Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
You guys looking for a baze counter in GW? Turn-meter-loaded Stormtrooper Han.

You're welcome. :c00lbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chilichimp posted:

You guys looking for a baze counter in GW? Turn-meter-loaded Stormtrooper Han.

You're welcome. :c00lbert:

Until hegets tagged with a dispeller like DN, CLS, or... what's that guy's name?

Baze

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Defiance Industries posted:

Until hegets tagged with a dispeller like DN, CLS, or... what's that guy's name?

Baze

Surely you missed the TM loaded part.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
LOL Embo is showing up in deployments with 4* requirement.

Never change CG!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Burning_Monk posted:

LOL Embo is showing up in deployments with 4* requirement.

Never change CG!

for the last light side territory battle we had 5 ship platoons require 5* sith fighters mere days after it came out

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chilichimp posted:

Surely you missed the TM loaded part.

What does that have to do with it going away the first time someone with a dispel pops him? Just buff block Baze and you're fine.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

What does that have to do with it going away the first time someone with a dispel pops him? Just buff block Baze and you're fine.

Because you pop it and attack baze and his counter into STH feeds your whole team TM until you kill him, then it’s a 4 on 5.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If you're having trouble with beating Baze when you can load TM on a whole team, you have bigger problems than trying to get a 4 on 5 situation going. Just throw a buff block on the dude and go about your day.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

If you're having trouble with beating Baze when you can load TM on a whole team, you have bigger problems than trying to get a 4 on 5 situation going. Just throw a buff block on the dude and go about your day.

"oh drat, you're right... oh well, the thing you're talking about doesn't matter."

~moonwalks outta dere~

:rolleyes: Good take, my dude. This is a strong tactic for beating the GW node 12 Baze problem that every single player can use every day.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Do you not have Poe? You should really have Poe.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I didnt realize it was GW, that makes more sense then because 99% of other instances of 'turn meter loaded' its referring to the other team, not your own

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Do you not have Poe? You should really have Poe.

He's the fasted toon in the game, who DOESN'T have Poe? loving android players, that's who.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

No he isn't. He's not even like tenth fastest.

What he does have is buff block.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I looked at my Phoenix team, and holy poo poo their mods sucked. Not that I think thats going to help me complete the Thrawn event, it should help. I've also switched out Sidious for Thrawn in my arena team and honestly, I don't think there's any real decrease in their effectiveness.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
How good do Troopers need to be to beat the Probe Droid special? I still can't do it with G10 Veers and Starck, G11 Snow, and G12 DT and Shore. Zeta on Veers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

How good do Troopers need to be to beat the Probe Droid special? I still can't do it with G10 Veers and Starck, G11 Snow, and G12 DT and Shore. Zeta on Veers.

That should be able to do it. Mod them for chrissakes

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

UmOk posted:

I run g11 zveers, g11 snow, g11 shore, g10 starck, g12 dt. You should be able to piss through that mission I know I do. Everyone got their omegas? What are your mods like?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I did IPD mission with G10 zVeers, G12 DT, G11 ShT, G10 Starck, G10 Snow

They have ok mods but nothing spectacular. Speed arrow on all and a decent speed set on DT.
Only wave 2 should pose any kind of trouble. Kill ColdHan first, then Leia. Time your death mark so it doesn't get immediately dispelled.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

I have been struggling to stay under 500 rank in arena for a while now - basically have just been running Pheonix, and now that virtually every other team is EP lead, I can't really compete. Do I have anything in my box that I could cobble together something a bit more robust?

https://swgoh.gg/u/nostrum/

Thanks!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

forbidden dialectics posted:

I have been struggling to stay under 500 rank in arena for a while now - basically have just been running Pheonix, and now that virtually every other team is EP lead, I can't really compete. Do I have anything in my box that I could cobble together something a bit more robust?

https://swgoh.gg/u/nostrum/

Thanks!

How close are you to a zeta? Looks like you have a good start on an EP team yourself with ep, DV, thrawn, TFP. For a 5th Boba would probably work until you get GMT up. Just need a zeta on the ep lead

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

How close are you to a zeta? Looks like you have a good start on an EP team yourself with ep, DV, thrawn, TFP. For a 5th Boba would probably work until you get GMT up. Just need a zeta on the ep lead

I'm 19/20 on zetas, do I zeta his leader ability or crackling doom?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

forbidden dialectics posted:

I'm 19/20 on zetas, do I zeta his leader ability or crackling doom?

Palpatine leader ability, I'd save up mats and zeta it asap, then put your best speed mods on DV. Ideally you want your DV to go first every round. Should set you up well for squad arena

You can even try that now without the ep zeta. The zeta is what makes the ezpz turn meter train work, but phoenix is pretty bad in squad arena at the moment so it might be better anyways

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 18, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I'd recommend at least one tank otherwise EP's just gonna eat poo poo.

Gear that loving kenobi, guy!

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

You might also try Wiggs, Lando, Old Ben, and Thrawn. That should do some work on EZPZ teams that don't have a tank with pre-taunt.

EP DV Thrawn TFP and Boba is a good mid game team though and was what I ran all through the Maul/CLS metas to decent results. Lots of ability blocks and stuns to control the other team.

SgtMongoose fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 19, 2018

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Chilichimp posted:

I'd recommend at least one tank otherwise EP's just gonna eat poo poo.

Gear that loving kenobi, guy!

EP team doesnt really need a tank. If your DV goes first and everyone else has even semi decent speed mods you can get through entire matches without the other team making a single attack. Though that was with GMT that has turn meter reduction. I mean stormtrooper might be useful instead of boba. Im really not a fan of non empire/sith units for EP teams since the whole point is to keep the turn meter train going

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Other option is to go with a Bastila Jedi Team. You have everything but Hoda it looks like. Could do something like Shan/Old Ben/GMY/Ezra/General Kenobi

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

EP team doesnt really need a tank. If your DV goes first and everyone else has even semi decent speed mods you can get through entire matches without the other team making a single attack. Though that was with GMT that has turn meter reduction. I mean stormtrooper might be useful instead of boba. Im really not a fan of non empire/sith units for EP teams since the whole point is to keep the turn meter train going

You need a tank if you haven't gotten the 2nd zeta.

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Other option is to go with a Bastila Jedi Team. You have everything but Hoda it looks like. Could do something like Shan/Old Ben/GMY/Ezra/General Kenobi

Or just keep kanaan and don't gear GK

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
So at what point are sion and nihilus ready for arena? Also who do you want to be fastest? In my old setup I wanted DV to be fastest so the force choke + blade would give everyone else turn meter, but going against other ep teams with sion/nihilus that would just give their nihilus a bunch of tm when force choke hits their sion

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

So at what point are sion and nihilus ready for arena? Also who do you want to be fastest? In my old setup I wanted DV to be fastest so the force choke + blade would give everyone else turn meter, but going against other ep teams with sion/nihilus that would just give their nihilus a bunch of tm when force choke hits their sion

Both are arena ready at G11 3*, they will die faster and Sion is obviously better for tanking at higher star count and g12, but they do work even at low star ranges due to their op abilities. Realistically you just need sion to survive long enough to tank some hits for DN and to give TM to DN by tanking said heads.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

You’re right about the vader speed in the dn/ds meta.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Chilichimp posted:

You’re right about the vader speed in the dn/ds meta.

So who do you want to be fastest then, thrawn for early fracture on sion? Or EP I guess for the stun

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

So who do you want to be fastest then, thrawn for early fracture on sion? Or EP I guess for the stun

If you’re using Thrawn you always want Thrawn to be fastest because he’s naturally speedy and will make whoever you want fastest.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
My sion and nihilus are only G10, but this plague nest team is real bad on defense even if it is amazing on offense, so I'm thinking about going back to ep team. Switching an entire teams worth of mods is so annoying I might just wait for the new system that lets us save sets though

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 19, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm really happy my Rebel team of Leader Wedge, Raid Han, R2, Lando and Biggs can clear a GW. That gives me 2 teams that can take that down. My FO team needs to be beefed up a bit, some zetas in there. Its both Kylos, Phasma, FOST and FOTP. I feel like working on FO Executioner and FOSFTP and putting them on the team, or FO Officer.

I am not sure who to make as a 5th for a Resistance team. I have Rey, BB8, Poe and Finn. Vet Han and Chewie don't have resistance keyword, so either I do resistance trooper or pilot, or Rose or Holdo.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

I'm really happy my Rebel team of Leader Wedge, Raid Han, R2, Lando and Biggs can clear a GW. That gives me 2 teams that can take that down. My FO team needs to be beefed up a bit, some zetas in there. Its both Kylos, Phasma, FOST and FOTP. I feel like working on FO Executioner and FOSFTP and putting them on the team, or FO Officer.

I am not sure who to make as a 5th for a Resistance team. I have Rey, BB8, Poe and Finn. Vet Han and Chewie don't have resistance keyword, so either I do resistance trooper or pilot, or Rose or Holdo.

Res Trooper is absolutely needed for a res team, holdo can be good but I'd go for res trooper first

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

FOX owns, drop Phasma for him
RT is the core of any good resistance team, so deffo get him up

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Groovey. I'll work on them. I;m not a fan of FOX being a cantina, because I am still grinding away at Vet Han, and whenever thats done, Vet Chewie

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

Do you have R2? If so, I'd go with him. Otherwise, yeah, Res Trooper.

Also, get a zeta on Finn's leader ability ASAP.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
There are two solid resistance teams foundations:
Jtr, r2, bb8, srey
Finn, poe, rp, holdo

You can send RT with either team (he uses his special w jtr, his basic w finn unless he needs to dispel), and the final spot could be rose, but it's probably better to send a different toon like GK for either or another droid with bb8.

If you dont have enough for both teams, r2 is the first one to poach for finn, and holdo works well w jtr.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
JTR core is JTR/R2/bb8
Zfinn core is Finn/Poe/RT/RP

The floaters are scav, holdo, rose, with scav and holdo being best paired with JTR and that kinda just leaves rose, I guess with zfinn.

But also... tons of poo poo works with JTR that isn't resistance.