Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Call me a spurned last-season Evans owner, but I’m not picking up any shares unless it’s a ridiculous value, like 3rd round. I’m concerned about him not getting support from his QB or offense in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, waiver claims get processed tonight and Tuesday afternoon we lock waivers until 9/3 so that folks can go on vacation and not worry about grabbing players. It's first come first serve at noon on 9/3 but I'm thinking about who to grab tonight over a DST. Half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST

QB: Cousins
RB: Gurley, Ajayi, Hyde, Ronald Jones, Cohen
WR: AJ Green, Diggs, Jeffery, Sanders, Golladay, John Brown
TE: Eifert

So I have 1 open spot, and room for anyone else that I drop. With that in mind who would you pick up? Compelling options include Doug Martin, Michael Gallup, Ricky Seals-Jones, George Kittle, Keelan Cole, Antonio Callaway, Cordarrelle Patterson, Taywan Taylor, Nyheim Hines, Kenneth Dixon, Chris Ivory, TJ Yeldon, Chase Edmonds, John Kelly.

Just tossing a few names out there. I'm thinking Taywan Taylor might be worth grabbing given how he performed in Week 2, Michael Gallup makes sense given the lack of options in Dallas, any thoughts?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Okay, waiver claims get processed tonight and Tuesday afternoon we lock waivers until 9/3 so that folks can go on vacation and not worry about grabbing players. It's first come first serve at noon on 9/3 but I'm thinking about who to grab tonight over a DST. Half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST

QB: Cousins
RB: Gurley, Ajayi, Hyde, Ronald Jones, Cohen
WR: AJ Green, Diggs, Jeffery, Sanders, Golladay, John Brown
TE: Eifert

So I have 1 open spot, and room for anyone else that I drop. With that in mind who would you pick up? Compelling options include Doug Martin, Michael Gallup, Ricky Seals-Jones, George Kittle, Keelan Cole, Antonio Callaway, Cordarrelle Patterson, Taywan Taylor, Nyheim Hines, Kenneth Dixon, Chris Ivory, TJ Yeldon, Chase Edmonds, John Kelly.

Just tossing a few names out there. I'm thinking Taywan Taylor might be worth grabbing given how he performed in Week 2, Michael Gallup makes sense given the lack of options in Dallas, any thoughts?

Hines or Gallup. Go for the rookie boom or more likely bust.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Hines or Gallup. Go for the rookie boom or more likely bust.

Gallup over Taylor?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Gallup over Taylor?

With the tits questionable passing game, 2 WR's and a TE very much in front of him in that questionable passing game and the track record of rookie WR's lately yes. Gallup gets a pass because things are so dire in the Dallas passing game and my draft crush on him.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Draft for my main league was last night and I was helping run it so I got to spend zero time between picks looking at stuff or even hunting for sleepers.

How boned am I?

12 Team .5 PPR Keeper League
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE

1st: Bell - Keeper
2nd: M. Thomas
3rd: x
4th: Collins - Keeper
5th: D. Thomas
6th: E. Engram
7th: Big Ben
8th: x
9th: E. Sanders
10th: Jamaal Williams
10th: Cooper Kupp
10th: CJ Anderson
11th: Aaron Jones
12th: Jared Goff
13th: Chargers D/ST
14th: Theo Riddick
15th: Matt Breida
16th: Tyrell Williams

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Gallup over Taylor?
Nah, your first instinct was best. Go with Taywan Taylor. The Titans passing game will be better than Dallas' and Taylor could have a surprisingly large role in it.

Either that or gamble on RSJ or Kittle as a TE2. Eifert will need reinforcements.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have 3 taxi squad spots I can spend on deep sleeper rookies. I’m looking at Walton (Cinci RB) and St Brown (Green Bay WR). Anyone have a third I can stash?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

Nah, your first instinct was best. Go with Taywan Taylor. The Titans passing game will be better than Dallas' and Taylor could have a surprisingly large role in it.

Either that or gamble on RSJ or Kittle as a TE2. Eifert will need reinforcements.

I feel like Kittle and RSJ are unlikely to be drafted.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

With the tits questionable passing game, 2 WR's and a TE very much in front of him in that questionable passing game and the track record of rookie WR's lately yes. Gallup gets a pass because things are so dire in the Dallas passing game and my draft crush on him.

