Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
This is why we can't have nice things

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RFERqaRVxg151VpwfFXZAIGGg_aGOjdG/view

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Seems easy enough. Add “that did not start in reserve” to the end of the card.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

:laffo:

For those not in the know https://m.imgur.com/gallery/V0gND

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Exactly what I thought about.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

That guy has been a "Hero of Gaming" for me since I first heard about him a couple of years ago.

If I remember right he lost most of his games that day, but he screwed over the one person he wanted to.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

He should be the picture on Wikipedia for the "poo poo eating grin" article.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

This is kind of magical.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
So was FFG expecting there to be just one Boba Fett crew card in existence?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Raged posted:

If I remember right he lost most of his games that day, but he screwed over the one person he wanted to.

It’s 40K, playing it is losing.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This is hilarious. It's also easily fixable by making Boba crew optional. Add a "may" in there.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

FFG play testing is world class

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Oh wow, that is the feel-good story of the year!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

alg posted:

FFG play testing is world class

If this is the worst thing that got past them, then yeah, they are.

There are millions of possible card interactions. If any of them involve positioning, then there are infinite places a ship could be, on top of that.

Can you imagine testing every single card with every single other card with every single possible placement of every single possible object? It's impossible.

Could this particular issue have been foreseen? Sure. Is it a big deal that it was not? No. This is a minor edge case, and the fix is literally as easy as errata'ing the word "may" onto the card, and it was discovered prior to full release of the game.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

ConfusedUs posted:

There are millions of possible card interactions. If any of them involve positioning, then there are infinite places a ship could be, on top of that.

Can you imagine testing every single card with every single other card with every single possible placement of every single possible object? It's impossible.

Could this particular issue have been foreseen? Sure. Is it a big deal that it was not? No. This is a minor edge case, and the fix is literally as easy as errata'ing the word "may" onto the card, and it was discovered prior to full release of the game.

On the flip side, if I had tested this card prior to release, this is the exact thing I would have tried to do. Like, the literal first thing, just to be a dick.

edit: At the 2.0 preview event at Gen Con, they had everyone make a squad of threat 5 from the starter kit and one other ship, Y-Wing or TIE Advanced. 2 minutes after opening the stuff and looking at it, I realized a lot of combinations were literally impossible with the cards we had (pretty much every named TIE or TIE Advance pilot had Shield Upgrade on it, but we only had one Shield Upgrade, no no go on using 2 named pilots. Same thing with Proton Torpedoes on the Rebel side, stuff like that). The guy sitting across from me while we were making squads was new to the game; in fact, this was his first exposure to it. He was kind of like WTFuck.

One of the designers (no idea which one, the one with the gross mutton chop sideburns), was walking by. I stopped him and pointed out to him the fact that we we could not build a lot of lists. I wasn't an rear end, just pointing it out. He just got silent, nodded him head, and said, "...i'm not sure..."

2 minutes later there was an announcement that you were allowed to use multiples of cards that were not provided to us, so long as you told your opponent beforehand.

Me and several people noticed this oversight (that was easily fixed) within minutes of opening the boxes. FFG has had a lot of time to prepare.

This isn't to stay I hate X-Wing or 'gently caress 2.0' or anything. Just that FFG will always do what FFG does.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 16, 2018

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

ConfusedUs posted:

Because if there’s one thing FFG excels at it’s prompt and easy FAQ and erratas.

Plenty of bad interactions have been discovered before cards are released and we still get stuck waiting months for a goofy fix that usually causes as many problems as it solves!

Not that anyone should be surprised at this sort of thing by now.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
If you want oversight, you should also check out the token spread:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Rebels are stoners. They have no stress, but also no focus

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

ConfusedUs posted:

Counterpoint: all of 1.0's history since the TIE Phantom.

Edit: actually just use their previous commentary on 2.0 and make Boba 30 points so they don't have to errata anything.

alg fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 16, 2018

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Tacopocalypse posted:

If you want oversight, you should also check out the token spread:

I don't understand what this spreadsheet is actually saying

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Recoome posted:

I don't understand what this spreadsheet is actually saying

How many of each token comes in each conversion kit and the core set.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

oh right

well you know, each token is a ~hand crafted~ jewel of wonder

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

bunnyofdoom posted:

How many of each token comes in each conversion kit and the core set.

