Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Adrian Peterson is now a Washington Redskin.

I just dropped Tyler Eifert for him. So I'm spending the next two weeks with no TE but plenty of stupid flyers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

89 posted:

Looks good to me. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I'm going to bump TE up 0.5 pts to give them a little more value.

yeah, TE is obviously short. May even be better with +yardage points. In your scoring, RB12 in PPG was Dion @ 14.7. In just HPPR, it was Freeman @ 12.9. For you, WR12 in PPG was AJG @ 13.6 (1.1 less, outscored by 8%) - and obviously the gap was higher at higher ranks. In HPPR, it was Thielen @ 12.1 (0.8 gap, outscored by 6%).

Relative to just flat HPPR, you have given the top RBs an advantage compared to WRs, when they were already outscoring them. That's my point. The top RBs, who were already the highest scoring position players are improved even more relative to the pack.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 20, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I dropped Rod Smith who I drafted in case Elliott went down. All Day Purple Jesus come back from the dead please

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kiimo posted:

I dropped Rod Smith who I drafted in case Elliott went down. All Day Purple Jesus come back from the dead please

Hoping for him to rise on the third team?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

IcePhoenix posted:

Hoping for him to rise on the third team?

I support this message.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
.5 PPR

I had such a terrible draft, I'm thinking of moving Bell to right the ship

What should I be trying to get in return?

QB: Big Ben, Goff
RB: Bell, Collins, CJ Anderson, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Jordan Wilkins, Matt Breida
WR: M. Thomas, D. Thomas, Sanders, Kupp
TE: Engram

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 20, 2018

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Is it a 2 qb league?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

.5 PPR

RB: Bell, Collins, CJ Anderson, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Jordan Wilkins, Matt Breida

How many teams, how many starters?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

12 Team
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, D/ST

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
Does anyone mind giving me a bit of input/thoughts before my draft later this week. It's a 1ppr keeper league, I get to keep 2 players off this team and any rookies (which I don't have so it doesn't matter).

Anyway, I'm completely hamstrung because I have basically 1 sure fire pick (Bell), and then have to choose between 1 of 3 other potential prospects: McCoy, Hill or Hilton. I'm super torn...

On one hand, McCoy could be a total bust pending whatever happens with this legal stuff going on with him. Hill is probably one of my favorite current players in the league but I'm sort of uncertain about Mahomes, and Hilton could be a great WR pickup with Luck back in action. Thoughts?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

IKillForPie posted:

Does anyone mind giving me a bit of input/thoughts before my draft later this week. It's a 1ppr keeper league, I get to keep 2 players off this team and any rookies (which I don't have so it doesn't matter).

Anyway, I'm completely hamstrung because I have basically 1 sure fire pick (Bell), and then have to choose between 1 of 3 other potential prospects: McCoy, Hill or Hilton. I'm super torn...

On one hand, McCoy could be a total bust pending whatever happens with this legal stuff going on with him. Hill is probably one of my favorite current players in the league but I'm sort of uncertain about Mahomes, and Hilton could be a great WR pickup with Luck back in action. Thoughts?

If there's no cost associated with them I would keep Hilton.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Given how he looked last night, any thoughts on dropping Gallup to stash Dixon for the next few weeks?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Better deep bench random lottery ticket hold:

DJ Chark

or

Geoff Swaim

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Given how he looked last night, any thoughts on dropping Gallup to stash Dixon for the next few weeks?

Being a Collins owner, I’m grabbing.

Gallup is your best option to drop?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Alfalfa posted:

.5 PPR

That's actually not a bad team imo. I don't see the need for Ben AND Goff though. Also probably wouldn't have drafted DT and Manny Sanders. Any Steelers homers in your league? Maybe try to package Sanders and Ben for another WR.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Startup Dynasty Salary Cap Draft looking for 6 more teams

Interested?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Goff seems like a good backup target given that he has some really lovely opponents during the early bye weeks. Like a Smith/Goff tandem is probably going to be cheap and effective.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

Being a Collins owner, I’m grabbing.

Gallup is your best option to drop?

Yup. Half PPR:

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Todd Gurley
RB: Jay Ajayi
WR: AJ Green
WR: Stefon Diggs
WR: Alshon Jeffery
TE:
FLX: Carlos Hyde
DST:

B: Emmanuel Sanders
B: Kenny Golladay
B: Ronald Jones
B: Tarik Cohen
B: John Brown
B: Adrian Peterson
B: Michael Gallup

Once waivers are unlocked (9/4 at noon, FCFS) I'll have to drop two players for a TE and DST.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

.5 PPR

It helps to know how many players you start.

