point. Even with as strong as brood is, there are almost no brood spammers at high MMR to clue everyone into how strong the hero is, even now you barely see brood in the 7k pubs

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

i think posters itt have bad opinions on casters, except for me, a smart man, who has correct opinions

lumi is worse than ayesee

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I think teams need to just first ban brood against VP. They keep first picking it and running people over

I know we're early in the meta development, but do you think there's a hero they're even more afraid of rightly, or are they just doing the usual suspect bans first instead of brood?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

no one :stonk:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Taffer posted:

i think posters itt have bad opinions on casters, except for me, a smart man, who has correct opinions

lumi is worse than ayesee

Being correct is a deep burden but I will relinquish the role to you

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

parabolic posted:

I know we're early in the meta development, but do you think there's a hero they're even more afraid of rightly, or are they just doing the usual suspect bans first instead of brood?

Now is the perfect time to figure out if you can handle Brood. I would suspect most teams will let them have it once in this round robin just to test the waters, expect it banned every single game in the main stage unless some team manages to own them which wont happen

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
reminder

whole lotta fallen heroes on there

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Countdown to Clinkz getting meganerfed after TI8

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

we got a LOT of heroes on the razor's edge of getting straight deleted from the game after TI

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
VGJS beast mode

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

i lust for optic death

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pajkatt is dogshit

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

parabolic posted:

wisp is pretty scary, silencer and cm are pretty strong right now as well. It just depends on the team.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

emdash posted:

VGJS beast mode

SS(VG)J

also Secret first-phase ban brood. it's beginning

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ld is left-wing irl.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

jesus christ the main-stream game switch timing is SO BAD

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
pain up by 43k

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Cross Ember off the list of non-picked

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Secret is now picking up the wraith king for themselves, is puppey starting to copy other team's strats again?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Secret: learned enough to ban Brood from VP. Did not learn enough to not pick Wisp Gyro.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

midone vs noone is quite a matchup

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

in a just world everyone who picked wisp would lose.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

in a just world everyone who picked wisp would lose.

We're honestly pretty close

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
that's a core shadow demon on Pasha

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Core SD is only cool Mid.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

I'LL HELP MY WEAK AND PUNY ALLIES WHERE I CAN

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

the production for TI this year is super underwhelming, even ignoring the technical issues. There is no panel or any higher level discussion of games at all, it's just casts and then machine ripping the stream away midfight to say "OKAY GUYS TIME TO CHECK ANOTHER GAME". Fuckin 100 million dollars and they can't put out a couch and ask a couple people who are already there to talk about how the teams and the meta etc are progressing.

It makes it a lot less engaging and honestly I'm starting to lose some interest already.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Taffer posted:

the production for TI this year is super underwhelming, even ignoring the technical issues. There is no panel or any higher level discussion of games at all, it's just casts and then machine ripping the stream away midfight to say "OKAY GUYS TIME TO CHECK ANOTHER GAME". Fuckin 100 million dollars and they can't put out a couch and ask a couple people who are already there to talk about how the teams and the meta etc are progressing.

It makes it a lot less engaging and honestly I'm starting to lose some interest already.

Yeah they could really afford to spice up the group stages really at all. The main stream is pretty pointless since it's been proven to be quite bad at switching to interesting action.

It would be cool if they worked harder to instead pull replays from all four games, cherry picking them together like Red Zone for american football.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zurreco posted:

Core SD is only cool Mid.

wishin he was still a gnoll with a flail.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Taffer posted:

dog you're in the top 3 worst posters of the thread

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

One day it'll be techies time to shine. I love watching pros play against rear end in a top hat heroes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

dog you're in the top 3 worst posters of the thread

as one of the other members of that triumvirate - heck, he's right.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Taffer posted:

Hmm yes I'd much rather listen to loving Nahaz or someone talk about stats than watch actual Dota thats going on.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
33 solo triple kill good lord

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Firebatgyro posted:

Hmm yes I'd much rather listen to loving Nahaz or someone talk about stats than watch actual Dota thats going on.

Sports events (dota or otherwise) are made engaging by storylines, it's way more than just the game. Panels, even if they're full of shitbirds like nahaz, provide context and storylines which make the whole event way more engaging and fun.

Hell, even just having Nahaz around would make it more fun because it gives the viewers something to talk (argue) about.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

parabolic posted:

It would be cool if they worked harder to instead pull replays from all four games, cherry picking them together like Red Zone for american football.

p. sure that's how it went first year of the multicast (plus Bruno was hosting)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Taffer posted:

Sports events (dota or otherwise) are made engaging by storylines, it's way more than just the game. Panels, even if they're full of shitbirds like nahaz, provide context and storylines which make the whole event way more engaging and fun.

Hell, even just having Nahaz around would make it more fun because it gives the viewers something to talk (argue) about.

I just want to watch Dota dude