Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

hhhat posted:

today's oglaf has a funny punchline

:nws:https://www.oglaf.com/redleather/:nws:

:kimchi: Awwww the monster has a little heart sprouting out of its head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Panfilo posted:

:kimchi: Awwww the monster has a little heart sprouting out of its head

She's just a FGLRAAAGHRTR in love..
She can't be held responsible for her actions.. (she's an eldritch horror!)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

How do I pronounce "Lledrod" without slobbering?

Ask Liam Dutton

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I heard some slobber, although it wasn't all that pronounced. I guess pllactill makell pellphect!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What absolutely stuns me about this clip every single time is that they have celsius temperatures in Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch. Like I'd totally not bat an eye if someone told me they used Kelvin or Caerbannog

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 07:52 on Aug 20, 2018

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

It stems from the need to know how hot will melt your cheese on toast. :eng101:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

lofi posted:

It stems from the need to know how hot will melt your cheese on toast. :eng101:

That's a rare bit of knowledge.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

AlbieQuirky posted:

:dadjoke: but combined with :vince:

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

You're good people

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That's about as good a pun as we're likely to see in our lifetimes.

Bravo.

Popeahuntis
Apr 10, 2009

AlbieQuirky posted:

Diolch

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

AlbieQuirky posted:

You beauty.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I need to catch up on the Flintstones comic, it's something else.

Do fan comics count?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I need to catch up on the Flintstones comic, it's something else.

Do fan comics count?

It's only like 12 issues long or something like that but it's really good. The Jetsons one was kind of meh. Scooby Apocalypse is either terrible or good and cool but I'm not sure which.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Is the world ready for an ultra gritty and grimdark Hanna-Barbera extended cinematic universe?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Is the world ready for an ultra gritty and grimdark Hanna-Barbera extended cinematic universe?

Hanna Barbera have been continually reinventing/recycling all their IPs since the 70s, they're desperate to stay relevant

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hanna Barbera have been continually reinventing/recycling all their IPs since the 70s, they're desperate to stay relevant

you shut your goddamn dirty whore mouth

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

you shut your goddamn dirty whore mouth

Rokay Shaggy :regd09:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Scooby Apocalypse is set in a world where humanity is transformed into monsters. except the gang. Velma created the nanomachines with her 1% brothers to try and help the world. They repurposed them for greed so she was whistle blowing which is why reporter Daphne and cameraman Fred were there. Scooby was a dog that was tampered with to try and make him smart and talk, it was kind of a success. Shaggy was an animal handler who bonded with Scoob and the other smart dogs. The gang didn't mutate because they were in the research bunker.

Also Scrappy is there and he's a giant hulking brute of a thing who goes on a murder rampage.

Recently Fred died and then there was a timeskip.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like we've got a lovely comic on our hands, gang

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Well sure the early issues are a bit rough, but just wait until the Yogi Bear and Snagglepuss crossover.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The Snagglepuss comic is about the social difficulties of being a gay playwright in the 50's.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Heavens to Murgatroyd!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Well sure the early issues are a bit rough, but just wait until the Yogi Bear and Snagglepuss crossover.

There's a backup story going on right now about Secret Squirrel where it turns out he and Morocco are actual animals brainwashed to think they're real people

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Hanna-Barberra comics are a bit hit-and-miss. Flintstones is pretty good, in that they're still a modern-stone-age-family, just that a modern family looks pretty different these days.

Scooby sounds... bad. I've not read it, but it feels like they're way too pleased with their alternate takes on the characters.

Snagglepuss is art.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Where does the Hair Bear Bunch come into all of this?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Len posted:

Scooby Apocalypse is set in a world where humanity is transformed into monsters. except the gang. Velma created the nanomachines with her 1% brothers to try and help the world. They repurposed them for greed so she was whistle blowing which is why reporter Daphne and cameraman Fred were there. Scooby was a dog that was tampered with to try and make him smart and talk, it was kind of a success. Shaggy was an animal handler who bonded with Scoob and the other smart dogs. The gang didn't mutate because they were in the research bunker.

Also Scrappy is there and he's a giant hulking brute of a thing who goes on a murder rampage.

what the gently caress this is an actual thing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby_Apocalypse

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

DC Comics has been publishing intentionally weird takes on all the Hannah Barbara properties basically in a hope that spurring internet discussion and creating dumb memes ("We committed a war crime, Barney") will somehow translate into people buying comic books.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It also produces good comics occasionally, Batman vs Elmer Fudd was also well received.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I just glossed over bits it gets even dumber.

One of Velmas brothers survived the plague and is holed up in his tower convinced the monsters outside worship him. His trophy wife he keeps drugged up to where she doesn't do anything except take drugs and be happy. She ends up sobering up and leaving him.

The place Fred dies is a mall they hole up in where there are two groups of monsters that fight every day and they breed every night. They're garbed in clothing from the ancher stores at either end of the mall and fight in honor of the store.

Oh and Scrappy has a one armed human as a pet.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Len posted:

I just glossed over bits it gets even dumber.

One of Velmas brothers survived the plague and is holed up in his tower convinced the monsters outside worship him. His trophy wife he keeps drugged up to where she doesn't do anything except take drugs and be happy.

poo poo, I didn't know Groverhaus was a Hanna Barbera property.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

NorgLyle posted:

DC Comics has been publishing intentionally weird takes on all the Hannah Barbara properties basically in a hope that spurring internet discussion and creating dumb memes ("We committed a war crime, Barney") will somehow translate into people buying comic books.

Crisis on Infinite Archies completely broke me. No more grimdark takes on my childhood saccharine nonsense for me :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

"We committed a genocide Barney" was both part of a story line that was a vietnam metaphor and vaguely related actual anthropology (our species coexisted alongside neanderthals for awhile and then we didn't).

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

NorgLyle posted:

Next week is Catwoman and Slyvester vs. Black Canary and Tweety Bird, plus Joker vs. Daffy Duck, among others. I can't wait.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LifeLynx posted:

Next week is Catwoman and Slyvester vs. Black Canary and Tweety Bird, plus Joker vs. Daffy Duck, among others. I can't wait.

I can't tell if you're joking. :geno:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Speedy Gonzalez beats the Flash and Superman in a footrace but only because the Flash filled some cheese with hot sauce and when Speedy ate it he was all "ay-yi-yi-yi-yi, dios mio!" and that made him faster?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Rather set the other two off on a frantic race for the bathroom making it a walkover win for speedy

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Len posted:

Zoinks! maybe like the real monsters,were us all along scoob!

Roh! Eat lead motherfuckers!

Edit: Wait were you being serious?!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Zoinks! maybe like the real monsters,were us all along scoob!

Roh! Eat lead motherfuckers!

Edit: Wait were you being serious?!

The mystery machine is an APC loaded with weapons.

The best thing it did was make Fred the damsel and Daphne the leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Flintstones comic goes about the best route in basically being brutal and absurd social satire from the perspective of building society from the ground up, with all the dirty and arbitrary bits of civilisation, politics, religion and capitalism involved. Though key thing is that it technically stays within the same context as the original show, it just looks at things differently.

Also, the Great Gazoo is actually pretty good in it.