Titans had a questionable passing game because of that bullshit "exotic smashmouth" approach that is now dead. Taylor seems to have more first-team reps that anyone else, but is he really going to outperform Corey Davis?

I have no loving clue.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Alfalfa posted:

Draft for my main league was last night and I was helping run it so I got to spend zero time between picks looking at stuff or even hunting for sleepers.

How boned am I?

12 Team .5 PPR Keeper League
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE

1st: Bell - Keeper
2nd: M. Thomas
3rd: x
4th: Collins - Keeper
5th: D. Thomas
6th: E. Engram
7th: Big Ben
8th: x
9th: E. Sanders
10th: Jamaal Williams
10th: Cooper Kupp
10th: CJ Anderson
11th: Aaron Jones
12th: Jared Goff
13th: Chargers D/ST
14th: Theo Riddick
15th: Matt Breida
16th: Tyrell Williams

Where are your 3rd and 8th round picks? Lost due to the keepers??

Having DT and Sanders as your WR2 options is strange and will be frustrating for you unless Denver turns into some type of surprise offensive juggernaut. If one or the other has a big game in the early season, trade him.

The Big Ben pick was ghastly. He does have a good playoff schedule though (if you get there)

Your bench is full of guys who will not be startable unless there are injuries on the depth chart ahead of them.

There's little to like here, unfortunately. :(

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I feel like Kittle and RSJ are unlikely to be drafted.

Titans had a questionable passing game because of that bullshit "exotic smashmouth" approach that is now dead. Taylor seems to have more first-team reps that anyone else, but is he really going to outperform Corey Davis?

I have no loving clue.

FWIW Kittle was undrafted in my 12 teamer the other day, and I live in NorCal. His lack of name recognition and apparent brittleness has him totally off the radar.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have no loving clue.

He's 3rd in the pecking order at best competing with Dion Lewis and Rishard Matthews. I just don't see the volume with the Titans that there is potential for in Dallas. Granted Dallas isn't the best place to look for wr's but I'd take the shot at the top target than 3rd.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He's 3rd in the pecking order at best competing with Dion Lewis and Rishard Matthews. I just don't see the volume with the Titans that there is potential for in Dallas. Granted Dallas isn't the best place to look for wr's but I'd take the shot at the top target than 3rd.

Another vote to definitely take Gallup over Taylor. Don't forget Delanie Walker too.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
All fair points. I put Gallup on top.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Titans passing game is supposed to be more pass happy but I didnt see it in the extended look at the first team this week (I essentially ignore PS wk 1).

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Taylor has made a lot more noise in Titans camp than you are giving him credit for. Matthews is still recovering from his [REDACTED] injury so I'm not making any assumptions about his 2018 role anymore. He has missed valuable time with coaches installing a new offense. And Delanie Walker is now missing time with a toe injury. Meanwhile Taylor's skillset, especially his speed, seems to be a good fit for the new offense and he has gotten a lot of run with the starters. I want to see this team play before I make assumptions about target shares on this offense Things could easily shake out where Taylor is playing enough to be an upside WR3.

Gallup's circumstances give me too many flashbacks to guys like Zay Jones and Tajae Sharpe in prior years. The targets may be there for the taking but he's a mid-round rookie and if he's playing the most snaps on the outside, then he will pretty much be up against the best CBs on the other team every week. I have doubts.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Dammit conversations like this are why I hate fantasy football.

And love it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Well, I finally figured out my Dynasty Startup settings. Got 9-10 local dudes down, MIGHT need a couple of goons. We will see. Trying to keep it local. Also, dropped Contracts and did just Salary Cap instead. Kept running into problems with figuring out Contracts. Too complicated. Anyways..

