Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So now the 890 has a swimming pool?

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Dark Off posted:

please find it then. Everyone seems to remember it, but nobody seems to be able to find it.

Yeah I'd like to see the source for that too. At that point it's become a myth.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

When this get into space court proper, will AdzAdama be doing the court room sketchers?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

DapperDon posted:

Why? Because I should just sit in the corner and say nothing while someone tells me to shut the gently caress up and accuses me of having a problem with something that I don't? Or because I found something funny? Nah. That ain't me.

I'm glad your dignity is dead.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

ewe2 posted:

Can you be more specific? Not all of us have access to the arguments. I dimly suspected there was a point to all that because on the surface it looked like just denying on the technicalities.

In the section dismissing Crytek's arguments based on clause 2.1.2, (the definition of "exclusivity") the judge unusually adds in another paragraph saying she'll dismiss this but have they noticed this other argument Skadden could be raising based around clause 2.4 and a requirement for CIG not to use or promote a competing game engine. There's then an 11-line footnote pointing out how one might, say, draft an argument for breach of contract based entirely around clause 2.4 and have Crytek noticed that they can still amend their statements of case, hint hint. The text even notes how the definition of "exclusive" being adopted will support an argument founded on clause 2.4. It's incredibly unsubtle and upfront.

The end of the document then specifically grants leave to Crytek to amend their pleadings (which IS normal). But that giant paragraph of hints is really not normal, which is why I wonder why the judge is doing this.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Agony Aunt posted:

That bit at the end with BoredGamer(?) or is it one of the others? I can't tell them apart, they all have facial hair! But yes, sooooo close to revelation. But they so often pull themselves back from the brink, usually when CIG releases a new JPG.

No that’s Twerk. I actually like him and think he’s one of the more honest streamers out there. Bored is more a YouTuber and despite his occasional “we need to be vigilant!” talk about keeping CIG honest, he’s in hock and effectively a part of their outsourced marketing apparatus.

Twerk is nothing like that. He’s pretty blunt and fairly often. He was against the currency cap lift, he’s frustrated as hell that CIG keeps pushing ship purchasing for credits in game out, and in the clip I included, he and Alysiana (and others in chat) were commiserating over how bad CIG has gotten this year at needling and mocking community concerns.

His longer point was that CIG LA seems to think the concerns are just from toxic whiner citizens. So Lando and others thumb their noses (same with Chris’s exasperation with F2P concerns.) But it’s not just trolls and whiners — it’s guys like Twerk who are four figures in already and want to support the game but not when the Studio makes stupid choices and they constantly do. When cig mocks or dismisses those concerns, it’s obviously pretty dispiriting.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Loxbourne posted:

The end of the document then specifically grants leave to Crytek to amend their pleadings (which IS normal). But that giant paragraph of hints is really not normal, which is why I wonder why the judge is doing this.
it's a reverse inverse troll to trap skadden

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Nyast posted:

Yeah I'd like to see the source for that too. At that point it's become a myth.

I've 100% heard it. I know it exists and is not a thread fabrication. But hosed if I'm searching through Batgirl videos to find it. Someone with search access here should be able to find stuff with the phrase "played through Squadron 42".

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

peter gabriel posted:

Teamwork makes the dreamwork

:holy::holy::holy::holy::holy:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

G0RF posted:

I have a new video to share.

My last Squadron 42 one was an editorial free minute. Which, for some, is helpful.

This one goes deeper and is not editorial free. I get kind of :argh: about it.

Star Criticism: The Truth About Squadron 42

:tviv:

Best one yet! The dates and fuckwittery are in high relief and the beats are relentless. Great work!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
man I feel so bad for batgirl

like what happens when you slowly start to realize the people you've been talking to are trans and homophobic pieces of poo poo and your entire revenue stream is based on a game that's crashing faster than the Porsche Paul Walker was in

shits gotta sting

batgirl come in this thread and do a tell all, Ill high tier sub to your patreon

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

:tinfoil: :tif:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Imma gonna see if I can do a batgirl show. get that gal some views

because I'm a really popular online persona, you see

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Oh hell yes we’ve reached the “DeepFakes” stage lmao

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh hell yes we’ve reached the “DeepFakes” stage lmao

Please keep all history re-write and spoofing operations to the Command Center thread.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Puppy Master...

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Can I still be the kid in the basement making video footage that is edited to do what I want while also being virtually indistinguishable from actual unedited footage? Because that kid sounds kind of awesome.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

The Titanic posted:

Can I still be the kid in the basement making video footage that is edited to do what I want while also being virtually indistinguishable from actual unedited footage? Because that kid sounds kind of awesome.

