Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
https://twitter.com/lolarkangyle/status/1030655107816349696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Are people really still hardstuck bronze these days? Everyone I know ends up in Silver and stays there at worst now

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yes

Dancer
May 23, 2011
My friend was hardstuck in literally bronze V, AMA.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dancer posted:

The person who founded our esports program at my college was in bronze 5 after 500 ranked games.

No wonder he was bad at tanking for our HotS team :v:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Dancer posted:

mine too. it is amazing down there

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Maybe they’re just playing on potato pcs with horrible internet connections, who knows.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I'm in B5 this season.

(I did my flex placements only for a quest, haven't touched solo queue coz my connection has been trash until I moved recently)

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I want to know what play actually looks like down there. I'm in S1-S2 at the moment and see such infuriating poo poo. I can't imagine how completely braindead the play must look that low.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

Boxman posted:

I want to know what play actually looks like down there. I'm in S1-S2 at the moment and see such infuriating poo poo. I can't imagine how completely braindead the play must look that low.

There are videos on the YouTube you know.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Boxman posted:

people have no concept of what the game is, and it differs from person to person. i saw a jungle who just farmed the jungle, never once ganking people, without buying items. another person played katarina, started racking up kills, and tried to buy a second mejais, before trying to solo baron and dying

E: most commonly people do not respect gold, never cs, and buy bad items though. then they pick fights for no reason

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 20, 2018

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I actually tried to get a fresh alt account to bronze 5 once. I couldn't even lose my way below silver 5 on purpose. I really don't know how people get that low by accident.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Boxman posted:

It's not the play, it's the attitudes that are the worst. someone on your team dies before 6 min in? instant flame fest. or it's maligned whining "this is why YOU are in bronze " just massive dunning Krueger going on.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
For a blast from the past... y'all remember Gullin15 :v: ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjPsQ6Buuec

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

TheTofuShop posted:

It's not the play, it's the attitudes that are the worst. someone on your team dies before 6 min in? instant flame fest. or it's maligned whining "this is why YOU are in bronze " just massive dunning Krueger going on.

i watched my friend who got 11 cs at 10 minutes entirely unprompted near endgame get called a “loving noob bronze” by another bronze 5 gentleman who was playing vayne with 3 unupgraded bf swords

E: no boots either. just the bf swords

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I got called boosted in a bronze game once.

I'm silver 5 now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

noice
https://twitter.com/sesaluna/status/1031647116966285312

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Jesus christ riot.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Dancer posted:

For a blast from the past... y'all remember Gullin15 :v: ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjPsQ6Buuec

Man watching that video again after getting way better at the game then I was when I watched it the first time is amazing. He takes so much free damage from walking into his wave for no reason when Talon is using Rake for waveclear...

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 21, 2018

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Man watching that video again after getting way better at the game then I was when I watched it the first time is amazing. He takes so much free damage from walking into his wave for no reason when Talon is using Rake for waveclear...

It's about momentum dude. It's Xin's fault, he hosed it all up.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Dancer posted:

It's about momentum dude. It's Xin's fault, he hosed it all up.

ez game, ez life

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I remember when Gullin would pay to get boosted only to lose all that Elo almost immediately and have to pay to get boosted again a month later

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

gullin was a legend

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
this is some serious bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DapO0WS-Zo

Dancer
May 23, 2011

rekt

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t mind playing against Pyke too much but his invis is bulllllllshit for the utility and damage he has. They try to tank my boy Tahm and leave that bastard alone.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ahahahah owned

I feel your pain buddy :smith:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Being a support main forever, I've had many a quadra but never a penta (apart from aram) so that one really smarts

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

el dingo posted:

Being a support main forever, I've had many a quadra but never a penta (apart from aram) so that one really smarts

My one and only penta came from ARAM where I kinda sleptwalk into a bunch of people as four item Vayne. Think the closest I've come in ranked is a few triples on support Lux.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

it wouldnt have been earned

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
It wouldn't even have counted. Vlad dying didn't register as a quadra, so the penta chance was gone before the surrender anyway

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/moobeat/status/1032454832630779905

DISCO
NUNU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's insane how good Nunu bot is, he's like practically an ultimate skin now

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Firebert posted:

It's insane how good Nunu bot is, he's like practically an ultimate skin now
His voice alone was better than anything about Pulsefire Ezreal

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, I want to leave my prediction here: This year's skin will be Victorious Zyra, and in keeping tradition with Zyra not having any Chromas, they'll drop the one chroma per queue idea.

RealFoxy posted:

Are people really still hardstuck bronze these days? Everyone I know ends up in Silver and stays there at worst now

I know two people who are hardstuck at Bronze V.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Elentor posted:

So, I want to leave my prediction here: This year's skin will be Victorious Zyra, and in keeping tradition with Zyra not having any Chromas, they'll drop the one chroma per queue idea.

I know two people who are hardstuck at Bronze V.

it's possible to do poorly enough, for long enough, that you are literally better off just starting a new account vs trying to climb.

the path that my buddy took: despite never play a moba before, immediately start playing nothing but ranked at lvl 30... as jungle evelynn exclusively.

(he's silver something now I think, still just playing eve, on a new account)

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I don't get how you guys can be "baffled" how someone can be stuck in bronze. People are different and have different skill levels/levels of dedication.

Do you get "baffled" when you meet someone who can play guitar but they can only actually strum a few chords?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is nunu out yet

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
If after 10 years they’re gone no further than playing 5 chords out of time and bitch about how nobody wants to be in a band with them yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

duck trucker posted:

I don't get how you guys can be "baffled" how someone can be stuck in bronze. People are different and have different skill levels/levels of dedication.

Do you get "baffled" when you meet someone who can play guitar but they can only actually strum a few chords?

because you can try to lose your way to bronze 5 and not even make it below silver thanks to your team carrying every other game.