Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
TIL 60% of yanks have prescriptions

i knew there was an overmedication problem, but jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we don't have any sort of preventive healthcare here

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

coffeetable posted:

... and when everyone is sick, no one will be :hehe:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/TooMuchMe/status/1030551611922423813

Facebook is currently being extremely sued by BEN CARSON’S HUD DEPARTMENT for housing discrimination

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

facebook's housing ads have been in violation of the law for years but they dont care because home sellers want to be racist so what is facebook to do they have to break the law if a customer wants it

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i've been taking ambien for years and now i'm getting married and kids are on the table within a year or two so it's got to go and i'm real freaked of never being able to sleep again

but i hear that happens when you have kids anyways

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

KidDynamite posted:

i've been taking ambien for years and now i'm getting married and kids are on the table within a year or two so it's got to go and i'm real freaked of never being able to sleep again

but i hear that happens when you have kids anyways

confirm.

two kids in and my circadian rhythms think mike pence must be a pretty good dancer.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

coffeetable posted:

What do you think a “normal” percentage would be?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

https://twitter.com/healthgoals/status/1030449066759663616

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

we don't have any sort of preventive healthcare here

but the us does have pharmaceutical reps who wine and dine doctors to push their medications

there are a lot of "dr. pill" types out there who can find reasons for even the healthiest person to be on several medications

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cartoon network told the rick and morty bar to gently caress off. they are, of course, acting the victims

quote:

Wubba Lubba Dub PUB was designed by fans for fans, though we think everyone would have enjoyed it. It was a labor of love and included hand sewn Meeseeks from our CEO Angie’s mother; graffiti work by an incredible artist; a 25-foot Ruben cut out by our Special Projects Director, hockey-referee-turned-craftsman Matt Fox; and deep references to a show that has made us all laugh out loud and confront the deeper meaning behind the gags. In a word, we are fans geeking out.
Turner Broadcasting/Cartoon Network wasn’t willing to let us do that and demanded we shut down. We then reached an agreement, and thus delayed for a week, but they changed their minds, threatened us with exorbitant fees and then took everything off the table today and refused to talk any further. The whole time we were operating in good faith and willing to make concessions to bring this wonderful work of fan art to life.
Now we have to lay off our beloved employees and take a massive financial hit, all because Turner Broadcasting/Cartoon Network are unwilling to figure out a way to let a great fan tribute happen. We are so sorry to all the fans but we also have learned a valuable lesson: when it comes to free speech and fair use, Turner Broadcasting/Cartoon Network believes that should only be a joke on the show.
If you have something to say to Turner, see handles below:
Twitter/Instagram: @rickandmorty @turner @adultswim
Facebook: rickandmorty adultswim turnerbroadcasting
i can't imagine why they would consider this ip theft
https://www.washingtonian.com/2018/08/16/rick-and-morty-pop-up-bar-wubba-lubba-dub-pub-references-look-inside/

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Wubba Lubba Dub PUB was designed by fans for fans, though we think everyone would have enjoyed it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

:fuckoff:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

if more than half the population is under some form of continuing treatment, there is something wrong with the treatments or the population (ie society)

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Krankenstyle posted:

if more than half the population is under some form of continuing treatment, there is something wrong with the treatments or the population (ie society)

Lol no.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Aw poo poo, son. You about to get Fishmeched.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:wrong:

Peeny Cheez posted:

Aw poo poo, son. You about to get Fishmeched.

:wrong:

im about to watch a movie with my nephews but go ahead lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
...and furthermore, paleo diet.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the majority of americans are vaccinated! just think about how hosed up that is!!!!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Luigi Thirty posted:

https://twitter.com/TooMuchMe/status/1030551611922423813

Facebook is currently being extremely sued by BEN CARSON’S HUD DEPARTMENT for housing discrimination

I mean, they couldn't even bother to find a different color?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

loving hell. :ughh:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://qz.com/1355672/stacking-concrete-blocks-is-a-surprisingly-efficient-way-to-store-energy/

this is dumb

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

OK Hitler.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fishmech posted:

OK Hitler.

nice. right to the chase.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

I mean, they couldn't even bother to find a different color?

can i be inside the red line

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

fishmech posted:

OK Hitler.
The alt-rights hottest new dating app

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

info whores

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Peeny Cheez posted:

The alt-rights hottest new dating app

ahahaha i facepalmed so hard i hurt my nose

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Krankenstyle posted:

yes they are sick and aging and need medicine

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Krankenstyle posted:

american educational system, post-capitalism hellscape, and masculinity culture and norms leads to lots more sadbrains which can require treatment and strong elevated stress about everything and physical toll of working 2 jobs, 50+ hr weeks and sitting on cars for too long, not having money and stressing over bills, children, etc. weak environmentally protection laws leading to poor people needing more asthma treatment, and so on. good diet and exercise does loving wonders and will stop or slow progress of a lot of physical and mental illnesses and aches, but again mostly only if you aren't working long hours or multiple jobs and already slightly well educated. most people aren't.

also if you completely hosed up your 0-50 years (sometimes outside of one's own control), there's basically nothing that you can do to save yourself by that point and turbo-hosed and will need continuing ttreatment

i have kaiser permanente they've mostly anti-opiate/depression/etc medication and instead often tell people to exercise and many people complain about that. they aren't wrong either but often completely miss there are many forces which make america a bad place.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

fishmech posted:

OK Hitler.

is this how you address google phones now

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Krankenstyle posted:

what

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Agreed, xaris. Society is hosed up

also lol at everyone thinking that was a pro eugenics post. It's anti capitalist you dumbasses. change society so less people need treatment

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Xaris posted:

american educational system, post-capitalism hellscape, and masculinity culture and norms leads to lots more sadbrains which can require treatment and strong elevated stress about everything and physical toll of working 2 jobs, 50+ hr weeks and sitting on cars for too long, not having money and stressing over bills, children, etc. weak environmentally protection laws leading to poor people needing more asthma treatment, and so on. good diet and exercise does loving wonders and will stop or slow progress of a lot of physical and mental illnesses and aches, but again mostly only if you aren't working long hours or multiple jobs and already slightly well educated. most people aren't.

also if you completely hosed up your 0-50 years (sometimes outside of one's own control), there's basically nothing that you can do to save yourself by that point and turbo-hosed and will need continuing ttreatment

i have kaiser permanente they've mostly anti-opiate/depression/etc medication and instead often tell people to exercise and many people complain about that. they aren't wrong either but often completely miss there are many forces which make america a bad place.

Not to mention that being genetically predisposed to hypertension and high cholesterol means you will almost definitely get those things, diet and lifestyle changes will just stave them off for a while.

The number of conditions with occurence rates in the 1-5% range that require lifetime medication (epilepsy, asthma, eczema, thyroid problems, diabetes, arthritis) is quite high.

Moist von Lipwig fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 18, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Krankenstyle posted:

also lol at everyone thinking that was a pro eugenics post. It's anti capitalist you dumbasses. change society so less people need treatment

I didn’t get a eugenics vibe, i got a woo vibe.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Krankenstyle posted:

you can't. thats not how getting old or catching a random flu works. let alone genetic things

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

President Beep posted:

I didn’t get a eugenics vibe, i got a woo vibe.

yea gently caress woo

i don't have a ready solution, but imo there is clearly something wrong with how we currently do things

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

fishmech posted:

you can't. thats not how getting old or catching a random flu works. let alone genetic things

the flu doesn't require continuing treatments

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also gnight yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Krankenstyle posted:

yea gently caress woo

i don't have a ready solution, but imo there is clearly something wrong with how we currently do things

i get you.