Your unedited edits are perfect reproductions of the real thing.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

TheAgent posted:

like what happens when you slowly start to realize the people you've been talking to are trans and homophobic pieces of poo poo and your entire revenue stream is based on a game that's crashing faster than the Porsche Paul Walker was in

shits gotta sting

batgirl come in this thread and do a tell all, Ill high tier sub to your patreon

Has she said anything or simply stopped making content?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

**/ SSN/CAtv_ARCHIVE
**/ ADVERT_BLOCK_06.05.2948
**/ ADVERT_1
Debris floats in space. Drifting closer, we see that the wreckage contains the remains from dozens of destroyed ships.

NARRATOR: He thought the battle was over.
A blinding spotlight sweeps through the scene, hunting …. searching. A moment later we see the source — a FRIGATE bristling with guns.

NARRATOR: He thought he was safe.
We push in towards one of the frigate’s turrets. A GUNNER is seated there, but they are not our destination. We move past them, and wind our way through the halls of the ship.

NARRATOR: But he wasn’t counting on a hunger this big. A craving this massive.
We arrive at the mess hall to find a crewman in a Navy-esque jumpsuit, DIETRICK, sitting at a table looking awfully hungry.

NARRATOR: All hands. Prepare to launch Torpedo Burrito’s newest devastating flavor-class.
Deitrick uses both hands to raise a huge steaming, perfectly grilled BURRITO into frame.

NARRATOR: Codename: Strog-N-Off.
Cut to a close up of glistening, deep roasted protein cubes sizzling in a hot pan.

NARRATOR: Rich and meaty high-grade roasted protein is encased in a decadent, creamy mushroom laden sauce …
A thick, cream sauce is ladled on top, spurting and bubbling like an irresistible cauldron.

NARRATOR: Before being drenched over a mound of springy spaetzle …
The protein and sauce are poured over a heaping pile of thin dumplings before a soft tortilla is used to impressively wrap the large quantity of food into a neat package.

NARRATOR: And wrapped in Torpedo Burrito’s signature size-4 multi-grain tortilla.
We go back to Deitrick just in time to see him take a huge bite from the burrito. His face is pure ecstasy.

NARRATOR: Making for one tasty assignment you’re gonna want to volunteer for.
Wiping the excess cream sauce from his face with the back of his hand, Deitrick dives back in for another huge bite.

NARRATOR: Torpedo Burrito’s New Strog-N-Off. Unleash a payload of flavor.
**/ END ADVERT_1

**/ ADVERT_2
Famed sataball player ELSIE HESELTON stands on the bridge of her sprawling luxury-liner. She rests one hand on the back of an empty captain’s chair. As a woman of action, she prefers to stand. With a watchful eye, she supervises the ship as they sail through a light cloud cover towards a vibrant setting sun, a proud and contented smile on her face.

Turning to the camera, she says —

ELSIE: Hi there. I’m former pro-sataball league player Elsie Heselton. And as many of you know, when the heat was on during a match, I’d do whatever it took to get my team to the goal.
We see a few quick cuts of Elsie back in her prime: narrowly catching a pass, slamming hard into a blocker, spiraling off the perimeter to get into position, and scoring the game-winning point in the 2943 finals.

ELSIE: The same is true when it comes to keeping my family safe when we travel.
Inside Elsie’s on-board living quarters, she walks over to a large, secure weapons cabinet.

ELSIE: That’s why for personal protection, I turn to the brand trusted by security professionals across the Empire.
Elsie opens the cabinet, revealing a beautifully sleek weapon.

ELSIE: The Gemini F55 light machine gun.
Elsie picks up the gun, her strong arms flexing against the solid weight. Confidently, she checks the weapon over, its chrome highlights gleaming.

ELSIE: With a rate of fire that tops out at a thousand rounds per minute, I can overwhelm would-be attackers, ending conflicts almost as quickly as they start.
At a firing range, Elsie unleashes the F55 full might, decimating holo-targets. Then, in slow motion, we see a replay to get the full impact of just how fast this gun is.

ELISE: And just like my defenders cleared the way for me in the stadium, the F55 allows me to clear the way for my loved ones with suppressive fire, ensuring that they can safely retreat in an unexpected emergency.
Looking at the weapon close up, we get a sense of just how well built it is.

ELISE: And thanks to Gemini precision forging, the F55 guarantees power and speed with every squeeze of the trigger.
Back out on the bridge, Elise holds a sataball.

ELISE: Trust me, I know power and speed.
Elise winks to the camera.

The Gemini logo appears on screen with the tagline: The only line of defense you need.

**/ END ADVERT_2

**/ ADVERT_3
Trader ALLIE FOHUD stands in a crowded Banu market doing his best to hold on to a long, slithering calmenay with both hands.

