Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its pretty good.
The MC is a genuinely enjoyable character and, so far, internally consistent.

And the best thing conceptually about it: explianing your powers makes them stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Ogata is the best girl. Fight me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But really it's the teacher or tiny senpai.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lol

We Can't Study remains the only good manga of this genre, primarily because it keeps the focus almost entirely on comedy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
man, i wish there was an inosuke outfit in a real mh game and not the lovely phone game.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Ytlaya posted:

lol

We Can't Study remains the only good manga of this genre, primarily because it keeps the focus almost entirely on comedy.

This,

While it does have the romantic subplot and every now and then chapters have to end on that "Dawwww" note.
The focus is on comedy. And most of the jokes manage to hit. Glad to see it's getting an anime adaptation.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
We Can't Study is likely getting an anime announcement this week.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I hope the anime announcement has "We Never Learn" plastered over every bit of it.

I will be super happy to read the announcement regardless tho, that series is fantastic and I look forward to going through it again in animation. Here's hoping they cast the hell out of it since it's gonna live and die first by true to the art and then in close second the girls' performances.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I feel pretty secure in it. If only for the fact that WSJ really wants to have a new Nisekoi.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Let's hope We Never Learn just stays as it is. Nisekoi was a weekly waste of eleven pages.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
So besides WNL, Doctor Stone, and series less than a year old, every other Jump series right now has an anime adaptation either made or in the works, right?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

We Never Learn also has a pretty likeable protagonist. He manages to come off like a genuinely good guy, rather than being the exact same template as your typical shounen romcom.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a dr stone anime would be cool but I wouldn't mind them waiting longer to do it so we can avoid filler hell for a little longer

watch they throw the adaption to pierrot or something

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

We Never Learn also has a pretty likeable protagonist. He manages to come off like a genuinely good guy, rather than being the exact same template as your typical shounen romcom.

All of them are pretty good and likeable people, even teacher at some level deep down.

I'm not sure if I want to watch an anime version.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

a dr stone anime would be cool but I wouldn't mind them waiting longer to do it so we can avoid filler hell for a little longer

watch they throw the adaption to pierrot or something
I'm hoping the newcomers get decent adaptations. Kimetsu has Ufotable so if they just kinda show up it should be solid. The Promised Neverland got Cloverworks, so who the hell knows how that'll turn out.

Hinomaru got Gonzo which probably means it's gonna not be great because it's like Madhouse where most of their best talent basically left ages ago. Black Clover got massively owned by Pierrot, who basically threw it and Tokyo Ghoul in the trash to pump up Boruto which is absolute trash to begin with.

I can't recall who did Souma or who is doing Yuuna, but the first kinda ran out of gas at the 3rd season and the latter is a pretty lame ecchi series.

E: Also Noah's Notes is apparently axed as of the coming issue. :rip:

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 21, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Meanwhile, back at Fairy Tail IN SPACE...

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Still a fun and goofy read.
Shut up, future cat!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I enjoy how aggressively itself all of Mashima's stuff is to the point I don't actually care if it's any good.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The man does what he loves with sincerity and bless him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
And speaking of Fairy Tail... some stuff is happening in the sequel.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
It's Chapter 76 of We Never Learn.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Hmm. Hmm! Tsutsui-sensei's art and designs are definitely cuter than the promotional image. I'll wait for a PV though- good performances and style could make up for that.

Chapter was super cute, though also a little sad.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hm, I'm not sure whether this means it's likely she's going to win or less likely. On one hand, creating the drama gives her pairing more "weight," while on the other hand it's a good excuse for her to be "removed" near the ending.

edit: Overall I'd say that Uruka and Furuhashi have the highest chances.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I know this ship was never happening (she was coded as The Little Mermaid for goodness sake).

That said; she is the only person out of the female cast who has a clear, understandable goal, wasn’t living in a dump, and, by and large, had her head screwed on properly.

This sucks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just clearing the path for Nariyuki to save sensei from herself.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ConanThe3rd posted:

I know this ship was never happening (she was coded as The Little Mermaid for goodness sake).

That said; she is the only person out of the female cast who has a clear, understandable goal, wasn’t living in a dump, and, by and large, had her head screwed on properly.

This sucks.

She's not going anywhere for a while; my guess is she'll leave whenever they decide to end the series. She will confess to Nariyuki and give the best wishes to his relationship with either Furuhashi or udon glasses girl (I'm terrible with names in this series).

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

She's not going anywhere for a while; my guess is she'll leave whenever they decide to end the series. She will confess to Nariyuki and give the best wishes to his relationship with either Furuhashi or udon glasses girl (I'm terrible with names in this series).

Their names are Nari- I mean, Yuiga, Rizurin, Fumocchi, Senpai, and Sensei.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm still thinking it'll be Uruka end just cause she's the main one he usually has subconscious feelings about, and she's probably the one who picked him up at the end of the festival just cause the manga clearly showed the other two getting up while not showing her, and framing it as a mystery.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

It could still happen, also it gives you a bittersweet ending. Having her study abroad while Yuiga gets his personal stuff sorted out and them meeting up a few years later.
That's also a trope. Or having him chase the airplane.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Good to see her furthering her goals. But I still hope she ends up with nariyuki. She's the only one who is actively pursuing him and who has a somewhat equal relationship.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/eden-s-zero/en/0/9/page/1

New Eden's Zero

Did not take long for this to turn completely into Fairy Tail.

1. Last chapter cliffhanger that turns out to be nothing? Check!
2. Female main character does not get a fight but has to deal with some fetish freak(s)? Check!
3. Main character solves all problems while the rest watches? Check!
4. FRIENDSHIP! Check!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mulderman posted:

2. Female main character does not get a fight but has to deal with some fetish freak(s)? Check!

She immediately starts shooting at the perverts instead of just making a bunch of crazy reaction faces, so that's kinda new.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She immediately starts shooting at the perverts instead of just making a bunch of crazy reaction faces, so that's kinda new.

Yeah, Rebecca is a lot more hardcore than Lucy.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Space Tail is a really fun comic with lively art but its lacking something intangible.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The core cast isn't assembled yet, by which I mean bring in Erza.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pirate erza's around. she's just not their friend yet

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I never read Fairy Tale, but does the Friendship crap keep this present in the story? It's a bit much.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this isn't even close to fairy tale levels of friendship yet

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

"Tears dry into an angry rage! A fist filled with friendship explodes!!!"
Is pretty peak Fairy Tail though.

But yes, We've yet to see the main cast holding hands and try to beat the apocalypse dragon using the power of friendship. So we've got a ways to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sharkopath posted:

Space Tail is a really fun comic with lively art but its lacking something intangible.

Yeah, Space Gray and Space Ezra.