Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Cubs no longer have 69 wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Yes but Lester pitching well was very nice

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://i.imgur.com/9yeJj6U.mp4

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

So uhhhh Chatwood is back in the rotation guys.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
hisssssssss

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Niwrad posted:

So uhhhh Chatwood is back in the rotation guys.

:negative:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Why? For Montgomery to limit his innings?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Montgomery went on the DL with a shoulder injury.

SO MANY SHOULDER INJURIES.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Not sure if I buy yet another case of shoulder inflammation, probably just the Cubs wanting to limit his inning since they're apparently worried that at any moment his arm is going to fall off for some reason. Either way, I cannot loving believe I have to watch another Chatwood start :sigh:

Aren't there any other washed up veteran pitchers we can grab of waivers for nothing and have instantly turn into aces? What's Bartolo doing these days?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Let Baez start

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

Not sure if I buy yet another case of shoulder inflammation, probably just the Cubs wanting to limit his inning since they're apparently worried that at any moment his arm is going to fall off for some reason. Either way, I cannot loving believe I have to watch another Chatwood start :sigh:

Aren't there any other washed up veteran pitchers we can grab of waivers for nothing and have instantly turn into aces? What's Bartolo doing these days?

Where's Lackey at these days?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Where's Lackey at these days?

john lackey is almost certainly screaming at a go-kart track manager for ramming into ten-year olds and then telling them that "rubbin is racin"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

king cole hamels

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
We picked up a washed up 34 year old for literally nothing and turned him into a goddamn ace.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

7 double plays in a 9-inning game, no big deal.

Another 1-0 win via an early solo home run.

What the gently caress :psyduck:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

7 double plays in a 9-inning game, no big deal.

Another 1-0 win via an early solo home run.

What the gently caress :psyduck:

Turns out winning consecutive 1-0 games hasn’t been done since the 70s. Not sure the record is for the scored games or the fact both are from solo home runs.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I'm really glad we won these last two because Chatwood is starting tomorrow and :barf:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

I'm really glad we won these last two because Chatwood is starting tomorrow and :barf:

We're gonna win 1-0 via Rizzo solo homer, despite Chatwood having 15 walks through 5 innings.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lol that we were the team that turned the double plays and not the team that hit into them

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
so is this like that Brewers series where we don't act like the team is doomed for only scoring 2 runs in 2 games because the other team didn't score any or should we just panic anyway

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's a chatwood start today, so he'll give up like 6 runs in 4 innings and somehow the cubs will score 8 in the 7th, 8th, and 9th

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CubsWoo posted:

so is this like that Brewers series where we don't act like the team is doomed for only scoring 2 runs in 2 games because the other team didn't score any or should we just panic anyway

What does your heart tell you?

PANIC

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

it's a chatwood start today, so he'll give up like 6 runs in 4 innings and somehow the cubs will score 8 in the 7th, 8th, and 9th

Best hope for a W today.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Let’s cheer up with a Javy highlight reel

https://twitter.com/mlb/status/1030869435328815105?s=21

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Chatwood lasted 2+ innings with 3 walks and 3 earned runs

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Chatwood lasted 2+ innings with 3 walks and 3 earned runs

Gotta re-earn his spot in the rotation!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bullpen game imo

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Bullpen game imo

Well it started with a guy out of the pen sooooo........

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is Darvish still alive?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Popete posted:

Is Darvish still alive?

He went off for a rehab start I think

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Crosspost from GDT

Here's the thing about Chatwood, IMO:

He's clearly healthy. Whatever the issue is, it's probably both mechanics and at this point some mental block where he's not trusting himself AND he's seeing these pitches go where he doesn't want them to.

I know that he's out of options, but he really needs to accept an assignment to AAA so he can at least get two starts in down there in zero pressure situations and try to do SOMETHING different to work this out, because at this point this might be the last MLB appearance he gets in 2018 unless he finds a way to correct this.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Chatwood should only see long relief in a game the Cubs are already getting blown out. Maybe he works it out over the off-season, but that’s their only hope for not blowing all that money.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Chatwood should be DFA'd. Cut, removed from the roster, never allowed to pitch another game in a Cubs uniform. EJax this piece of poo poo. He sucks, and he is actively dragging a team that is trying to compete down into the mud. Eat the loving contract because nobody will take him. No I don't care that it will cost the Cubs ~$23m in dead money. gently caress Chatwood, gently caress his loving walks, and gently caress Theo and the entire FO for continuing to try and make this dumpster fire work at the expense of the team's chances at winning this year. This is a disaster and I'm loving tired of putting up with it when we don't have to.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Cubs problem is they have one of the worst offenses in baseball in the 2nd half. Not sure Kris Bryant is enough to fix that.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I thought 1 run was enough to win a game. Wtf?

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Looks like Addy isn’t starting today. Javy on SS and LaStella on 2b.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I'm on the DFA Chatwood train. Just cut your losses and don't trot him out there every 5th day with only 40 games left and a division lead that isn't a runaway. If we were 14 games up, fine. But all it would take is a Cubs cold streak coinciding with a Brewers hot streak and that lead is gone.

Unless you want to keep him in the pen specifically for mopup duty if we're getting our asses kicked, but I don't trust Joe to use him in that fashion.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

But who would replace Chatwood? Darvish and Montgomery are on the DL, so unless you wanna start one of the guys on short rest, have a set bullpen day, or bring a bullpen guy for an experiment, there’s kinda... no one.

The joke answer here is to find whatever pasture Lackey wandered into and bring him back

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Or you bring up Underwood, Clifton, Tseng, or Mills from AAA. None of them are particularly impressing down there at the moment but it's a warm body that'll give you 4 innings without walking the planet in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Good point. I do wish Chatwood would take a stint in AAA ball and really work out his issues because it feels like there is something eating at him. Like even have him make some “rehab starts” down there in a non-stress situation to get his pitching back in order (or in order in the first place), because he may seem healthy, but something just isn’t right.

• Locked thread