Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

E: fittingly enough, judging what's comedically appropriate is not one of my better skills.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

you deleted it

:rolleyes:

S.J. fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 18, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

:chloe:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

guessing someone got a little too excited for the nezha deluxe reveal

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What was the reward for watching the dev stream? I left it open but not sure I got it...

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
Devstreams don't have Twitch drops.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Malek Deneith posted:

I was so happy when I saw that Gift of the Lotus is a Shotgun Riven. I love my shotguns, maybe I'll get something good...

...oh.

I can barely hit headshots when standing :shepicide:

if you have limbo, use his skill that freezes a bunch of enemies, headshot them point blank, so as soon as you unfreeze the shots will hit them, then jump in the air, hit your aimglide, and unfreeze. They'll all die instantly from headshots. It does take a bit of timing, but the hardest part is working out what level enemies will not be instantly killed by being rifted, but still die to a single headshot (start at around level 30 iirc?)

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Limbo stasis doesn't freeze bullets anymore.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Do a void defense and shoot down the long approach with any gun at all.

That's the secret to the "3 headshots in 1 aimglide" condition.

The last time I had that condition I got it with the very first shot I fired.

it is trivial.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I got an Astilla riven from the alert and a Strun riven from sortie.

today is shotgun day and I am pleased.

I am also out of kuva.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the harrow farm is much more tragic

It's true. Not in front of my PC atm but harrow is the one with part that drops from Kuva Fortress Spy, right? I've run that poo poo like 40 or 50 times and no loving luck.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

BeAuMaN posted:

It's true. Not in front of my PC atm but harrow is the one with part that drops from Kuva Fortress Spy, right? I've run that poo poo like 40 or 50 times and no loving luck.

The Neuroptics drops there, but the Systems is what gives most people fits since it's in Defection rotation C and fuuuuuuck that.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Got a Corinth riven with +80 something crit damage so, uh, yeah guess I'm using that for a bit.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Helter Skelter posted:

The Neuroptics drops there, but the Systems is what gives most people fits since it's in Defection rotation C and fuuuuuuck that.

I got lucky... think I got that one of third try? fourth? That spy mission though... pago... gently caress that bullshit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Malek Deneith posted:

I was so happy when I saw that Gift of the Lotus is a Shotgun Riven. I love my shotguns, maybe I'll get something good...

...oh.

Do you have a Penta? Blowing up the grenade above the enemy usually causes mass headshots.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Well, guess I get to crack out Frost and rebuild my powerset for this.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Malek Deneith posted:

...oh.

I know a lot of people have already given you tips but one thing I don't think was mentioned is that you can use the air vents on Jupiter to keep yourself in the air permanently. You'll have to get used to bouncing up and down a bit but I've gotten two of these mods so far and doing that made it much easier.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Synthbuttrange posted:

Do you have a Penta? Blowing up the grenade above the enemy usually causes mass headshots.
Penta is not a shotgun.

Arca Plasmor, though...

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
Thanks for the plethora of good ideas people. In the end it was low level defense+zephyr+patagion+corpus kindly sending a dropship straight over the target giving me target rich enviroment that cracked the thing (tried eidolon shooting before that but apparently my idea of where the... thing's... head is doesn't quite align with what the game thinks).

Considering slash penalty this will need re-rolls but hey, I'm not complaining. Tigris riven is a tigris riven.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tigris has minimum disposition so unless you get a completely perfect roll it is unlikely to be worth using.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Limbo stasis doesn't freeze bullets anymore.

...bugger! That was the one and only thing I used Limbo for anymore!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pipski posted:

...bugger! That was the one and only thing I used Limbo for anymore!

Does make Limbo’s 1 and 3 more dangerous and useful, though. Now you can shoot rifted, paralysed targets outside the Cataclysm bubble from inside the bubble.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Does make Limbo’s 1 and 3 more dangerous and useful, though. Now you can shoot rifted, paralysed targets outside the Cataclysm bubble from inside the bubble.

Using 1 would require you to leave the bubble (and thus the rift) first and using 3 would require you to wait for the enemies to enter the cata and then waiting for cata to shrink enough for them to leave cata before it does anything.

Those two skills are incredibly shittily designed and IMO better off not touched unless you want to do something extremely specific.
3 in particular is incredibly good at leaving unnoticed stray enemies in the rift that gently caress over both you and your team.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

So are the new Amp parts any good?

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
4 prism is really good, 4 scaffold is bugged to do x3 damage it's supposed to do right now, but it's known and will be fixed, 4 brace is crapola. 423 is the new dolon amp that people are switching to.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The actual best way to do aimglide rivens is to use Zephyr. Stand still on the ground and hold down 1 until the circle finishes filling, then when you release it you'll launch into the air and float in place for like half a minute and can aimglide for the full duration without moving. It makes it completely trivial.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is the riven you get affected by the weapon you use to unlock it?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Nope, entirely random. Enjoy your sentinel shotgun riven!!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Nope, entirely random. Enjoy your sentinel shotgun riven!!

