Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Rat posted:

gently caress that, go all the way and go G17L with a G26 chop job :getin:

edit: whoa, somebody went and did it

Why have a CCW size mag with a barrel of that length? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

EBB posted:

Why have a CCW size mag with a barrel of that length? :psyduck:

Comedy.

I’ve never figured it out either.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I could get maybe a finger and a half on that grip if I'm lucky, that would be a pretty interesting thing to fire.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Honestly I’d like to try it w a Glock 40

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

gently caress that, go all the way and go G17L with a G26 chop job :getin:

edit: whoa, somebody went and did it

this is an affront to god

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Thinking of selling my never fired ar15 for a Ruger PCC in 9mm glock to cut down on calibers / mags

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You could try a kriss vector to use Glock mags.

Gotta admit those kriss's in 10mm carbine really interest me.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i have super long fingers that make shooting anything smaller than a sig 226 annoying because they just do laps around small grips

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

not caring here posted:

You could try a kriss vector to use Glock mags.

Gotta admit those kriss's in 10mm carbine really interest me.

can you get a mp5 in 10mm because that would be an amazing silenced carbine platform

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

what if they made mp5 that took Glock mags

I don't think the Glock mag Aug ever went into production

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

that would be a crime because gun design peaked at straight stick mag mp5s

glock mag mp5 would be a perversion as the mag would be angled wrong

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Smiling Jack posted:

I don't think the Glock mag Aug ever went into production

Yeah, the company canned it before going into bankruptcy I think. I was excited enough for it that I bought three 33 rd Glock mags for it too :(

I still want a pistol carbine, but there's drawbacks to all the available ones. Keltec seems kinda primitive, hi point is single stack for some god drat reason. The Ruger PCC seems interesting, I really want a bullpup pistol carbine though.

And what's the hype behind 10 mm? It seems like it doesn't do anything 9mm, 40 s&w or 45 can't do better.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Syrian Lannister posted:

Honestly I’d like to try it w a Glock 40

Glock missed an excellent trolling opportunity by not making the Glock Model 40 in 22lr.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Slim Pickens posted:

And what's the hype behind 10 mm? It seems like it doesn't do anything 9mm, 40 s&w or 45 can't do better.

200gr JHP @ 1250fps.

Get hosed, every other auto cartridge.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, .357 magnum oomph with .40 capacity. It's pretty snazzy, but some people find it a bit much in a handgun, seems ideal for a carbine.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Except with a carbine you can just use 5.56

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

can you get a mp5 in 10mm because that would be an amazing silenced carbine platform

You can but they're uncommon and expensive. I don't think any of the ones made by HK are transferable.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Internet Wizard posted:

Except with a carbine you can just use 5.56

I dislike your common sense.

For reals though if you are stuck with indoor ranges pistol calibers make sense

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

So today I took the new shotgun (Beretta 1301 Comp 21" barrel) out to 3-gun. First time shooting it. Observations:

1. I need a tighter choke. It came with an IC and it wasn't dropping steel or flipping the spinner as well as Bloodshot with its 18.5" with IM choke.
2. The shotgun chest rig that I got dropped rounds a few times while running.
3. I need to slow the hell down, cause just because it's a semiauto doesn't mean automatically faster stage times.

Also the gel seals on the right earcup of my Sordins blew out and for a half hour before someone told me, it looked like Gumby had busted a nut all over the side of my head.

At least I smoked the all pistol stage pretty well!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Is that the new Beretta that just came out.or the older model?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I got the newer one, but in the comp lineup, there's not a huge difference outside of the serial number being relocated. (Used to be just above the loading port, now is above the trigger. This way it's easier to hog out the loading port if you want to.)

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Welp here it is with the Magpul kit on it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The furniture looks good but that sight and Remington’s safety is so bleh.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The Rat posted:

Welp here it is with the Magpul kit on it.

I can't wrap my head around how you're supposed to place your hand/finger(?) around that little thingamajig underneath on the front part. Does your whole hand go in front of it, or do you you thread the thing between your hand or something?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

The furniture looks good but that sight and Remington’s safety is so bleh.

Yeah I'd honestly prefer some kind of rifle sights or ghost rings, but there's no easy way without some gunsmith mods. Something like this would be nice: https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/217452-beretta-1301-rear-sight-install/

(It's a Beretta though, you think I'd ever buy a Remington product? :v: )

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I can't wrap my head around how you're supposed to place your hand/finger(?) around that little thingamajig underneath on the front part. Does your whole hand go in front of it, or do you you thread the thing between your hand or something?

Whole hand in front of it, that way it gives somewhere for the bottom of your hand to pull back against.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Then maybe don't buy a trap gun for 3-gun, scrub :dukedog:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

How is it a trap gun? Beretta markets it deliberately for 3 gun.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/1301-comp/

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

just lol if you don't do 3 gun doomguy style with sxs break open

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

You are like little baby. Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcnmXHA7Cx8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Slim Pickens posted:

Then maybe don't buy a trap gun for 3-gun, scrub :dukedog:

What kind of philistine shoots trap and doesn't use a break action?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The vented rib and fiber optic bead said trap gun to me, but 21" barrel length not so much. Why didn't they at least tap for ghost rings or rails then, isn't that what dudes usually run in 3-gun? :shrug:

e: looking into it a bit, apparently not. Personal preference skews toward a bead it looks like.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 23, 2018

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Not really, I was the odd ball out for using ghosties on my Mossberg. (And for using a pump gun in general.) Most guys, especially the more serious ones, use fiber optic fronts.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2016/08/15-shotguns-for-elite-3-gun-competition/

E: dang it, posted before I saw your edit

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

3 gun with a pump action shotgun, a semi auto shotgun and a sxs break action shotgun.

also blast trap music while doing it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does that mean you have to run slugs through the sxs and the semi or pump? I'm assuming the sxs is a sawed-off to fit the pistol category here.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Speaking of short shotguns, I tried one of those Mossberg shockwaves and it cured me of any desire to buy one. The grip is angled to such a degree that you can't one hand it, and if you can't do that, what's the point?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Slim Pickens posted:

Does that mean you have to run slugs through the sxs and the semi or pump? I'm assuming the sxs is a sawed-off to fit the pistol category here.

dress up as the DOOM guy and punch the judge that disqualifies you.

also punch any target you miss.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

just punch every target and the judges

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

EBB posted:

RIP AND TEAR every target and the judges
ftfy

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Baring RIPPING and TEARING what would be the best load out to run a 3 gun as a doom guy??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
sawed off coach gun, chainsaw and BFG or LMG I guess if you need something that currently exists, whatever