Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Rat posted:

I really like these. For some reason the more conventional method of waterfall shots, with the long shutter speeds and smooth looking water, always bounced off of me. To me, waterfalls are dynamic, roaring, living things, and making them all smoothed out and static feels like it sucks the life and vibrance out of them.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Oh dang yeah that looks good, I like it.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

The Rat posted:

I really like these. For some reason the more conventional method of waterfall shots, with the long shutter speeds and smooth looking water, always bounced off of me. To me, waterfalls are dynamic, roaring, living things, and making them all smoothed out and static feels like it sucks the life and vibrance out of them.

Thank you! I got fairly lucky with the last one since I was able to walk almost into the waterfall with my wide angle, and the sun that was bothering me earlier turned out to be a blessing for that shot. And I agree wholeheartedly, I got a couple long exposure "bridal veil" type shots as well, but like you said they don't showcase the true power of the waterfalls.

I joked with a friend afterwards that I should get a pair of waders cause what I really want is to be immersed in the watery chaos.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Grimson posted:

Thank you! I got fairly lucky with the last one since I was able to walk almost into the waterfall with my wide angle, and the sun that was bothering me earlier turned out to be a blessing for that shot. And I agree wholeheartedly, I got a couple long exposure "bridal veil" type shots as well, but like you said they don't showcase the true power of the waterfalls.

I joked with a friend afterwards that I should get a pair of waders cause what I really want is to be immersed in the watery chaos.

That's awesome, you can really feel the power in it! I have yet to be at any waterfalls quite that big. Just smaller ones in the mountains.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

poo poo yeah that's a gorgeous landscape.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Le Roy's Blue Whale Family Restaurant by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Depoe Bay by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Beluga Beads by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
AA016 by Cody P, on Flickr

0460AA475 by Cody P, on Flickr

Not sure if this counts as a landscape but not sure where else to put it so:

0460AA463 by Cody P, on Flickr

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 17, 2018

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

CodfishCartographer posted:

AA016 by Cody P, on Flickr

0460AA475 by Cody P, on Flickr

Not sure if this counts as a landscape but not sure where else to put it so:

0460AA463 by Cody P, on Flickr

These are all great.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Got out to one of the local volcanos for sunrise this morning. I didn't get any good images of the volcano/landscape itself but I thought that these shots were OK.

Urban wallpaper by Andrew Burns, on Flickr

Concrete tumour by Andrew Burns, on Flickr

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Blackhawk posted:

Got out to one of the local volcanos for sunrise this morning. I didn't get any good images of the volcano/landscape itself but I thought that these shots were OK.

Urban wallpaper by Andrew Burns, on Flickr

tbh this is more interesting to me than any generic scenic landscape shot

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Two more from this morning.

Twisted arch by Andrew Burns, on Flickr

Tall trees by Andrew Burns, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I really like how the angles came out there.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

God drat

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I heard that this thread likes leading lines.

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

tk posted:

I heard that this thread likes leading lines.

Lol yes

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

hope and vaseline posted:

tbh this is more interesting to me than any generic scenic landscape shot

Absolutely. Amazing shot. The homes look like they're bacteria under a microscope. Social commentary etc etc.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Yeah those are cool.

I took a few photos during my most recent backpacking trip. I wish I had brought my A7iii but the weight was more than I wanted to carry so I made do with my RX100.

Wish I didn't cut the moon off in this but oh well. :effort:

Verman fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 21, 2018

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Verman posted:

Yeah those are cool.

I took a few photos during my most recent backpacking trip. I wish I had brought my A7iii but the weight was more than I wanted to carry so I made do with my RX100.

These are majestic as fuuuck.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Verman posted:

Yeah those are cool.

Nice!

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

and

loving own

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Yeah there have been some extremely sick pictures the last few days but I'm a sucker for cloudy mountains.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Oslo by Eivind Hauger, on Flickr

Oslo by Eivind Hauger, on Flickr

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004
Get up on your feet and do the Funky Alfonzo

Father O'Blivion fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 24, 2018

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

New Braunfels by S M, on Flickr

Austin by S M, on Flickr

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Ektar3 by Trevor Zuliani, on Flickr

Portra1 by Trevor Zuliani, on Flickr

Ektar2 by Trevor Zuliani, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)