Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I Said No posted:

Marble Hornets, a bunch of videos of absolutely nothing happening

I used to be so into this and the Slenderman ARGs. While they weren't great, a lot weren't terrible either. I rewatched Marble Hornets recently, and it's kinda fun to watch these kids get better at editing and acting as time goes on. Also, a lot of the stories were kinda cool. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone nowadays, but in my early 20s they were fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i do not think you need to explain liking marble hornets. it was fun for what it was.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's basically Where's Waldo but spooky. Which is pretty effective when you're really bored on a quiet night.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The Marble Hornets thread around 2010 was a real good time. One of the ARGs got the audience to make videos and stuff, a lot of us joined in.

There was one guy who'd come in every few months just to say "Guess I won't be sleeping tonight :gonk:" and that was funny

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

mojo1701a posted:

Does anyone have a good rundown on Romeo Rose? I was talking about goon-related trainwrecks with some other goons online, and couldn't exactly what happened with him, other than the creepiness, being a rapist, red shirt, and his insane chompers.

Oh, and the date someone went on with him. SAclopedia's giving me nothing, and Google has it all over the place.

Others here can do it better but, coincidentally, I just heard this segment about him - on Howard Stern of all places

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqYumaxy3-A

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
hey what was that e/n train wreck of some goon dating a way younger woman who was like p vulnerable, and he was a gross, sloppy kinkster who didn’t get it. she started posting in the thread at some point

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Head Bee Guy posted:

hey what was that e/n train wreck of some goon dating a way younger woman who was like p vulnerable, and he was a gross, sloppy kinkster who didn’t get it. she started posting in the thread at some point

I'm 31 and my teenage camgirlfriend hasn't cheated on me since Saturday!

She honestly seemed okay, if a little messed up; he was a creepy douche.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I'm 31 and my teenage camgirlfriend hasn't cheated on me since Saturday!

She honestly seemed okay, if a little messed up; he was a creepy douche.

Just read the thread. What a rollercoaster. I went in expecting the end result to be much worse than what played out.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

There was also a movie based on that ARG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Always_Watching:_A_Marble_Hornets_Story

By all accounts, it was better than the new slendy-bendy.

My understanding is that you could run an incredibly long and thin turd through a movie projector for 90 mins and it would be better than the new slenderman movie.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

One More Fat Nerd posted:

My understanding is that you could run an incredibly long and thin turd through a movie projector for 90 mins and it would be better than the new slenderman movie.

I might actually like to see that, in a dimly-lit theater "space" that is a converted warehouse populated by hipsters and stray puddles of hobo pee.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hipsters with their spaces

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

One More Fat Nerd posted:

It can't possibly be worse than the Marble Hornets movie was.

Who am I kidding it almost certainly is.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

In no particular order, here are the threads that are worthy of my 15 goddamn goon years:

Henriette, the Girl Who Believed She Was Married to Sai Baba by The Saddest Rhino and friends. (Link goes to scribd)
Who can out-chili my chili? porizj shares a "chili" recipe containing dried shiitake and onion soup mix; screams misogynistic butthurt towards the skies when goons are skeptical of its purported goodness.
BFC GIRL: What Can a Lazy Goon Cook? BlueStory loves Star Wars toys and ham more than her developing fetus; spends over a hundred dollars on Kids in the Hall t-shirts knowing that she has an upcoming additional family member while being in debt.
CPS took my kids this morning: Do I have a legal leg to stand on?= Goon loses his children due to neglect, then completely changes his whole life and gets his kids back. :unsmith:
CURTIS GOT SLAPPED BY A WHITE TEACHER!
Windows98 tries to come for Mrs. Lowtax; does not.
The storie of how my grandfather destroyed the bears!!!!
Should thissucks ask his coworker out? (It turns out, he shouldn't have- but he only has 1806 more hours of probation!) First thread, but no mod challenge here.
Into the horrible minds of children. You know those standardized tests that you took in primary school that really meant nothing, but were treated like a big deal? Well, someone was reading them. DAY I GOT COOKIE
How do I fix this zipline? MURDERING CHILDREN
PUNK HOUSE survival thread- Ours was called The Red House and the one time I went, I convinced some tweaker kid that i could summon Satan and he called me "DARK MISTRESS" for the whole night, which was p cool since I was 15.
I think my wife lied to me about having cancer yup
globalization!!!!! Goon anoxia tutors a girl who is, despite literally evidence to the contrary, intellectually advanced? There used to be a smilie of this.
Clingy bitch in this thread- Twerpy goonette loses her goddamn mind over her boyfriend, who is the president of a Lisa Loeb fan club, while exposing her beef curtains. IIRC the flickr photos still work.
I'm a male prostitute- it is not a happy thread.

