Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wouldn't blame ponoc for yonebayashi making another lame movie, but modest heroes will be the real test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

is there a tonegawa thread because the op of the latest ep (7) had an altered op which i found funny

one of his guys got fired and he's got a red stamp on his face during the intro now

the rest of the episode is equally great as tonegawa's team face a truly frightening foe... flu shots and hygiene

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Aug 15, 2018

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

where the red fern gropes posted:

is there a tonegawa thread because the op of the latest ep (7) had an altered op which i found funny

one of his guys got fired and he's got a red stamp on his face during the intro now

the rest of the episode is equally great as tonegawa's team face a truly frightening foe... flu shots and hygiene

Nope! :)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ebitani had a good idea tbh. Too bad hes a blockhead

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
there's a general fukumoto thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764574

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Watched through episode 6 of Harukana Receive. I hope we see more of Ai and Mai, I kind of like them for some reason.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
So I just reached episode 4 of Asobi Asobase.

This show OWNS.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

one of the skits in ep5 really kind of soured me on that show unfortunately

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

what was it?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RME posted:

one of the skits in ep5 really kind of soured me on that show unfortunately

That skit made me go "ehhhh", but outside of one questionable line Hanako had at the end, I didn't read it as a transphobic panic joke- to me it read as 3 japanese school girls being dumb about a situation they don't fully understand, that they stuffed their noses into, especially since the main joke was how easily Olivia and Kasumi got intimidated and yielded to her insistences, and they don't portray the character as trying to do anything mischevious or having any underlying motives.

With that said though, I definitely wouldn't fault anyone who felt uncomfortable about a scene where a potential transwomen was confronted by her peers about extremely personal issues, or just found it an unnecessarily gross subject to tackle as a joke.

Julias fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 16, 2018

RME
Feb 20, 2012

it was the one where the main girls are trying to guess which of their classmates is a secret boy, and it didn't really feel very tactfully done and was kind of uncomfortable to watch
it definitely felt weird, in the moment

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Julias posted:

That skit made me go "ehhhh", but outside of one questionable line Hanako had at the end, I didn't read it as a transphobic panic joke- to me it read as 3 japanese school girls being dumb about a situation they don't fully understand, that they stuffed their noses into, especially since the main joke was how easily Olivia and Kasumi got intimidated and yielded to her insistences, and they don't portray the character as trying to do anything mischevious or having any underlying motives.

With that said though, I definitely wouldn't fault anyone who felt uncomfortable about a scene where a potential transwomen was confronted by her peers about extremely personal issues, or just found it an unnecessarily gross subject to tackle as a joke.

i mean the undercurrent of the joke is that there's an outsider among us with a secret, let's try and out them, and that's a bit weird setup for it imo

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

They didnt handle the trans thing that great, but it could've been way worse. I kinda wanna see what else they do w this character, but otoh I've been cooling on Asobi rapidly since ep4. The general punchline-reaction rhythm of the show's humor has gotten predictable, it already feels old. And ppl said Osomatsu-san got tired quick.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Man, this Demon Lord anime is allllllll about Shera's boobs. I mean, I'm not opposed to elf tits but holy poo poo they make up about 40% of the show at this point. Dial it down just a notch or two.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

RanKizama posted:

Man, this Demon Lord anime is allllllll about Shera's boobs. I mean, I'm not opposed to elf tits but holy poo poo they make up about 40% of the show at this point. Dial it down just a notch or two.

Well, they can hardly make it all about Rem's boobs.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Beato Believer posted:

Well, they can hardly make it all about Rem's boobs.
I guess that's a fair point? lol

The slave market bit in episode 6 was pretty cringey to get through but the rest of the series has been fine overall. It's weird because I browsed through the first volume of the manga at B&N and there was almost no fanservice at all.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 17, 2018

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I don't care about you watching it but god I really don't want to see posts about. Please lord

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013

RanKizama posted:

I guess that's a fair point? lol

The slave market bit in episode 6 was pretty cringey to get through but the rest of the series has been fine overall. It's weird because I browsed through the first volume of the manga at B&N and there was almost no fanservice at all.

quote:

And then, he extended his hand between both her legs.
So as to not turn his eyes towards there as much as possible, or rather, so as to immediately tell if Rem was in pain, he looked at her face.
Groping about, he searched for the entrance to her innermost area.
*Piku* Rem’s eyelashes quivered.
「Hann!?」
「O, oi?」
「I’m……I’m alright……You just touched, a place that is a bit, sensitive……Please continue, without minding me. If it seems unreasonable, I’ll be sure to say so after all.」
「Is that so.」
Before, Rem said that she was fourteen years old.
──Is this alright?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the premise is literally a slavery fanservice isekai what were you expecting

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So what I’m getting here is that this dude owns a big titty elf and a fourteen-year-old pikachu?

