Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m gonna laugh when either Bayley or Becky get bumped from the horsewomen showdown for Alexa

Will die when it winds up something like Charlotte/Nia/Alexa/Naomi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

rovert posted:

Will respect HIPPA, her privacy and stuff.

But Tegan Nox/Nixon Newell's knee injury is the worst I've ever heard in any sport. Will be a complete miracle if she ever wrestles again.

Don't expect any of her MYC injury match to be shown. They will just skip over it and explain it.

The worst knee injury I've seen in sports is Shaun Livingston. Tore the three main ligaments: ACL, MCL, and PCL, dislocated and fractured the knee cap. Here's a pic of it where you can see his kneecap... not in its normal place :barf:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

katatonic posted:

Will die when it winds up something like Charlotte/Nia/Alexa/Naomi

Like Carmella wouldn’t be in that last spot

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

The worst knee injury I've seen in sports is Shaun Livingston. Tore the three main ligaments: ACL, MCL, and PCL, dislocated and fractured the knee cap. Here's a pic of it where you can see his kneecap... not in its normal place :barf:

it's between that and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywemwRy2PXM

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Good lord. That's so much worse seeing the impact in motion.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There was that Louisville basketball player a few years ago whose leg shattered into a million pieces right in front of his team's bench. Their reaction and the GIF is still seared into my memory.

So ... yeah, gonna take a lot for Tegan Nox to top that.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Hard to top Willis McGahee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_wPOfTGegA

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ehh he tore three ligaments but Lattimore tore all of them and dislocated his knee so bad he had nerve damage.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Joe Theismann's injury was so bad that mangling your leg in football is often called getting "Theisman'd". Still the standard IMO.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Does Tegan have a degree in something so that she can pursue a comfortable life after wrestling?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Does Tegan have a degree in something so that she can pursue a comfortable life after wrestling?

Dunno. But since the injury technically happened under Vince's watch (company), he'll probably set her up with a cushy job for life. He's carny as gently caress, but I've heard he takes care of his employees who suffer career ending injuries.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Is Nixon good on the stick? Maybe guide her towards Renee Young type backstage personality?

Sucks anytime career is cut short especially when it happens to a barely an adult athlete .

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I feel like there are so many backstage personalities that Tegan would get lost in the shuffle. Not trying to slight her, I just hope that she has a happy comfortable life after this injury and rehab.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently the Voices of Wrestling guys have said the current plans for Roman vs Brock is for...

Brock to win. :psyduck:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Worse than Sid's or Theismann's leg?

I don't think Nixon broke a bone. Just tore ligaments that I wasn't even aware of until today.

TheCool69 posted:

Is Nixon good on the stick? Maybe guide her towards Renee Young type backstage personality?

Sucks anytime career is cut short especially when it happens to a barely an adult athlete .

She was good at holding a crowd in a post-match or post-show show promo.

Personally suggested her to replace NXT UK GM Johnny Saint who is 77 years old and got really lost relaying information at the NXT UK tapings.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

DarkstarIV posted:

Apparently the Voices of Wrestling guys have said the current plans for Roman vs Brock is for...

the alternative is roman winning so i support this

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

:yeshaha:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

CubsWoo posted:

the alternative is roman winning so i support this

Counterpoint, this means more months of "Well you see, technically, Brock didn't beat me because..."

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Counterpoint, this means more months of "Well you see, technically, Brock didn't beat me because..."

Well you see, Summerslam fell on the 3rd Sunday of the month, which is the unluckiest day of the month for the BIG DOG.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DarkstarIV posted:

I love VOW but those guys aren't reporters, c'mon now

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

They seem to have been more right than wrong lately, and it's really not hard to see it being true considering Vince loves doing this to the fanbase it seems.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Lanza's broken a fair amount of scoops, and Dave and rovert each said weeks ago the plan at that point was Brock winning and Reigns getting the big win over Brock at Mania. This is by no means far-fetched, and it's entirely possible the only thing that changes day of is how much F5s Reigns kicks out of before the one that puts him away

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 17, 2018

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Have they finalized the date for Brock to fight Cormier for the title? December was what I'd last seen as a guess. I imagine Vince wants Brock to carry the belt to press conferences and maybe to the Octagon for the fight?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Said this here about two weeks ago.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

Lanza's broken a fair amount of scoops, and Dave said weeks ago the plan at that point was Brock winning and Reigns getting the big win over Brock at Mania. This is by no means far-fetched, and it's entirely possible the only thing that changes day of is how much F5s Reigns kicks out of before the one that puts him away

I just hope they're wrong because the thought of dragging this out to another loving Mania is not enough :negative: in the world

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
getting everyone prepared for brock to win by leaking to the sheets is making me think roman is actually taking it this time

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I want Brock to win so that I can watch people leave the stadium like the air lock was opened on the space station

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

I just hope they're wrong because the thought of dragging this out to another loving Mania is not enough :negative: in the world

I honestly can't stop laughing about it

like, this is it. this is the one angle they actually don't mind doing long-term booking for. it's hilarious

I think if the build for the match were actually Brock and Reigns coming out and personally promising each fan it was legit going to be the last match they would have, it wouldn't even get Mania 20 Goldberg/Brock levels of attention/hate because half the audience would be genuinely grateful for it, and the other half outright wouldn't believe them because holy poo poo this is never ending

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I can't wait for Roman to go over a Brock Lesnar coming off being knocked the gently caress out in the UFC.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Like someone else pointed out in the thread the only good part of this feud is when Roman throws a hissyfit the next night on RAW bitching about how he deserves another shot.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If I'm keeping track correctly, if the plan is for Brock to go over, when Vince changes his mind the day of the show this time, Roman will be the one to win.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Brock'll win at Summerslam, then they'll rematch at Survivor Series, then they'll rematch at Royal Rumble, and then just when they're finally, finally, finally about to let Roman win, he blows his quad and he retires.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Vince must seriously think Brock’s beating Cormier and is :fap:ing at the idea of Roman beating the UFC & WWE champ “This time they’ll cheer him, dammit!” at Mania idea

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Vince must seriously think Brock’s beating Cormier and is :fap:ing at the idea of Roman beating the UFC & WWE champ “This time they’ll cheer him, dammit!” at Mania idea

Yup. This all hinges on Brock actually beating Cormier though, and I don't think that's happening. Brock is going to get loving destroyed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is it a good thing or a bad thing for your top champion to get deafening YOU TAPPED OUT chants on TV?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Have they finalized the date for Brock to fight Cormier for the title? December was what I'd last seen as a guess. I imagine Vince wants Brock to carry the belt to press conferences and maybe to the Octagon for the fight?

Nope.

The earliest Brock can fight is January due to USADA testing. It's unlikely but they could get an exemption for Brock so he could fight sooner. However they did that before his last fight against Hunt and he popped positive on that. Doubtful they want to repeat that mistake but $$$$$

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 17, 2018

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

TheCool69 posted:

she has an insanely good voice so just put her somewhere I can listen to her

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Yup. This all hinges on Brock actually beating Cormier though, and I don't think that's happening. Brock is going to get loving destroyed.

Get Dana to make it title-for-title, and DC can be WWE champion.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Gaz-L posted:

Get Dana to make it title-for-title, and DC can be WWE champion.

this is probably going to happen because vince genuinely thinks brock can beat dc. then they're going to have to pay dc a quarter billion dollars to do the job to roman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Your Parents posted:

this is probably going to happen because vince genuinely thinks brock can beat dc. then they're going to have to pay dc a quarter billion dollars to do the job to roman

DC would probably be major up for that, tbh.

Problem there is, boy oh boy, Roman would not get cheered against DC.