Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
"ACTUALLY! radiation has been shown to be therapeutic!" *links to wikipedia article on chemotherapy*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
to be fair the LNT does appear to diverge from data in ranges where background radiation isn't just a rounding error. it's gonna be good fun seeing people argue about this poo poo online in the future

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
thank you for kicking things off :patriot:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

President Beep posted:

"ACTUALLY! radiation has been shown to be therapeutic!" *links to wikipedia article on chemotherapy*

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Truga posted:

to be fair the LNT does appear to diverge from data in ranges where background radiation isn't just a rounding error.

trap sprung

Truga posted:

it's gonna be good fun seeing people argue about this poo poo online in the future

in the future? it happens all the time, on these very forums, which is why i specifically used it :v:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtqRz_eecyw

UV light is wonderful, look at these sickly children, cured by the miracle of UV light! bathe in it constantly, your own personal healthful rays of sunshine!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

FMguru posted:

who had "a visit from the ambien walrus" in the elon musk explanation sweepstakes? if it was you, please step forward and claim your winnings

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1030322480001548288

this makes the hyperloop and the boring company make so much more sense

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

gonno jam my feet in a fluoroscope asap.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

do not forget about the actual crown jewels of the musk empire, upcoming comedic news website "thud" and actual news website "pravduh"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i really like the actual lamp they're advertising there tbh, it's a mercury lamp that's formed as a sealed tube, and then power is delivered to it using RF energy so it lasts way longer than a normal bulb. it'd probably never fly today because i'm sure it's blasting out hilarious amounts of interference (not to mention the, you know, radiation) but it's a neat concept

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
reminder that back when i had an ambien prescription for working 2nd shift to make it so i could go home and immediately go to sleep after getting off work at 1 am and not sleep through the whole day the next day, i took it BEFORE the shower instead of after my shower when i was already in bed one time and i woke up banned for posting in the coupons forum asking for help making "strawberry casserole" and i woke up to find my ice cream maker broken, and a strawberry smoothie poured into a casserole dish sitting on the top rack of my oven, which i was apparently too out of it to turn on and burn down my house.

if you are gonna take an ambien, do it when you are already in bed and don't have access to the internet and turn your goddamn lights off IMMEDIATELY.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

loving lmao

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

• Tunnels are weatherproof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtb-OK4bEs4

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

• There is no practical limit to how many layers of tunnels can be built, so any level of traffic can be addressed.
• Tunnels are weatherproof.
• Tunnel construction and operation are silent and invisible to anyone on the surface.
• Tunnels don’t divide communities with lanes and barriers.

a very long time ago on a rave messageboard a methhead raver argued these same exact points with me (in regards to getting semi trucks off highways)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
halcyon > ambien

proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SwwljI-8JY

:allears: kristy hawkshaw

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ate all the Oreos posted:

trap sprung

in the future? it happens all the time, on these very forums, which is why i specifically used it :v:

lol i didn't know. all i know is cancer rates at background radiation levels don't really conform to the LNT, which i find surprising but not impossible? i didn't know this was controversial :v:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I was explaining to my tiny hu-mon how some street lamps had the lamp thingy able to come down rather than needing a cherry picker to go up and change bulbs and it occurred to me: why not just put the bulbs in the bottom and reflect the light up with mirrors?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

that's the blade runner building address

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

reminder that back when i had an ambien prescription for working 2nd shift to make it so i could go home and immediately go to sleep after getting off work at 1 am and not sleep through the whole day the next day, i took it BEFORE the shower instead of after my shower when i was already in bed one time and i woke up banned for posting in the coupons forum asking for help making "strawberry casserole" and i woke up to find my ice cream maker broken, and a strawberry smoothie poured into a casserole dish sitting on the top rack of my oven, which i was apparently too out of it to turn on and burn down my house.

nice

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:mad:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

I was explaining to my tiny hu-mon how some street lamps had the lamp thingy able to come down rather than needing a cherry picker to go up and change bulbs and it occurred to me: why not just put the bulbs in the bottom and reflect the light up with mirrors?

can you please provide us with a concept illustration?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Schadenboner posted:

dear city,

i was walking my dog last night when it got too close to the light and burst into flames

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

hifi posted:

do not forget about the actual crown jewels of the musk empire, upcoming comedic news website "thud" and actual news website "pravduh"

you forgot le epic candy company

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

can you please provide us with a concept illustration?

Imagine a reverse-periscope on the edge of a cliff...

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

if you are gonna take an ambien, do it when you are already in bed and don't have access to the internet and turn your goddamn lights off IMMEDIATELY.

lmao

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I’m sorry but I can’t accept this for my rfp. you didn’t follow the submission criteria.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i mean, it's great for going to sleep, but you need to make sure you just don't have a chance to do anything else. i am lucky that the worst thing i wanna do deep down is bake some strawberries and not call a hero rescue diver a pedo or become super racist like roseanne.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

my wife would sometimes take it but not go right to bed. she’d end up coming into the bedroom at like 1:00, wearing her wedding veil and telling me all about how there were these ghost strangers in the house.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

that sounds expensive

how can we arrange a private-public partnership to develop and deploy this disruptive technology?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

i mean, it's great for going to sleep, but you need to make sure you just don't have a chance to do anything else. i am lucky that the worst thing i wanna do deep down is bake some strawberries and not call a hero rescue diver a pedo or become super racist like roseanne.

hell, people have taken ambien and woken up in jail because they were sleep-driving and crashed or ran people over

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

The_Franz posted:

hell, people have taken ambien and woken up in jail because they were sleep-driving and crashed or ran people over

:stare:

Jesus, I thought my benadryl habit was bad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i was briefly on ambien. i lived in a 15th story condo in waikiki. i woke up one morning and i found one of my bar stools out on the patio right up against the railing meaning my ambien zombie rear end was on my balcony for who knows how long sitting on the edge of a 150ish foot drop. that was my last ever ambien.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Once upon a time I would take ambien and stay up because it was fun and occasionally I'd get amazon presents to myself of weird things like 150 coat hangers. Don't do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjIPzyVlK60

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

muckswirler posted:

Once upon a time I would take ambien and stay up because it was fun and occasionally I'd get amazon presents to myself of weird things like 150 coat hangers. Don't do that.

the average american spent $450 drunk online shopping last year so you are in good company

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article204070539.html

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

that average probably dips a bit when you exclude charlie sheen and notch

drunk-me enjoys gambling

sober me does not like drunk me doing that, so i do not do that

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Mr. Nice! posted:

i was briefly on ambien. i lived in a 15th story condo in waikiki. i woke up one morning and i found one of my bar stools out on the patio right up against the railing meaning my ambien zombie rear end was on my balcony for who knows how long sitting on the edge of a 150ish foot drop. that was my last ever ambien.

I mean, it would have been your last ambien either way really?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Schadenboner posted:

:lol:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

lmao

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
That post gave me serious rear end in a top hat-pucker. I'm glad you did not fall 150 feet to your death in a drugged, disassociative/hypnotic daze forums-poster "Mr. Nice!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
same. i was in a pretty messed up place at the time. i was in the middle of getting medboarded out of the navy for something that turned out 6 years later to just be a labrum tear in my hip. i was no longer on a ship because going up and down the ladders was excruciating after the first trip or two. the command i was at treated me as if i was faking my injury and in general pretty lovely. i’m surprised i made it out with my sanity.