Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

kuddles posted:

It reminds me of all those "I used to be a hardcore liberal but now I'm conservative" or "I used to be atheist but now I'm Christian" things where the conversion stories are always the most unconvincing made-up horseshit.

That reminds me, I was just recently listening to the fplus episode about fetish self-hypnosis where a gay guy was super convinced he hypnotized himself straight and to prove it he said how much he loves "curvy pussies"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

kuddles posted:

It reminds me of all those "I used to be a hardcore liberal but now I'm conservative" or "I used to be atheist but now I'm Christian" things where the conversion stories are always the most unconvincing made-up horseshit.

I'll still never not laugh when Newt Gingrich said he converted to Catholicism because he heard Benedict XVI speak and was moved, and not because he was trying to marry his third wife who was Catholic.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

haha my bad I'll try to make sure poo poo is real first. Anyway here's some bread.

Real mens bread.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I see your dude and raise you a bacon

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/08/the-charming-infinite-dystopia-of-contemporary-e-commerce/567452/

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Behold, the one legged chair.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Psh that's weak as far as algorithmically-generated products go, try this one:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Or this:

Or this:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Where can I buy this.

Asking for a friend myself

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I guess that last one also might be intentional and for bachelorette parties where you really hate the bachelorette or something.

Anyway here's a bible that's actually a gun

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Renegret posted:

Where can I buy this.

Asking for a friend myself

Unfortunately it's "Currently Unavailable":

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079GSWJB4/ref=?tag=drsynth-20

e: But here's a related one that's more ornate

https://www.amazon.com/Bachelorette-Banner-Forever-Bridal-Decorations/dp/B074M588PH/

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ate all the Oreos posted:

I guess that last one also might be intentional and for bachelorette parties where you really hate the bachelorette or something.

Anyway here's a bible that's actually a gun

It had better come with silver bullets.

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.

Hmm... next anniversary gift for my wife found! Now, how to get her to wear it in public?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Wait I've had the same penis forever is there something wrong with me

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
Yes it's supposed to fall off and regrow once every couple years. At least that's been my experience.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Faded Mars posted:

Yes it's supposed to fall off and regrow once every couple years. At least that's been my experience.

Ever seen a discarded snake skin left over after the snake molts? Basically that.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

their acronym is LAUGHS

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Platystemon posted:

It had better come with silver bullets.

But if it's not a real bible, then it can't hurt vampires.

Someone obviously didn't think it through.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mojo1701a posted:

Include the full text on a flash drive.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Moridin920 posted:

There was deffo an article about Australian Coast Guard ptsd as a result of finding tons of corpses in the water

What happens is a naval vessel gets a distress call from a refugee boat while patrolling in international waters. They radio back to HQ and get ordered to turn around and return to Australian waters.

Then, after the distress calls finally stop, they are allowed to return to the area. Any bodies they find died at sea in international waters and are therefore not Australia's responsibility.

There have been reports from the seamen of lines of bodies stretching for miles.

A bunch of us in the AusPol thread spent the longest loving time trying to find what is happening to the bodies being pulled out of the sea, but it's a black hole.

There is no official way to find out as the government refuses to comment on "on water" matters, both major parties are guilty as hell over this, and naval personnel are ordered not to say anything.

This is of course separate to the new law the government put in place making it punishable for up to two years in jail if you report on the abuses going on in the detention camps.

So, yeah, in contravention of centuries of naval tradition, RAN vessels ignore distress calls and wait for the people on board to drown because the current party in power's promise of "no refugee boats will make it to Australia" is more important that the lives of an unknown (and potentially forever unknowable) number of people looking to escape persecution and find a better life.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
My sister is getting married next month and her bridesmaids hung up the SAME PENIS FOREVER banner at her bachelorette, a good squad.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So, yeah, in contravention of centuries of naval tradition, RAN vessels ignore distress calls and wait for the people on board to drown because the current party in power's promise of "no refugee boats will make it to Australia" is more important that the lives of an unknown (and potentially forever unknowable) number of people looking to escape persecution and find a better life.

Not just naval tradition, I'm pretty sure they're violating the law of the sea, but lol at anyone holding them accountable unless it happens to someone rich or white

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Tetracube posted:

their acronym is LAUGHS

Even if they're taking the piss they're still highlighting anti-unionization hypocrisy in a so-called liberal institution. Of course this is not actually hypocrisy but it is insofar as what people represent or understand American liberalism as standing for (in reality this has never been the case).

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Even if they're taking the piss they're still highlighting anti-unionization hypocrisy in a so-called liberal institution. Of course this is not actually hypocrisy but it is insofar as what people represent or understand American liberalism as standing for (in reality this has never been the case).

It's very confusing to see a British-ism like "taking the piss" followed right after with the American use of the word "liberal"

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Too bad welcome to the global melting pot bitch.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mojo1701a posted:

It's laser-etched in Braille on the grip. The gun is the Bible. :911:

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

grew up here, the people really are this stupid

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

I know there's an animated version of this floating around the internet that sentences each example to the guillotine.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Mizuti posted:

I know there's an animated version of this floating around the internet that sentences each example to the guillotine.

https://i.gifer.com/WhdY.mp4

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Its in this very thread. Twice!!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It deserves to be in this thread a third time

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Mizuti posted:

What idiot has investment income under retirement age?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Oscar Wild posted:

What idiot has investment income under retirement age?

Hey those penny shavings-worth of interest in my savings account every month add up!

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Renegret posted:

It deserves to be in this thread a third time
The attempts at trying to make me feel sorry for rich people never stops being hilarious and then eventually leads to me overflowing with rage.

Oh no, the "single parent" who makes more in "investment income" than 99% of single parents in reality have in total income to get by is getting a tax increase. How can I ever sleep at night after reading that?

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
i like the pouty sad faces. like its just so hard scraping by on $230,000 a year

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Won't you think of poor retired couple with income of $180,000/yr? You monster!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

kuddles posted:

The attempts at trying to make me feel sorry for rich people never stops being hilarious and then eventually leads to me overflowing with rage.

Oh no, the "single parent" who makes more in "investment income" than 99% of single parents in reality have in total income to get by is getting a tax increase. How can I ever sleep at night after reading that?

Maybe alimony is the "investment income".

Seriously, at 5% return of this was tax free income she would have $700K in assets. Assuming these are are dividends that would mean a rough 35% tax rate and gently caress you I'm not doing the math. She has at least $800K in investments that are kicking off the $35k.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Long term capital gains aren't taxed that high. Dividends would be 15%

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 20:46 on Aug 17, 2018

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Moridin920 posted:

Long term capital gains aren't taxed that high. Dividends would be 15%

Yeah, if they're qualified, whatever. That's not the point. The point is that she has over 700k in invested assets. Ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Oscar Wild posted:

Yeah, if they're qualified, whatever. That's not the point. The point is that she has over 700k in invested assets. Ok?

It's actually $1.75 million in CDs earning 2%