Changes to the main stuff:

quote:

12 Teams
$50 Buy In
- 25 Roster Spots, 3 IR, 4 Taxi Squad
- Salary Cap (with drop penalties and annual increase)
- Year One Auction Draft (the week after next) to assign values and allow teams to build as they want to.
- NFL style Rookie Drafts + Free Agency Auction Drafts
- Salary Cap Space per Team = $1000 (free market assigns player values through Auction Draft)
- $400 per team FAAB waiver (Separate bidding money. Winning auction value for a player is that player's value against the cap)
------------------Starting Lineup-------------------
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
2 FLEX
1 Super Flex
15 bench
------------------Scoring Highlights-------------------
Lot of the typical scoring stuff, thennnn...
Passing TDs - 6 pts
Passing INTs - -2
Rushing/Receiving TDs - 6 pts
PPR - 0.5 pts
1st Downs to RB/WR - 0.5 pts
1st Downs to TE - 1 pt
40+ Yard TDs - 7 pts (1 pt bonus + 6 pt TD)
--------------------Payouts-------------------
1st Place - $250
2nd Place - $125
3rd Place - $75
4th Place - $50
---------------------Playoffs-------------------
- 5 Team Playoffs (3 Division Winners, 1 Wildcard Game)
- Consolation Pool Bracket for the 1.13 Rookie Draft spot (extra 1st round pick)

So, now that's out of the way...

How do I need to draft? Already prepping to overpay for Wentz & Ertz

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If it’s a super flex you probably want to go QB/QB in the first 2 rounds.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RCarr posted:

If it’s a super flex you probably want to go QB/QB in the first 2 rounds.

It's an auction draft. I'm gonna pay for Wentz for sure. Thinking I might just double dip with Watson and grab Rivers for cheap later on if possible.

Is there any apps or spreadsheets out there where I can input settings? I'm basically doing Scott Fish Bowl lite Dynasty with these settings.

Although, from what I understand, younger stud WR carry more weight in this format (Odell, etc)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We struggled really fuckin hard to find a dyno startup auction a couple weeks ago. Just do dyno startup rankings with tiers to get some sort of crutch.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Spoeank posted:

We struggled really fuckin hard to find a dyno startup auction a couple weeks ago. Just do dyno startup rankings with tiers to get some sort of crutch.

This poo poo is like the wild wild west of fantasy, isn't it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

89 posted:

This poo poo is like the wild wild west of fantasy, isn't it

I saw a superflex IDP auction dyno startup league signup making the rounds in my mutual followers on Twitter and I couldn't nope out harder if I tried

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
If I need some goons, would anybody be interested in joining?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

89 posted:

It's an auction draft. I'm gonna pay for Wentz for sure. Thinking I might just double dip with Watson and grab Rivers for cheap later on if possible.

Is there any apps or spreadsheets out there where I can input settings? I'm basically doing Scott Fish Bowl lite Dynasty with these settings.

Although, from what I understand, younger stud WR carry more weight in this format (Odell, etc)

Just as a note, RBs are gonna crush all other positional players in that scoring. You should bump WR PPR or PP1D (and TE as well) to make it more even. Offhand, something like 14 RBs had more firsts than any WR last season, many by a significant margin. For example, Bell had as many rushing firsts as KA (who leads WR) had total firsts, and then bell added 31 receiving firsts on top, for about 50% more. By the time you got to the sixth or seventh WR it was more like 20.

Also, note that MFL counts TDs as firsts as well, so adding a 40 yard bonus makes long TD receptions very valuable.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

QB: Brees is solid. Depending on where you drafted him it was value or a poo poo pick that was a complete waste.

RB: Howard is solid, Burkhead might be a concern but as a viable RB2 I can't complain, not a fan of the rest of your RB. James White might be insurance for Burkhead and could potentially be a flex, Booker I'm not sure about given Freeman, Perine is so bad that Washington is calling Jamaal Charles, Ware is a total wild card, Wilkins is great if Mack sucks, and gently caress if I know what to make of Prosise. I mean it's PPR so the pass-catching backs are geat, but this is a weak spot.

WR: Love Brown and Evans, Jones is solid and I like that you grabbed Golliday to back him up (although there's some risk they'll just eat into each other), Funchess isn't terribly impressive, I had to look up who Curtis Samuel was, and clearly you went crazy with RBs to make up for it.

TE: Reed and Eifert will either both be elite studs or die before they make their first catch. Good luck.

Appreciate the input. I took Brees in round 9 I believe. The players avaliable were pretty much poo poo so I decided to grab a QB and it was between him or Luck.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Brees in the 9th is good.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Does anyone besides Chris Harris enjoy the musical portion of his podcast

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

the_american_dream posted:

Does anyone besides Chris Harris enjoy the musical portion of his podcast

Presumably whoever made it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I enjoy them and the poo poo at the end because they give me something to fast forward through

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Zauper posted:

Just as a note, RBs are gonna crush all other positional players in that scoring. You should bump WR PPR or PP1D (and TE as well) to make it more even. Offhand, something like 14 RBs had more firsts than any WR last season, many by a significant margin. For example, Bell had as many rushing firsts as KA (who leads WR) had total firsts, and then bell added 31 receiving firsts on top, for about 50% more. By the time you got to the sixth or seventh WR it was more like 20.

