Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Julian_Epp/status/1029809815806205952

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/crislopezg/status/1030452865138139137

I <3 Violence

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005
Professional Idiot - When to comes to stupid, we don't fuck around!

The MONSTER!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

mojo1701a posted:

The term was originally used as "Bush Derangement Syndrome" by Charles Krauthammer (although possibly even earlier).

Still works as projection since conservatives like to use it to describe "liberals" but holy hell do they ever pull it off. I mean poo poo, you should see my extended family bark at a TV screen whenever Justin Trudeau shows up.

Clinton Derangement Syndrome was definitely a thing before then. It's as hoary a sign of a dumbfuck as -gate

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

DJDace posted:

The MONSTER!

unfortunately that's a legitimate stance people hold in this country

wanting things that benefit people and enrich our lives equally? the nerve

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Verisimilidude posted:

It's a stance, but calling it legitimate is a disservice

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
conservative media pundits have been using "x derangement syndrome" for decades because they are stupid and intellectually lazy.

it wasn't even new 15 years ago when it was "coined" as "bush derangement syndrome"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_image_of_George_W._Bush#Bush_Derangement_Syndrome_neologism

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Verisimilidude posted:

The argument is usually a version of, "Well, yes, it's OK to want those things, but if you force other people to pay money to provide those things, then you're an immoral parasite, because only people who Work Hard deserve to live." (Ignoring, of course, that the hardest workers are generally the lowest paid.)

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I don't need a kidney transplant, so why should I pay for someone else's!

PS please donate to my insulin gofundme.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Puppy Time posted:

The argument is usually a version of, "Well, yes, it's OK to want those things, but if you force other people to pay money to provide those things, then you're an immoral parasite, because only people who Work Hard deserve to live." (Ignoring, of course, that the hardest workers are generally the lowest paid.)

ah forcing people to pay for things

You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even when the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I told the chuds that, like, your tax dollars went to bomb yemeni children or pay a subsidy to an already fantastically profitable oil company cooking our planet alive, nobody panics. Because it's all part of the plan. But when I say those same tax dollars will go to give somebody cancer treatment, well then everybody loses their minds!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Owlbear Camus posted:

You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even when the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I told the chuds that, like, your tax dollars went to bomb yemeni children or pay a subsidy to an already fantastically profitable oil company cooking our planet alive, nobody panics. Because it's all part of the plan. But when I say those same tax dollars will go to give somebody cancer treatment, well then everybody loses their minds!

Yemenis either don't actually exist or aren't human, depending on the perspective. And/or, "But we are bringing FREEDOM so ultimately it is good."

And/or, "No that actually didn't happen fake news!"

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

"This is a normal, American thing!"

Bitch, you're from Canada.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

miracle

I've reported this guy 10 times for having a duplicate account, he even had the god drat tweet pinned on his page and they finally suspended him.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1030521280183853056

I wonder if this is what that "Trump Train" twitter account is up to

jaegerx posted:

miracle

I've reported this guy 10 times for having a duplicate account, he even had the god drat tweet pinned on his page and they finally suspended him.

haha loving great job! I hate that rivet-chinned weirdo.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Peeny Cheez posted:

"This is a normal, American thing!"

Bitch, you're from Canada.

Wait what? God damnit.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Wait what? God damnit.

They're not sending their best. They're sending they're worst. Rapists. Butt plug shovers.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

gamers rise up!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

they're upset that girls are marketed to at all

Bingo. So many dudes, particularly internet dudes, seem to think the only acceptable practice is to make everything explicitly for dudes, and if it happens to appeal somewhat to someone else, OK.

If it’s made directly for someone else first, summon the dude rage.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Shageletic posted:

They're not sending their best. They're sending they're worst. Rapists. Butt plug shovers.

As a butt plug shover being I find this offensive. The butt plug and the consenual shoving thereof is not a problem :colbert:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

mlmp08 posted:

Bingo. So many dudes, particularly internet dudes, seem to think the only acceptable practice is to make everything explicitly for dudes, and if it happens to appeal somewhat to someone else, OK.

If it’s made directly for someone else first, summon the dude rage.

It's a little more complicated than that

The problem is that they do not recognize their subject positioning and so they think most media that appeals to white men actually is meant to appeal to "everybody"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's a little more complicated than that

The problem is that they do not recognize their subject positioning and so they think most media that appeals to white men actually is meant to appeal to "everybody"

The dumbest Red Letter Media thing I have ever seen was them showing a toy commercial from 1979 with a black kid playing with a Han Solo doll and then saying that it proves kids just like fun adventure movies and don’t care about race.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

business hammocks posted:

The dumbest Red Letter Media thing I have ever seen was them showing a toy commercial from 1979 with a black kid playing with a Han Solo doll and then saying that it proves kids just like fun adventure movies and don’t care about race.

Yeah that was a Very Bad Take from some dudes I usually like.

Like, if you made Star Wars, in 1977, with an all-black cast do you think it would have been received ecumenically by a colorblind bunch of scifi fans just looking for a fun space adventure and been a blockbuster?

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

Owlbear Camus posted:

god the dark knight was such a good movie

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's funny that Little Ben tries to claim he doesn't let emotions control him when he spends so much loving energy being upset by trans people.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Anti-antifa, aka fa.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I don't know if we covered this but I found out that apparently one of the founding fathers of gamergate got revealed to be backstabbing a bunch of other alt-right critics on youtube and was forced to admit it live on a stream.

I watched the stream and while it was fun seeing him squirm its not really recommended watching because its shitheads being shitheads to shitheads

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It is pointless to market products to women because they would waste all their money on frivolities like makeup and clothes.

*spends $30000 on star citizen spaceships and Jordan Peterson patreons*

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't know if we covered this but I found out that apparently one of the founding fathers of gamergate got revealed to be backstabbing a bunch of other alt-right critics on youtube and was forced to admit it live on a stream.

I watched the stream and while it was fun seeing him squirm its not really recommended watching because its shitheads being shitheads to shitheads

Which person was it? The only one anyone ever talks about is sargon. The rest are distant memories now, and I haven’t actually heard anything about sargon since his twitter was banned.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MundaneMatt

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Counterpoint: Shitheads eating each other alive is wonderful

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/senatormcdaniel/status/1030559534664900608

That's the guy who got completely owned by the Robert E. Lee poll; after 133,000 votes 91% said he was a traitor.

I am guessing since it's Mississippi this idiot is a lock to win though?

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

https://twitter.com/senatormcdaniel/status/1030559534664900608

That's the guy who got completely owned by the Robert E. Lee poll; after 133,000 votes 91% said he was a traitor.

I am guessing since it's Mississippi this idiot is a lock to win though?

options should have been "14 feet tall" and "88 feet tall"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1030521280183853056

I wonder if this is what that "Trump Train" twitter account is up to

haha loving great job! I hate that rivet-chinned weirdo.

Just for the record this was the 14th post on the 88th page

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

mojo1701a posted:

The term was originally used as "Bush Derangement Syndrome" by Charles Krauthammer (although possibly even earlier).

Still works as projection since conservatives like to use it to describe "liberals" but holy hell do they ever pull it off. I mean poo poo, you should see my extended family bark at a TV screen whenever Justin Trudeau shows up.

Ah, that reminds me that Dr Krauthammer is dead. We live in blessed times, friends.

lol if you posted:

conservative media pundits have been using "x derangement syndrome" for decades because they are stupid and intellectually lazy.

it wasn't even new 15 years ago when it was "coined" as "bush derangement syndrome"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_image_of_George_W._Bush#Bush_Derangement_Syndrome_neologism

Yeah, but Dr K was literally a psychiatrist who abused his profession by diagnosing that poo poo in people he had never talked to, much less examined. He was a real piece of poo poo.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Just for the record this was the 14th post on the 88th page

you've been staring into the abyss too long my friend

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/FlyingOverTr0ut/status/1029383063036473344?s=19

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

mlmp08 posted:

Naw, these kinds of assholes get really mad when women or other "not them" peoples happen to share, or as they would put it, "invade" their hobbies. There's a whole bunch of Magic: The Gathering dudes absolutely furious at women for playing card games, and all those dudes mad about "fake geek girls" are in the same boat.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Case in point these loving cunts trying to tank Black Panther, because wacist cwybaby doesn't want nig-nig to have punchee-kickee moovee with a nig-nig hewo.

Let's put it this way, if your favoured media happens to feature a prominent character that is anything other than a white, heterosexual male, and your reaction is any more negative than "oh, I guess that's a thing now," you're probably a bigoted oval office. Prove me wrong.

edogawa rando has issued a correction as of 06:20 on Aug 18, 2018

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Case in point these loving cunts trying to tank Black Panther, because wacist cwybaby doesn't want nig-nig to have punchee-kickee moovee with a nig-nig hewo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wasn't that one of those things like with Fury Road where it turns out to be literally about a dozen people and one blog no one's ever heard of?