Part one of probably many.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

I Said No posted:

Marble Hornets, a bunch of videos of absolutely nothing happening

Man that poo poo was dull

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
that windows 98 thing was just :discourse:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Tsaven Nava took a bike trip to Sexual Assault Town where it turns out he is a very, very bad dude.
Diary of a White Trash Girl. I now have the PDF of this with the original diary page scans, although they're hard to see. PM me.
Solve the Mystery of the Internet Whore! It includes flirting over AIM or something, so you know it's vintage goodness. Goon is catfished by a closeted gay acquaintance; no one really figures out why? Origin of :master:, I think.
I'm not sure if this is okay or not... Goon sniffs his sister's panties. It turns out, it was not okay.
The greatest science fiction of all time.
...except for Horrors, by Ben Biddick

Part 2 of whatever, oh my god, why do I have all these bookmarked

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

BFC GIRL: What Can a Lazy Goon Cook? BlueStory loves Star Wars toys and ham more than her developing fetus; spends over a hundred dollars on Kids in the Hall t-shirts knowing that she has an upcoming additional family member while being in debt.

quote:

-In May we are going to a Concert for Band A. I intend to purchase everything the merch booth has to offer.
-In July we are going to a Concert for Band B. No additional purchases intended.
-In August we are going to a Concert for Band C. No additional purchases intended.
-In August he is going to a Concert for Band D. It is not Star Wars related so I don't expect much in the way of purchases but hey you never know.
-In September we are going to Nashville for a couple of days.
-In November we are going to Grand Rapids for about a week.
-In December the new Star Wars movie comes out; we will be seeing this movie multiple times. We will also be purchasing all the action figures, and most likely buying a lot of other Star Wars merchandise all fall. With our current spending attitudes our Star Wars expenditures would probably quintuple, but I am hoping to have a budget in place that my husband can agree on before September 4 2015 aka "Force Friday".
-I want to go to DisneyWorld next year. PLEASE TALK ME OUT OF IT.
Also spent several months eating deli meats and fast food while pregnant while people in the thread screamed at her that she was seriously upping her risk of gestational diabetes. guess what condition she developed and came into the thread begging for help with.

For a quick summary, she and her husband (or maybe she just enabled him) were lining up at Target/Walmart/ToysR'Us and spending thousands on all the new Star Wars toys being released around The Force Awakens. Then, tried to save money by getting a new cellphone plan that required them to spend $1k on new phones for a incremental discount on the monthly bills.

Also, she was the primary breadwinner in the family, and there was apparently something about a trust for the husband but he wouldn't ever tell her how much it was (it was low). As for the reason these overgrown children wanted to have a child, wel...

quote:

Blue Story posted:

I never answered this before because I expected that the reason would be too audacious for belief and that the thread would be locked, but what the heck. I want to have a kid because I believe that the combined genetic heritage of myself and my husband is too valuable to waste, and that we will be improving our society and our world by our combined genetic heritage. It has too great a potential to just pass it by. I told my husband about five years ago that I decided we should have kids and he said he was fine with that. He is pretty excited now.

More soon.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 22:26 on Aug 21, 2018

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Oh my loving God I don't know how I forgot about the Lisa Loeb fanatic thread. Like, to this day I laugh every time I hear "Stay" but I had forgotten why until just now

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

We would get married except we are being discriminated against because we can't afford a marriage license!!!!!!

i only hear what i want to

e: I could not read the Blue Story thread live; it freaked me out.
ee: because I like both Star Wars and Kids in the Hall, and I don't want to be associated with these people. I can make my own sandwiches, though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

can u post the lad strolling across america with a pram and a toy gun please, tia

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

can u post the lad strolling across america with a pram and a toy gun please, tia

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Good old Crazy Jake. Planned to cross Mississippi in the middle of July.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

Hiking Across America: My Clothes Were Too Heavy

One of the all-time best.

e:fb!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ah muerte

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480

fleta be too quick

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

hahahaah holy poo poo

Okay, let me make up for that with one more:

