Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

Like someone else pointed out in the thread the only good part of this feud is when Roman throws a hissyfit the next night on RAW bitching about how he deserves another shot.

This is the part I want to see if Brock goes over on Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Seems like it would definitely be a good business decision to have your current champion fighting their current champion to make it seem way more important than it actually is

Wrestling fans that don't watch MMA except when there's a crossover will eat that poo poo up especially if it's (in their mind only) belt vs belt

Someone mentioned it in another thread but after the victories Vince has had with the TV deals, draining CM Punk of hundreds of thousands and making him lose his best friend even indirectly, and throwing Meltzer under the bus with his whole roster on social media - maybe his luck will hold and somehow Brock will win and the XFL will be a success.

Edit: Only then can Vince actually die

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 17, 2018

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Seems like it would definitely be a good business decision to have your current champion fighting their current champion to make it seem way more important than it actually is

Wrestling fans that don't watch MMA except when there's a crossover will eat that poo poo up especially if it's (in their mind only) belt vs belt

Someone mentioned it in another thread but after the victories Vince has had with the TV deals, draining CM Punk of hundreds of thousands and making him lose his best friend even indirectly, throwing Meltzer under the bus with his whole roster on social media - maybe his luck will hold and somehow Brock will win and the XFL will be a success.

Only then can Vince actually die

Well hell. I never really thought about it like that. They get the exposure from the current WWE champ fighting "The baddest man on the planet" and if Brock somehow wins? Well that's huge. If not, well Roman was gonna beat Brock anyway and maybe the fans won't cheer loser Brock Lesaner.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah there's almost no chance Brock will beat Cormier but in the very small chance he did? That's going to cap off one hell of a year for Vince and his cronies for their personal victories. We know how badly Vince wants to be seen as a legit and mainstream sports guy.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Girding myself for another Brock win by thinking about how the crowd may crap all over this and for how WWE will try to justify Roman getting another title shot. The main event scene is in limbo because we can't get past the point of Roman beating Brock.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Chris James 2 posted:

Lanza's broken a fair amount of scoops, and Dave and rovert each said weeks ago the plan at that point was Brock winning and Reigns getting the big win over Brock at Mania. This is by no means far-fetched, and it's entirely possible the only thing that changes day of is how much F5s Reigns kicks out of before the one that puts him away

Then they'll delay it to the next WM, then the next one, and the next one etc

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

fatherofmustard posted:

Then they'll delay it to the next WM, then the next one, and the next one etc

Vince will never die but Roman has to eventually

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Accident Underwater posted:

Vince will never die but Roman has to eventually

The year is 2162. Robo Reigns comes out to boos at Wrestlemania. Behind the scenes Vince's head in a jar scowls and says we will crown him at Wrestlemania 2163.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Brock’s going over and Braun’s cashing in on him, duh

I mean, the match’ll last a couple of minutes and Braun’ll eat some suplexes b/c it’s Brock Lesnar, but I am confident that Braun’ll win if he cashes in

(that, or he’s cashing in on either Styles or Joe, whoever wins the WWE title)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If they kept the belt in deep freeze until the UFC event on Brock would it really matter though? They've made sure the belts don't really matter so as long as he defends it a few times before then is anyone really going to care if it doesn't change hands?

Seems like Roman is the bigger problem than Brock and the belt.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Venomous posted:

Braun’s cashing in

Was wondering when I'd see something mentioned that's somehow unlikelier than this nightmare ending anytime soon

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
They must think only Roman can main event because if you want to push Roman over Lesnar eventually but need Leanar to go over someone at SS to look strong against Cormier...

Don't book Roman in that match!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Counterpoint, this means more months of "Well you see, technically, Brock didn't beat me because..."

that'll get roman over, everyone loves a pedantic rules lawyer

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Confirmed for Evolution, according to some fans in attendance tonight for Takeover is Trish Stratus vs Alexa Bliss.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1030938099864416256

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That is honestly perfect

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah, the inevitable YOU'RE AN OLD LADY takes from Alexa will be OK because she'll get her rear end kicked. (Right?)

Also probably means she'll be belt-less going in.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

That is honestly perfect

Yeah that kinda rules.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This probably means Alexa will drop the belt tomorrow, so, fuckin' aces.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't let nostalgia make you forget that Trish is a worse wrestler than Nia Jax though.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

Don't let nostalgia make you forget that Trish is a worse wrestler than Nia Jax though.

No she isn't. You're an idiot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trish Stratus in 22 years of wrestling never once hit her bulldog move without botching it.

Trish was awful. Lita was awful. Mickie's okay.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Their striking ability is about the same. trish could do a few more impressive moves but some of them looked bad. she had a lot more in-ring charisma and didn't look lost as often. they both set up spots real bad. though not several tiers away, i can't see nia as being on the same level, my friend.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Your Parents posted:

No she isn't. You're an idiot.

Alexa fans gotta spin the narrative in advance that the match quality isn't her fault, unless it ends up being good, in which case it's all on her

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in contrast to my last posting, i Suppose trish 12 years after her full-time career ended is a good candidate for being worse than nia.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Banner day for dumb screen leaks. Text from the script for a Summerslam preshow match was visible on the signs at Takeover

https://twitter.com/bookert2003/status/1030985640958197760

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Alexa fans gotta spin the narrative in advance that the match quality isn't her fault, unless it ends up being good, in which case it's all on her

Weird coincidence how everybody who wrestles Alexa Bliss is really bad.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Is Brock still going over tomorrow?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I hope Brock wins tomorrow (he won't)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good wrestlers have good matches even with bad wrestlers, like how John Cena had a good match even with Shinsuke Nakamura.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Chris James 2 posted:

Banner day for dumb screen leaks. Text from the script for a Summerslam preshow match was visible on the signs at Takeover

the text in those graphics has always been random snippets of html from wwe.com so i wouldn't put too much stock in this

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Someone in the thread already found the source, it was from 2015. The "random code" that the Takeovers use is always like advertising server JavaScript and wwe.com and such. Got a kick out of the person who thinks a CSS class of red-arrow means that Neville is returning though, and it's not just... a red arrow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says the current planned Evolution main event

is Ronda/Nikki Bella

Says Vince thinks that match will get them the most mainstream attention for the show

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
So you're saying they're putting on an all-women's PPV for attention and not actually trying to progress women's wrestling

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Putting this in here just in case, but Dave says there are actual plans in place for Asuka (a push I guess), and they are considering turning her heel as well.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave says the current planned Evolution main event

is Ronda/Nikki Bella

Says Vince thinks that match will get them the most mainstream attention for the show

It's extra funny because Vince is right

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

The women's division is finally equal to the men, now they're also giving up main events to part-timers

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's called the Women's Revolution because they're turning back around to what women's wrestling once was.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I like how the two possible options for Japanese wrestlers are “we have nothing for you” and “you are evil because Japan”

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The people – and I'm one of them – who wanted the 4HW showdown saved for Survivor Series just Monkey's Paw'd themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
It's honestly all on you guys for thinking that a Vince run women's wrestling PPV would be good