Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

Hunter Henry should be placed on IR soon, right? I'd like to free up his roster spot in my dynasty league, but I can't do that unless I can put him on IR.

Just move him.

We have a message board where if you can post an article showing they are on IR the commish will place them there.

MFL sucks at updating injury status during pre-season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

89 posted:

I don't want people to just give their whole roster 4 year contracts.

But. I guess that's where the cut penalty keeps them in check?

They'd be locked into paying for players for the contract length, yeah, depending on how you set it up.

If you do decide to also have a contract year cap, given you've got 1-4 year contracts, maybe count roster slots and have the total average to 2 years? I guess it depends also on whether you want 3 and 4 year contracts to be fairly common or fairly rare.

For dynasty I'd think you'd want most owners able to hold most of their players over for at least a year to the next, so an average below 2 seems pretty harsh.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Just move him.

We have a message board where if you can post an article showing they are on IR the commish will place them there.

MFL sucks at updating injury status during pre-season.

I don't think he's actually on the NFL Injured Reserve list. That's what I'm saying.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

I mean, he's certainly not a sure thing. He does come with a lot of risk. And I was desperately trying to trade out of the #2 spot after Guice went down, because I wasn't sure of any of the other rookie RB's, including Michel. That being said I'd take him at 2.08 every single time. That's a lot of upside for the 18th pick of a rookie draft.

Michel at 2.08 is a steal in a rookie draft, even with the injury concerns.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

I’m in a league that is 1 PPR, but also 1 point per 5 rushing attempts. How would you guys rank the top three RBs in that league?

Yeah, it's a real dilemma between Bell, Gurley and DJ with this 1 pt per 5 rushing attempts format! Right now I have them in that order.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

I don't think he's actually on the NFL Injured Reserve list. That's what I'm saying.

The problem is nobody is on IR at the moment. I can't find a link, so I may be misremembering, but I think you can't officially be placed on IR until final cutdowns are made in the preseason.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
Quick question for everyone, I'm participating in my first league with FAAB bid settings. Typically the other leagues I have been in are a snake draft or something similar.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any quick tips before our draft night (Wednesday) just to brush up on how to go about doing this?

edit* I'm just reading about this now - can anyone clarify, is the drafting process still the same, the yearly team budget only applies to players on waivers after the draft?

IKillForPie fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 17, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

OxySnake posted:

I wish I could get. Mathew Berry's job of writing a 2000 word screed then picking 4 of the top 8 players in each position group as people I love and cashing my check.

ESPN just sent me a push notification that Matt Barry loves Julian Edelman in ppr leagues so you can add dumb and wrong as hell to his list of descriptors

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 17, 2018

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

IKillForPie posted:

Quick question for everyone, I'm participating in my first league with FAAB bid settings. Typically the other leagues I have been in are a snake draft or something similar.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any quick tips before our draft night (Wednesday) just to brush up on how to go about doing this?

edit* I'm just reading about this now - can anyone clarify, is the drafting process still the same, the yearly team budget only applies to players on waivers after the draft?

It's a separate system. FAAB doesn't necessarily imply anything about the draft, just about how you acquire players after it.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?

Ben Nevis posted:

It's a separate system. FAAB doesn't necessarily imply anything about the draft, just about how you acquire players after it.

Thanks, I think I was just confused I assumed the $ I had would be used in the original draft to shop and purchase players. Good thing I'm starting to do my research now hahaha :science:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chargers-hunter-henry-tears-acl-out-for-season/

Here. He’s out for season so this counts.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

And I can force him onto the IR in MFL?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

And I can force him onto the IR in MFL?

With commish powers ya.

I usually let everyone in the league post who needs to be ird day before our draft then skim the news to make sure its legit

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

ESPN just sent me a push notification that Matt Barry loves Julian Edelman in ppr leagues so you can add dumb and wrong as hell to his list of descriptors

I loving love Matt Barry now. Most accurate fantasy person ever.

I have no idea who Matt Barry is, but he is right here after week 4.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Julian Edelman is 32 and coming off an exploded knee so good luck.

And folks after much meditation and given what Aaron Rodgers said about Jimmy Graham in Seattle.... I have come around on James Graham.

If you hype enough Packers TEs you will eventually be right namaste

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spoeank posted:

And folks after much meditation and given what Aaron Rodgers said about Jimmy Graham in Seattle.... I have come around on James Graham.

If you hype enough Packers TEs you will eventually be right namaste

Soooo... I keep him in the 12th instead of Luck year in the 5th?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Huh. It takes 8 hours to process the BeerSheets requests. Glad I automated it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

Soooo... I keep him in the 12th instead of Luck year in the 5th?

Jimmy Graham's problem was always his adp for me, not what I thought he could do. 12th round is a very good value for him. Deon Cain dying has me questioning who exactly luck will throw to except Hilton.

Lol jk its Eric Ebron

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Did you see him keeping up with Patterson on the 50yd almost-td?

He is good to go.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Adjust your Tyreek Hill numbers accordingly.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

lolololol he is going to somehow increase his completely unsustainable big play td rate

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Everyone uses Beersheets now and goes after popular sleepers in my league so I need an effective counter strategy. Last year when I realized quickly how much more well informed people were mid draft, I found better success at picking up guys who had down years the previous year. So besides guys like Cooper, any other bounceback guys you like? Any other strategies against the almighty Beersheet?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

lolololol he is going to somehow increase his completely unsustainable big play td rate

Also the guy who had 9tds on 4 catches last year before his rookie QB went down.

