Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Mister Facetious posted:

But you agree that in principle, nothing is preventing it from working, yes?

At that point they'd just make a new game, which is exactly what they seem to be doing:

The Kins posted:

From a January IGN interview:

Skip ahead to June, when a bullet was put in the whole concept in favor of a Switch-specific title in the series:
https://twitter.com/cvxfreak/status/1011530607220781056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So like 2 weeks ago I posted that I was going to get a set of Joy Cons for my wife, and then the Hyperkin Pupper controller. My wife likes dogs and it was essentially free after eBay's 15% off coupon I used. They asked for my impression on the holder since it angled the joycons inwards.

I played last night with this to test it out. I used Mario Odyssey's Darker Side (the extra long challenge map) to test it out. That drat level took me 3 days to finally beat, and last night I beat it on the second try with this controller (the drat section with the respawning spiky on the moving platform killed me the first time). I wouldn't say it makes me better, just that I learned how to beat each section.

Overall, the controller is fine. I don't really notice any difference in the controller when I'm holding it. It didn't strike me as more or less comfortable to have the Joy Cons angled inwards. Buttons were as easy as every to hit, no problem with the joysticks or the shoulder buttons.

The dog face stickers are lame. When one is on, you can't even see the tongue!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mister Facetious posted:

But you agree that in principle, nothing is preventing it from working, yes?

The principle being "a new game can be created for the Nintendo Switch"? Yes, yes that is absolutely possible.

Can MHW be brought over to the Switch? No, absolutely not.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is hyrule warriors a game made for ants

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You gotta think that Capcom must have torn out their hair exploring every possible option to get Monster Hunter World on Switch before coming to the conclusion that they couldn't. At least you get a nice enough consolation prize with Generations Ultimate.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You ant be serious.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

The Kins posted:

Skip ahead to June, when a bullet was put in the whole concept in favor of a Switch-specific title in the series:
https://twitter.com/cvxfreak/status/1011530607220781056

Specifically it says World's multiplayer would be impossible on the Switch, which leaves little hope for a port.

Edit: Unless in this case マルチ is short hand for multiplatform instead of multiplayer, but that would be a new one for me. Possible though. In that case it's just more generally "the switch can't handle it"

Modus Pwnens fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 18, 2018

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Norns posted:

No it couldn't. Stop talking out of your rear end plz and thanks.

It absolutely could, because Monster Hunter World works on this thing. Imagine if they'd bothered to optimize it, instead of making a game that stutters on a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X in Performance Mode.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

You gotta think that Capcom must have torn out their hair exploring every possible option to get Monster Hunter World on Switch before coming to the conclusion that they couldn't. At least you get a nice enough consolation prize with Generations Ultimate.

Capcom is extremely loving lazy so they probably checked how much ram mhw needs to run and said no

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mega64 posted:

You ant be serious.

Everything is so tiny, I can barely read the text and telling the icons apart is a challenge

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I am disappointant.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Kurtofan posted:

Is hyrule warriors a game made for ants

In portable mode the game is basically taking the "console mode" version of the game and down-scaling it.

I don't normally call developers lazy, but it's pretty loving lazy.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 18, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Op must have dhalsim arms

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

It absolutely could, because Monster Hunter World works on this thing. Imagine if they'd bothered to optimize it, instead of making a game that stutters on a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X in Performance Mode.

“bothered to optimize it”

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pro performance mode is really pretty decent ime. Not pc smooth but theres jack poo poo for cpu power in console and the game is running like 100 ai at once

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Real hurthling! posted:

Pro performance mode is really pretty decent ime. Not pc smooth but theres jack poo poo for cpu power in console and the game is running like 100 ai at once

Yeah Monster Hunter is pretty decently optimized.

Not like MGS5 levels but pretty good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Runs pretty poo poo on a base PS4 though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Andrast posted:

Runs pretty poo poo on a base PS4 though

Totally

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I stopped playing monhun 4u on the 3DS cause those controls were awful. This new monhun on switch feels soooo good. :D

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Wildtortilla posted:

I stopped playing monhun 4u on the 3DS cause those controls were awful. This new monhun on switch feels soooo good. :D

Valor style is super crazy.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Andrast posted:

“bothered to optimize it”

One of the highlight of the threads is the armchair developer commentary.

