Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Slutitution posted:

Did SMG actually like The Last Jedi, or is he just trolling you guys?

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Slutitution posted:

One cannot "define" what SMG feels about a film. One can only experience it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Slutitution posted:

No, he didn't like it, he said so before, but that's no reason for him not to have a reading on it.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

By disliking TLJ SMG is now a member of the alt right

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Do they have members as such? Is alt right not more like a political/behavioural position rather than an actual club with fees and membership cards? Like the difference between sith and the dark side, I think alt right is just being on the dark side rather than being a sith. I dunno who is a sith.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Alt-right is more like the ugnaughts, pig-like beings who spend all their time grunting down in the basement.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Georgia Peach posted:

Alt-right is more like the ugnaughts, pig-like beings who spend all their time grunting down in the basement.

Seems legit: according to official Story Group canon, Supreme Leader Snoke was actually an Ugnaught who became their king by virtue of being really tall, like Invader Zim.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wheat Loaf posted:

No, he didn't like it, he said so before, but that's no reason for him not to have a reading on it.

Oh, so he's a fan of it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Nah, I think snoke is an elderly darth maul once he'd got over that whole awkward, juvenile heavy make up and body modification phase. We've already seen him glue himself back together somehow once, so snoke will probably return in the next movie again.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wheat Loaf posted:

Seems legit: according to official Story Group canon, Supreme Leader Snoke was actually an Ugnaught who became their king by virtue of being really tall, like Invader Zim.

Zim is very small. He’s a tiny thing.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hodgepodge posted:

He died upon looking into Kylos's mind and realizing that Jakku is Tantooine.

It's now time to argue that Dantooine is Tatooine back when it still had grass and water above ground

CelticPredator posted:

Zim is very small. He’s a tiny thing.

"I am a very tall midget."

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ue35ago3Y

So this is just a video game tech demo thing, showing off new tech in the upcoming GeForce GPUs...but its also a fun little skit and I wanted to share it with you guys.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Has it been approved by the Cannon Control Board?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
It's too bad they don't make Star Wars games anymore.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

euphronius posted:

Presumably you mean "Canon" and "The Story Group"...and no, this is pretty clearly just a fun little thing; not a canonical project.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Put canon in the cannon imo

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

jivjov posted:

Presumably you mean "Canon" and "The Story Group"...and no, this is pretty clearly just a fun little thing; not a canonical project.

You have to admit, the cannon control board has a large impact on future developments.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

SleepCousinDeath posted:

It's too bad they don't make Star Wars games anymore.

A Star Wars Dynasty Warriors game would be fun. If it's half as good as Hyrule Warriors.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Wheat Loaf posted:

This is very similar to the arc of the character named Zim in Starship Troopers who was played by the 6 '4"Clancy Brown.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

euphronius posted:

I assume this is what the canon calls that place in the Death Star next to the beam.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

Cannon Control Board?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

SleepCousinDeath posted:

It's too bad they don't make good Star Wars games anymore.

Fixed that for you.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

homullus posted:

Fixed that for you.

True, but they barely make any at all now. The Battlefront games (which are wildly disappointing) and some mobile games (one of which I actually do like) and that's pretty much it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Interesting taste in clothing, the Kaminoans have

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Daddy long neck is a model now?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

True, but they barely make any at all now. The Battlefront games (which are wildly disappointing) and some mobile games (one of which I actually do like) and that's pretty much it.

Have they redone Yoda Stories for mobile yet?

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/nytimesarts/status/1031884222661844993

lmao

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

There wasn't anything wrong with Rose Tico as a character

She was just in the wrong movie

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hm.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's still amusing to me how KMT still believes her career is - or ever was - in danger by internet trolls. If anything, her whining about them has boosted her career prospects in Hollywood.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Rose was a parody of Disney Star Wars fans just as much as Kylo is a "nerd" "school shooter" pastiche or whatever

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Slutitution posted:

It's still amusing to me how KMT still believes her career is - or ever was - in danger by internet trolls. If anything, her whining about them has boosted her career prospects in Hollywood.

Uhh not really, given she still has to contend with Hollywood.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
If the actress who played her sister had swapped roles none of this would have happened.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

If the actress who played her sister had swapped roles none of this would have happened.

Was that on the table or something?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

If all of Rose's lines were unsubtitled chinese it would have been a big improvement

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Imagine Stan Kelly at the corner of the post quipping, "Crisis actor!" while Rian Johnson leers through a window going :yeshaha:

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

lol at minorities being marginalized

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Was that on the table or something?

I doubt it, but it should have been. I mean cmon just look at them.

or 2?

Part of the director's job is making the right casting decision to stop something like this from happening. And now he has to do all this hemming and hawing over Twitter to (rightly) defend her when it could have all been nipped in the bud.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Slutitution posted:

Yes, it is undoubtedly true that Gamergate is the beginning and the end of racial discrimination for women of color attempting to perform a job. They are clearly her only obstacle to success. As evidence, note this extremely long list of Asian female lead actors from the pre-Gamergate era:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

I doubt it, but it should have been. I mean cmon just look at them.

or 2?

Part of the director's job is making the right casting decision to stop something like this from happening. And now he has to do all this hemming and hawing over Twitter to (rightly) defend her when it could have all been nipped in the bud.

"Make the right casting decision to stop something like this from happening"??

What the everloving gently caress is that supposed to mean?