Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Alfalfa posted:

Will shoot you a PM tomorrow with it when I get to work.

Thanks man! I'll probably take all of those settings, tinker, and then post a link to this thread for anyone to double check them that would like to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Sataere posted:

CBS is what we use for our dynasty salary cap league. Maybe check them out.

How's the mobile app?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

32 Team Salary & Contract w/ IDP

Is there a waitlist? Dibs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

89 posted:

What's the point of player values if you don't do contracts? Outside of the Year One Auction Draft and then the Free Agency Auction Draft (just during those actual drafts)?

Salary cap, with escalating salaries. You can keep a player indefinitely, but eventually they should become too expensive to keep.

Unless you got them really cheap from the outset which I think is sorta a weakness of our particular league, but it can be mitigated by not having a flat 10% salary increase annually... I've argued for increasing the minimum increase from $1 to more like $2 or $3, but this year we did not vote to do it.

Which means for example David Johnson who was picked up off of waivers for like a buck is basically on that owner's roster for his whole career!

But in the great majority of cases, the really good players cost a reasonable amount to start and the escalating costs will eventually force them to free agency.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Who should I keep?
Mixon for a 4th
Gronk for a 3rd
Wentz for a 15th

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

mcmagic posted:

Who should I keep?
Mixon for a 4th
Gronk for a 3rd
Wentz for a 15th
I lean Gronk. You're basically a getting a one round discount for him and Mixon and I think Gronk offers more impact. Wentz is an interesting value on paper but his numbers likely regress this year and QB is so deep. I would rather keep the best player instead of the best value.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

can you keep for multiple years?

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Does anyone have a spreadsheet with fake names or names from other sports? I have a neighborhood league and people were asking in the chat for someone to print them out sheets to use during our draft and I volunteered.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ExCruceLeo posted:

Does anyone have a spreadsheet with fake names or names from other sports? I have a neighborhood league and people were asking in the chat for someone to print them out sheets to use during our draft and I volunteered.

Not cool man.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
It probably depends on the tenor of the league. I don't know anything about fake named spreadsheets, but I'm pretty sure there was a site somewhere that could generate cheat sheets where players were randomly moved around by a few spots.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

How's the mobile app?

I'm told it's great, but I don't use it, so couldn't tell you.

mcmagic posted:

Who should I keep?
Mixon for a 4th
Gronk for a 3rd
Wentz for a 15th

I lean Mixon or Wentz. Wentz offers the best return on your value, if you think he will continue to be a top tier quarterback. He's currently going late fifth / early sixth. That's a ten round difference of value that you can use on another receiver/running back.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

RCarr posted:

Not cool man.

Anyone not willing to make their own super great photoshop cheat sheet deserves this

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ben Nevis posted:

It probably depends on the tenor of the league. I don't know anything about fake named spreadsheets, but I'm pretty sure there was a site somewhere that could generate cheat sheets where players were randomly moved around by a few spots.

you could just do a beersheet with wacky rear end settings, as well

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ExCruceLeo posted:

Remind me tonight.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My first draft of the season is tonight! It's my salary cap dynasty league that I've pestered the thread about for the last few weeks :)

Wish me luck!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RCarr posted:

My first draft of the season is tonight! It's my salary cap dynasty league that I've pestered the thread about for the last few weeks :)

Wish me luck!

Who you taking at 2?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

Who you taking at 2?

I ended up trading the pick for Mixon($21). I figured that was a better option than any of the question mark rookies available.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

My first draft of the season is tonight! It's my salary cap dynasty league that I've pestered the thread about for the last few weeks months :)

Wish me luck!

Go get em!

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Remind me tonight.

It’s at 7 central tonight so if that’s too late don’t worry about it. As a last resort I’ll just print out one of your custom ones and just change all the names to something dumb like “Suck it”.

The first pick is one of the people who requested and doesn’t watch football so fake names would just probably get written down and put up on the board:angel:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It's been years, so I don't remember the website. But in my $100 league, I always had a couple of guys asking to share my sheet with cause they wouldn't bring one to the draft.

So, I scrambled a few rankings and let them use those couple of sheets when they asked that year.

I ain't yo momma :shrug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Maybe it’s just me but that seems like a really lovely and underhanded thing to do. Just tell them “no, you’re responsible for your own rankings” rather than lie to them and purposely give yourself an advantage.

I’ve never been in a league that didn’t have a bunch of pre-printed (real) rankings waiting at the draft for whoever wanted them.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RCarr posted:

Maybe it’s just me but that seems like a really lovely and underhanded thing to do. Just tell them “no, you’re responsible for your own rankings” rather than lie to them and purposely give yourself an advantage.

I’ve never been in a league that didn’t have a bunch of pre-printed (real) rankings waiting at the draft for whoever wanted them.

I've never seen that in any league for any sport. Granted, I've also never seen anybody provide FAKE info - the closest I've seen is someone being SOL if they draft a player they didn't know was injured, and that's their own fault.

