Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“Okay, let’s go get Uncle Jack,” you tell Stacey and Jason. “I guess we’ll just leave Professor Shock here for now.”

You run back into the mall and pelt down the stairs to the storage basement. The door is held closed by a thick padlock. But strangely, it’s not locked. Jason pulls off the padlock and Uncle Jack steps out.

“Red built a monster robot!” you blurt. “And Professor Shock is taking a nap in the middle of the parking lot!”

“You don’t say,” Uncle Jack remarks.

You stare at him. How can he sound so calm? Doesn’t he understand what’s happening?

Uncle Jack smiles at Jason. “So you managed to give the professor the nerve pinch and put him to sleep. Excellent! Our plan is working perfectly,” he tells them.

You feel a sudden chill.

“What plan?” you ask slowly.

quote:

Stacey puts her hand on your shoulder. “Remember how Uncle Jack told you he built Red’s circuits?” she asks you.

You don’t like the way she’s looking at you. “So what?” you say and shrug her hand away.

Jason puts a hand on your other shoulder. “Well, that wasn’t quite true,” he tells you. “Actually, it’s the other way around. Uncle Red’s the one who built Uncle Jack.”

Uncle Red?

Stacey smiles. “And then Uncle Jack built Jason and me!”

You’re suddenly having trouble breathing. “You mean –“

“Yes.” Jason nods. “We’re cyborgs.”

“We used you to steal the remote from Professor Shock. We knew he’d come after it,” Uncle Jack explains. “We had to get him somewhere, away from all his gadgets, where we could neutralize him. You see, he’s the only person who could have stopped us.”

Your legs start to shake. You need to sit down. “You mean all this time, I’ve been hanging out with cyborgs?” you squeak. “Helping them?”

“Right,” Jason says. “As a reward, we’re willing to make you one of us. Isn’t that great?”

You? A cyborg? A mutant machine monster?

If you can’t beat them, join them. After all, they won, in

THE END.

Ah, the old "your friends and/or family were secretly monsters the whole time" routine, a time-honored Goosebumps classic.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings
Deformed hideously by traveling through a fun house mirror.
Trapped in an endless maze of mirrors.
Forced into service as the Queen's personal flatterer.
Stuck working off our debt to Professor Shock as a human remote control.
Transformed into one of the Queen's carvings.
Stuck chasing our reflections through an infinite series of mirrored ice cream shops.
Crushed to death by a giant from the other side of a mirror.
Devoured by flying sharks.
Trapped in a room full of mirrors with the only hint about how to escape removed.
Gored by a multiplying bull.
Learned too late that we accidentally activated a doomsday weapon.
Flattened by a pinball inside a giant pinball machine.
Crushed by a rapidly-expanding Walkman.
Forced to switch places with our reflection.
:siren:Discovered everyone else were secretly cyborgs and we accidentally helped neutralize the only guy who can stop them.:siren:

Achievements
Sideshow Survivor: Saw the Loreo and lived to tell the tale.
Jumping the Sharks: Escaped the school in the mirror world.

Our options posted:

• Return the remote to Professor Shock.
  • Escape out the back.
  • Break down the door.
  • Wait for Professor Shock to wake up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Just give the poor guy the remote back.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Does this ending lead to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Alright fine... Wake the mad doctor...

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Tied, next vote for returning the remote or waking Professor Shock wins.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
The more eccentric the professor, the more powerful their super-science. Wake the doctor

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You decide to give Professor Shock five minutes to nap.

But then the monster robot stirs into life. VROOM! VROOM! Its engines roar. It starts rolling toward you on its huge, steamroller feet.

“Yikes!” Jason shrieks. “We’re doomed!”

You shake Professor Shock’s arm. “Wake up!” you yell. “Tell us what to do! Time is running out!”

The old man’s eyes pop open. “Eh? What’s that?”

You point a trembling finger at the monster robot.

“Oh, that.” Professor Shock frowns. “All right, here’s the plan: You kids run to the fire substation in the mall. Turn on the water and bring the fire hose back here.”

Water? A fire hose? Does he really think that’s going to help against this giant metal menace?

But it’s the only plan you have. So you, Stacey, and Jason take off.

quote:

You and the twins dash through the mall, past the abandoned Kiddie Karnival. You find the emergency fire station at the far end of the first level. But the hose is locked behind glass!

