Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

MarcusSA posted:

Jesus gently caress they are all terrible people.

I think I figured out space addicts problem though

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoFapChristians/comments/950eoi/day_3_thank_you/e3puyql/?context=0

72 days, he just needs some release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
This is the same guy who was on the incest sub, right?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Loxbourne posted:

I was browsing the legal documents from the MTD decision and wow, that judge really put a giant flashing neon arrow above the 2.4 point. That's not normal. That's basically saying "I'm denying this argument but here's another one you could totally make".

Judges sometimes do that with litigants in person to ensure fairness, but with Skadden? That's unheard of!

Can you be more specific? Not all of us have access to the arguments. I dimly suspected there was a point to all that because on the surface it looked like just denying on the technicalities.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ewe2 posted:

Can you be more specific?

Star Citizen is a bad idea being poorly made by a guy who is literally the loving Hamburglar IRL

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Also, regarding the current thread title:

quote:

We can only hope the lawyers involved on both sides are fans.

Star Citizen does not have fans. It has captives. If you count yourself a "fan" of a vague concept put forth by a fraud and which does not actually exist nor is in the planning stages, then nobody can ever help you and your life is doomed from every angle.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Guy sitting behind me at the San Fran airport bar talking excitedly and very loudly about something spaceship related. Waiting to see if I hear anything I recognize. Star Citizen has ruined my brain lol.
ask him if he's into anime too, then show him love pledge

he'll be over the moon, I'm sure

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

Star Citizen is a bad idea being poorly made by a guy who is literally the loving Hamburglar IRL

Yes, but there isn't a law against that..yet.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Ask him to show you his nipples / suckle on them.

TheAgent posted:

So it turns out it was a very high energy DREAMS.txt about whatever dumb poo poo Ellen Musk is doing, but that still puts him squarely in the demographic. I’m gonna ask if he knows what Crytek is.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ewe2 posted:

Yes, but there isn't a law against that..yet.

IAMANAL you see

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

yesssss :five:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

This is the same guy who was on the incest sub, right?

Yes, he told someone they should try to gently caress their mom, and he also made a now deleted post about overcoming his addiction to anal vibrators. I put together a few posts in the thread about his creepy pms on my of my deleted reddit accounts that details most of the connections and weird or just terrible poo poo he's said I've found across his reddit accounts without actually doxing him.

I did some research and also found that he had a history as "radeon_rebel" and flamed a bunch of people over high end computer parts that so bad he actually got banned from reddit itself on that account.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Once they realize the wheels are coming off, that's when Star Citizen will "release." It won't have all the promised features, it won't have all the sold ships. Those will be "releasing soon!" and "Development is ongoing, always!"

It will launch in whatever broken, buggy, CryEngine demo mess sate it's in at that time. The only thing that will change is that it will drop the "alpha" and there will be a Marketing blitz.

Some people will buy it, not many. Tepid / lukewarm reviews will praise its visuals but poo poo all over it's technical failures and lack of promised features - the TLDR being "it could be decent - but it's garbage right now. We'll have to wait and see if things improve." Ratings somewhere between 4/10 - 6/10. The cultists will circle the wagons and cry foul, they'll astroturf the STEAM reviews to be at least "positive," but it won't matter.

After that is where the real slow burn to death begins for them.

You realize, according to CIG, they've already done this at some point. It was a very stealthy decision and they didn't really announce it, but they use it in their legal documents to people requesting refunds that this is in fact the case.

Maybe I'm wrong? :shrug:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/1030012212344172544
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/1030019915498119169
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/1030061801596182529
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/1030069673214308353
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/1030078865425752064

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TheAgent posted:

There is nothing to show in its no-alpha stage.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Patiently waiting for CIG to take action against me for *checks notes* not thinking their video game is very good.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In the spirit of fairness...

code:
Mirifucus -u beet_wagon -o shameful_behavior -i allsubreddits
Be afraid, be very afraid.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I will shortly post my favourite picture of all time and it may shock you

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Beet Wagon posted:

Patiently waiting for CIG to take action against me for *checks notes* not thinking their video game is very good.

One step ahead of you, already retained a lawyer :ohdear:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:stonk:

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

beautifully cinematic

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What breathtaking beauty, the scenery, the moment of a marriage captured.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

The ring.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Err... That Edward Lewis is one of the Community Managers at Frontier (makers of Elite Dangerous).

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Totally stealing Gorf's Goon Valour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ue0lzVnys

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
I have a new video to share.

My last Squadron 42 one was an editorial free minute. Which, for some, is helpful.

This one goes deeper and is not editorial free. I get kind of :argh: about it.

Star Criticism: The Truth About Squadron 42

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 16, 2018

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

G0RF posted:

My last Squadron 42 one was an editorial free minute. Which, for some, is helpful.

You should have included the part where Ben says he already played through all of Squadron 42

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

hot balls man no homo posted:

You should have included the part where Ben says he already played through all of Squadron 42

Ben Lesnick, Developer

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

please find it then. Everyone seems to remember it, but nobody seems to be able to find it.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
so derek sued the bad men or why are there lawyers involved?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

G0RF posted:

It's like Spinal Tap but Mo' Loudah!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Somehow Roberts is able to find -1 on the dial.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

Totally stealing Gorf's Goon Valour

Dammit man, you upstaged my FUD!

IN THE SOMETHINGAWFUL STAR CITIZEN THREAD! :argh:

I think that clip is thread folklore, at least as its been passed down. (Was a source link ever found?)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Giving money to Chris Roberts is like giving money to a homeless person.

Sure, they told yoi they would spend it wisely, and promised you they would go to rehab.

But 4 years down the line they are still bumming the streets hoping for more suckers to fund their addictions.

Rubes.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hidesuru has the right idea.

quote:

Gators1992
If I had a dollar for every "OMG, they stealing CIG's ships" posts, I would own an Idris.

Hidesuru
I wouldn't own an Idris, but I'd own something nice of equal value outside the game. :-P

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

G0RF posted:

I think that clip is thread folklore, at least as its been passed down. (Was a source link ever found?)

It was from a Batgirl video and there are too many of those to go through. I'm hoping some poster quoted the link the day it came out and has a link and a timestamp.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

YOUTUBE: Around the Verse - Grotto You Waitin For?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Was Chris always missing that tooth or did someone sock it out of his mouth and he has no money to replace it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

G0RF posted:

Dammit man, you upstaged my FUD!

IN THE SOMETHINGAWFUL STAR CITIZEN THREAD! :argh:

That bit at the end with BoredGamer(?) or is it one of the others? I can't tell them apart, they all have facial hair! But yes, sooooo close to revelation. But they so often pull themselves back from the brink, usually when CIG releases a new JPG.