Obviously Capcom is just lazy and doesn't want to port the best selling game in the history of their company. Those comments from the developers who actually created the game, saying the Switch lacks the power necessary to handle the game is just an excuse because they don't want to lower the graphics or do some other totally easy thing to just make it work. :allears:

e: and MHW runs at 504p in that video (on an $800 novelty item). Yeah I'm sure Nintendo and Capcom would both be happy with gutting the thing to sub-HD graphic quality while still potentially having problems with the world simulation.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 18, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, Capcom usually pulls out all the goddamn stops for Monster Hunter. It's their biggest gotdang moneymaker.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, Capcom usually pulls out all the goddamn stops for Monster Hunter. It's their biggest gotdang moneymaker.

Yeah they don't treat it like hot garbage like Street Fighter

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Remember when Street Fighter V installed a rootkit? Capcom is not the developer deserving of good faith.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Serenade posted:

Remember when Street Fighter V installed a rootkit? Capcom is not the developer deserving of good faith.

Though it’s weird to focus on the product that they seemed to have done fairly well with

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sam Faust posted:

Valor style is super crazy.

This has basically been my experience with the demo (having not played Gen at all coming in).

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

One of the highlight of the threads is the armchair developer commentary.

Obviously Capcom is just lazy and doesn't want to port the best selling game in the history of their company. Those comments from the developers who actually created the game, saying the Switch lacks the power necessary to handle the game is just an excuse because they don't want to lower the graphics or do some other totally easy thing to just make it work. :allears:

The PC version does some pretty wacky poo poo that results in poor performance on a lot of machines so it's probably fair to be skeptical when they say something is impossible

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Kurtofan posted:

Everything is so tiny, I can barely read the text and telling the icons apart is a challenge

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition renders the game in 1080p in both docked and handheld mode so text looks super-tiny in handheld mode, unlike Fire Emblem Warriors.

Chalk it up to the original HW being a Wii U game compared to FEW which was made with the Switch in mind.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: and MHW runs at 504p in that video (on an $800 novelty item). Yeah I'm sure Nintendo and Capcom would both be happy with gutting the thing to sub-HD graphic quality while still potentially having problems with the world simulation.

To be fair, gutting the thing to a ridiculous resolution is basically what the people making the Wolfenstein II comparisons are asking for, since that game only wishes it could hit 504p consistently.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Port witcher 3 to switch in wireframe mode 240p

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Came to complain that I just got my first crash in Gungeon as I was going to the next floor with some nice drops (only the second, but I haven't even gotten father than that yet) but I booted it up again and it had saved my progress. Nice work!

Going through the same thing I did when I first got my Switch and it became a $300 Stardew/Darkest machine instead of Mario and Zelda; now it's all Gungeon instead of Octopath.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Spartan Sandals are the only way I can play Dead Cells now, especially when they have elemental effects. Kicking a guy through a door so hard that he bursts into flames and sets the enemies in the next room on fire too is just... so good

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Real hurthling! posted:

Port witcher 3 to switch in wireframe mode 240p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4sG21EKGxw

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'd absolutely play that

I watched that video muted so can only guess as to what obnoxious jokes they make but loving lol at basically the entire second half where they make sure to show off the low-poly sex. Gamers....

Knorth fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 19, 2018

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Don't fight crystal guy 2 until you've finished the game

Oh I already beat him. Took a couple tries is all because I kept jumping into the beam like a moron. When I finally stopped jumping at everything I didn't get hit at all :v:.

As for my current map uh, would this work.
Nearing the end game map

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Knorth posted:

I'd absolutely play that

Yeah that actually looks pretty nice in a stylized psuedo-indie way. I wonder how it performs on weak hardware.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Oh and here’s Monster Hunter World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zKWJqi0yj0

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 19, 2018

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

my first crash in Gungeon
Happened again after resuming that run on descending after the second floor boss but also was able to resume without a problem. Update this morning must have borked something, y'all might want to hold off if you see it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d rather Capcom just make a Monster Hunter that’s exclusively made for Switch with all the QOL and gameplay changes of World rather than just trying to port it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’d rather Capcom just make a Monster Hunter that’s exclusively made for Switch with all the QOL and gameplay changes of World rather than just trying to port it.

Same. People asking for a port are toolbags

• Locked thread