“Stand back!” Stacey shouts. Grabbing a loose tile from the floor, she heaves it at the glass. It shatters.

You see the canvas fire hose and race back the way you came. “Turn on the water!” you shout over your shoulder.

You reach the parking lot just in time. The monster robot is after Professor Shock! It rolls after him, whacking at him with its giant bulldozer-shovel hands. Behind it, Red works the buttons on the remote control, laughing like a maniac.

The professor staggers around the parking lot, trying desperately to stay clear of the deadly shovels. He looks exhausted. You know he can’t keep running much longer.

Jason and Stacey come up behind you. “Oh, no! Poor Professor,” Stacey gasps.

“Hurry!” Professor Shock pants. “Turn the hose on the robot. Try to short-circuit it!”

The hose is too hard to hold alone. Jason and Stacey grab on with you. The three of you aim the water at the giant machine.

Will the professor’s plan work?

quote:

The spray of water hits the robot squarely in its TV-screen eyes.

FZZZTT! The giant screens explode. Bits of glass rain down on the pavement.

“All right!” You, Jason, and Stacey cheer like idiots.

But you forgot about Red. Water won’t stop him. And you’ve just made him very, very angry.

“You kids are really starting to bug me!” the cyborg bellows. “Time to deal with you once and for all!”

He jabs another button on the remote control.

And the monster robot turns toward you.

“Help!” Jason shrieks.

“No!” Stacey cries.

“Spray!” you yell at the top of your lungs.

You aim the water at the robot’s legs. Its arms. You soak every part of its metal body.

But bulldozers and steamrollers aren’t like TVs. They’re built to work in the rain. The monster robot keeps coming.

One huge bulldozer shovel looms over your head. The other is poised over Stacey and Jason. You know you’re doomed.

“Crush them!” Red cries.

And then –

quote:

And then... the monster robot freezes.

Its shovel hands are only inches from your head.

“What?” Red yells. He holds up the remote and punches buttons furiously.

Nothing happens.

You start to breathe again. Cautiously, you put the hose down and step out from under the shadow of the shovel.

Red is still jabbing at the remote. “Arrgh! I don’t believe it!” The cyborg screams. He hurls the remote control down on the pavement. It smashes into a hundred pieces.

Red sinks to his knees in the middle of the parking lot. “All my plans... my dreams...” he wails. “Ruined!”

“I don’t believe it!” you say.

The cyborg is crying like a baby!

Professor Shock puts a hand on your shoulder. “Well done,” he tells you. “We’re saved!”

quote:

You turn to Professor Shock in – well, in shock.

“What happened?” you demand.

“Was it the water?” Jason adds. “Did we short out the robot after all?”

“No, I don’t think so.” Professor Shock strokes his beard thoughtfully. “It was the remote. It stopped working.”

“But why? How?” Stacey asks.

“The batteries must have run down,” Professor Shock answers.

“The batteries?” you sputter. You just escaped being crushed by a bulldozer, and the human race just escaped becoming slaves to a cyborg, because the batteries ran down?

Professor Shock shrugs. “That’s right.”

Then he smiles.

“What’s so funny?” you want to know.

Professor Shock’s smile grows wider. “I was just thinking... Good thing I didn’t use Super-gizers!”

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

:siren:Goal Endings: 2/2:siren:

Bad Endings
Deformed hideously by traveling through a fun house mirror.
Trapped in an endless maze of mirrors.
Forced into service as the Queen's personal flatterer.
Stuck working off our debt to Professor Shock as a human remote control.
Transformed into one of the Queen's carvings.
Stuck chasing our reflections through an infinite series of mirrored ice cream shops.
Crushed to death by a giant from the other side of a mirror.
Devoured by flying sharks.
Trapped in a room full of mirrors with the only hint about how to escape removed.
Gored by a multiplying bull.
Learned too late that we accidentally activated a doomsday weapon.
Flattened by a pinball inside a giant pinball machine.
Crushed by a rapidly-expanding Walkman.
Forced to switch places with our reflection.
Discovered everyone else were secretly cyborgs and we accidentally helped neutralize the only guy who can stop them.

Achievements
Sideshow Survivor: Saw the Loreo and lived to tell the tale.
Jumping the Sharks: Escaped the school in the mirror world.

And with that, we're finished with The Creepy Creations of Professor Shock. Less creepy and more confusing, to be honest.