That’s actually kind of reassuring - means I don’t have to equip crappy/awkward, unpopular weapons to get good mods.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Pubbies pulled me through my first eidolon fight, I couldn't make sense of anything when the shield restorers went in, too much glowing crap on my screen, and got me enough sentient cores to let me get to level one with the quills, enough to learn that I now have to farm and fish and mine the plains, literally, and I just wanted to play a spaceninja game.

I'm not saying I should get those shiny amps for free, I'm saying I should get the materials by doing spaceninja poo poo. I wouldn't even really mind a tea ceremony minigame instead of fishing.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 18, 2018

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Well you can also just do spaceninja poo poo to earn plat and buy fish and the like from other players :)

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I guess I'm going to do that.

Also, fighting the eidolon itself was pretty fun, I guess there's something redeemable about those plains.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

The actual best way to do aimglide rivens is to use Zephyr. Stand still on the ground and hold down 1 until the circle finishes filling, then when you release it you'll launch into the air and float in place for like half a minute and can aimglide for the full duration without moving. It makes it completely trivial.
Unless it's for 6 Dargyns pilots before they hit the ground while aimgliding.

I'm going to try wandering round the plains and finding them before they take off, rhinostomp with max duration, and then seeing if I can hit them while aimgliding using patagium.

E: nope, rhinostomp just kills them. gently caress it, I'm selling it.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 18, 2018

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Magus42 posted:

Well you can also just do spaceninja poo poo to earn plat and buy fish and the like from other players :)

can you buy pyrol yet

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

***A Children's Treasury Of Warcrimes***

Today at the children's treasury, let's discuss Umbra Mods. What are they, what can they do for you? Why do all of the top builds on WFBuilder suddenly need 5 extra forma?

What Are They?
Umbra Mods are a set of mods you will get, half levelled, for free from The Sacrifice quest line. They have a special umbra polarity, which currently only matches the polarity on the Umbra Excalibur you get from that quest as well. They are kind of power-intensive, costing 16 power each and giving basically the same stats as the regular vitality and steel fiber mods, when used individually, though the Umbral Intensify is almost 50% better than standard Intensify, by itself. But here's the thing about the Umbral Mods- their set bonus makes them all more powerful. And it scales up really hard.

Umbral Fiber- Alone, 110% armor. 2 Set Mods, +137.5% armor, 3 Set Mods, +192.5% armor.
Umbral Vitality- Alone, 440% health. 2 Set Mods, 550% health. 3 Set Mods, 770% health.
Umbral Intensify- Alone, 44% Power Strength, 2 Set Mods, 55% Power Strength, 3 Set Mods, 66% Power Strength.

What Can They Do For Me?

Practically speaking, any build that benefits from having some amount of health/armor and some amount of power strength, is going to be better off fitting these mods instead of the regular ones. However, because you can't set umbra polarities with forma and these suckers cost 16 power each, you can only reasonably equip 2 before you have to start cutting mod slots. Sometimes that's okay, sometimes you are better off fitting other stuff. Umbral Intensify is so good you might as well slot it on any frame that currently uses Intensify, and eat the forma cost for that extra 14% power strength.

Here are some builds from the treasury to demo what these mods can do for you.

Mesa Before: https://goo.gl/9rnv5F
Mesa After: https://goo.gl/xkYEvQ
Explanation: A 2-set UI is the same +PStrength as TransFort without the -30% duration malus. I dropped Quick Thinking and TransFort, replaced with Umbral Intensify and Umbral Vitality. Now Mesa has 700 more health, and her shield lasts 10 seconds longer. You can find these kinds of edges anywhere transfort and a survival mod are currently used.

Rhino Before: https://goo.gl/yr42aA
Rhino After: https://goo.gl/kELAJV
Explanation: Rhino here gains 80 more base armor and 30% more duration with no downside by doing the same kind of mod swap.

Umbral Nidus: https://goo.gl/ZuHkev
Explanation: Here's a Nidus using all 3 mods. Why not take 1600 base health and 1000 base armor?

Umbral Titania: https://goo.gl/Zayyw3
Explanation: 800hp and 630k sustained DPS in pixie form.

Umbral Valkyr: https://goo.gl/mxwLv9
Explanation: More survivability, better duration for a longer Warcry.

Dropped stretch for augur secrets on Mesa.

:staredog:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

I tried this but I couldn't see anything because Zephyr's body was blocking the reticle.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ssmagus posted:

4 prism is really good, 4 scaffold is bugged to do x3 damage it's supposed to do right now, but it's known and will be fixed, 4 brace is crapola. 423 is the new dolon amp that people are switching to.

i don't think this is everyone's position because I've read "rip 423" more than once, but I dunno. x23 for dolon, prism of your choice, as always. some people just like the 4

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I do not have the patience to forma a frame upwards of 6+ times for an unnecessary power boost to my already unstoppable hellframes. I'm still holding out for DE to let us forma in the actual umbra polarity.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

aegof posted:

can you buy pyrol yet

ok maybe not all of it...heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the unrevealed wisp frame should have exactly one power. when you enter the plains, you use the power and automatically collect every wisp on the map. it would still be more useful than limbo.