Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I can't believe the number of (occasionally freak) mid-air collisions I've had in this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azD9JecHklI&t=41s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vQspsp-7Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmPMxtUsACU

Hugh Malone posted:

Purple APC with dollar sign rims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlnANkHGFaQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Total longshot on this since it looks like only about 10 people post in here, but does anyone else feel like the NC layout is almost exactly like Gnadenlos in Vienna, Austria? That's exactly the feeling that hit me the first time I walked down those virtual steps.

Can't speak from experience, but Vienna does seem a likely place that a bunch of Scottish game devs would go for a boozy long weekend.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Ripper Swarm posted:

Can't speak from experience, but Vienna does seem a likely place that a bunch of Scottish game devs would go for a boozy long weekend.

Haha that reminds me of a screenshot I saw many years ago of some gaming forum where the guy was going on and on about how “GTA San Andreas must have been designed by a very diverse group of people” and someone replying that actually it was made by a bunch of white guys in Scotland.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

After one more full sale, that'll make up the 5 mil that the NC cost me. Its been pretty low effort so far, but Im still getting new missions on the sales and such so it still feels fresh.

How do you people have time for this poo poo? :(

FAKE EDIT: Work precludes me from poopsocking it up on vidya games, let alone GTA

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

How do you people have time for this poo poo? :(

FAKE EDIT: Work precludes me from poopsocking it up on vidya games, let alone GTA

Turn on gta > rubber band controller > go to work > come back and sell nightclub stuffs

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Haha that reminds me of a screenshot I saw many years ago of some gaming forum where the guy was going on and on about how “GTA San Andreas must have been designed by a very diverse group of people” and someone replying that actually it was made by a bunch of white guys in Scotland.

they even have a statue in aberdeen commemorating their pre rockstar days as DMA design.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

Floppychop posted:

Turn on gta > rubber band controller > go to work > come back and sell nightclub stuffs

Unenroll from your mc or org, and watch the security cameras; no rubber band needed.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I couldn't find an updated version of the old pc thread (am I being blind)? I have a script hook v question. I get the "fatal error" when I try and launch the game. Googling tells me that there just isn't a new version and I should delete these 3 files and play the game normally.

dinput.dll

NativeTrainer.asi

ScriptHookV.dll.

My problem is even after deleting them I still get the critical error and the game won't launch?

Any advice appreciated.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 19, 2018

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Phweengee posted:

Unenroll from your mc or org, and watch the security cameras; no rubber band needed.

Maybe if you'd like your product to stack up in .5x speed.

e:

Jippa posted:

My problem is even after deleting them I still get the critical error and the game won't launch?

Any advice appreciated.

Try uninstalling/reinstalling.

YET ANOTHER FAG fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 19, 2018

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Maybe if you'd like your product to stack up in .5x

There shouldn’t be a speed difference in the buildup of product whether you are ceo or mc or neither. Watching tv or cameras shouldn’t be any slower than a rubber band AFK either.
The difference is that if you’re ceo or mc, every 48 min you gotta pay your bills

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

There shouldn’t be a speed difference in the buildup of product whether you are ceo or mc or neither. Watching tv or cameras shouldn’t be any slower than a rubber band AFK either.
The difference is that if you’re ceo or mc, every 48 min you gotta pay your bills

And one of your things can get raided if you're still in an org.

Retire, watch cameras, win

There's absolutely no difference to the speed at which product accumulates

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Try uninstalling/reinstalling.

I've installed it from a back up external drive. It would take me days to re download it with my terrible net. :(

e- nvm I managed to verify my files.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 19, 2018

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Speaking of afk in an mc, I saw a pubbie friend doing this in his nightclub yesterday. Hours later still there, just :homebrew:

If you run the five best categories, you could just about break even on the nightclub stock after bills.* The daily take can help pad this but popularity drops daily.

I mean yeah, he's likely building stock in the bunker and businesses too, but it's still hemorrhaging money for no reason.

Also, if you want you can go afk on the dancefloor with a rubber band or a rock on (dance move). Helps build some popularity, might max at 2.5 bars per dance session? I guess it might maintain full popularity for longer? Only done this a couple times so far, and lost cnnxn to psn/got kicked at some point, so not sure. Stock builds in private sessions, so I should do that instead.

