Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah I guess my main concern is that there are so many premiere features jam-packed into Odyssey that every idea might come off as half-baked in the grand scheme of what they're trying to accomplish. AC games are already known for being absolutely massive, and Odyssey is promising the biggest world map ever, with a full Nemesis-style merc system, and a Brotherhood system, and naval combat, and two fully voiced protagonists, oh yeah and now there are branching dialogue paths with multiple endings. Even with over 400 developers working on this game it seems almost too good to be true. I hope the hype is real though because Bioware is basically dead at this point and beyond TW3 there hasn't been a good RPG of its type in many moons.

For some reason I thought Odyssey was a secondary game made by a different team while the Origins team worked on the follow-up but wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it's 100% going to implode under its ambition if it's promising that much

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The A Hat in Time announcement was neat but only if you're playing on pc. They announced what looked to me to be a pretty substantial single player content DLC with 2 new chapters, new modes, new challenges, new achievements, new power-ups and split-screen coop. Releases on PC only in a few weeks with no mention of anything for its consoles.

Tbh I love A Hat in Time a lot...but the devs seem to turn a deaf ear to its console market. I tweeted them a few times asking about the "completionist" hat which I couldn't find after 100%ing with no responses only to find out later it's PC-only for some reason. I found the ps4 version to be buggy with horrible frame drops that i once had to hard-restart my system for. I just feel kinda swept aside as a ps4 user by their team :(

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

beep by grandpa posted:

The A Hat in Time announcement was neat but only if you're playing on pc. They announced what looked to me to be a pretty substantial single player content DLC with 2 new chapters, new modes, new challenges, new achievements, new power-ups and split-screen coop. Releases on PC only in a few weeks with no mention of anything for its consoles.

Tbh I love A Hat in Time a lot...but the devs seem to turn a deaf ear to its console market. I tweeted them a few times asking about the "completionist" hat which I couldn't find after 100%ing with no responses only to find out later it's PC-only for some reason. I found the ps4 version to be buggy with horrible frame drops that i once had to hard-restart my system for. I just feel kinda swept aside as a ps4 user by their team :(

I wonder if it was ported by another company, most likely if their biggest issue was not knowing how to port it to the Switch.

They also said in their video that it's releasing for Switch soon, but that could either mean really soon or not at all. That's really weird about the hat.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Policenaut posted:

I dunno if anyone else ever followed this series here (I think Sanders?) but it feels weird and surreal to finally be playing Disaster Report 4. Cancelled after the Tohoku earthquake and IREM pulling out of console games, the people from that company making Granzella so they could keep making games, toiling for years making PlayStation Home minigame crap so they could buy the rights to the series, spent years hammering away at remaking a PS3 game on PS4, and now seven years after being originally cancelled it's coming out in Japan in October.

The demo for 4 Plus came out late last week on the Japanese PSN and I just gave it a whirl. You can tell it's obviously still a PS3 game they pushed up to PS4, and even on PS4 Pro it seems to run between 20-30 FPS with motion blur, but it kind of reminds me of that PS2 era where there were tons of "mid-range" games like this. I guess that's fitting because Disaster Report was almost entirely on PS2? It's a pretty short demo too, it's just a segment of the game's opening where you can customize the protagonist, explore the first little hub area, deal with some earthquake-related disaster stuff, solve a couple quests, and that's that. If you ever played the old ones on PS2, it plays just like those. There's a ton of dialogue trees like you talk to some people and get 9 different options of what you want to say, it's nuts. No localization confirmed yet however, which kind of makes me sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrBkyc8DEVY

I kind of want to import City Shrouded in Shadow, the survival game they made while also making this, because it looks like a wild ride with evangelions and ultramen and godzillas, but goddamn it's an expensive import!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY9b-UomLfk

If you find a cheap place to get this please let me know. I need this.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Fuzz posted:

I unfortunately got sidetracked by real life in the middle of my Yakuza 4 playthrough, and never got 5 for free for similar reasons. I don't even know where my PS3 is anymore, incidentally.

I just got Yakuza 6, however, and want to get back into it... anyone have a good recommendation for a YouTube Let's Play of 4 and 5 that is both relatively thorough but also isn't millions of hours long?

Just buy the remasters for PS4 when they come out, or don’t bother.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Man, Raw Danger was one of the coolest games to play on the PS2. Too bad these games will never get an English release.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

God of War new game+ is out y’all see yaaaaaa

Just under a gig

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Kilometers Davis posted:

tbh it’s everything I could want out of AC

The bad part is deciding if I wanna play as a hot babe or a hot hunk. The romance aspect really has me thrown for a loop.

I hope you can ignore the romance aspect completely

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

God of War new game+ is out y’all see yaaaaaa

Just under a gig

report back, I've been craving a replay.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

Oxxidation posted:

Nah. It'll have all that stuff and still be terminally bland because it is an Assassin Creed game.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

a bitchin jetski posted:

Nah. It'll have all that stuff and still be terminally bland because it is an Assassin Creed game.

yee

I just tried playing Origins again and quit out of boredom

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Red Warrior posted:

No saying the overall improvements in loading speed on a Pro often are close to those using an SSD in a regular PS4.

Oh right, totally misread your original post. Thanks for the input!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Didn't see anyone post this

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1031620927778316290?s=

👀

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

It's worth noting that a lot of these things are building on systems that Assassin's Creed has had before (like the whole Brotherhood system), or can reuse assets from Origins.

