Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I’m sure this is every club but god drat the Facebook comments on the official Arsenal announcements about Ospina and Campbell’s departures are just :psyduck:

The same when Jeff Reine-Adelaide left, I would understand if they went to Juve or somewhere good but Jesus the majority are going to clubs no one ever heard of because they’re that bad, fair enough Ospina to Napoli but I genuinely think he just isn’t suited to the EPL. Can’t wait for us to flog Connor Brammal and someone to bemoan how he was the best defender at the club.

What was their reasoning? Campbell played 20 odd games in 7 years and was mostly on loan. While on loan, he only scored more than 5 league goals in 1 season and that was only 8 and surely Ospina would have been 3rd choice keeper now?

julian assflange posted:

Make this a tiled forum background

Surely stretched would be more fitting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Campbell became something of a cult hero a couple years ago because he came in during an injury crisis and was refreshingly direct and energetic. Some people mistook hard work for talent though and have been clamoring for his return ever since.

No clue why anyone would be disappointed to see Ospina go, it's probably because our fans are dumb as poo poo.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I can’t even write it off as the old ‘African football experts lol’ trope because there were idiots of all colours, creeds and genders spouting this poo poo.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Social media is bad and Arsenal fans are especially broke-brained by it. Arsenal FanTV exists for a reason.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

NNick posted:

Social media is bad and Arsenal fans are especially broke-brained by it. Arsenal FanTV exists for a reason.

"Arsenal Fan TV" no longer exists mate after Arsenal got uppity about their name being used on an outlet full of pissing and moaning lol

(It got renamed to some acronym that I forget now, AFCTV perhaps)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Kimoa Kid posted:

No clue why anyone would be disappointed to see Ospina go, it's probably because our fans are dumb as poo poo.

There are a sizable number of fans who think Ospina is a great keeper, and the best one we've had since at least Mad Jens. Does anyone have a copy of the DSM-5 handy to help figure it out?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Apparently Ospina was long listed for the Ballon D’Or one season :psyduck:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Apparently Ospina was long listed for the Ballon D’Or one season :psyduck:

Autumn, while someone was looking to see which players were still playing?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

julian assflange posted:

Make this a tiled forum background

Sports Argument Stadium > Jozy’s Piepit

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bobby Digital posted:

Sports Argument Stadium > Jozy’s Piepit

Jozy's Pantry Door

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Didn't a commentator once say "Jozy loves scoring like a fat kid loves cake"?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Probably not wicka.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
It did happen

https://metro.co.uk/2011/06/08/awful-american-commentator-compares-jozy-altidore-to-a-fat-kid-37867/

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jesus Christ

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cool link to an article with dead videeos of said event.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Computer, show me the wealth of online highlight videos from a 2011 Gold Cup group stage match

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I immortalized that real quote from an actual football commentator to remind you all that it exists every time you see one of my posts

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

vyelkin posted:

I immortalized that real quote from an actual football commentator to remind you all that it exists every time you see one of my posts

i genuinely thought that was just a funny joke until it was posted itt, what a top piece of commentary

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
it's here and that Jozy quote is just one of many things that make it some of the worst commentary of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOZ1SAKg2oM

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Paperhouse posted:

it's here and that Jozy quote is just one of many things that make it some of the worst commentary of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOZ1SAKg2oM

GO CELEBRATE WITH YO PEOPLE

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

i genuinely thought that was just a funny joke until it was posted itt, what a top piece of commentary

I never heard it at the time, so this is my first time realizing it was serious too.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Karius is going to Besiktas on a two-year loan

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/20/loris-karius-besiktas-liverpool-alisson

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
rip karius you were very good looking and not a great PL goalie

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I will miss his sexy calves and lovely hair.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
appropriate that he gets exiled to Turkey, the graveyard of careers

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Brained so hard by Sergio Ramos that he woke up in Turkey

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I have a lot of sympathy for Karius and hope that he mentally bounces back from his Champions League performance, but even if he doesn't I'd still bang the bejesus out of him.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
come on you liverpools

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 20, 2018

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Gorn Myson posted:

I have a lot of sympathy for Karius and hope that he mentally bounces back from his Champions League performance, but even if he doesn't I'd still bang the bejesus out of him.

Retards can’t legally furnish consent, so tread carefully.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
are there any big spicy last minute european transfers lined up or is the rest of this window going to be as limpdick as it has been so far?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Yaya Toure is still a free agent.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
weird to see turkey's voting for karius

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
Are most football contracts paid in Euros? Seems like they'd have to be to get anyone to sign a contract in Turkey at the moment.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Yaya Toure is still a free agent.

He must be asking for the most insane amount of money.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

blue footed boobie posted:

He must be asking for the most insane amount of money.

Or maybe a super elaborate birthday cake clause

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Schalke's sporting director confirmed that they only signed Hamza Mendyl from Lille after he was unable to sign at Arsenal as LB cover for Monreal and Kolasinac, because he was denied a work permit, so I guess we tried at least.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Rakitic got a raise from Barca so the PSG move (they were thinking of paying his buyout) is unlikely, which I guess also means the Pogba deal becomes even more unlikely

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

EC10 posted:

are there any big spicy last minute european transfers lined up or is the rest of this window going to be as limpdick as it has been so far?

What, you're not thrilled by De Bock going from Leeds to Oostende?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

so my local club has just bought Sayouba Mandé from Ståbæk and Ramon Leeuwin from Utrecht

Any norwegian or dutch posters that can tell me if these players are any good? Know nothing about either of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lazaar flew to italy after being told the transfer was ready by Newcastle and by the time he landed the deal had collapsed lol

• Locked thread