* Based on a quick look at numbers helpfully posted by YAF. Assuming bills for yacht, 6 apartments, assistant, mechanic, maid, and 30k/day for all 5 mc businesses

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

What the hell is with the club popularity? I ran two promotion missions back to back to get up to 3.5 only for it to drop back to 3 seconds later.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

CBJSprague24 posted:

What the hell is with the club popularity? I ran two promotion missions back to back to get up to 3.5 only for it to drop back to 3 seconds later.

Just poor timing probably. Not sure if the tick down is at 00:00 LS time, or some other arbitrary time, or if it’s based on a personal timer. So you bought enough to get to 3.5 then tick, down to 3

Saw somewhere maybe here that if you are buying popularity by changing djs, do it from on of the computers in the basement storage. It doesn’t trigger the cut scene and teleport you to the entrance

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
Four days of rubberbanding w/ Oppressor mk 2 and it's now my favorite bike, even after a year+ of OG Oppressin'. The heal works as CEO/VIP and I should have stronger rockets too, yes?

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Locobono posted:

Four days of rubberbanding w/ Oppressor mk 2 and it's now my favorite bike, even after a year+ of OG Oppressin'. The heal works as CEO/VIP and I should have stronger rockets too, yes?

You must tell/show exactly how you do this... I need this in my life. Tried to ride on the train like I did with oppressor but you fall off after a while.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suCm1w_KTiY&t=3s

Strangely, there's no actual Mach 5 livery! Also, as expected, you need to bring it to your Avenger / MoC to modify it. No weapon or cosmetic mods, just livery and wheels and the usual performance and armor stuff. The boost lasts way longer than I expect every time, so I won't be surprised if a lot of these things end up in lakes and rivers :v:

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

namlosh posted:

You must tell/show exactly how you do this... I need this in my life. Tried to ride on the train like I did with oppressor but you fall off after a while.

Well, I actually use an autohotkey script that holds down W and A... but could literally just rubber band a Gamepad. Do it while in passive mode at the airport.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Oh yes.

Alpha-is-Awesome
Jan 20, 2018
Around in about 8 mins. Also how to win the longest jump challenge. https://youtu.be/upe1SOYHCp8

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Oh please let me play this with you dudes tonight.

Edit: is that up-down trick only with the first oppressor? I can't seem to get it on the Oppressor MkII.
Ahh I was doing it way wrong. found a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caOms1Fz3zE

davebo fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 21, 2018

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

davebo posted:

Oh please let me play this with you dudes tonight.

Edit: is that up-down trick only with the first oppressor? I can't seem to get it on the Oppressor MkII.
Ahh I was doing it way wrong. found a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caOms1Fz3zE

I'm banned from da discord but I hope to see lots of good videos of the fun I am missing out on. :downs:

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
https://gfycat.com/GrouchyWetFieldspaniel.webm

Locobono fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 22, 2018

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Not sure that i would pick the new hunter packs over the old, other than to play em once to check it out

The one I did was on a texture-less track made of drunk track pieces. The defender vehicle was the barrage which seems like an odd choice for a race without a passenger, unless you can get out of one and ride turret on someone else’s. The roads were wide with not much to see, kind of a obstacle course with the stunt set pieces. 4 or 5 if the 6 races looked like a similar setting so...... meh? Maybe this one was just a dud

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
The ones with the vans as the escaping vehicles seemed a lot funner since the trucks seemed way too easy to stop.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Love the passengers rear end and foot clipping through like a Flintstones car. It is pretty fun to drive and stock missiles/machine guns is a bonus so you don't need to drop another million on that(or more research! :member: 'member when you had to do research for gun cars?) I didn't even realize they were there at first cuz the weapon wheel started with a pistol. I was heading to the MOC to remedy that and found em on the way. Hop and wallride boost like your vid is a great trick shot!

