Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Sometimes I really hate that the last real commercial flight I was on that wasn't a goddamned puddle jumping tinnitis trigger or a military aircraft was in 1990. It was probably a 767. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

That problem is easily solvable?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Home built Acroduster down in North Phoenix. 1 dead, 1 critical.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/north-phoenix/aircraft-down-near-7th-street_deer-valley

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

... If I'm reading that news report right, there were two people in a single seat aircraft...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ardeem posted:

... If I'm reading that news report right, there were two people in a single seat aircraft...

I think it hit someone on the ground in the intersection, hence the 'injured victim' part

Godholio posted:

Sometimes I really hate that the last real commercial flight I was on that wasn't a goddamned puddle jumping tinnitis trigger or a military aircraft was in 1990. It was probably a 767. :sigh:

on the other hand that means you haven't had to put up with the unending bullshit parade which is domestic air travel in the last 28 years so count your blessings

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 20, 2018

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Psion posted:

I think it hit someone on the ground in the intersection, hence the 'injured victim' part

on the other hand that means you haven't had to put up with the unending bullshit parade which is domestic air travel in the last 28 years so count your blessings

"Police told media on scene the vehicles had substantial damage but no one on the ground was hurt. "

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ardeem posted:

"Police told media on scene the vehicles had substantial damage but no one on the ground was hurt. "

huhhhhh. then I have no idea.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I don't see "single seat" in the article, perhaps they corrected it to "single-engine". It's an unusual term if you don't know anything about airplanes, which no journalists do.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Single seat came from googling what an Acroduster was.

Actually going to the Aircraft Spruce instead of just skimming the wiki page has taught me there is such a beast as the Acroduster Too, which is a two seater, so my initial concern is probably wrong.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Yeah, there's a few tandem seaters on GIS.

Looks like a lot of fun. But I bet it has the engine-out glide performance of an oil drum.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Ola posted:

I don't see "single seat" in the article, perhaps they corrected it to "single-engine". It's an unusual term if you don't know anything about airplanes, which no journalists do.

gently caress off.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

drgitlin posted:

gently caress off.

Good lord you're fragile.

#NotAllJournalists!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

drgitlin posted:

gently caress off.

Yer average Joe doesn't know how to tell an f14 and 15 apart, nonetheless the oodles of varieties of cropdusters and little hobby planes :shrug:

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lookit this 747

um excuse me fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 20, 2018

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

um excuse me posted:

Lookit this 747

Two engines, not a 747. Idiot.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

looks like a huey to me

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

tactlessbastard posted:

There's the 2 spinny ones and the jet engine on the side, that's 3, not 2.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

drgitlin posted:

gently caress off.

News Presenters then.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

tactlessbastard posted:

There we go, four engines.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Anybody wanna go halfsies?

https://onemileatatime.com/qatar-747-for-sale/

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Best goddamn styling in a good long time

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I have more exotic tastes.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Why are they selling that? Should go to a museum. If only because it's so friggin' weird.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

StandardVC10 posted:

Why are they selling that? Should go to a museum. If only because it's so friggin' weird.

Whoever buys it likely *will* donate it to a museum, simply for the credit on the placard that says "generously donated by ~so and so~."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 21, 2018

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

StandardVC10 posted:

I want to be the coolest kid at the STOL field at Oshkosh 2020.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Other occupant died at the hospital, so no survivors, and yes the local media is still reporting no injuries on the ground, so it must have been one of the two-seater configurations.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

drgitlin posted:

gently caress off.

Use your words, booboo.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

The real prize on that site right now is the M-Gator.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

drgitlin posted:

gently caress off.

I'm sorry. Miles O'Brien knows a lot.

Ola fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Aug 21, 2018

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Gripen down in Sweden, bird strike near landing and successful ejection. Swedish news: https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/G1AR7Q/jas-plan-har-kraschat-i-ronneby

e: and twitter jokes about no control on migrating birds are starting to spread

Ola fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Aug 21, 2018

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/therealbuzz/status/1031906873522434048?s=21

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005
I don't like you because you're dangerous
Second; first was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Connery

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

At least third, a flight attendant survived a mid air breakup.

Guinness has the line right, but the journalist doesn't. Its the first planned jump.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A gulfstream carrying 16 people including Post Malone is headed for an emergency landing at Westfield-Barnes Regional in CT after blowing two tires on takeoff

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I hope at least 15 make it out okay!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

C.M. Kruger posted:

Google indicates the Deutsche Marine F-104Gs first carried the French-made AS-30, a Bullpup style MCLOS missile

Ah, yes. Your pilot's flying at low altitude, in an F-104, and you give him a missile that requires him to visually observe both the missile and his target, control the missile with a little joystick, and fly his plane all at the same time.

Forget about Lockheed's prostitutes, the German navy must have hated its pilots and wanted them all to die.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

shame on an IGA posted:

A gulfstream carrying 16 people including Post Malone is headed for an emergency landing at Westfield-Barnes Regional in CT after blowing two tires on takeoff

Westfield-Barnes is in MA

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

It's heading for New Windsor, NY now

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

mlmp08 posted:

I hope at least 15 make it out okay!

The plane's too heavy! We're going to have to jettison some weight!!!

[Looks at fuel dump switch... Looks at Post Malone... Looks at fuel dump switch... Looks back at Post Malone...]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Phanatic posted:

Ah, yes. Your pilot's flying at low altitude, in an F-104, and you give him a missile that requires him to visually observe both the missile and his target, control the missile with a little joystick, and fly his plane all at the same time.

Forget about Lockheed's prostitutes, the German navy must have hated its pilots and wanted them all to die.

"There aren't any barns out over the ocean, it's fine." - the Marineflieger, probably