Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Comrade Quack posted:

The Monarch’s story of his parents plans crash/ origin story he makes it sound like no one ever came to check on the plane wreckage or rescue him. If Vendata is the Monarch’s father, Jonas should have started the work to turn him in to Vendata soon after the crash. What if Rusty is responsible for the Monarch not getting rescued?

The Monarch had all kinds of outlandish ideas of what happened. He was probably lost for a few days, played with some butterflies, and then a park ranger found him and he was taken back to New Jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

PostNouveau posted:

Also yells at Doc, "You were never there for me"

I heard "Oh, you are never loving there for me."

Mr. Nice! posted:

She didn’t know because Wide Wale never talked about him.

Yeah, the repeated undermining of Wide Wale's schtick was one of my favorite parts of the episode, between not being Italian and also just being a crappy brother/son.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Comrade Quack posted:

The Monarch’s story of his parents plans crash/ origin story he makes it sound like no one ever came to check on the plane wreckage or rescue him. If Vendata is the Monarch’s father, Jonas should have started the work to turn him in to Vendata soon after the crash. What if Rusty is responsible for the Monarch not getting rescued?
FWIW the art book says that the Monarch probably misremembered a lot of the details and might have only spent a day or two with the butterflies

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Cojawfee posted:

The Monarch had all kinds of outlandish ideas of what happened. He was probably lost for a few days, played with some butterflies, and then a park ranger found him and he was taken back to New Jersey.

Probably got mind wiped and it confused the poo poo out of him

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Improbable Lobster posted:

FWIW the art book says that the Monarch probably misremembered a lot of the details and might have only spent a day or two with the butterflies
One of my favorite running gags that hasn't come up in a while is that, despite his apparent obsession and motif, Monarch doesn't seem to know poo poo about butterflies.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

deong posted:

How long ago did Dr Duong get blasted?
Cuz Serina didn't know she had an uncle because he was already dead right? And she's what, 18?

They had already parted ways after the accident/mutation crap because that’s why she has gills. I assume he never brought him up since they were on opposite sides.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I may have missed it, but have they gone into Purple Pete Rose's backstory yet?
Something to do with Telegram Sam, pie and lightning, I bet.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Are You There God, It's Dean really does a great job playing with how much of the protagonist/antagonist relationship is just kayfabe, especially when Brock and the Monarch have an unsanctioned showdown.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I'll add to the Theory pile -
Season ends with Monarch killing this new blue morpho not realizing it's his dad, this makes him a level 10 arch and therefore he can now arch venture again and thus the status quo is returned

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

One of Brock's parents was half winnebago. (Or, for completeness sake, I suppose they could both be quarter winnebago.)

Also, he's descended from Ashley Williams.

I think the writers know at this point when an anticlimax is appropriate and when it's not, the ORB was played up in-universe and turned out to be pointless because what it was was never the point, but a good reason to explore the history of the Venture family and the OSI, and comparing successive generations of Ventures and their bodyguards. (and not to mention the origins of the Guild)

A bit of a theme I think is that supervillains and super-scientists are huge drama queens and selfish jerks who don't care about the consequences of their actions or what they leave behind, leading to a cycle of hurt and all kinds of weird poo poo down the line from all the shenanigans they forgot about. Which also frequently comes back to bite them exactly because they don't think about the consequences.

I still like the idea that Jonas is trapped in a hell he's made for himself.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Adult Swim just posted on Facebook that PFT is returning this sunday to voice Blue Morpho. Whether that's as the Blue Morpho we see at the end of episode 2, or in a flashback, who knows.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Who is that? I dunno who PFT

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Paul F Tompkins, presumably.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Shindragon posted:

Who is that? I dunno who PFT

Paul F Tompkins

https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/970813836994297856

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ah thanks. I guess it will be a flashback then. I also tend to forget Doc and Jackson voice nearly everyone that I was wondering whose Vendata”s voice and of course it’s one of them haha

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/sneak-peek-evacuation/

This is a short clip from the upcoming episode. It features the return of an all time great VB one liner so, you know, maybe don't spoil it for yourself. Also spoilers for the other two episodes that already aired, duh.

SUPER RUN AWAY!!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

HA! At the end..
Monarch : Who cares, I'm out of the Dog House!
GCI Copter : Attention Blue Morpho
Monarch : Ah poo poo, they found me!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yes. YES. YES!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Just a few more daaaaaays.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:woop: just got my book. goddamn is it heavy. what's the official weight, like 9 pounds?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Man...why does Adult Swim only leave the episodes up for one week after airing?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Billzasilver posted:

:woop: just got my book. goddamn is it heavy. what's the official weight, like 9 pounds?

Actually, 5.3lb
:goonsay:

Big ol' book tho.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

TV Zombie posted:

Man...why does Adult Swim only leave the episodes up for one week after airing?

Both are still in the adult swim app.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Ok, all caught up on the re-watch. Ds I got further in the seasons I spent less time giffing each moment and more time just being entertained so there aren't as many scenes I captured for myself.

Here's a few I liked, and I'm still open to requests. Now you got the whole series to pick from.

Here's its mirror from ORB
https://i.imgur.com/NkeeYUR.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/CZRMwKn.mp4
I really like Treister

Try and remember the context to this, I dare you.

Obligatory:

https://i.imgur.com/9viLQci.mp4
And here we have the original intro, brought to you by: SMOKING

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

can i get a gif of dean dancing to the keyboard in the yard sale episode?

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

He's making a Pac Man noise, right?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

feetnotes posted:

He's making a Pac Man noise, right?

Yep. Because of the tracker chips in their uniforms

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Try and remember the context to this, I dare you.

NYOP NYOP NYOP NYOP NYOP NYOP

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

low quality jpeg posted:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

low quality jpeg posted:

Someone beat me to it, but that reminded me I wanted to do THIS:
https://i.imgur.com/b4kCTti.gifv

These are good too:

https://i.imgur.com/DjSNJmG.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/9P5JsfV.mp4

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I'd be happy with a GIF of the Monarch laughing and dispensing awkward brutal justice to his minions please.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Someone beat me to it, but that reminded me I wanted to do THIS:
https://i.imgur.com/b4kCTti.gifv

These are good too:

https://i.imgur.com/DjSNJmG.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/9P5JsfV.mp4

I wonder if the Shallow Gravy special was supposed to be a "pilot" of sorts for the new production studio (as World Leaders went under and Titmouse took over).

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
Awww, no gif of Dermott showing off his totally sweet nunchuck skills?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

reignofevil posted:

NYOP NYOP NYOP NYOP NYOP NYOP

Reminds me of Billy as the ventriloquist’s dummy when they went to Don Hell’s

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Billy is the true hero of the show. He puts up with so much of Doc's poo poo its insane.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

TK-42-1 posted:

Billy is the true hero of the show. He puts up with so much of Doc's poo poo its insane.

THIS IS HOW WE LOST GEORGE MICHAEL

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Cacafuego posted:

Reminds me of Billy as the ventriloquist’s dummy when they went to Don Hell’s

I really loved the bouncer being smart enough to play along so they could capture him. His face was priceless.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

This thing is like a college textbook

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've seen a lot of people rewatching the series with new episodes, and I'm seeing "wow, this poo poo is hella racist and they use the R word way too much". Yea, early 2000s the R word was totally cool to use and it was used in comedy A LOT, but racist? I guess there's some stuff, but most of it are broad sterotypes you always see in Cartoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They might be referring to the pilot, which has kind of bigoted stereotypes about Japanese people.