The Terrortruck was obviously made with grinders in mind, holy crap. It really increases your efficiency, at least w crates. Get 2 warehouses in the same neighborhood, and park the truck by whichever has easiest road access, or in the middle of them. After running one crate, you can jump out and into the truck and start one for the other warehouse. That's about 10 seconds(and only one cutscene!) compared to having to drive back to the office. If you have the Oppressor II in the truck, you've always got a ready ride to get to the crates. if you take the Op II and have to leave it, you can 'request personal vehicle' on your walk from the warehouse to the truck and it will be waiting for you. It was going so smooth, I unintentionally filled a large warehouse in just a couple nights, along with half filling a couple others
I did get a rare cargo offer through the truck, so that mechanic seems to work as intended. In the buy screen it showed the single item as costing $25k or whatever, and regular for 2x($8000) and 3x($18000) items. It might be easy to miss if youre on autopilot and just mashing the 3 items button. I don't recall getting a call about it before, but I dont listen to assistants call other than the very first call, enough to hear "Bad news boss" or "This ones a little tricky" <click> so maybe I just ignored it
I would assume the same sort of turnaround for I/E sourcing cars, but with only one garage you'd probably hit the cooldown timer. Put a crate garage next door and you should be able to alternate and burn through those as well

Bunker and MC supplies might be a little less improvement, since you end up back at the bunker or business anyway, and Air freight is similar that you can only have the one base

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Terrortruck was obviously made with grinders in mind, holy crap.

Griefers. Was made with griefers in mind.

The drone is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7eUcmOe-t0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opJlAC5G1PI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvhRaNJmjXM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V9gpTfoLSU

All from here: https://gtaforums.com/topic/914258-drone-strike-thread/

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

lol those are awesome

How vulnerable are you while droning? Like, you'll hear and feel if someone starts rocketing you, right. Long before serious damage is done anyway

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Unless its armor bugs out (which happens sometimes), the truck can take 34 rocket hits. It can eat every missile a deluxo or oppressor carries.

The drone itself can be destroyed easily, but it's very hard to see. When it's destroyed or you detonate it, you have a 60s cooldown to launch another.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
From what I've heard that armour bug is caused by driving it out of your nightclub. You should get full strength when you summon it via interaction menu.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Hello everyone!
I like GTA but don't play it much, I have $1.2 million left from my $1.5 million I got for pre ordering the game, and have just discovered the online stuff and I really like the look of it.
However, I don't want to mess things up, because I will given half a chance so I need advice if that's OK :)
I want to know really what to buy, like a house or business? All the online guides presume I know wtf I am doing, which I don't, I just want to dick around now and then, maybe have some kind of base to spawn in, keep cars etc and if I can get a business going then that's awesome too!
There are loads of conflicting opinions in the guides, so what would be your take on it?
Thanks!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Thats enough for a CEO office, but not enough for an office with a bedroom or a garage, so thats not really what you want for now

The following is a list of the "high end" apartments. These all have 10 car garages, and a place to sleep and change clothes. These also all are able to be used to start heists. The cheapest on the list are a decent spot(near the pier w/ amusemet park on the west side) and still leave you with around a million for a nice ride or two to get things started
Not sure how much you've poked yet, but heists are basically multi-part mission arcs that consist of a couple setup missions(steal this car, deliver these drugs, scope this location, etc) and then a finale that is a large payout to split among the team. If you like the story driven part of things, the heists are a good thing as opposed to just waking up in Los Santos and living the chaos. They pay pretty good, and there are some ways to score big bonus money in addition to the normal payouts.

quote:

Del Perro Heights, Apartment 7 - $200,000 (Del Perro)
Del Perro Heights, Apartment 20 - $205,000 (Del Perro)
3 Alta Street, Apartment. 10 - $217,000 (Downtown Los Santos)
3 Alta Street, Apartment 57 - $223,000 (Downtown Los Santos)
4 Integrity Way, Apartment 30 - $235,000 (Downtown Los Santos)
Richards Majestic, Apartment 4 - $241,000 (Rockford Hills)
4 Integrity Way, Apartment 35 - $247,000 (Downtown Los Santos)
Richards Majestic, Apartment 51 - $253,000 (Rockford Hills)
Tinsel Towers, Apartment 45 - $270,000 (Rockford Hills)
Tinsel Towers, Apartment 29 - $286,000 (Rockford Hills)
Weazel Plaza, Apartment 26 - $304,000 (Rockford Hills)
Weazel Plaza, Apartment 70 - $319,000 (Rockford Hills)
Weazel Plaza, Apartment 101 - $335,000 (Rockford Hills)
Eclipse Towers, Apartment 9 - $373,000 (Rockford Hills)
Eclipse Towers, Apartment 5 - $382,000 (Rockford Hills)
Eclipse Towers, Apartment 40 - $391,000 (Rockford Hills)
Eclipse Towers, Apartment 31 - $400,000 (Rockford Hills)
Del Perro Heights, Apartment 4 - $468,000 (Del Perro)
4 Integrity Way, Apartment 28 - $476,000 (Downtown Los Santos)
Richards Majestic, Apartment 2 - $484,000 (Rockford Hills)
Tinsel Towers, Apartment 42 - $492,000 (Rockford Hills)
Eclipse Towers, Apartment 3 - $500,000 (Rockford Hills)

