Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mr Cow posted:

i would like Alucard from sotn to be a guest character for soul calibur :)

I would like a full on Castlevania Judgement 2.

After we get Weaponlord 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Cervantes is my boy and I'm a lil chuffed they announced a DLC character before the main cast is done. Based on what I saw of the playable demos, there were a lot of blank spots on the roster so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a weirder character or two (I would love another guest character).

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Potsticker posted:

:same: but like, not trash?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, it still needs to be trash that's just expected at this point

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
setsuka could be dlc, big top for big thirsties

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Put Chloe Price from the Life is Strange series in as Unlucky Chloe.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I would hope they keep the trashy character designs at least. Except for Maria. The stage designs were all pretty great too. The camera would need to be fixed and I mean as long as we're wishing the fighting is just SC2?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Steam page for SC6 is up: https://store.steampowered.com/app/544750/SOULCALIBUR_VI/
People are tagging it as "Heist" lmao. It's also obscenely expensive over here. :negative:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

whAT does heist tag mean

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

b_d posted:

whAT does heist tag mean

It means it's a Payday clone.

But don't worry, this also means John Wick will be DLC.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

FanaticalMilk posted:

It means it's a Payday clone.

But don't worry, this also means John Wick will be DLC.

3 seconds into the match he grabs you and unloads a clip directly into your face, perfect victory

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CharlestonJew posted:

3 seconds into the match he grabs you and unloads a clip directly into your face, perfect victory

Lucky, I got a pencil stuck in my brain.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

b_d posted:

whAT does heist tag mean

presumably it's a joke about the price of the game and/or pre-order DLC being highway robbery

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

presumably it's a joke about the price of the game and/or pre-order DLC being highway robbery

Yeah, which is unfortunate since I was planning on getting the game at launch. Currently the base game is at 250 BRL, and the deluxe edition is at 350 BRL which is just absurd. Dragon Ball FighterZ and Tekken 7 are like 150-160 BRL and were like that at launch . Maybe they just haven't changed the regional prices yet or something. I don't know.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

yeah it's normal US prices here, 60 for the base version

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm getting real fuckin' tired of not being able to play soul calibur 6 right now

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm getting real fuckin' tired of not being able to play soul calibur 6 right now

Ditto! And they should totally make a heist mode, that sounds crazy enough to work.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
put 2B in soul cal

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The clothing destruction mechanics have already been established, yes

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hace posted:

put 2B in soul cal

Extremely supportive of this post

Babe Magnet posted:

Every time I see gameplay I want it more. The bright beautiful graphics look so nice on YouTube so I can’t even imagine how good they will be on a HDTV.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Big Scary Owl posted:

Yeah, which is unfortunate since I was planning on getting the game at launch. Currently the base game is at 250 BRL, and the deluxe edition is at 350 BRL which is just absurd. Dragon Ball FighterZ and Tekken 7 are like 150-160 BRL and were like that at launch . Maybe they just haven't changed the regional prices yet or something. I don't know.
is 250 BRL not around $60? that's what google says it is and maybe they just did internet research

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Potsticker posted:

After we get Weaponlord 2

With the customization someone should try to just build this in Soul Calibur 6. I mean they can't possibly make outfits worse than what as in the actual Castlevania Judgement. :D

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

IronicDongz posted:

is 250 BRL not around $60? that's what google says it is and maybe they just did internet research

Yeah but they generally lower the price on Steam so it's not a direct conversion most of the time.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Sounds like you're getting the normal deal instead of a discount then, rather than getting something unfairly expensive

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

IronicDongz posted:

Sounds like you're getting the normal deal instead of a discount then, rather than getting something unfairly expensive

are you aware of the words 'regional pricing'

Any second now a very grumpy Australian is gonna chime in here.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I am, but usually I hear of it in the context of people repeatedly getting charged for more than the equivalent amount of USD, not the same amount when they've been used to less

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

CRISPYBABY posted:

are you aware of the words 'regional pricing'

Any second now a very grumpy Australian is gonna chime in here.

Very grumpy Australian here and gently caress companies doing direct conversions on prices, especially if they then round up because of “shipping” costs even on online purchases.

Selling a game in another country should not be based on how much that game costs in USD, and the fact that I get repeatedly screwed by every game developer under the sun sucks. Especially because it happens even when the Australian Dollar is strong compared to the US Dollar because it’s not actually about conversion rates but squeezing as much money from foreign markets as possible.

The big one is when it’s a country where the money is weaker and people don’t have huge incomes domestically, it drastically reduces the number of potential buyers and online it shouldn’t matter at all because you aren’t making a physical game disc for an online sale. But part of that is on Steam being assholes around selling games some times. Ask about how they got fined 1 billion AU Dollars and nearly got fined a second time for their consumer practices.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 22, 2018

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Dracula Factory posted:

Cervantes is my boy and I'm a lil chuffed they announced a DLC character before the main cast is done. Based on what I saw of the playable demos, there were a lot of blank spots on the roster so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a weirder character or two (I would love another guest character).

There are 6 visible slots left on the character select screen right now, and I'm pretty certain 3 of them will be taken up by Cervantes, Raphael, and Lizardman. Leaving three more for the base game plus three more DLC characters. Hoping to see at least Rock and Amy since I like using their styles for CaS characters, also hoping the total number of created characters will be bumped up to 100 or something.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

that weird old guy in the custom character story mode trailer is probably a character

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

also one of those spots might be tira, dampierre was a preorder bonus dlc character in 5 and his spot was left blank on the character select if you didn't have him so there's precedent

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Very grumpy Australian here and gently caress companies doing direct conversions on prices, especially if they then round up because of “shipping” costs even on online purchases.

Selling a game in another country should not be based on how much that game costs in USD, and the fact that I get repeatedly screwed by every game developer under the sun sucks.
:words:
Ask about how they got fined 1 billion AU Dollars and nearly got fined a second time for their consumer practices.

As someone in exactly the same (island continent) boat, this makes me exactly as angry.

This, however

appears to be curing all sorts of anger and pain, some I didn’t even know I had until it was gone.

I’m that guy who loves the trash anime fighters like Koihime and Blade Strangers. It’s me.

Also looking for DOA6 trailers brings up an awful lot of “REACTION” videos. I’d pay real world money converted straight from $US for an option to remove them appearing from my YT account/search results.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I played some more DBFZ tonight. I actually had some success doing various things and honestly that makes me really happy since DBZ is the loving best and it’s a rad game.

The crossover between seemingly opposite fgs is neat. I got better at Tekken and it made me slightly better at dragonball animes. Cool.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

My reaction to doa6: it's cool

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Yes but the women weren't naked in this one 90 second trailer so don't you think this is a case of SJWs going too far

That is some amazing sprite/font work

normal

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

markgreyam posted:

That is some amazing sprite/font work

normal

This is physically painful to look at. As in, I now have a full eyestrain headache. Thanks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I can't believe that a Nicalis-involved game would be of poor quality

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

finally, a fighting game based on Code of Princess

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I like Umihara Kawase's "gut you like a fish" super, if only the game looked the least bit interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C02eIurxIVs

long blade strangers gameplay