I cannot imagine someone showing up and expecting that somebody else will have done their prep work for them

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
One year I gave a guy a draft sheet where every player was replaced with tim tebow.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do people not realize that you can just google “2018 fantasy football rankings” on their phone?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ExCruceLeo posted:

https://www.cheatsheetwarroom.com/fantasy-football/nfl/free/printable/fake-cheat-sheet.aspx

You can fake it to be as believable as you want. If your people aren't prepared and blindly take a cheat sheet because they didn't prepare, that's on them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MacheteZombie posted:

One year I gave a guy a draft sheet where every player was replaced with tim tebow.

I would definitely do this

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Do people not realize that you can just google “2018 fantasy football rankings” on their phone?

I like paper copies just to scratch names off when they get picked (or I use the fantasypros draft app which is really convenient).

I think people that ask for draft sheets from others probably worry about trusting the "random" results they'd find googling and it's easier to trust the person in your league who brings rankings to use. This is me generalizing tho.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Just pulled for draft order in my 12 team PPR work league and got #3.

Are we worried about the shittiness of the Cardinals with respect to David Johnson? I presume Gurley/Bell will go 1-2 and while AB84 is tempting I feel like I need to take one of the bellcow backs. DJ is definitely the pick over Zeke, right? Just checking my gut.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Are we worried about the shittiness of the Cardinals with respect to David Johnson? I presume Gurley/Bell will go 1-2 and while AB84 is tempting I feel like I need to take one of the bellcow backs. DJ is definitely the pick over Zeke, right? Just checking my gut.

I don't think there's any good reason to have DJ definitely over Zeke. I'd lean Zeke, but more due to uncertainty over Cardinals' offense being inept with new QB, new coach, etc. But no strong argument against DJ if you like him more.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
With those top 4 RB, it's really who you like best, I think. Personally, I have Zeke at 4, but whatever. Barring injury, I think any of them will be good.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

In my friends league a few years back I surreptitiously dropped fake cheat sheets around the house like on the kitchen bar, in the bathroom, by the beer, etc. There was a website that allowed you to select the degree of randomness in the rankings. So for QB you got like Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and then Cutler.

It was subtle enough to be believable but I did it mostly for laughs. I knew they wouldn’t fall for it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So my dynasty league draft tonight is a live draft. One of owners just informed me he was called into work for tonight and wont be able to come to the draft.

What's the best way to handle this?

Just autodraft the highest ranked rookie available every time his pick is up? He won't be able to use his phone, so he can't call or text in his picks.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

So my dynasty league draft tonight is a live draft. One of owners just informed me he was called into work for tonight and wont be able to come to the draft.

What's the best way to handle this?

Just autodraft the highest ranked rookie available every time his pick is up? He won't be able to use his phone, so he can't call or text in his picks.

Tell him to set a pre-draft list (especially if using MFL)

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
The key to faking out the parents is the clammy hands. It's a good non-specific symptom.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

sourdough posted:

I don't think there's any good reason to have DJ definitely over Zeke. I'd lean Zeke, but more due to uncertainty over Cardinals' offense being inept with new QB, new coach, etc. But no strong argument against DJ if you like him more.

I feel more comfortable with Zeke's floor but feel like DJ has the higher PPR ceiling. I have serious concerns about that Arizona offense though, so maybe it's better to make the "safe" pick in Zeke.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

https://www.cheatsheetwarroom.com/fantasy-football/nfl/free/printable/fake-cheat-sheet.aspx

You can fake it to be as believable as you want. If your people aren't prepared and blindly take a cheat sheet because they didn't prepare, that's on them.

This is awesome. Thanks!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

quote:

[–]Damngiraffes 9 points an hour ago
Half PPR. Who would you take, David Johnson or Ezekiel Elliot?

permalinkembedsavereportgive goldreply

[–]FantasyShrinkJohn Paulsen of 4for4.com[S] 9 points an hour ago
I have Zeke slightly ahead in half PPR.

permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply

[–]HazardousBlues10 2 points an hour ago
To follow up on this, how about standard? Who has less risk/lowest floor/most potential?

permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply

[–]FantasyShrinkJohn Paulsen of 4for4.com[S] 7 points an hour ago
I have Zeke well ahead of DJ in standard. I think they have similar risk/floor/potential. Both offenses have a few question marks.

Straight out of the 4for4 AMA on Reddit that is currently going on.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Straight out of the 4for4 AMA on Reddit that is currently going on.

Thanks for this. Those answers make me think they'd give DJ the slight edge in full PPR.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ExCruceLeo posted:

It’s at 7 central tonight so if that’s too late don’t worry about it. As a last resort I’ll just print out one of your custom ones and just change all the names to something dumb like “Suck it”.

The first pick is one of the people who requested and doesn’t watch football so fake names would just probably get written down and put up on the board:angel:

Here you go.

Be sure to change the top so that it matches whatever your scoring system is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'd go DJ.

He will carry that team and was doing so before the injury. It's just larry and johnson all day in Arizona.