Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The Cameo posted:

Considering Gran Metalik had the obvious warning sign of Mistico’s excursion into the company as a warning sign, he doesn’t really have anyone to blame but himself for his current situation. As well as everyone else, who just had to look at the fact that the last time a WWF non-heavyweight division was of any import, the title was in New Japan.

I wonder how many of those guys look at Zack and Ibushi and regret the choice they made.

i blame wwe for his situation, and the situation of anyone else that works there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Cameo posted:

I wonder how many of those guys look at Zack and Ibushi and regret the choice they made.

man after the first CWC I was really hoping they'd both sign but looking at what happened soon after, I'm glad they didn't. Maybe a few of the 205 guys enjoy more exposure than they would have received but ZSJ and Ibushi definitely didn't need it.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

yea ok posted:

i blame wwe for his situation, and the situation of anyone else that works there

Well yeah, that’s fair, since when signing, especially in the middle of the Cruiserweight Classic, it all seems like it’s going to go great, and then it... doesn’t.

DLC Inc posted:

man after the first CWC I was really hoping they'd both sign but looking at what happened soon after, I'm glad they didn't. Maybe a few of the 205 guys enjoy more exposure than they would have received but ZSJ and Ibushi definitely didn't need it.

Crazy to think it was only two years ago. Between then and now, Zack has pinned or submitted multiple world champions in what’s the second or third biggest company globally (CMLL has to be considered bigger, right? The consistent sellouts of Arena Mexico and whatnot) and Ibushi went to the finals of the G1 while still not signing a contract with anyone. They’re treated as draws and not as cattle.

Considering all of 205 Live feels like they signed at the same time - they’ve brought up, what, like three or four people since the show premiered? - I do wonder what WWE intends to do once they hit the “re-sign or release” fork in the road. Do they just give up on a Cruiserweight belt and let most of the division go? Or do they give everyone slight bumps in pay to entice them to stay and keep the static pattern of “Hunter books a good show with things that will never really mean much because the build to the PPV is really just a build to the pre-show where apparently someone other than their normal agent decides they need to ‘slow it down’ to ‘make every move count’ or some poo poo”.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

If I'm keeping track correctly, if the plan is for Brock to go over, when Vince changes his mind the day of the show this time, Roman will be the one to win.

Boom. Nailed it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Cameo posted:

It’s a nice validation of his talent that WWE utterly refuses to release him on any terms, but it’s also a tremendously hosed up thing that has, stacked with countless other things, basically erased my interest in the company.

Considering Gran Metalik had the obvious warning sign of Mistico’s excursion into the company as a warning sign, he doesn’t really have anyone to blame but himself for his current situation. As well as everyone else, who just had to look at the fact that the last time a WWF non-heavyweight division was of any import, the title was in New Japan.

Man, remember when they let Liger work the opening match of a TakeOver just because Liger wanted to say he had worked a match in WWE at least once, just to complete his bucket list? That NXT is so far gone now.

It’s probably pretty easy to overlook Mystico and see Rey Mysterio

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

New Evolution match leak

Asuka/Lita

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Another Evolution advertisement could have leaked.

Asuka vs Lita.

https://twitter.com/ScottyStyles29/status/1031654529027063808

It could be a photoshop as well, which is likely but still.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

That does look like a crummy photoshop.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

OGB posted:

That does look like a crummy photoshop.

Agreed. But also not outside the realm of possibility either. Considering Alexa has Trish, and Ronda has Nikki.

It'll be interesting if its true, considering on Table for 3, Lita bitched and moaned about how stiff Kairi was in the ring. Asuka hits SIGNIFICANTLY harder than Kairi.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
New Evolution Leak:

Shayna vs Kelly Kelly

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That’s def a shop but I’d be okay with that. If I was booking legends matches I’d give Asuka to someone who can actually work like Beth Phoenix, let Ruby Riott have Lita and do Natalya-Molly Holly or something like that.

It’s wwe so Asuka will get a mini push as a submission machine so she can tap to Shayna at Evolution.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Midnightghoul posted:

New Evolution Leak:

Shayna vs Kelly Kelly

Wow. How will Shayna overcome the greatness that is Kelly Kelly?

...To be serious for a moment, I think Shayna will be getting a rematch against Kairi at Evolution. She's still being advertised as part of the NXT brand for the October tours. Generally NXT doesn't advertise talent that is being called up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
New Evolution Leak:

Becky Lynch vs. The Fabulous Moolah

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

VJeff posted:

New Evolution Leak:

Becky Lynch vs. The Fabulous Moolah's son a Giant Hand

Interference by Mark Henry.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I wonder if they'd do Beth vs Nia Jax since they had a thing at the rumble.