And what conclusion are you supposed to draw from it?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Well i mean for starters only the starter set comes with shields and only 4 of them so like....you cannot even run big ships using the 2.0 tokens.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

And, like, anyone who buys a conversion kit is gonna have an established 1.0 set with more tokens than they could ever possibly use.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Anyone out there effected by the lack of tokens included in any conversion sets, I will literally send you a metric gently caress tonnage of them.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Xwing has really jumped the shark if players are complaining about a lack of focus and shield tokens

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I gotta pair of one gallon bags full of unnecessary stuff.

In fact when new players show up I usually bring one and say take anything you want.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Well i mean for starters only the starter set comes with shields and only 4 of them so like....you cannot even run big ships using the 2.0 tokens.

I'm starting to wonder if we're not going to get another Core set in the first part of 2.0. Like, "here's one for if you play Rebels and Empire, here's one for if you play Resistance and First Order." And Scum just gets hosed on Core Set representation.

If only because I'm thinking they pretty much have to make an updated closey-openy Black One (it'd sell a bunch, people like Poe, it's in the current content being produced at the theater) and it's either throw him in a second Core or re-re-release a Falcon expansion and put him in it (again). So they're planning on spreading out a lot of the essential tokens and such into those Cores, if that makes sense, and you'd continue the theme of having unique paint jobs on X-Wings that come in the Core set. Although I think Poe is already revealed as being in the T-70 blister, and Luke is... I don't think Luke is actually in the T-65B blister? I could be wrong.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

Sure, everyone who's converting is swimming in shield, focus, and evade tokens. The only problem I see players facing is having to proxy calculate tokens. There aren't even enough in the Scum kit to accommodate two IG-88s.

BOGO LOAD fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 17, 2018

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Scum is a dumb faction anyway

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
And everyone who's not is getting enough out of the core set plus the expansions they buy to run their own ships. :shrug:

How on Earth do you need more than three Calculate tokens to run two IG-88s?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Scum have all the best generic ships, although their aces seem a little overcosted.

Edit: Mining Guild tie fighter especially means I might just take a hot wire to a bunch of my ties.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

IG-88s ship ability is gaining a second calculate token when you perform a calculate action.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Closey openey Black One with the booster mod from TLJ would be really swell

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

canyoneer posted:

The new Black One titles gives a one off SLAM

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

canyoneer posted:

Some Numbers posted:

The new Black One titles gives a one off SLAM

This is my point. The new Black One title essentially just is TLJ Poe, and we got an (awesome) Red Five paintjob. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a second Core, or like a different version of the Core, that had some TIE/sfs and a Black One. Because as of now, with how OP is set up, unless there's poo poo upcoming for FO re-releases, upon release they will only have one ship eligible to be used in the "standard" 200 v 200 games (the /fo). The Resistance will have T-70s and RZ-2s.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

guts and bolts posted:

This is my point. The new Black One title essentially just is TLJ Poe, and we got an (awesome) Red Five paintjob. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a second Core, or like a different version of the Core, that had some TIE/sfs and a Black One. Because as of now, with how OP is set up, unless there's poo poo upcoming for FO re-releases, upon release they will only have one ship eligible to be used in the "standard" 200 v 200 games (the /fo). The Resistance will have T-70s and RZ-2s.

Huh? First Order, when the conversion kit releases will have TIE/fo, TIE Silencer, TIE/sf, and Upsilon Shuttle.

Resistance has the bomber, YT-1300, T-70, and RZ-2.

Neither faction can be used until the conversion kit drops, and when they do they'll each have 4 ships.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

canyoneer posted:

Huh? First Order, when the conversion kit releases will have TIE/fo, TIE Silencer, TIE/sf, and Upsilon Shuttle.

Resistance has the bomber, YT-1300, T-70, and RZ-2.

Neither faction can be used until the conversion kit drops, and when they do they'll each have 4 ships.

I thought 2.0 official formats were excluding stuff that wasn't in a Core or blisters; like the Rebel faction to start off will be X-Wings, Y-Wings, and U-Wings, that's it. Unless I'm understanding it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Pretty sure anything in the app is fair game.