QB: Just drop Goff. Ben has tons of weapons, is a viable starter, and you won't get anything for him if you try to trade.
RB: I don't hate this group of players. Bell and Collins should be viable starters (use the Goff drop to grab Dixon), Anderson has upside, locking up Jones and Williams is good, and Breida is fine as a stash.
WR: I'm assuming you start two WRs and a flex given what you drafted here, it's good. This must be an 8 team league if you got Bell and Michael Thomas.
TE: Engram is great.

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD

89 posted:

Startup Dynasty Salary Cap Draft looking for 6 more teams

Interested?

I'm in a lot of leagues already but I could be interested.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

LesBeardly posted:

I'm in a lot of leagues already but I could be interested.

------------------------
12 Teams
$50 Buy In
- 25 Roster Spots, 3 IR, 4 Taxi Squad
- Salary Cap (with drop penalties and annual increase)
- Year One Auction Draft (the week after next) to assign values and allow teams to build as they want to.
- NFL style Rookie Drafts + Free Agency Auction Drafts
- Salary Cap Space per Team = $1000 (free market assigns player values through Auction Draft)
- $400 per team FAAB waiver (Separate bidding money. Winning auction value for a player is that player's value against the cap)
------------------Starting Lineup-------------------
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
2 FLEX
1 Super Flex
15 bench
------------------Scoring Highlights-------------------
Lot of the typical scoring stuff, thennnn...
Passing TDs - 6 pts
Passing INTs - -2
Rushing/Receiving TDs - 6 pts
PPR - 0.5 pts
PPR TE - 1 pt
1st Downs to RB/WR - 0.5 pts
1st Downs to TE - 1 pt
40+ Yard TDs - 7 pts (1 pt bonus + 6 pt TD)
--------------------Payouts-------------------
1st Place - $250
2nd Place - $125
3rd Place - $75
4th Place - $50
---------------------Playoffs-------------------
- 5 Team Playoffs (3 Division Winners, 1 Wildcard Game)
- Consolation Pool Bracket for the 1.13 Rookie Draft spot (extra 1st round pick)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It helps to know how many players you start.

QB: Just drop Goff. Ben has tons of weapons, is a viable starter, and you won't get anything for him if you try to trade.
RB: I don't hate this group of players. Bell and Collins should be viable starters (use the Goff drop to grab Dixon), Anderson has upside, locking up Jones and Williams is good, and Breida is fine as a stash.
WR: I'm assuming you start two WRs and a flex given what you drafted here, it's good. This must be an 8 team league if you got Bell and Michael Thomas.
TE: Engram is great.

It’s 12 Team
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, D/ST

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Looking for at least two managers in a 12-man Yahoo standard league, $30 buy-in. Draft date according to Doodle votes.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866302

AND

Looking for at least one manager in a 12-man Yahoo standard KEEPER league, $30 buy-in. Draft date according to Doodle votes.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866301

:getin:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yup. Half PPR:

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Todd Gurley
RB: Jay Ajayi
WR: AJ Green
WR: Stefon Diggs
WR: Alshon Jeffery
TE:
FLX: Carlos Hyde
DST:

B: Emmanuel Sanders
B: Kenny Golladay
B: Ronald Jones
B: Tarik Cohen
B: John Brown
B: Adrian Peterson
B: Michael Gallup

Once waivers are unlocked (9/4 at noon, FCFS) I'll have to drop two players for a TE and DST.

Personally, I'd drop Smoky Brown before Gallup. You don't just get better from sickle cell. There's also that despite all the hype this offseason, Joe Flacco's second WR has an average finish of WR44.

I just really like Gallup and don't believe in Smoky, if we're being honest with ourselves.

The line between Gallup and Golladay is up to personal preference, as well.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Personally, I'd drop Smoky Brown before Gallup. You don't just get better from sickle cell. There's also that despite all the hype this offseason, Joe Flacco's second WR has an average finish of WR44.

I just really like Gallup and don't believe in Smoky, if we're being honest with ourselves.

I might just keep them both then. One of the reasons Dixon looks so good is because apparently Collins isn't being played much. So I could see Dixon being someone to keep on the bench, but I don't think he'll get the starting job too soon.

