Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Eltoasto posted:

Wait really? That must have been added in since I last played it.

They go by The Bureau, they're just another faction in game but it's fun when they visit and are impressed by those gold statues that seem a little whiter than regular gold :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SodiumEnriched
Apr 19, 2016
Wow look at all these posts I bet tynan released 1.0 already and the mods are updating as we speak-

Oh.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Fperson1 posted:

Wow look at all these posts I bet tynan released 1.0 already and the mods are updating as we speak-

Oh.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Fperson1 posted:

Oh.

Welcome to Something Awful. You must be new here.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

AG3 posted:

Welcome to Something Awful. You must be new here.

Sup fellow “reg date older than Rimworld Discussion Maturity level” poster

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Man, the naked and afraid start is a huge challenge. I love it.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
It's super hard to make any progress on, but super rewarding to make any form of progress at all.

"Woooo I made a prison shack so now my one dude can do everything AND look after a loser who won't pull their weight."

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Man, the naked and afraid start is a huge challenge. I love it.

Yeah I am working on one now and finally getting some footing after like 3 seasons of just barely surviving, it's fun.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I had one where the pawn only survived by the grace of a chocolate cargo drop. Then she made friends, the colony started to grow, some wandering pigs taught them the magic of refrigerated corpses, and then everybody died to a raid.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This loving thread. I've been away from the game long enough that I forgot how you all randomly have breakdowns every few months.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

counterfeitsaint posted:

This loving thread. I've been away from the game long enough that I forgot how you all randomly have breakdowns every few months.

Well I didn't eat at a table and this place is disgusting, can you blame me for going into a posting tantrum?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Eltoasto posted:

Well I didn't eat at a table

I'm sorry for all the suffering you've had to put up with :(

Bill Curtis
Sep 14, 2004
Ask me about cheap Estonian sluts

Eltoasto posted:

Well I didn't eat at a table and this place is disgusting, can you blame me for going into a posting tantrum?

give this man some drugs

or cut off his legs, whatever

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I need a mod that lets settlers huff chemfuel.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
How about a mod that lets bears huff chemfuel? Although I suppose one would be the other with the way rimworld works.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need a lot where the bears grow their own devil strains, and then get all hopped up on good balls and knock down your sand castle. You have to raid their farms.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I'm actually really surprised animal surgery isn't a thing. I know there are mods for it, but it should be trivial to add to the base game since 95% of the functionality is there already for human surgeries.

(I just want to make my own cybernetic polar bears.)

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
That's a good point actually, I wonder if Tynan wants you to view animals as expendable assets instead?

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Turtlicious posted:

I need a lot where the bears grow their own devil strains, and then get all hopped up on good balls and knock down your sand castle. You have to raid their farms.
I'm sure there's a bear people mod out there somewhere

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I think he'd be mad if he added it in as vanilla, people would then get mad that their full bionic super turtle got wasted by a dude with a shiv.

Then they'd want the animal armor mod to be native. Which would require a FULL rebalancing of the game without it. WITH it the game just is insane.

I've played colonies with upwards of 60+ wargs. If I gave even 10 of them bionic stuff that's a huge time and resource investment to be lost to droppodding pirates or mechanoids.

Besides, harvesting pachyderm legs and stapling them onto a cat will NOT be possible ever as a means of restoring mobility to the cat, and he tries to keep some semblance of realism, kinda.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wait that's a point, why isn't there a mod that adds body parts to other creatures, and makes them entirely interchangeable with human ones while giving them bionic-like properties?

So you can lop the arms off a bear and then stick them on a brawler, for +40% melee damage -40% work speed.

The infrastructure is already there with Scyther blades, it's literally just the content.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Aug 19, 2018

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

There was a Rimworld genesplicing mod that was sorta similar

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This could be a game that lets me have a panther-bear-man uppercut a deep one with a minigun while wearing a set of medieval plate armour.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can do that in b18

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
He's a man bear pig.

Half man.
Half bear.
And half pig.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fperson1 posted:

Oh.
:same::smith:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

This could be a game that lets me have a panther-bear-man uppercut a deep one with a minigun while wearing a set of medieval plate armour.