VOICE OVER: Thursdays on SSN/CAtv are about to get —
ALLIE: Absolutely crazy!
VOICE OVER: Join famed traveler and trading expert, Allie Fohud as he explores the legendary markets of Gliese —
We follow closely behind Allie as he winds his way through the narrow stalls: he warmly greets a wealthy ESSOSOULI, he pushes his way through a stall where dozens of weapons hang from the ceiling, and examines a small orb made of rings that separate and spin away.

ALLIE: If I wasn’t seeing it myself, I wouldn’t believe it.
VOICE OVER: … and helps everyday Citizens turn their tired and old possessions into the exotic and new.
Allie leads a group of excitedly gawking TOURISTS through the marketplace.

ALLIE: The first rule of trading here? There are no rules.
We see snippets of the group shopping in market: a MIDDLE-AGED MAN tries on strange hats, a YOUNG WOMAN draws a long edged kalta from its sheath, and an excited older COUPLE hugging and jumping up and down.

ALLIE: Talk about the deal of the century!
The camera pulls back and we fly over the market revealing just how mind-blowingly huge and sprawling it is.

VOICE OVER: You never know what you’ll uncover next when you’re with the “Back Allie Trader.”
The LOGO for BACK ALLIE TRADER splashes onto the screen — Thursdays 15:00 SET.

VOICE OVER: Exclusively on SSN/CAtv.
**/ END ADVERT_3

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

TheAgent posted:

shits gotta sting

I miss the prime Batgirl era. It produced one of very best archives of CIG staff interviews out there. There’s a lot of gold in there and it happened because she got the access and had a real deft touch with tricky questions. There is no other person in the Star Citizen “journalist” community who would just casually ask Sandi “how’s your acting career coming along?”

Erris and Bored and Noob and all the rest would not even go NEAR that subject, but Batgirl could throw those weird little curveballs gently and it made for the gold b-roll of future documentaries. CIG has been in a slow (overdue) retreat behind more and more curtains over the last year. But some of the best behind the curtain stuff we got we got from Batgirl.

Oh I like this angle!!!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Speaking of poo poo coming out of the basement, still waiting on the "Road to CitizenCon".

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
welp can't find a way to privately contact her. oh well

virtual captain, lets do another thing soon man. goddamn.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MilesK posted:

...Strog-N-Off...

Oh cool, a callback to Sandi's pro-gaming roots in Quake.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I've 100% heard it. I know it exists and is not a thread fabrication. But hosed if I'm searching through Batgirl videos to find it. Someone with search access here should be able to find stuff with the phrase "played through Squadron 42".

EightAce posted:

Let's not forget that Ben lesnick ( developer ). Played all the sq42 missions long before they switched to lumberyard. He said as much

SomethingJones posted:

He did, and I'm pretty sure I transcribed it. I definitely transcribed him telling Batgirl that he played Star Marine.

MedicineHut posted:

I may be wrong my but my recollection is that it was rather Batgirl eagerness who came up with the comment on her own along the lines of “... but surely Ben by now you must have seen and played all the missions...”. To which Ben was forced to awkwardly smile and utter an imperceptible nod and confirmation. Or something like that.

SomethingJones posted:

That sounds right, and he did utter something about it being a team game. I'll dig it out tomorrow

That is as close as I managed to get. Bring SomethingJones in for interrogation.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Loxbourne posted:

The judge is probably heavily invested into the game by now. So she's reverse-inverse baiting crytek into a trap to increase the return on her investement.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

TheAgent posted:

it's a reverse inverse troll to trap skadden

Is true, she is already $72,000 in and looking to bring in a group of like minded judges and attorneys. Cry "More" Rekt

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

The Titanic posted:

That kid would pretty much be hired by every sound house and deep state intelligence organization out there.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That's always the big divide in Star Citizen: They imagine it as some grandiose project loved by millions, torn at by wolves of opportunity and fighting against waves of oppression by publishers, goons and now probably lawyers. That there are elite forces suppressing it, fighting it, at every turn from unleashing its technological marvels.

The reality is a lovely little Crysis mod and a weirdo cult then some other pretend "real development" cargo culting entwining them together like ivy growing over an abandoned house.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
https://i.imgur.com/2Z6Z0X9.gifv

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/1030220318344966146
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/1030221055317692417

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahahahahaha

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

Still laugh at the suckers that got tricked into paying for these poo poo videos.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Someone post more crazy ~DREAMS~ theory crafting. I sustain myself off it.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Seriously.
The guy's a developer, works for a company that has developers, was a developer, is a born again developer. gently caress, is something, that makes him know stuff and he has to ask that question. What a charlatan.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

If I don't rub I'll feel grief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010