I hope they give Mickie a good match. I worry because since Alicia Fox came back, she's been off TV.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

DM Punk posted:

I hope they give Mickie a good match. I worry because since Alicia Fox came back, she's been off TV.

Mickie was injured and Fox basically became Mickie and has been doing all the stuff she would have.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mickie is being advertised for the upcoming RAW show in Osaka still. She's being advertised to face Kairi Sane. They updated the advertisement a few days ago.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I don't know if she trained or had run into her in Japan but I'm sure if they had interacted, Satomura would have been brutal on Sane if she wasn't stiff with her poo poo.

The cynical part of me is thinking that WWE is pushing for Legends matches for Evolution because almost every iteration of matchup has already been done ad naseum with the Raw and Smackdown women.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

I don't know if she trained or had run into her in Japan but I'm sure if they had interacted, Satomura would have been brutal on Sane if she wasn't stiff with her poo poo.

The cynical part of me is thinking that WWE is pushing for Legends matches for Evolution because almost every iteration of matchup has already been done ad naseum with the Raw and Smackdown women.

Meiko has wrestled against Kairi before. If I recall, she beat Kairi for the World of STARDOM title.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It’s probably pretty easy to overlook Mystico and see Rey Mysterio

“I hope they book me as though I somehow fell rear end-backwards into every accomplishment I end up with because no matter what they do to me I sell a veritable shitload of merch” is a terrible view of one’s future to have. Rey’s run in WWE is one of the worst ever when it comes to how talented a guy is compared to how the company treats them.

I guess if a guy has a mask maybe they think they can sell a bunch of masks like Rey did/does.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rest of Raw script

- Boss & Hug Connection & Ember Moon vs. Riott Squad
- Triple H cuts promo in the ring
- Dean Ambrose vs. Drew McIntyre
- Strowman approaches Balor backstage
- Elias vs. Curt Hawkins
- Titus Worldwide vs. Authors of Pain
- Stephanie McMahon returns, to be interrupted by Ronda Rousey
- Bo Dallas vs. Scott Dawson
- Curtis Axel vs. Dash Wilder
- Universal Title: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Finn Balor

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Jiro posted:

Interference by Mark Henry.

The Giant Hand is Mae Young's son

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Rest of Raw script

- Boss & Hug Connection & Ember Moon vs. Riott Squad
- Triple H cuts promo in the ring
- Dean Ambrose vs. Drew McIntyre
- Strowman approaches Balor backstage
- Elias vs. Curt Hawkins
- Titus Worldwide vs. Authors of Pain
- Stephanie McMahon returns, to be interrupted by Ronda Rousey
- Bo Dallas vs. Scott Dawson
- Curtis Axel vs. Dash Wilder
- Universal Title: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Finn Balor

How have they not figured out who is leaking the scripts yet?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How have they not figured out who is leaking the scripts yet?

It's probably a super low priority for them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's probably a super low priority for them.

Yeah, it's not a really detailed leak. No results or descriptions

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm glad that main event had no details or descriptions of the last 3 minutes spoiled

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The Cameo posted:

“I hope they book me as though I somehow fell rear end-backwards into every accomplishment I end up with because no matter what they do to me I sell a veritable shitload of merch” is a terrible view of one’s future to have. Rey’s run in WWE is one of the worst ever when it comes to how talented a guy is compared to how the company treats them.

I guess if a guy has a mask maybe they think they can sell a bunch of masks like Rey did/does.

Is Rey's run in WCW his ceiling?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm glad that main event had no details or descriptions of the last 3 minutes spoiled

Yeah they seem to keep the surprises a secret.

These leaked scripts are more like script outlines. They don't even tell you who's going over.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They aren't leaked scripts.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

rovert posted:

Ah. What are they?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Nikki has 3.5 million Twitter followers.

Excuse me, she only has one million seven hundred fifty thousand followers, her and Brie still share a twitter account for whatever reason so they share a half of the followers, thank you very much.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

My assumption from the way SRS talked about it is that WWE is in some fashion purposely giving fightful scripts.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh, I guess I should go ahead and post what was discussed on WOR fairly recently (last night apparently).

I guess the word going around regarding callups is that we may get them next Monday/Tuesday. I guess the names Dave brought up were EC3 and Shayna Baszler. I dunno about EC3, but I imagine they are probably going to try and get Shayna's contractual rematch out of the way during the NXT tapings on Thursday if she is being called up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The crowd chanted Johnny Failure at Gargano during the nxt taping :laffo:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

The crowd chanted Johnny Failure at Gargano during the nxt taping :laffo:
Seeing how it was during a promo with Dream I can kind of guess why

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted: