Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

NienNunb posted:

I rented Luigi's Mansion when I was a kid but I was too scared to play more than 5 minutes of it

That sucks to hear because it's really short and they even put a counter on your save file for how many times you beat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Nintendo stays winning

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

That ought to shut the GTA IV fanboys up

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lobster Harmonica posted:

That ought to shut the GTA IV fanboys up

Yes, all those GTA IV fanboys that I'm always hearing about these days

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mr. Sophistication posted:

Yes, all those GTA IV fanboys that I'm always hearing about these days

:geno:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wow only $60 for the worst Saints Row game AND the Anthony Burch DLC? Whoa, I, whatever, you know what I’m tired of sarcasm. This sucks rear end.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Between dark souls and saints row 3 and Skyrim and LA Noire 2011 is looking like a great year for the switch

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 21, 2018

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Wow only $60 for the worst Saints Row game AND the Anthony Burch DLC? Whoa, I, whatever, you know what I’m tired of sarcasm. This sucks rear end.

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Video games are good, imho. If you're a brokebrained weirdo who likes to just complain about poo poo might I suggest the Games forum.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Video games are good, imho. If you're a brokebrained weirdo who likes to just complain about poo poo might I suggest the Games forum.

This.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

American McGay posted:

Saint’s Row 3 is poo poo.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Saints Row 2 is one of the best open world games ever made, and Red Faction Guerrilla is awesome, and I still don’t entirely know what happened to Volition that caused them to go from making great games to making bad ones like Saints Row 3 and 4 and Red Faction Armageddon, and unmitigated trash like Gat Outta Hell and Agents Of Mayhem

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Saint’s Row 3 is poo poo.
Agreed, but it being available to people who want it is a good thing and I'm certainly not going to get upset by it. Whoever they've tasked with porting it probably wasn't going to be creating a brand new kickass game, so it's hard to feel like this situation is a net negative.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

American McGay posted:

Agreed, but it being available to people who want it is a good thing and I'm certainly not going to get upset by it. Whoever they've tasked with porting it probably wasn't going to be creating a brand new kickass game, so it's hard to feel like this situation is a net negative.

A person willing to pay full price for Saint’s Row The Third seven years on doesn’t deserve a port, they deserve a bullet.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the 60 dollar ports of 10 year old games that run worse than the originals are really lovely and obviously just trying to gouge a few ignorant people

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I actually think it is extremely cool they ported the worst Saints Row game from like eight years ago so they could be like, “oh well I guess no one wants to buy Switch games” when people don’t want it, that’s a cool practice

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

the 60 dollar ports of 10 year old games that run worse than the originals are really lovely and obviously just trying to gouge a few ignorant people
Where's a $60 port of a 10 year old game?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

Where's a $60 port of a 10 year old game?

dont be a pain in the rear end. savvy people wont get it, just saying its a lovely practice that hurts the switch

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I cannot believe that Nintendo is putting bad games and shovelware on their console

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://twitter.com/NintendoUKVS/status/1031820704038023168 sick

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

YOU ARE ALL IGNORANT I shout through the bullhorn by the 3rd party Wii titles section at Best Buy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I cannot believe that Nintendo is putting bad games and shovelware on their console

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

dont be a pain in the rear end. savvy people wont get it, just saying its a lovely practice that hurts the switch
It doesn't hurt anything you freaking weirdo.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

You’re like 1% removed from Games. Stay under the radar dude.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Post with a love of game's in your heart, and you will be at home wherever you wander.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

Luigi’s mansion is really good but I wish they just made a switch remake.

When future shop existed, they were giving away copies of Luigi’s mansion if you preordered Mario sunshine. It was probably the best preorder bonus there has ever been

Yeah, a Switch remake of either game would be good. I'd also pay a dumb amount of money for them just to port over some of the 3DS games in a way that let me see them on my TV. One of my favorite things about the Wii U was being able to do that with some of the DS games.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wtf Snake has a really weird face

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

net cafe scandal posted:

You’re like 1% removed from Games. Stay under the radar dude.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Its confusing, but Snake is the human. The lizard is named King K. Rool.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

The noise it makes whenever you get a KO now is kinda cool

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Wtf Snake has a really weird face

I don’t get why he has like a full beard but it is okay I guess.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Don't listen to the video first

cruel or kay rule?

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don’t get why he has like a full beard but it is okay I guess.

a friend told me that smash snake is meant to be a hybrid of snake + big boss but I bet he made that up

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

You think this post is BUNNY?!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i mean he was in brawl so

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

a friend told me that smash snake is meant to be a hybrid of snake + big boss but I bet he made that up

I mean he has MGS3 camo options so I get it but I don’t remember Big Boss having a beard either

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in brawl hes canonically mgs1 snake, with mgs3 camos for flavor. he even calls the colonel for intel on his stage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Don't listen to the video first

cruel or kay rule?

Kay rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

I mean he has MGS3 camo options so I get it but I don’t remember Big Boss having a beard either

MGS3 and Brawl were hella memorable to me so when I went back to replay Twin Snakes one day and he didn't have a beard I was like "drat. could have sworn he had a beard."