Spoeank posted:

If Smokey is good enough he could easily surpass Crabtree to be the WR1. Also SCT isn't uncommon; apparently Tevin Coleman and Ty Montgomery also have it. Brown says a lot of his performance issues were due to a cyst on his spine.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I guess I just don't see a world where Smoky passes Crabtree as the WR1 though. Crabtree's "down season" last year was just the pie of the Raiders offense shrinking around him. He did Michael Crabtree things (catch rate 3% lower & Y/R almost identical to the 3 seasons prior since returning from his Achilles injury), he just had fewer chances to do Michael Crabtree things because Derek Carr couldn't stop turning the drat ball over. His targets decreased from ~145 the last two years to 101, but his ten zone targets increased, meaning it wasn't Carr just going away from Crabtree.

The SCT effects people differently, and the big issue with it is recovery. I can see putting a chip on Smoky, but I am going to shy away from the guys whose chronic issues cause problems in recovery in the big men hitting each other sport.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I thought I had sneaky value in drafting Ronald Jones in the 7th round the other day, but it looks far from it. He might need Peyton Barber to get injured to be relevant. Oops.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

coronaball posted:

I thought I had sneaky value in drafting Ronald Jones in the 7th round the other day, but it looks far from it. He might need Peyton Barber to get injured to be relevant. Oops.

Ronald Jones appears to be this year's Samaje Perine.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Sataere posted:

Rojo has way more buzz. Maybe it's just cuz I'm a skins fan but no one I read was ever high on perine

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I was for a while. Related, I'm dumb as hell

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spoeank posted:

I was for a while. Related, I'm dumb as hell

Fair enough.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Sataere posted:

Jones was a top producer with the #3 overall in college. One of them was going to be wildly overrated and we're seeing who.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Zauper posted:

Rojo has way more buzz. Maybe it's just cuz I'm a skins fan but no one I read was ever high on perine

People were high on Perine until they saw him play in the preseason. From what I can tell, the same seems true of Ronald Jones. I haven't had a chance to watch him, so this is pure conjecture.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Jones was a top producer with the #3 overall in college. One of them was going to be wildly overrated and we're seeing who.

He's falling like a rock, sorry.

edit:

I just found out that I got the #1 pick in my hard as poo poo 14 team league which means with my keeper I'm starting out the draft with Le'Veon Bell and DeAndre Hopkins. (Gurley and Elliott were keepers). I just wanted to brag.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 21, 2018

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

My $20 league (non-PPR) just switched to 2 keepers, and you can keep someone for up to 3 years before they go back into the pool. 1 keeper = lose your 1st round pick, 2 = lose first 2 round picks.
I've never played keepers before, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm guessing I should keep Brown and Zeke since they're basically both 1st round ADP?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I'm guessing I should keep Brown and Zeke since they're basically both 1st round ADP?

Correct.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

My $20 league (non-PPR) just switched to 2 keepers, and you can keep someone for up to 3 years before they go back into the pool. 1 keeper = lose your 1st round pick, 2 = lose first 2 round picks.
I've never played keepers before, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm guessing I should keep Brown and Zeke since they're basically both 1st round ADP?

Definitely.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Thanks dudes.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

89 posted:

------------------------
12 Teams
$50 Buy In
- 25 Roster Spots, 3 IR, 4 Taxi Squad
- Salary Cap (with drop penalties and annual increase)
- Year One Auction Draft (the week after next) to assign values and allow teams to build as they want to.
- NFL style Rookie Drafts + Free Agency Auction Drafts
- Salary Cap Space per Team = $1000 (free market assigns player values through Auction Draft)
- $400 per team FAAB waiver (Separate bidding money. Winning auction value for a player is that player's value against the cap)
------------------Starting Lineup-------------------
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
2 FLEX
1 Super Flex
15 bench
------------------Scoring Highlights-------------------
Lot of the typical scoring stuff, thennnn...
Passing TDs - 6 pts
Passing INTs - -2
Rushing/Receiving TDs - 6 pts
PPR - 0.5 pts
PPR TE - 1 pt
1st Downs to RB/WR - 0.5 pts
1st Downs to TE - 1 pt
40+ Yard TDs - 7 pts (1 pt bonus + 6 pt TD)
--------------------Payouts-------------------
1st Place - $250
2nd Place - $125
3rd Place - $75
4th Place - $50
---------------------Playoffs-------------------
- 5 Team Playoffs (3 Division Winners, 1 Wildcard Game)
- Consolation Pool Bracket for the 1.13 Rookie Draft spot (extra 1st round pick)

I think I want in even though I probably shouldn't. Is there a thread or should I just message you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

Same here. I'm wondering how long I should wait before I drop him.