Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Contactless paying for steak bakes at Greggs is both my life and my death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

How do you change the volume on AirPods when connected to the watch? Through Siri or the Music app?

When I'm running, I don't want to have to switch away from Smooth Run to Music just to change the volume, then switch back, nor do I want to talk to my headphones while around other people like a weirdo.

I lost my Plantronics Backbeat Fits this past weekend and am weighing my options of getting another one of those (which are awesome), or trying out the AirPods that probably will just fall out of my mutant ears.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

How do you change the volume on AirPods when connected to the watch? Through Siri or the Music app?

When I'm running, I don't want to have to switch away from Smooth Run to Music just to change the volume, then switch back, nor do I want to talk to my headphones while around other people like a weirdo.

I lost my Plantronics Backbeat Fits this past weekend and am weighing my options of getting another one of those (which are awesome), or trying out the AirPods that probably will just fall out of my mutant ears.

Try the airpods you can return them easy enough.

I don’t know about smooth run but in the workout app you swipe to the music and turn the crown up or down.

The crown is supposed to handle volume control.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Now Playing, then twist the crown?

I use the stock workout app, so I can get to the music control by just swiping left.

Hah, oops.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-edit lol way late

errr wait doesn’t the Digital Crown/dial control volume? You probably have to have the now playing app open I’m guessing.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah that's what I figured. I use iSmoothRun to track runs since the stock Workout app can't blast my poo poo to Strava and whatnot.

MarcusSA posted:

Costco has them for $140, so I'd get them from there rather than the Apple Store. But they still have a good return policy.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I have a s2. If I’m streaming from my phone to AirPods can I still control the sound with the watch crown?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yup

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Holy poo poo

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
It rules. It I'm walking and traffic noise picks up, I can just turn the crown and turn up my podcast.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

MarcusSA posted:

The stores usually have demo pairs they clean with alcohol between demos if you want to verify fit and sound quality

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I looked in SA-Mart and it's pretty bare, but I'm wondering if anyone is selling a Series 2 or 3 42mm watch by chance.

Let me know if so as I'd like to grab a used one since I'm only going to be using it for a few things (texts, podcasts/music, running/exercise, voice memos, weather)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Alfalfa posted:

I looked in SA-Mart and it's pretty bare, but I'm wondering if anyone is selling a Series 2 or 3 42mm watch by chance.

Let me know if so as I'd like to grab a used one since I'm only going to be using it for a few things (texts, podcasts/music, running/exercise, voice memos, weather)

Just wait a month or two for the Series 4 to be announced, then get a new one or a refurb (does Apple do Watch refurbs?- edit- yes they do but you can get bigger discounts on new stock at other places it seems) at a heavy discount. Hell, you can get discounted S2s pretty regularly from places like Best Buy if you look around for sales.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

You can’t anymore, can you? I thought they stopped making the S2.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Agronox posted:

You can’t anymore, can you? I thought they stopped making the S2.

Yeah, it’s just S3 and the S1 cheap option.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Alfalfa posted:

Ive got an s2 SBSS that I keep meaning to put up for sale since I got my s3 SBSS
It’s mint and still has a few months of AppleCare on it
PM me if interested

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Check this out as well friend.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11891975-a...3#post118391911

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Would be perfect but not a 42mm

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Would be perfect but not a 42mm

Ah drat I didn't notice that part.

Honestly though if you download the slickdeals app you can set up an alert for the watch and something will come along. I saw a few deals on the S2 a few weeks ago with companies trying to dump the last of their stock.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Trying out a 38mm and while I’m not the bigliest dude I gotta say I much prefer it to the 42mm. So cute and dainty

My vision is pretty ok too so maybe that’s a factor

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Anyone know if there's a good way to get MS Outlook on the iPhone to send meeting notifications/reminders to the watch?

I don't particularly care about emails but meetings I'm always fumbling for my phone to determine.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Martytoof posted:

Anyone know if there's a good way to get MS Outlook on the iPhone to send meeting notifications/reminders to the watch?

I don't particularly care about emails but meetings I'm always fumbling for my phone to determine.

My Outlook app sends notifications to my watch just fine.

Do the meetings already have reminders or are you trying to add them via the watch?

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Martytoof posted:

Should be included with Outlook alerts. Set the notifications to trigger on the phone and mirror to watch.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh, uh.. My notifications appear to have been disabled. Don't I feel stupid now.

Thanks!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Dearest friends,

Today I tried to take my first WatchOS screenshot by pressing both the crown in and the side button. Expecting a flash similar to iOS, I was surprised to see nothing happening. I tried many times and nothing. What am I doing wrong? Reboot/repairing time?

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon

Housh posted:

Dearest friends,

Today I tried to take my first WatchOS screenshot by pressing both the crown in and the side button. Expecting a flash similar to iOS, I was surprised to see nothing happening. I tried many times and nothing. What am I doing wrong? Reboot/repairing time?

Are they turned on? It's a setting towards the bottom of the General section under the watch iOS app.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
I know that shortcut can be disabled in settings, is yours?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah it was off. Thanks! Is that the default? I never tried a screenshot until now and I don't remember ever digging into the settings this far to disable anything.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Housh posted:

Yeah it was off. Thanks! Is that the default? I never tried a screenshot until now and I don't remember ever digging into the settings this far to disable anything.

I know that in the past it was definitely default set to on because I had done it by accident a few times.

They must have switched it to default off sometime because I tried to do it and found the setting was off.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

Housh posted:

MarcusSA posted:

I know that in the past it was definitely default set to on because I had done it by accident a few times.

They must have switched it to default off sometime because I tried to do it and found the setting was off.

I have a vague memory that my S3 came with it disabled, at least.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah, it was too easy to do by accident.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They disabled it and made that shortcut the pause workout for swimming

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Pauses any workout.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is there a reason why I got only 25 minutes of credit for a 30 minute workout? First time I've had a discrepancy like this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Watch can tell when you’re just going through the motions instead of putting effort, slacker.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah you really should work harder next time.

:sad:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Since the new Dark Sky update I can no longer see the temperature in the complication. Have they said this is a bug?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Since the new Dark Sky update I can no longer see the temperature in the complication. Have they said this is a bug?

I see the temperature also a little sun or clouds. Maybe try rebooting or reinstalling.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Crappled again

Heading to Da Fr00t Stand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Crappled again

Heading to Da Fr00t Stand

Yeah that happened to my old work buddy. The watch was out of warranty so they told him he’d have to spend like 229? or something to fix it.

He just super glued it back down and it held up till he got an S3 :shrug: