Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The end of this week's episode was like that too and it ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's what I was referring to, actually!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Listen, you can't expect me to read these posts all the way to the end

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Aw man, I hope the graphic novel gets a full run. That was really good.

Have they said anything about sales so far?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think it hit #1 on the NYT Graphic Novels list but that’s all I know of

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
It actually released at #1 on the regular NYT paperback trade fiction list, which is absolutely bonkers if you think about it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It released at #1 in the TPD list, but actually also entered the actual NYT best sellers list in the, like, top 10. And might've been the first graphic novel to do so, IIRC.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Well sounds like Rockport Limited is definitely happening at least

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1029766036449574913?s=21

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

IIRC it hit #1 on the trade fiction paperback list, which is a big thing, and it also peaked at #3 on the straight-up fiction list, which is a bigger thing. They're just straight up New York Times Bestsellers.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It says Rockport Limited is coming soon at the end of the first book so I’d guess they decided to go with it a while ago

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Escobarbarian posted:

It says Rockport Limited is coming soon at the end of the first book so I’d guess they decided to go with it a while ago

The movie R.O.T.O.R. ends with a teaser for R.O.T.O.R. 2 - dreams don't always come true :(

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

DoombatINC posted:

The movie R.O.T.O.R. ends with a teaser for R.O.T.O.R. 2 - dreams don't always come true :(

Pretty sure that TAZ as a large-enough and dedicated-enough fanbase that they could pull a Cards Against Humanity and just sell people boxes of literal cow poo poo if they really wanted to.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Acute Grill posted:

Pretty sure that TAZ as a large-enough and dedicated-enough fanbase that they could pull a Cards Against Humanity and just sell people boxes of literal cow poo poo if they really wanted to.

It’s binicorn poo poo!

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Binging through MBMBaM backwards is an interesting experience. Bits fading out of existence. Drew Davenport’s status slowly downgrading. Really getting a feel for how often they talk about Home Alone and gaslighting.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Same. I am currently listening to them try to figure out how to make "Are you Ira Ray?" a reliable bit.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Who wants to know?

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
Just wait until you get to the one where they get a question about D&D and contemplate just making that the new format for their podcast.

Or the one where Justin and Travis each have one other podcast that they plug, and Griffin goes off at them for cheating on MBMBAM.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Forget that, wait until before Griffin meets Rachel and he gets ironically, but also maybe unironically sad.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Reading the TAZ comic, have to say that chapter 4 is my favourite one so far

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/1030166805510275073

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Really digging the Chunk Pump card.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Just binged through the McElroys will be in Trolls 2 and it is probably my favorite examples of how endearing the brothers can be. I’m sure each is pleasant to talk to on an individual basis but something really comes out between them all when you talk to them as a group.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Slightly off topic but tangentially McElroy related: I was skeptical as hell about the boys going on about Terrace House bc I hate reality tv but me and the wife started watching the new season and boy howdy I am invested as gently caress. It's such a ray of good feels and I love it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

ArchRanger posted:

Thanks whoever it was that recommended Not Another DnD Podcast a while back. I'm most of the way through the Galaderon arc and holy gently caress this is great. At this rate the DnD podcasts I'm subbed to are going to outnumber the non-DnD podcasts soon.

I'm listening to the first episode, does this get a little less sexual?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
For the most part, yes. There is always a bit of sexuality in NADPod but the characters do build quite a bit and they focus a lot more on being funny.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Rick posted:

The most recent episodes have two characters both flirting with the same NPC but yeah. They still make sexual jokes but they don't tend to just go on and on the way they did in that first arc.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Okay, I think I can deal with that, they're pretty likeable, I'm just a bit of a prude, I'll keep going.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Rick posted:

Okay, I think I can deal with that, they're pretty likeable, I'm just a bit of a prude, I'll keep going.

Yeah the first episode has a whole big running joke about a dragon pussy or something right? :lol: I remember it being funny but also a bit jarring coming straight from TAZ where I don't think any of the McElroys have uttered that word in years.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rick posted:

For sure. Moonshine loves to talk about how fertile she is but it's all very tame.

ONE

BIG

BED!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Magic Tavern's early episodes have extended beastiality talk so this was pretty tame by comparison.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Loving the TAZ book, although now I miss the early podcast stuff

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Warbird posted:

Magic Tavern's early episodes have extended beastiality talk so this was pretty tame by comparison.

lol yeah NADD has a steady baseline level of goofy, good-natured horniness but rarely gets actually blue

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Rick posted:

i wouldn't listen to dragon friends then

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Was Dragon Friends the one where they had to issue a warning and apologfy about an episode

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
not that i recall but there's a point where it begins to get cum heavy

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Better to have too much than not enough.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Freezo can't help it if all his blood is cum.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Not Operator posted:

Aw man, I hope the graphic novel gets a full run. That was really good.

Have they said anything about sales so far?

Sales have been excellent, all signs point to the next chapter of the McElroy brothers graphic novel being released as soon as their daddy finishes writing it and someone else finishes drawing it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Taste My Steel" remains one of the funniest and most relatable tales of Big Brotherhood I've heard

Start playing it with your friends, family and coworkers...today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

as their daddy finishes writing it and someone else finishes drawing it.

New York Times Best-Selling Authors(paperback)