Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxat27gNPYs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

lol dammit you beat me here

https://soundcloud.com/kevin090smith/young-thug-rocket-man-remix

it loving owns

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

I love this, I wish thug would do more songs with this vibe

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj88tXEIU2k
Fab's verse on this does it for me

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

FEED THIS poo poo RIGHT INTO MY VEINS

:vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince:

https://twitter.com/50cent/status/1031967751898841089 this will be interesting...

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 21, 2018

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

More songs should have Assassin features

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/XXL/status/1031890650139189249

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Massive Yikes

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

2nd a+ jada feature i've heard this year

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Got a couple records from Vinyl Me Please today and they are really sweet pressings. The Clipse Lord Willin is pressed at 45RPM which is better quality, but unusual for an album. We were just talking about Key To The Cuffs and this one sounds pretty awesome. Also picked up D'Angelo's Brown Sugar which I am stoked about. I had grabbed Voodoo recently and really liked it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
that lord willin vinyl is sick

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
You guys see Post Malone almost exploded in a plane or whatever

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I picture him shooting off a pistol like Yosemite Sam as the plane starts to tailspin

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/BSO/status/1032106324107124736

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 22, 2018

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
neither one of them are selling out arenas

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

speaking of a tailspin

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

I made some comments the other day and I was really wrong

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/RapDirect_/status/1032020920959811584?s=19

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into nicki minaj

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

keevo posted:

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into nicki minaj

LOL

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I picture him shooting off a pistol like Yosemite Sam as the plane starts to tailspin

lmao

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Absolutely 0% chance of the European leg going ahead on this one, if they're not selling well in the US.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

How could have this happened?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

DoubleCakes posted:

How could have this happened?

Cardi B is way more likeable and relatable and has actually been releasing music in the last couple of years.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nicki has always been like this, she was just fake nice before. I've heard behind the scenes she was always rude.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

RBX posted:

Nicki has always been like this, she was just fake nice before. I've heard behind the scenes she was always rude.

100%.

The uproar that the barbs caused when Rosenberg called Starships trash (which it was) was loving amazing. Ebro backtracked and tried to be on her side at the speed of light cause she was the biggest act in the world at the time.

Then her gimmick of strange faces and strange voice inflections dried up and she stopped making music and decided to get into a beef with Remi Ma of all people, a public breakup with 2 different rap personalities, and publicly shunned Drake's advances.

It's a long fall from the top!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
KTSE has held up really well

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is Nicki still with Eminem?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

keevo posted:

This was a good post to wake up to.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

RBX posted:

I've worked with her and she cancelled on our shoot 4 days in a row with like 1 hour notice, and then was terrible once she finally showed up to set. Not a fan

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjD5upSNEfg

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
its been 4 years between albums. this is only her 3rd album for someone that been rapping for around 10 years.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I listened to D'Angelo's Brown Sugar this morning and wow. Between that album and Voodoo, I have become a huge fan of his and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for R&B that is similar. Specifically, I really like the production style and how it works with his vocals. It almost feels like hip-hop, just smoother with a sort of sing-rapping style. Don't really care if its older R&B or newer stuff.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Erykah Badu, Common, Maxwell, The Roots, A Tribe Called Quest

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

The Nicki implosion was probably inevitable given how much of her success has come from features and being a sex icon. Now she is being confronted by actual talent and is being exposed with 0 classics, grammys or successful solo tracks to her name.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

#TYBG

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Erykah Badu, Common, Maxwell, The Roots, A Tribe Called Quest

I'll check out some more Erykah Badu and Maxwell but I have already gone through Tribe and Common's discography (which is excellent). Common and Tribe are more on the rap side though and I was hoping to find something closer to the R&B side of vocals.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

MrSargent posted:

I'll check out some more Erykah Badu and Maxwell but I have already gone through Tribe and Common's discography (which is excellent). Common and Tribe are more on the rap side though and I was hoping to find something closer to the R&B side of vocals.

I would scope out Raphael Saadiq's solo stuff. If I recall he was a big part of that early 2000s neo-soul vibe.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

^burtle posted:

I would scope out Raphael Saadiq's solo stuff. If I recall he was a big part of that early 2000s neo-soul vibe.

Thanks for reminding me about Saadiq! I meant to start diving into his music when I found out he wrote and recorded a lot of music in a studio he owned in my hometown of Sacramento.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

MrSargent posted:

I'd also go with Jill Scott, Lauryn Hill and the Roots as well