And the qb too. 45/6000 is what he is on track for so take him early 2nd.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hand Row posted:

Everyone uses Beersheets now and goes after popular sleepers in my league so I need an effective counter strategy. Last year when I realized quickly how much more well informed people were mid draft, I found better success at picking up guys who had down years the previous year. So besides guys like Cooper, any other bounceback guys you like? Any other strategies against the almighty Beersheet?

This is the greatest thing to read.

I recommend ignoring ADP and jumping a round for players you really want.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Hand Row posted:

Any schmo who googles “fantasy football cheat sheet” is going to end up at the top link, like this:
http://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/18/NFLDK2018_CS_PPR300.pdf

Or fantasypros, or reddit and beersheets, etc. Personal strategies to draft against them are the only way to have success anymore without just autodrafting by either computer or sheet. In snakes that means picking specific guys to overdraft according to the sheets. Basically meaning you make your own ranks, your own sheet.

This is yet another reason why auctions are such a superior format. Strategies and resulting team compositions are much more varied. Cheat sheets quickly become difficult to use as a crutch, because bidding wars skew remaining budgets. Price enforcing, a necessary tactic, sometimes goes awry. Auctions are such a greater test of draft skill as compared to filling up roster slots picking BPA on a sheet, even if your sheet is mildly more complicated and VBD or dVBD based, and most implicitly are already.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is what I have always done. People forget that beersheets just provide a baseline on where players are projected to be.

When you are building your roster, your goal should be to fill it with as many of your favorite players to succeed as you can. If you think a guy will end the year top ten at his position, who cares if you get him in the fifth or sixth round. It does not matter where you get him. Only that you get him.

EDIT: Having said that, the only way you are going to win your league is with Beersheets, so get as many of them as possible. :D

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The thing people forget is even though beersheets is the best (use beersheets) it's still a projection of the most likely result of a range of outcomes. There's no cheat sheet in the world that'll help you if you don't know the players. You might as well be rote copying ancient runes to select your players if you don't know who the names on your sheet are.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh. It takes 8 hours to process the BeerSheets requests. Glad I automated it.

:stare:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah, and this will probobly gently caress with people enough to cause a random run of QBs in round 3

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

So my old FantasyPros DynoLite (12 teams, 8 keepers, no penalty) keepers are due soon and I'm having some trouble with paring it down to 8 guys. I'll list everyone on my old roster, broken into definitely keeping, probably keeping, maybe keeping, not keeping. This one makes me extra itchy because of the FantasyPros part of it :ohdear:

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLX, 3DFlex, K
1 PPR

DEFINITELY
Russell Wilson Sea - QB
Leonard Fournette Jax - RB
T.Y. Hilton Ind - WR
Demaryius Thomas Den - WR
Jay Ajayi Phi - RB

PROBABLY?
Cooper Kupp LAR - WR
Telvin Smith Jax - LB
Tevin Coleman Atl - RB
Lamar Miller Hou - RB

MAYBE
Josh Doctson Was - WR
Matt Breida SF - RB
Tyrell Williams LAC - WR
Delanie Walker Ten - TE

DEFINITELY NOT
Mark Barron LAR - LB
Darron Lee NYJ - LB
T.J. Watt Pit - LB
C.J. Fiedorowicz Hou - TE
Matt Bryant Atl - K
Vic Beasley Jr. Atl - LB
Matthew Stafford Det - QB
Doug Martin Oak - RB

Help, friends

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Zach Ertz for a 7th or Will Fuller for a 14th as a keeper in .5 PPR? Keeping again next year would move them up 3 rounds

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What's a good 2 qb league resource

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

TwoQBs.com

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

2QBs1Cup.com

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

Zach Ertz for a 7th or Will Fuller for a 14th as a keeper in .5 PPR? Keeping again next year would move them up 3 rounds

Ertz for sure.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Keeper advice please-

12 team, 1 PPR - 1QB / 2RB / 2WR / 1TE / 2 FLEX(RB/WR/TE). Keep 2 in the noted round. I have the 1.1 pick in the snake draft. Other keepers aren't nailed down yet, but my guess is that the top-tier non-rookies are all going to be kept, probably in the first three rounds.

1 David Johnson, Ari RB
2 Brandin Cooks, LAR WR
3 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
4 Travis Kelce, KC TE
5 Stefon Diggs, Min WR
8 Tevin Coleman, Atl RB
9 James White, NE RB
10 Ty Montgomery, GB RB
10 Alex Collins, BAL RB
13 Tyler Lockett, Sea WR
14 Devin Funchess, Car WR

With Bell and Gurley almost certainly being kept by their respective owners (in the 2nd and 3rd, respectively, gross) I shouldn't keep Johnson, as I can just pick him at 1.1. Maybe there's a compelling case that develops over the next two weeks for someone else at 1.1, but I kinda doubt it. Diggs in the 5th seems like a no-brainer to me. Other than that, I'm torn- Kelce in the 4th is nice, but I'm usually content to stream TE. Collins in the 10th is potentially great value, but counting on the BAL offense is never a comfortable place to be. If Burkhead and Michel both struggle to get and stay healthy, James White should see a serious uptick in value. Similarly TyMont and Coleman both have decent floors thanks to receiving and weekly top 24 upside or better in case of an injury. I don't really love any of the non-Diggs WR options as they either don't really represent much value (Cooks, Fitz) or aren't going to be particularly consistent (Lockett, Funchess).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd take Kelce. I'm not too high on Collins but a case could be made for him if you are.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'd keep Collins, simply because it's only costing you a 10th and his relative value is much better than anyone else on the list. You'll need RBs.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone sell me on Ajayi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone sell me on Ajayi.

Sum the points of Ajayi + Blount when they played in the same game, subtract 4 carries and 1 catch for increased Clement workload. I imagine that still ends up being a pretty nice ppg.