Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

HOTS seems insanely buggy and laggy today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I just had a game with a Tychus whose only communications were "WE KILL TANK" and the clapping emoji (for when we killed their tanks).

heroes is magical

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
owns

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kith posted:

I just had a game with a Tychus whose only communications were "WE KILL TANK" and the clapping emoji (for when we killed their tanks).

heroes is magical

best!)))))))

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Now I'm imagining Ovechkin playing HotS. Probably mains Sonya and lands all of his spears.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Nybble posted:

Now I'm imagining Ovechkin playing HotS. Probably mains Sonya and lands all of his spears.

I have trouble not picturing him diving people to finish the kill with LiMing, and then another and then another...

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

appropriatemetaphor posted:

How do you get that special Stukov NYET! emote??

BrianBoitano posted:

:het: is only if you own the Imperator Stukov pack.

Bookmark my post history if you want all the highlights from Reddit poop on your monitor

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/297155987?t=00h48m55s

(should start at 48:55) check out the fastest HGC game ever*

*someone please prove me wrong

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

Bookmark my post history if you want all the highlights from Reddit poop on your monitor

Noice, I knew I saw how to get it somewhere. Saw some bum using it in the mf pallytime chat and was like whoa.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I have trouble not picturing him diving people to finish the kill with LiMing, and then another and then another...

And consistently he pulls it off from the left side of the core when up 5v4.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.

BrianBoitano posted:

I don't understand what I just watched, but this has reinforced my opinion that Braxxis is a stupid map.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
What the everloving gently caress? I want NA to do this now.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
In a shocking twist, first pick Chen just fed all game to Tychus. Not in the whine thread because I was Tychus. Why do people do these things to themselves?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

I just don’t understand why they just left their core undefended? Like at that point they have a talent level and three vs five around the core with three of them at half health.

I guess they just really wanted to go for it?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

bamhand posted:

In a shocking twist, first pick Chen just fed all game to Tychus. Not in the whine thread because I was Tychus. Why do people do these things to themselves?

Doesn't Chen get crazy damage reduction when drinking? I thought vs. Tychus would be one of the only use cases for him (picking him into a Tychus).

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I just don’t understand why they just left their core undefended? Like at that point they have a talent level and three vs five around the core with three of them at half health.

I guess they just really wanted to go for it?

It was collaborative, both teams were in comms together and will probably be disciplined by Blizzard.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Doesn't Chen get crazy damage reduction when drinking? I thought vs. Tychus would be one of the only use cases for him (picking him into a Tychus).

No he just gains shields, slower than Tychus can trait him. Plus grenade stops drinking. It's probably his worst match up.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Chen is one of those heroes who feels like he desperately needs a rework, given how badly he's punished by recent trends in Hero design.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Chen's problem is that when he's in his element, he's completely unstoppable. To that end, he doesn't need a rework, he just needs QoL improvements in the form of a modernization pass on his abilities. For example, Keg Toss and Breath of Fire would really benefit from being instant (or even transient) and make him less underwhelming in situations he doesn't excel in without broadening his horizons too much.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Macaluso posted:

Bwonsamdi for HOTS, thank you in advance

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Been trying out Azmodan lately, what are some good tips forgetting stacks with minions? Like I do ok as long as I have heroes to punish, but as soon as I'm dependent on getting my orbs from minions I fall off. Like do I try to last hit the whole pack or should I be using my orb on other lanes to let other champs clear?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Texibus posted:

Been trying out Azmodan lately, what are some good tips forgetting stacks with minions? Like I do ok as long as I have heroes to punish, but as soon as I'm dependent on getting my orbs from minions I fall off. Like do I try to last hit the whole pack or should I be using my orb on other lanes to let other champs clear?

Don't try to last hit the entire stack, even last hitting 2 or 3 is good enough. Weaken the backline because minions will ignore them and even if the meteor doesn't kill them, hopefully your first attack with bombardment will. Once you get past level 10 R+Orb should kill everything but the melee minions.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kurieg posted:

Don't try to last hit the entire stack, even last hitting 2 or 3 is good enough. Weaken the backline because minions will ignore them and even if the meteor doesn't kill them, hopefully your first attack with bombardment will. Once you get past level 10 R+Orb should kill everything but the melee minions.

As long as they die within a (short) time after you hit them, it counts for stacks IIRC, so focus more on just hitting things than trying to get all last-hits.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Texibus posted:

Ask if someone can help you stack (they will do damage to the wave and then you finish it off with orb). If you get help, great! You can now get good stacks going back and forth between 2 lanes. If not, you'll be lucky to reach 100 stacks before level 10.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

As long as they die within a (short) time after you hit them, it counts for stacks IIRC, so focus more on just hitting things than trying to get all last-hits.

I mean, It's a very short time (1.5 seconds).

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Eastern Clash is on this weekend and drops are enabled.

The Blossom vs Tempest series was good, especially the last match.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I kicked rear end as Fenix the other day, with 4 friends on my team versus another team of 5, double the siege damage and hero damage from the next guy and something like 15 kills. At one point I got a 4-man multikill by warping into the other team, slowing them with the rotator and then tagging them with the purifier. Fenix owns and he's so easy to get good plays out of.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Hold onto your butts

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1030861887846719488

Spoiled because their German Twitter account didn't sanitize the file before uploading:

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
in case anyone else, like me, had forgotten which one he is

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

BrianBoitano posted:

Hold onto your butts

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1030861887846719488

Spoiled because their German Twitter account didn't sanitize the file before uploading:

Yesssssssss

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

its imperius

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

peer posted:

in case anyone else, like me, had forgotten which one he is

Talk about overdesigned, YEESH. Rein it in buddy

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

E: ^^^ Diablo 2 didn't have great graphics and iirc there wasn't a cinematic with him, so I think that was post hoc design that never went canon.

E2: I checked and there was a cinematic. That art is deffo an embellishment for grimdark teens. Abilities could be deception/control, whip CC/disarm, summon bats and fire for ambiance, or more likely his actual teleport (sigh), charged bolt and poison cloud.

He could still be a clean slate ability wise. I know they're against more summonables but I hope he can create a Fetish Shaman which clearly is just one Fetish standing on another's shoulders with a mask on :3:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 18, 2018

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
They better bring Paul Eiding back to voice Mephi. I want Colonel Campbell all up in this business.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Kith posted:

its imperius

Weird that they'd pick someone nobody ever requests.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I hope they give Mephisto a Dehaka-esque makeover because boy is that design just from an entirely different era of design aesthetics

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Calling it now: he'll have a christmas tree skin with lights and stuff

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Good Junkrats are good.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyColdbloodedOpossumKlappa

3 minutes later he also managed to escape a teamfight with like 30 hp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Mephisto's passive should just randomly send out murder ghosts with no warning to hit the enemy team across the map