Next time, Stine takes a crack at telling a surprisingly gruesome vampire horror story. After throwing in a silly one about a vampire poodle to distract the censors, of course.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, that was certainly an experience.

Looking forward to a return to the traumatizing endings written for children.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

GIVE YOURSELF GOOSEBUMPS #15: PLEASE DON'T FEED THE VAMPIRE!

quote:

“I look like a nerd, don’t I? Like a complete nerd,” you moan to your friend Gabe. In the mirror you see your costume and wince. “Halloween is only a few days away. I’m doomed!”

You and Gabe have been best friends for two years. Gabe has long brown hair, wire-rimmed glasses – and a way of giving advice that sometimes bugs you.

“You do look pretty stupid,” Gabe admits. “Where did you get that costume, anyway?”

“It’s called Vampire in a Can,” you explain, holding up the cardboard can. “I bought it from Mr. Reuterly at Scary Stuff.”

“I don’t believe it!” Gabe slaps his forehead. “You bought a costume from the Eyeball Man? What if he took out his glass eye – right there in the store – and showed it to you?”

“He never takes out his glass eye,” you answer.

“Okay, okay,” Gabe says. “But your costume is still ridiculous. It’s just a set of plastic fangs, a cheap little black cape, and a fake tattoo of fang marks for your neck. Isn’t there anything else in the can?”

You pick it up and peer inside. “Hey, look!” you cry.

quote:

“What?” Gabe asks, looking interested.

“There is something else in the can,” you answer. You reach in and pull out a small plastic packet that was stuck to the inside. It looks like a ketchup packet.

“What is it?” Gabe moves closer.

“I think it’s fake blood,” you tell him.

“Really? Cool,” Gabe says. He picks up the Vampire in a Can box and reads the label. “That’s weird. It doesn’t say anything on the box about fake blood.”

Then you notice the writing on the packet.

In bloodred letters, it says DANGER – KEEP AWAY.

You hand the packet to Gabe. He reads the label and his eyes grow wide. “Are you going to open it?” he asks.

You gulp. The words on the packet are kind of scary.

But you’re dying to know what’s inside.

So? Are you going to open it?

If you open the packet, turn to PAGE 34.

If you don't open it, turn to PAGE 67.

Despite how it looks, this isn't one of those fake choices that's going to railroad us into opening the packet. Whether we open the packet here or not determines which story path we get.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 0/2

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Open it! Let's eat that not-silica gel!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Open it.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose
Blood! Blood! Blood!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Open it. Red Tide Pod Challenge, here we come.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Blood!

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Blood for the blood god

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Listen to the warning.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Mmm... pop rocks...

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Open that poo poo.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“Yeah,” you tell Gabe. “I’ll open it. Give it back.”

“Be careful,” Gabe warns. “You don’t want to squirt that gunk all over your cute little cape.”

“Thanks, jokeboy,” you grumble.

First you try to rip open the packet with your fingernails. But the plastic won’t tear.

Frustrated, you pull the fake fangs out of your mouth. Then you put the packet between your teeth and yank hard.

A syrupy liquid shoots out, spilling into your mouth. A tiny little bit dribbles out, leaving a red streak on your chin.

“Ummm. Yum!” you say, slurping up the liquid. It’s so good, you want to drink every drop. Quickly, you squeeze the rest of the packet into your mouth.

“What is that stuff?” Gabe asks, squinting at you.

“It definitely isn’t ketchup,” you reply. “But it’s excellent. I love it!”

“It’s gross,” Gabe declares, scowling. “It looks like blood. Real blood.”

“Blood?” you cry.

quote:

“No way that’s blood!” you say with a nervous laugh.

But your heart starts beating a little faster. Could it be? You remember scraping your hand last week and licking the wound. This stuff tastes the same.

Maybe. But right now you’ve got something else on your mind.

“I’m thirsty,” you declare, rushing to the kitchen. “I’ve got to get a drink.”

Gabe follows you, talking a mile a minute.

“If you didn’t swallow, spit it out,” he orders. “Gargle with mouthwash. Or maybe brush with peroxide toothpaste! Or do both!”

“Water,” you groan. “I’m so thirsty! I need water.”

You stick your mouth under the faucet to gulp from the tap. But as the water hits your tongue, you jerk away.

“Yuck!” you exclaim. “That tastes terrible.”

“I thought you were thirsty,” Gabe says, eyeing you strangely.