The Collected Chronicles of Brian.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

if this was the old west pentyne would have shot you to pieces, luckily i think the bowlegged eggman sheriff always survives p well in these things

ty for the links

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Need to see if I can find the old pyf roomates from hell thread. That had some insane stories that were :stare: incarnate

Oh god frankie the dildo threads in the goldmine to

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Also "our amazing genetic heritage must not be lost", star wars family were possibly white supremacists

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

all my dna comes from the parts of ireland that the brits sent people to as punishment worse than death. it's not a prison or anything just loving poo poo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
23 and me was brutal on you too huh

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

if this was the old west pentyne would have shot you to pieces, luckily i think the bowlegged eggman sheriff always survives p well in these things

ty for the links

I just browsed through it and found that back then I did a "best of" his posts up to a certain point, including his

"I'm 26 years old and never cooked a day in my life, but I could start whenever I want"

"I've lived off chicken fingers, burgers, and pizza my entire adult life"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

sneakyfrog posted:

23 and me was brutal on you too huh

haven't done it yet in case it turns out someone in my family is from Carlow or a west brit, the pub talk would be brutal after.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thank you for that, Fleta.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Anyone have a link to the thread of the goon whose roommate built a smaller “studio apartment” in their apartment? And was totally going to rent it out.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

In no particular order, here are the threads that are worthy of my 15 goddamn goon years:

Henriette, the Girl Who Believed She Was Married to Sai Baba by The Saddest Rhino and friends. (Link goes to scribd)
Who can out-chili my chili? porizj shares a "chili" recipe containing dried shiitake and onion soup mix; screams misogynistic butthurt towards the skies when goons are skeptical of its purported goodness.
CPS took my kids this morning: Do I have a legal leg to stand on?= Goon loses his children due to neglect, then completely changes his whole life and gets his kids back. :unsmith:
CURTIS GOT SLAPPED BY A WHITE TEACHER!
Windows98 tries to come for Mrs. Lowtax; does not.
The storie of how my grandfather destroyed the bears!!!!
Should thissucks ask his coworker out? (It turns out, he shouldn't have- but he only has 1806 more hours of probation!) First thread, but no mod challenge here.
Into the horrible minds of children. You know those standardized tests that you took in primary school that really meant nothing, but were treated like a big deal? Well, someone was reading them. DAY I GOT COOKIE
How do I fix this zipline? MURDERING CHILDREN
PUNK HOUSE survival thread- Ours was called The Red House and the one time I went, I convinced some tweaker kid that i could summon Satan and he called me "DARK MISTRESS" for the whole night, which was p cool since I was 15.
I think my wife lied to me about having cancer yup
globalization!!!!! Goon anoxia tutors a girl who is, despite literally evidence to the contrary, intellectually advanced? There used to be a smilie of this.
Clingy bitch in this thread- Twerpy goonette loses her goddamn mind over her boyfriend, who is the president of a Lisa Loeb fan club, while exposing her beef curtains. IIRC the flickr photos still work.
I'm a male prostitute- it is not a happy thread.

Part one of probably many.

Oh my god. I clicked the chili one. I forgot when the internet did the weird tough talk chili recipe thing. Ugh. I might of posted in there.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Let me tell you about Bond.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Oh jesus, the wife lying about cancer one caught my eye and I've been reading through that. Of course there's a bunch of goons saying that lying to your husband about being treated for cancer for months just isn't that big a deal.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The greatest science fiction of all time.
...except for Horrors, by Ben Biddick

Part 2 of whatever, oh my god, why do I have all these bookmarked

actually this is the greatest science fiction of all time

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

purple death ray posted:

Also "our amazing genetic heritage must not be lost", star wars family were possibly white supremacists

Wasn’t that also the husband who ate literally nothing but fast food and she claimed that he would have a violent allergic reaction to even the smell of an orange or something?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Anyone know whatever happened to the EN thread where a goons wife graduated college (paid for by the goon) and immediately started working towards a divorce? She was telling friends and family how abusive he was etc and somehow discovered that he was posting about the situation here on SA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Glenn Quebec posted:

Oh my god. I clicked the chili one. I forgot when the internet did the weird tough talk chili recipe thing. Ugh. I might of posted in there.

"Anything to get the taste of your chili out of their mouths" is a pro-tier slam.