Get Beastman Tribes, Genetic Rim, and Medieval Times.

Have fun!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And the cthulu mod

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Big old bug infestation spawned in the caves north of my base and grew quite prolifically. I was attempting to kill it properly by building up a cooler wall and freeze everything in the cave to death, but tons of megaspiders and megascarabs causes the game's pathfinding code to seize up after a while (not entirely sure--I don't know if there's some sort of internal resource monitor to try and figure out what subroutines eating CPU cycles, but the bug mob seemed a likely culprit). Gave up after a sequence of the game either deadlocking after 20 minutes or reloading to try and unstick it, only to trigger sudden bug aggro for no apparent reason.

It's extremely cathartic to finally just turn on debug mode to quite literally debug the map with repeated use of the spawn explosion tool.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fire is generally the preferred way to kill them, much easier than building lots of fridges.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Dudes last name is frost, he's biased as gently caress

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

McGiggins posted:

Dudes last name is frost, he's biased as gently caress

lmao :discourse:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Game could definitely use some kind of glitterworld entropy grenade that lowers temperature like fire raises it.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

Big old bug infestation spawned in the caves north of my base and grew quite prolifically. I was attempting to kill it properly by building up a cooler wall and freeze everything in the cave to death, but tons of megaspiders and megascarabs causes the game's pathfinding code to seize up after a while (not entirely sure--I don't know if there's some sort of internal resource monitor to try and figure out what subroutines eating CPU cycles, but the bug mob seemed a likely culprit). Gave up after a sequence of the game either deadlocking after 20 minutes or reloading to try and unstick it, only to trigger sudden bug aggro for no apparent reason.

It's extremely cathartic to finally just turn on debug mode to quite literally debug the map with repeated use of the spawn explosion tool.

You're on the right track. Each additional pawn exponentially scales the job giver's workload. I believe it is less of an issue with animal pawns that can't be controlled, but 1000 chickens will still put a damper on your performance.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
I just added a bunch of mods and started a new colony, and now my game crashes about every 30 minutes. Is there a better way to find the problem other than disabling each mod individually and running the game for a while?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
not really!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Tiny Bug Child posted:

I just added a bunch of mods and started a new colony, and now my game crashes about every 30 minutes. Is there a better way to find the problem other than disabling each mod individually and running the game for a while?

I'm pretty sure you can activate some kind of debug logging that should at least point you in a direction, assuming it's one of the mods directly causing an issue and not something putting the core game in a freaked-out state.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Loving my current colony with the dinosaur mod.

I landed on a mountainous beach and put my colony in a nice corner, well defensible from raiders.

Except it turns out there is a small chunk of space that functions as the southern entrance, so raiders come in basically on top of me.

I throw down 2 granite doors and dig a long pathway through the mountains for raiders to take instead of going through the doors. But then I realize all the animals are spawning there too. Lots of dinosaurs. So now whenever their is a raid, I send some poor bastard with an Uzi to fire into the dino crowd and then hide. The raiders attack the manhunter dinosaurs triggering more animal revenge. Soon the raiders flee and I wait for the manhunters to fall asleep or bleed out. Then I collect the loot and precious meat.

Also as a side note I love the Android mod. The Android printer require 20 nutrition (20 meals), 20 components and a lot of plasteel. Whenever I need a new Android I Huck a raider corpse or three in there and then it gets to printing. Still waiting for the Androids to collapse screaming about ghosts, past lives or voices not their own talking to them. So far so good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Donkringel posted:

Also as a side note I love the Android mod. The Android printer require 20 nutrition (20 meals), 20 components and a lot of plasteel. Whenever I need a new Android I Huck a raider corpse or three in there and then it gets to printing. Still waiting for the Androids to collapse screaming about ghosts, past lives or voices not their own talking to them. So far so good!

The Androids are really nice but I kind of hate how the printer lets you basically customize a tailor-made super-ideal colonist. I switch between using that and the other Droids mod, with the five tiers of androids, which is kind of underpowered for what it is - you use a bunch of plasteel and even an AI core and get a colonist with no skill higher than 4 and a passion for Growing :/