“I am,” you tell him. “But not for water. For... something else.”

quote:

You desperately thirst for... that red cranberry juice in the fridge. But when you sip some, you have to spit it out. It tastes lousy.

“I feel weird,” you moan. “How come the room got so bright? The light is killing my eyes.”

Before Gabe can answer, you race to your room at the back of the house. You close all the blinds. When Gabe catches up with you, you slam the door and turn off the light. You both stand in darkness.

“Maybe you’re coming down with the flu,” Gabe suggests, popping some bubblegum into his mouth.

You hope it’s only the flu. But you have a bad feeling...

You slowly turn and gaze into the mirror.

“No!” you cry when you see what’s staring back.

quote:

You stare into the mirror.

Nothing stares back at you.

Of course, that’s because the room is pitchblack. But when you snap on the desk lamp, your worst fear comes true.

You have no reflection. You’re not there!

Gabe peers into the mirror. He stops chewing his gum.

“Whoa!” he breathes. “What happened to you?”

You know what happened. You know why you have no reflection in the mirror.

You’re a vampire!

“You’ve got to help me, Gabe,” you groan.

“Yikes!” Gabe cries. “What’s happening to your teeth?”

“My teeth?” you say weakly. You touch your canines.

With a sickening shock, you feel them growing! Turning into long, pointy fangs!

“I’m so thirsty!” you moan. “For blood!” You stare longingly at Gabe’s neck.

“Keep away from me!” Gabe cries, stumbling backwards.

You want to, you need to – but can you?

Can you drink your best friend’s blood?

If you bite Gabe, turn to PAGE 87.

If you don't bite him, turn to PAGE 103.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
Here lies Gabe, he should have made better friends.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

See you later, drained jokeboy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kill that bitch

Also I love the idea of the protagonist freaking out because they have no reflection, realizing they forgot to turn the light on, then freaking out again.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ok, no reflection and we still look human so I guess we're neither Toreador or Nosferatu, good to know.

Drain Gabe so we can continue determining our clan by process of elimination. If he doesn't scream in pain, we can also rule out Giovanni though it will also lead to awkwardness.

EDIT: Wait. "Magic ketchup packet" is DEFINITELY something the Malkavians would pull. Aw, crap.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 23, 2018

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Is Scary Stuff a front for Umbrella?

It's absolutely amazing that our second choice is already whether or not to drain our own friend's blood.

Drink him

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I hunger.

This book hit the ground running.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

PumpkinBat posted:

It's absolutely amazing that our second choice is already whether or not to drain our own friend's blood.

Especially considering our first choice was whether or not to open a packet of syrup.

quote:

You gaze at Gabe’s neck as if it were a tasty milk shake. “I need some liquid refreshment,” you say, drooling.

“Get away from me!” he shrieks, taking off.

You run after him and corner him in the kitchen.

“I know what’ll stop a vampire,” he wheezes. He reaches into the freezer and pulls out...

A steak! Gabe rams the frozen filet mignon into your chest.

“You need a stake to kill a vampire,” you snarl. “That’s S-T-A-K-E, dope.” You reach for his neck again.

Gabe yanks out his bubblegum and jams it into your mouth. Smart move! By the time you unstick the gum from your fangs, you’ve come to your senses.

“Sorry, Gabe,” you say. “I lost my head.”

He accepts your apology. But you can see still doesn’t trust you. Not completely.

You bury your face in your hands. “What am I going to do? I’m a vampire! A cruddy, bloodsucking vampire!”

quote:

Gabe starts pacing around the room.

“The way I see it, you’ve got three choices,” he begins.

“Choice number one: Go back to where you bought this stupid costume, and ask the Eyeball Man to help. It’s his fault you’re a vampire, right? He sold it to you.”

“Maybe,” you agree. “But what if he can’t help? What else?”

“Choice number two: We do some research,” Gabe continues. “You know – rent a bunch of vampire movies. Read up on ghouls like you – no offense – at the library. Stuff like that. Maybe we’ll find out how to cure you.”

“That sounds good. But it might take too long,” you reply. “What’s my third choice?”

“The third choice is the most dangerous,” Gabe announces solemnly.

quote:

“What’s my third choice, Einstein?” you repeat.

“The third choice is to stay in your room and do nothing,” Gabe says. “Hide out and hope that this vampire thing wears off. But that’s dangerous because...”

“I know,” you interrupt him. “Because what if it doesn’t wear off? What if I can’t stop myself from biting someone?”