Also, note that MFL counts TDs as firsts as well, so adding a 40 yard bonus makes long TD receptions very valuable.

Looks good to me. What do you guys think?

QB:

RB:

WR:

TE:

EDIT: I'm going to bump TE up 0.5 pts to give them a little more value.

89 fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 20, 2018

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

I mean Hyde would a lot higher if it wasn't for Chubb and Browns.

I'm bullish on Hyde. He's ran with the first team every game and has looked great. Chubb has looked pretty bad against backups.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm bullish on Hyde. He's ran with the first team every game and has looked great. Chubb has looked pretty bad against backups.

Chubb looked pretty good in wk2. Had some blocking, showed some patience, and nice bursts.

https://twitter.com/ffcouchcoach/status/1031213779072233472?s=21

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I only have time to participate in one league this year and didn't have the opportunity for any mocks beforehand. How did I do?

12-team, 1 PPR, drafting from the 7 spot
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K

QB: Carson Wentz (8)
RB: Ezekiel Elliott (1), Leonard Fournette (2), Mark Ingram (6), Jamaal Williams (10), C.J. Anderson (11), Jordan Wilkins (15)
WR: Jarvis Landry (4), Corey Davis (5), Robby Anderson (7), Kenny Stills (9), Tyrell Williams (12), Chris Godwin (14)
TE: Rob Gronkowski (3)
D/ST: Saints (13)
K: none yet

Very happy to get Zeke at #7 and then follow up with Fournette but I'm not used to being as weak at WR as I feel like I am. As long as I get decent production from them then hopefully my RBs can carry me, especially once Ingram returns. I don't have to make the decision for a few weeks but I feel like I'll end up dropping Wilkins for a kicker and maybe T. Williams for a QB if it turns out that Wentz isn't quite ready in week 1.

(Teams 11 and 12 weren't present so we crowd-drafted for them)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Corey Davis is fool's gold. Rest of it looks good, though. Zeke/Fournette/Ingram could be deadly.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
WRs really weak for a full PPR league, though if you're expecting Landry to meet or better his Miami numbers then that'll help

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

on the bored wop posted:

(Teams 11 and 12 weren't present so we crowd-drafted for them)

Pretty cruel of you guys to draft a QB in the first for both of them.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

sourdough posted:

WRs really weak for a full PPR league, though if you're expecting Landry to meet or better his Miami numbers then that'll help

Yeah, I was really hoping for Fitz or Hilton in the 3rd and things would've looked a lot better if I could've snagged one. I liked Gronk better as a consolation prize over guys like Tyreek, Robinson, or Tate so I don't feel like I missed out too badly by waiting and taking Landry in the 4th. I do have high hopes for Landry but I'm pretty biased in his favor because I had him last year and he was great.

RCarr posted:

Pretty cruel of you guys to draft a QB in the first for both of them.

It's sort of a running joke in this league that Rodgers always goes in the first. Not sure who picked Brady for team 12 but when you flake out on the draft at the last minute and don't provide any rankings or player preferences then poo poo happens :shrug:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Keeper question for y'all

PPR, 12 teams, bonuses every 100 yards. Pick two

Hopkins (kept in round 2)
OBJ (kept in round 1)
Thielen (kept in round 11)

Currently feeling that Hopkins and Thielen are best route to go.

Each team gets four total keepers but my other two are Gurley and DJ in the 4th/5th and they're easy keeps over all the WRs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

IcePhoenix posted:

Keeper question for y'all

PPR, 12 teams, bonuses every 100 yards. Pick two

Hopkins (kept in round 2)
OBJ (kept in round 1)
Thielen (kept in round 11)

Currently feeling that Hopkins and Thielen are best route to go.

Each team gets four total keepers but my other two are Gurley and DJ in the 4th/5th and they're easy keeps over all the WRs

Yeah, Hopkins and Thielen are the call. You get no value keeping Odell.