Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Spikeguy posted:

My daughter wants to watch more wrestling so besides getting NJPW World I picked up The WWE Network. Are there any lists with the best matches on their? Like a google document?

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=111&view=list&year=&worker=&promotion=1&wonRating=&type=&constellationType=&sortby=colRating&sorttype=DESC
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=111&view=list&year=&worker=&promotion=1&wonRating=&type=&constellationType=&sortby=colMeltzer&sorttype=DESC

Kennel fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
The three Flair/Steamboat matches from 1989 are very good and really hold up (one of them was Meltzers first 6 star match if you care about these things) and all are on the Network. Also from 1989 the Flair/Funk stuff is also great and very different: and then WCW falls off a cliff and isn’t very good for a little while.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

IceAgeComing posted:

The three Flair/Steamboat matches from 1989 are very good and really hold up (one of them was Meltzers first 6 star match if you care about these things) and all are on the Network. Also from 1989 the Flair/Funk stuff is also great and very different: and then WCW falls off a cliff and isn’t very good for a little while.

1992 and parts of 1994 WCW are excellent. Watts WCW was actually very good in parts too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

1992 and parts of 1994 WCW are excellent. Watts WCW was actually very good in parts too.

Ugh, 1992 nose dives in quality after Watts takes over and the second half of 1994 is trash. There's some good Watts but it lacks the highs of early 92 or early 94. It's mostly really bland with more bad than good because he's pushing the wrong people.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's mostly about individual good matches rather than the promotion as a whole, but the whole conversation was about good matches to look for, so

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Vader and Cactus Jack were awesome in 93 WCW.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shiki Dan posted:

Vader and Cactus Jack were awesome in 93 WCW.

Other than the Regal/Steamboat feud and Vader vs Flair, they were the ONLY awesome things

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Vader/Flair was really neat though

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What dictates someone getting merch made in the WWE? Wanted to get a Kairi Sane shirt or something for my girl but there's nothing besides that Schamberg shirt....and yet Lacey Evans has a shirt made for her besides Kairi?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

What dictates someone getting merch made in the WWE? Wanted to get a Kairi Sane shirt or something for my girl but there's nothing besides that Schamberg shirt....and yet Lacey Evans has a shirt made for her besides Kairi?

Look at Lacey. Look at Kairi. Try to think like the scumbag pieces of trash in WWE management. You'll find the answer.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

LOL 9 ***** matches in WWE history and 4 have been from NXT this year.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

She didn’t want to just be Ric Flair’s daughter, even though her song, her finishers, her entrance, and oh yeah her name are all Ric Flair stuff.

She started using it when she had to pretend she likes him to sell a book.

Pretend to like him in the kayfabe sense, or does/did she actually dislike him?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I have a feeling Ric Flair was not the finest father figure, and I think they've both said as much

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Racists are never good father figures.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

fatherofmustard posted:

Racists are never good father figures.

But Bill Wat...okay nevermind.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Bigass Moth posted:

LOL 9 ***** matches in WWE history and 4 have been from NXT this year.

johnny wrestling opened the flood gates and will never get his proper dues from the company

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Pretend to like him in the kayfabe sense, or does/did she actually dislike him?

She did, then the story changed when they were marketing that book.

I don't know if they worked things out or it's just for promotion now though.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's wrestling, as long as you can make money together, you can like someone

Brother

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Look at Lacey. Look at Kairi. Try to think like the scumbag pieces of trash in WWE management. You'll find the answer.

boy I'm not looking forward to Lacey Evans' fandom. blue lives matter-rear end gimmick.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Vince apparently does not think Asians are attractive. I'm surprised Asuka isn't walking around with a blue dot over her face

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is omega gay for pay?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shiksa posted:

boy I'm not looking forward to Lacey Evans' fandom. blue lives matter-rear end gimmick.

That's for cops.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Aphrodite posted:

That's for cops.

lacey evans was in the marine swat

she's both a troop and a cop, just a loving nightmare of a person

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

Is omega gay for pay?

Well Ibushi does have a lot of money...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

lacey evans was in the marine swat

she's both a troop and a cop, just a loving nightmare of a person

Yeah but blue lives is superseded by are troops.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

They're the same now

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

What wrestler has the biggest legs but tiny arms?

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

Rhyno.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Ron Reese

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Is there a reason why Victoria has never made any special appearances in the WWE (at least, none that I'm aware of) since she left the company?

It feels like drat near all the women from that time period have shown back up for at least one appearance except for her. Nothing at the Rumble, no appearance for Raw 25, doesn't look like she'll be appearing for Evolution.

Did something happen? Was there backstage heat on her or something? Or is it just a personal choice of hers?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Vandar posted:

Is there a reason why Victoria has never made any special appearances in the WWE (at least, none that I'm aware of) since she left the company?

It feels like drat near all the women from that time period have shown back up for at least one appearance except for her. Nothing at the Rumble, no appearance for Raw 25, doesn't look like she'll be appearing for Evolution.

Did something happen? Was there backstage heat on her or something? Or is it just a personal choice of hers?

The only thing I can recall is her insisting she was "retiring" when she left the WWE before signing with TNA a couple of months later

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Vandar posted:

WWE interviewed her once for a documentary or something but she left her mic on between takes burying someone important (which I was told as Kevin Dunn) and they heard it.

Was banned from WWE shows for a good while. She complained on social media about it.

However, she was interviewed for the recent WWE Women's Evolution DVD so things seem to be someone forgotten.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Old puro/NOAH question but what did NOAH see in Takeshi Rikio that they had him end Kobashi's streak. Also why did they turn on him so quickly having him lose his second defense? (His only successful defense being against pre Ace of the Universe Tanahashi)

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Vandar posted:

Same question but for the Nasty Boys. I would’ve expected a post-WCW appearance or two, especially considering that Jimmy Hart & Hogan have been around.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Didn’t they just do a Shield reunion? And Ambrose immediately got hurt, so Kurt Angle became a member? Wasn’t that like a few months ago?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Minidust posted:

Same question but for the Nasty Boys. I would’ve expected a post-WCW appearance or two, especially considering that Jimmy Hart & Hogan have been around.

They're real nasty, and also probably not enough of a draw to be worth it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn’t they just do a Shield reunion? And Ambrose immediately got hurt, so Kurt Angle became a member? Wasn’t that like a few months ago?

Almost a year ago but yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

zach gowen

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Funkasaurus seems like the right answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Angle subbed in when Reigns got cooties from Bray Wyatt. Ambrose got injured like a month or two later I think.