Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did VG Close the Poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 1 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Gonna enjoy laughing at taffer when OG go 0-2 for series on the main stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Gonna laugh at ya'll when EG do the same

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Concurred posted:

uhh one of the last games had Meepo, Arc Warden, Lycan. can't remember which game it was but it was pretty entertaining

Newbee Secret tiebreaker

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

huskar sucks, miss my jolly sacred warrior

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OG somehow eliminating EG would still be the funniest possible outcome so I'm for that

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/peterpandam/status/1030999356667658241?s=21

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

did ppd get hacked?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

he tweets like that all the time, you just have to gauge how much of it is sincere and how much of it is him just doing a schtick

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
Having watched OG's games, Ceb and n0tail are, surprisingly, the best performers overall.

Ana and Topson have had a few good games but some just awful performances. n0tail really has been the most consistent.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Taffer posted:

Thoroughly lolling at the idiots who call EG NA or American. A Canadian, a Pakistani American, an Israeli, a Swede, and a Dane.

America :911: :911:

Wasn't sumail born in America?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

ILL Machina posted:

Wasn't sumail born in America?

naw - he moved to the US from Pakistan in 2012

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Majestic posted:

Having watched OG's games, Ceb and n0tail are, surprisingly, the best performers overall.

Ana and Topson have had a few good games but some just awful performances. n0tail really has been the most consistent.

...what? Topson and Jerax are clearly the best players on the team. Ana has been ok when they don't give him Centaur.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zurreco posted:

...what? Topson and Jerax are clearly the best players on the team. Ana has been ok when they don't give him Centaur.

Jerax is so loving good

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

i wish you had a coach

for betting

drat that was a sick burn. It's true as well I bet everything on Pain :negative:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Zurreco posted:

I think it's an accurate statement. Topson and Jerax are really flashy, but topson is very inconsistent and jerax really only shines on specific heroes. Notail is boring but he always delivers consistent support.

Andrast posted:

Jerax is so loving good

this, however, is 1000% true. Jerax's plays on WW and ES during the groups were stunning

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Have we seen any topson skywrath in groups yet? I always catch him on tiny.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Why the hell is the first round of lower bracket Bo1?

ILL Machina posted:

Have we seen any topson skywrath in groups yet? I always catch him on tiny.

Very first game they played had Topson on Skywrath but it didn' t do too well.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Aug 19, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Arzachel posted:

It's the punishment for sucking so much that you end up in the lower bracket

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They should have got rid of the loincloth.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Arzachel posted:

BO1s rule bitch

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!

Zurreco posted:

I would have expected them to be, but there's no way Topson is playing as well as either Ceb or notail so far at TI. He's had a few games where he's looked amazing, but he has been incredibly inconsistent. Ana has had a lot of really questionable deaths also. I haven't really seen Ceb or n0tail have a bad game yet.

It's noteworthy precisely because you'd expect them to be the two weakest players on the team. Jerax is 100% the best player on OG, but across all three days n0tail has still been the more consistent support. That being said, his WW was absurd.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the huskar remodel looks like it's from a different game.

this reads like a trump tweet.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

the huskar remodel looks like it's from a different game.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Yep. Valve!

But a PGL employee is not an official. It's like Tiger Woods asking a random course security guard "hey can I use a second ball on this hole" instead of a rules official.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

My favorite part of this is how they said VGJ asked a "PGL Employee" about having a second coach, as if Valve isn't paying them to be there and enforce the rules, similar to the role of an employee. Very good blame-shift on that one

And even if it is an official, they enforced the rules incorrectly. Every sports league in the world will retroactively correct their referees incorrect decisions when possible (additional or rescinded yellow/red cards in soccer, upgrading flagrant fouls in basketball, etc)

schmitty9800 fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 19, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

guess he really is peepee d.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
So are they doing anything today or is the opening ceremony before the first games tomorrow?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Firebatgyro posted:

So are they doing anything today or is the opening ceremony before the first games tomorrow?

Today is media day.

Also I don’t get the hate in this thread over the ppd tweet, the guy’s team was on the brink of elimination last few days. Seems very genuine joy to me to make it to the upper bracket.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Accept na Dota into your heart

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

PPD is a gd lad

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

emdash posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xgx98GaJ4wRB0x-KGWnwomKjdSB2cFc_LOl43XMJePw

I was out most of the day again, so hit me with any recommendations

I recommend this go into the OP, near the top.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
which series was the mega creep comeback?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Today is pick up your tickets day

And organize the goonmeet day

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

funmanguy posted:

which series was the mega creep comeback?

TNC vs Serenity, namely game 2 https://www.twitch.tv/videos/298468820?t=08h16m56s

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was out all day yesterday but lol at Nahaz continuing to be a stupid bitch on twitter and apparently managing to piss off Valve. Just delete your loving account dude

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Reality Loser posted:

Today is pick up your tickets day

And organize the goonmeet day

Let me know where in the arena y’all wanna meet up. I’mma be doing media day poo poo

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Today is media day.

Also I don’t get the hate in this thread over the ppd tweet, the guy’s team was on the brink of elimination last few days. Seems very genuine joy to me to make it to the upper bracket.

People are actually hating on the tweet? loving lmao. Yesterday was a really good day for optic and it seems they finally found their groove in time at TI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I still have a mid week ticket available!