To me the next goal into the world of business and making money would be a cheap CEO office and I/E vehicle warehouse. Work that for a bit and then decide on what to branch out to. By then you'll probably have played enough with others to at least cursory check out the other types of businesses to see what you like. If you dont mind grinding mini-missions, then maybe crates is the life. For stealing cars and driving fast stuff, I/E is cool. If for some reason you play GTA because you like flying vintage war planes? Boy howdy is there a air-freight business for you!
Unfortunately, a nest egg of 1.5 mill just isnt enough to do more than the bare minimum of some of the newer DLC stuff. You could get a bunker or hangar, but nothing to go with it. Facility or ghetto nightclub, but not enough for the fun addons that make it playable.

Was that a straight cash bonus, or was it the criminal starter pack?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
it's a good question to ask, really. The vast majority of freeroam content is "spend millions to slowly grind those millions back" and that's fine, sometimes the activities you do are fun or interesting, but it's in no way something you must experience with your own GTA millions.

I'd pick up the del perro high end apt for 200k and now you have a garage to store cars, a room to host heists, a place to respawn from, and you can go from there. do missions, races, avoid almost all adversary modes, maybe join a friend's CEO or MC club and try those out before buying into them yourself. Keep an eye on the rockstar newswire because things going on sale is when to buy, things not being on sale is when to not buy.

your ingame phone will be blowing up literally nonstop with people whining at you to spend millions on whatever the latest grind is, sorry in advance, ignore them all

also someone on a flying, missile armed motorcycle will blow you up. and then someone with an armored muscle car with a twin minigun turret on the roof will kill you and drop proximity mines on your corpse. sorry in advance for these things that I have definitely not done to a level 1 player.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
For the love of God just look up how to do act II repeats & you'll never be poor again.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

For the love of God just look up how to do act II repeats & you'll never be poor again.

Step 1: Drop at least 1.6m on a facility that isn't in the rear end end of nowhere.

For what it's worth otherwise I've been playing quite a bit of the hunter adversary mode this week and it can pay reasonably well for low stakes grinding if you're on the winning team. To that end remix 1, 3 and 5 can go either way, but you need to be on the attacker side for any of the others. Winning a 2 round match nets about 35k, and 3 rounds about 50k...especially when you're solo and broke it's a lot more fun than banging your head against the heist walls with pubs.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Does it pay everyone in the team or just the host?

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I used to give out the advice that all you needed to terrorize pubbies have fun in GTA is a Bati 801, a micro uzi, compact grenade launcher and a bit of skill, but the power creep is real and that combo will lose most of the time to deluxos and oppressors.

Still a super cheap investment though!
If the bike life is for you then you can take it further by getting a basic clubhouse filled with 10 Bati 801s. That's under 300k and lets you chain summon bikes that regen your health while riding them right next to you so you never have to walk to your next victim.
If your tastes are more PVE get an Armoured Kuruma after the high end apt, nothing helps grinding like being bulletproof.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I have a love-hate relationship with the armored kuruma because over-using it teaches some bad practices and leads to people feeling dependent on their rolling bunker.

On the other hand, ain't nobody got time to steal hundreds of crates on foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'd say Kuruma should be one of the first car purchases, bad habits be damned.

It makes everything so much easier; crate grabs, heist setups, contact missions, etc...