“So what are you going to do?” Gabe asks quietly.

“There’s a fourth choice,” you tell him.

“Huh? What fourth choice?” he asks nervously.

“Maybe being a vampire is way cool.” You grin evilly. “Maybe I should just go around biting people.”

You see a flicker of fear in Gabe’s eyes. And you love it!

Make a choice.

Choice #1: You go back to the Eyeball Man. Turn to PAGE 26.

Choice #2: You do research about vampires. Turn to PAGE 45.

Choice #3: You hide out in your room and hope the vampire thing wears off. Turn to PAGE 9.

Choice #4: You like being a vampire. Turn to PAGE 80.

I think this might be the most options we've gotten on one page so far.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Wow, this book is intense. A character laying out a detailed plan? Four options? Let's go all in and embrace our eternal damnation.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Let's end this quickly and accept our fate.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

:killing:

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose

Friend Commuter posted:

Blood! Blood! Blood!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rebonack7 posted:

“I know what’ll stop a vampire,” he wheezes. He reaches into the freezer and pulls out...

A steak! Gabe rams the frozen filet mignon into your chest.

“You need a stake to kill a vampire,” you snarl. “That’s S-T-A-K-E, dope.” You reach for his neck again.

This was funnier than it had any right to be. :allears:

Let's embrace our newfound Dracula-ness.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This was funnier than it had any right to be. :allears:

I do like that Gabe had absolutely no hesitation for murdering his friend.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose

chitoryu12 posted:

I do like that Gabe had absolutely no hesitation for murdering his friend.

In fairness, we were trying to murder him at the time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This book is great and we're only three choices in.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! Being a vampire is much better.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This book is great and we're only three choices in.

:agreed:

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 24, 2018

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“I don’t like that look on your face,” Gabe says, backing away from you. “What are you going to do?”

You give Gabe a sly smile. “I’m just going to have a little fun – as a vampire.”

“Are you nuts?” Gabe sputters. “You can’t do that! You can’t go around biting people and drinking their blood!”

“Don’t worry,” you tell Gabe. “I won’t bite you. But how about people we hate? Like Robbie Morgan? Or Mrs. Winesap?”

Mrs. Winesap lives down the block. She kept your Frisbee once when it landed in her flower garden.

Gabe laughs a sort of sick, weak laugh. “That old bat?” he says. “She is pretty mean, but...”

“Leave it to me,” you tell Gabe. “But right now, I’ve got to get some sleep.”

You glance around your room for a comfortable place to sleep. You finally spot one and climb into position – hanging upside down from a chin-up bar in your doorway. With your arms folded across your chest like a bat!

quote:

When you wake up a couple of hours later, the sun has set. A shiver of excitement runs down your spine.

You climb out your bedroom window and slip into the night. This will be a blast, you think. Vampires rule!

You slink through the neighborhood. Rats and mice meekly approach you. You are their master. “Cool,” you whisper to yourself. “I’m king of the rodents.”

Who will be your first victim?

quote:

You reach nasty old Mrs. Winesap’s house. You ring her bell. The door opens. “Who’s bothering me at dinnertime?” she demands crossly.

You open your mouth wide. Time for revenge!

Then the smell hits you. Mrs. Winesap has been eating garlic bread. Garlic! The downfall of all vampires! The reek makes you dizzy.

“If you’re here to get your silly Frisbee back, you can forget about it!” Mrs. Winesap snaps. She slams the door in your face.

You sit on her doorstep, heaving.

quote:

I’m such a loser vampire, you think.

You stumble from Mrs. Winesap’s house and walk aimlessly. In a daze.

When you look up, you find you’ve entered a cemetery!

And you’re standing next to an open grave.

You peer in. The grave is empty.

CRACK!

You hear a sound behind you.

Something tells you to get out of there – fast.

But the empty grave pulls you to it. Graves. They seem so cozy. So comforting. So homey.

The footsteps come closer.

Make a choice before it’s too late. Quick!

If you hide in the open grave, turn to PAGE 61.

If you stay and face whoever is coming, turn to PAGE 29.

We are the worst at vampiring.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
That grave does sound comfy. Let's take a dirt nap.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hide in the grave

Gabe is pretty loving brutal. It took no effort at all to convince him that murder is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You'll have to eat something other than garlic at some point, you old bat. :argh:

Hide in the grave.