Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Pretty true to size. I'm a 32 waist and they fit just right. If unsure I'd order an inch up, they come with a built in cinch belt. The actual material has a lot of stretch but the stitching on the waist doesn't let it really loosen up.

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 20:10 on Aug 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Trabant posted:

What's the sizing like on those? I've got some long flights ahead of me and want to be somewhat comfortable without sacrificing all dignity. Those would be a better option than regressing into full Slav and wearing a tracksuit.

You can try them on if you can find an REI near you. I tried several sizes because I wanted to make sure something I’m gonna walk in a lot isn’t too tight or loose where it matters, and ended up going with my normal jeans size.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Valar Morghulis posted:

Tickets to that.

Hasa Diga Eboi!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

After 40 years of carrying a tri-fold wallet, I got one of these.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Another Walkman.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

obi_ant posted:

Hasa Diga Eboi!

Bought this after seeing the show.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Valar Morghulis posted:

Bought this after seeing the show.

I have a Planet Orlando shirt, since I live there.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

evobatman posted:

Another Walkman.

Good poo poo. DAT is pretty much the only media type I dont have yet.

I decided my iPhone wasn’t cutting it for my digital music so I got a dedicated player that accepts microsd cards, with support for some snazzy codecs and filetypes.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

ChocNitty posted:

Good poo poo. DAT is pretty much the only media type I dont have yet.

I decided my iPhone wasn’t cutting it for my digital music so I got a dedicated player that accepts microsd cards, with support for some snazzy codecs and filetypes.

This looks cool, what is it?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Good choice. I made the switch from a bi-fold to something similar a year ago and never regretted it.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

I had the...no..fold? Phil's Wallet but I didn't like having to fold cash all the time so I upgraded to the bi-fold. Happy medium, still pretty thin. I wish I had a pic of my dads wallet to show you guys. Its gotta be 3" thick. I attribute all his back pain to having that in his pocket. (its really arthritis)

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

martinlutherbling posted:

Looks like a fiio m7

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

codo27 posted:

I had the...no..fold? Phil's Wallet but I didn't like having to fold cash all the time so I upgraded to the bi-fold. Happy medium, still pretty thin. I wish I had a pic of my dads wallet to show you guys. Its gotta be 3" thick. I attribute all his back pain to having that in his pocket. (its really arthritis)

I tend to just keep cards/IDs in my wallet and it is about 2" thick. You just made me pull it out and look at it, I found $28 cash and a 2 year old christmas check from my grandmother for $50 in the cash pocket of it. I love finding forgotten money :)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tough break on cheques being void after a year, no?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

180 days, usually

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
nope, just photo deposit it and all it cares about is routing and checking numbers...and there is money in that account.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

martinlutherbling posted:

Its a Fiio M7. I got a pretty amazing deal on it. I wouldnt pay what it retails for but for half price yes. Only downside is no wifi/apps. Just a straight forward music playing machine with good build quality and battery life.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bat-shoes:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

evobatman posted:

Another Walkman.

I can't wait for another 40 years to pass and see people collecting Zines.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've been looking for an intact and reasonably priced Kosmos tea pot to go with my tea cups for about 20 years and finally snagged one at a flea market.

I'm a sucker for 60s-70s design; the browner the better :mmmhmm:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm a sucker for 60s-70s design; the browner the better :mmmhmm:

There's something about that malaise-era motif when everything looked like it sat in a chain smoker's apartment for a decade and just absorbed all those brown smoke stains. I love it. Good find.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tuxedo Ted posted:

There's something about that malaise-era motif when everything looked like it sat in a chain smoker's apartment for a decade and just absorbed all those brown smoke stains. I love it. Good find.

For that aesthetic I think Ruska is the ultimate form (they made the same model in a shitload of patterns):

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Solice Kirsk posted:

I can't wait for another 40 years to pass and see people collecting Zines.

As a "that guy" and subscriber to /r/Zune, I can tell you it's been happening for years. People already want over MSRP.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Rolo posted:

You can try them on if you can find an REI near you. I tried several sizes because I wanted to make sure something I’m gonna walk in a lot isn’t too tight or loose where it matters, and ended up going with my normal jeans size.

Did just that and yes, they were true to my jeans size as well and felt very comfortable too. That said, the leg opening was super-wide so I passed on getting them as travel pants. I suppose it makes sense, they're meant for hiking and other activities where you'd wear boots.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Glottis posted:

As a "that guy" and subscriber to /r/Zune, I can tell you it's been happening for years. People already want over MSRP.

My brother bought one when they came out, still works great, still uses it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Zune HD has hands down been the best gadget I've ever bought. It was too bad they crumbled, it honestly smoked the competition and is still nicer than basically all available mp3 players except on space

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Why was it so good?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I love my Zune HD and use it like 2-3 times per year still.

Why do they crumble? :ohdear:

And it was good because it was small, lightweight, built in glass and brushed metal, had a great OLED screen with a responsive interface, great sound, and the software was amazing both as MP3 software for your computer and for managing your device, compared to the trash fire that was iTunes on Windows.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

welcome to the social

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Nice. What is this crumbling you speak of?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Steakandchips posted:

Nice. What is this crumbling you speak of?

I think he's talking about the brand/product failing not the physical device dissolving.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

JEEVES420 posted:

I tend to just keep cards/IDs in my wallet and it is about 2" thick. You just made me pull it out and look at it, I found $28 cash and a 2 year old christmas check from my grandmother for $50 in the cash pocket of it. I love finding forgotten money :)

I'll take a 10% cut please and thanks

Fuckin finally.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

codo27 posted:

Fuckin finally.

drat, even the controller is low res and pixelated

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

OSU_Matthew posted:

drat, even the controller is low res and pixelated

Anything is a dildo if you're brave enough, Jensen.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

codo27 posted:

Fuckin finally.

I bought one in 2016 and it's still the best purchase I've made since then. It's my Plex server, all media, and emulator game box in one.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Are the Shield TV controllers any better/different than the ones you could buy for use with the Shield tablet? I had 2 of those just die on me a couple years ago. One day they worked, plugged them in to charge, and next day they refused to turn on. If the controllers for the Shield TV are better then I'll probably buy one of those bundles too since it'll probably be a better Plex server than my old crappy desktop is.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Tees:

Rome: Total War on my phone

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Is this just an Alexander the Great fan tee? If so, I think I might need it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just purchased this beauty. 2017 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in lapis blue pearl. I :love: the color. This thing is loaded and only has 4500 miles on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
mmm That new car smell

I have a 2016 Outback and I really like the Subaru interior these days. EyeSight is also really cool.