It’s always wild when fanfic goes mainstream.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

an actual dog posted:

I don't care about you watching it but god I really don't want to see posts about. Please lord

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally, i only accept posts about wholesome anime, like cross ange and monogatari

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Expect My Mom posted:

the premise is literally a slavery fanservice isekai what were you expecting
One of the primary narratives right now is actually removing the slave collar element though. The framework of the show is nothing worthy of praise or scorn, it's just typical.

I expected a goofy bullshit series and it's what I got so dont get me wrong. I'm just surprised at exactly how much emphasis they put on Shera's chest.

Endorph posted:

personally, i only accept posts about wholesome anime, like cross ange and monogatari
Cross Ange has a badass ED at least. Eri Kitamura is a treasure.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Endorph posted:

yea thjis

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Endorph posted:

Cross Ange has one of most wholesome hugs in anime.

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013

RanKizama posted:

One of the primary narratives right now is actually removing the slave collar element though. The framework of the show is nothing worthy of praise or scorn, it's just typical.

I expected a goofy bullshit series and it's what I got so dont get me wrong. I'm just surprised at exactly how much emphasis they put on Shera's chest.

Cross Ange has a badass ED at least. Eri Kitamura is a treasure.

the collar removal plot goes nowhere

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Checked out Cross Ange OPs on Youtube, and drat, the second one is a mess. It’s, like, a Macross Delta-tier downgrade.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Semquais posted:

the collar removal plot goes nowhere
That doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but I guess it doesn't really matter since both Shera and Rem are pretty intent on sticking with Diablo. Wouldn't have hurt to just nip that bit and just have them be unshackled companions though.

Darth Walrus posted:

Checked out Cross Ange OPs on Youtube, and drat, the second one is a mess. It’s, like, a Macross Delta-tier downgrade.
They didnt even bother giving the second OP it's own animation. They just chopped up and rearranged the original OP clips. It's kind of impressive how lazy they got with it. That whole show was kind of a trainwreck though.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 17, 2018

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
Are you really wondering why there's so many sexual shots in an adaptation of a YA novel where the premise is wish fulfillment slavery-without-repercussions isekai

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Lol you defend it with a plot point then say the plot point doesn't even matter

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Isekai Trope #1000: Slavery exists and the protagonist goes "Yo that's hosed up, I should get rid of it", but then the slave doesn't want to get rid of it because Reasons. The protagonist then just shrugs and they do nothing about it.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
How affirming that the 14 year old slave wants to be a slave

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Dryzen posted:

Lol you defend it with a plot point then say the plot point doesn't even matter
I only said it wouldn't really change the dynamic of the series. He doesnt treat them as slaves and almost everytime the collars come up he tries to think of how to remove them. The reason why the point doesnt really matter is because Rem and Shera are basically just companions now, with or without the collars. At this point there's no reason for the collars at all except to have an issue to resolve further down the line.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Where's the isekai about the protagonist leading a bloody slave revolt?

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
I realize that many people prefer their anime to have deep philosophical treatises amongst all the action shots, usually of robots or explosions, or better yet robots exploding (yes, I'm being a tad sarcastic here). There's a lot of discussion to be had about those, and I'm not knocking that type of show at all, I like a lot of them too. There's not a single thing wrong with liking those types of shows.

But some shows are just silly entertainment. No deep messages about life. No musing on the human (or elf or otherworld mascot) condition. Just bouncing boobies, or wacky comedy, or cute girls doing cute things. And there's nothing wrong with that either, drat it!

I realize I'm a cranky old man, but it kind of pisses me off when some (not all) people on this or other anime boards really look down on the silly shows as somehow not worthy of mention, let alone actual discussion about them. Like those of us who like those shows are somehow less "true anime fans", because we aren't trying to use anime to define our lives or support our politics or help write a manifesto or other things I completely just don't even understand.

Silly anime is fine. Meaningless anime is great. A show that's just there to give the viewer a smile or a few chuckles is no less a good show than the highfalutin ones.

End of rant, I guess.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

The sword and catgirl isekai is against slavery for as long as it takes for the catgirl to be free, could go further in that direction I guess.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You can have that stuff without wrapping it in slavery, I feel.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Vol. 1: Reincarnated in Another World, and I'm Spartacus?!?!
Vol. 2: No, I'm Spartacus!
Vol. 3: No, I'm Spartacus!

etc. etc.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

In all the possibilities that a thing can exist in it could just not be in slavery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I would say I'm baffled but that could get me probated

• Locked thread