That said, I hope people aren't expecting too much from things like branching story paths and the overall Brotherhood system. I wouldn't expect those to be huge game-changers or anything. I expect that the best idea would be to go into Odyssey expecting to have an experience similar to Origins, and hope that the other systems on top are fun (if not deep, because I would not expect that at all) or, at the very least, don't get in the way.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

For some reason I thought Odyssey was a secondary game made by a different team while the Origins team worked on the follow-up but wow

There's no real "main" Assassin's Creed team, and they're almost always developed concurrently. It's likely that Odyssey has been in development since its team finished up Syndicate (which is the last game this team made).

That doesn't mean it'll be good, mind you, just that it probably had as much work put into it as Origins did. I don't know how engine development works for Ubisoft, but it's possible that this team has had more time to develop content and extra systems because the Origins team (and all its various outsourced teams) already made all the engine improvements and a ton of assets.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Odyssey is being made by the same core team that did Syndicate, and they said it went into development pretty much immediately afer that released in 2015.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Hmm I think we've seen all that gameplay before. I want to see what else they can show us

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

Didn't see anyone post this

Someone posted it but it didn’t get much attention. Probably because it’s by the developers of Bad Game Bloodborne 😎

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I didn't think there was a release date before other than Spring 2019 but I could be wrong

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Red Warrior posted:

No saying the overall improvements in loading speed on a Pro often are close to those using an SSD in a regular PS4.

I think that says more about using an SSD with a ps4 than it does about the pro.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Here’s the previous post

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I hope someone wants to talk ZOE2 with me for a day before this thread becomes the j jonah jameson thread (everyone's obsessed with Spider-Man and pictures of Spider-Man)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Why does my favorite video game keep getting sent out to die......

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

beep by grandpa posted:

I hope someone wants to talk ZOE2 with me for a day before this thread becomes the j jonah jameson thread (everyone's obsessed with Spider-Man and pictures of Spider-Man)

Me except Shenmue in 5 hours

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I bought zoe mostly for the metal gear and had a good time, remember being pissed i beat it in a weekend though

never seen a wiff of zoe 2 but id be interested to play it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ineffiable posted:

If you find a cheap place to get this please let me know. I need this.

It's not horribly expensive to import online but rather it's that money's tight for me these days, it's about a year old, and a used copy on eBay can go for around US retail price. I understand that no one can really afford to localize this because it has like Ghidora and Godzilla and Patlabor and all these crazy monsters and robots but dang it's kind of rough to pay that right now.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

honestly my dream would be some crazy loving Evangelion game. Not even Shinji/Asuka but some kind of crazy new take on it with new/old angels, customizable Evas, RPG elements, some insane story, etc.

and plus, if they started making it now, it would still come out before 4.0 :flaccid:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

beep by grandpa posted:

beep by grandpa posted:

Why does my favorite video game keep getting sent out to die......

You're one of my comrades; I'm so loving pumped to play through ZOE2 again in glorious 1080p/actual 60fps.

And forever bummed that ZOE3 will never exist.

:smith:

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Coughing Hobo posted:

You're one of my comrades; I'm so loving pumped to play through ZOE2 again in glorious 1080p/actual 60fps.

And forever bummed that ZOE3 will never exist.

:smith:

Resolution be damned, I get to sit in the Cockpit of my favorite robot ever in VR.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

How does Detroit: Become Human work with saving and loading? If you gently caress up a scene can you reload at a checkpoint or does it autosave everything like Until Dawn? How easy is it to replay stuff?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

How does Detroit: Become Human work with saving and loading? If you gently caress up a scene can you reload at a checkpoint or does it autosave everything like Until Dawn? How easy is it to replay stuff?

Its easy to replay. After a chapter you can go back and look at the story tree and decide to replay with or without replacing your current save.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Is Detroit worth checking out if you found Heavy Rain to be solidly “meh”?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Just some newgame + God of War stuff

- You start with blades of chaos

- You can select any difficulty regardless of previous ones

- Patch is just under a gig

quote:

You can now press R3 to compare between armour sets and then simply press square on a different armour piece to transfer all the enchantments.

- Also you can exchange XP for hacksilver now. Sell resources in the shop

Link to GOW thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854721&perpage=40&pagenumber=84

And the most important and delicate spoiler of all: there is a boat

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So I was thinking if there’s any games I wanna play that I don’t care so much about the graphics for before my TV comes

and uhhhh

I only have one PS3 port I haven’t played yet

so Kiwami might be next

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

CrRoMa posted:

I bought zoe mostly for the metal gear and had a good time, remember being pissed i beat it in a weekend though

never seen a wiff of zoe 2 but id be interested to play it

ps4 version has a demo

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why are Spider-man preorders still not available at Amazon?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

Is Detroit worth checking out if you found Heavy Rain to be solidly “meh”?

It is leagues better than Heavy Rain

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

RatHat posted:

because amazon us and sony are having a spat. seriously.

you can pre-order it in the uk tho, so it cant be that big of a spat. google amazon and sony fued.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Deadguy2322 posted:

Just buy the remasters for PS4 when they come out, or don’t bother.

Will that actually be a thing? I mean, I'm totally on board with the 1 and 2 remakes, but are they seriously doing it all because gently caress YES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RatHat posted:

they are... digitally :v: