Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Patware posted:

this seems like a couple different stand powers happening at once

this is a lot
This is probably the case, yeah. Probably the Doctor and whoever else was in the ambulance with him working together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crosspost from anime thread:

Fighting Gold, the first part 5 OP, will be written by lyricist Neko Oikawa and composer Toshiyuki Oomori. This is their second collaboration.

Their first was Cruel Angel's Thesis.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
The DiU dub premiered last night and it's pretty dang good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdxah7Bp1eY

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's pretty good, the only thing I don't like is how they pronounce Josuke's last name and they don't even bother explaining how they got JoJo from his name.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, you try explaining the concept of multiple kanji readings in the time they have.

Also nobody ever calls him Jojo again, so it's like whatever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI2HlKXXg6Y

Also the first DORA

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Electric Phantasm posted:

That's pretty good, the only thing I don't like is how they pronounce Josuke's last name and they don't even bother explaining how they got JoJo from his name.

That's how the name is pronounced though?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
They go "Hi-ga-shi-KUH-tah" rather than (what im only pretty sure should be)"Hi-ga-shi-KAH-tah"

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 20, 2018

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It comes off more like Higash-kita.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nah, they're going kah. It's just a very quick kah.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Funky Valentine posted:

It comes off more like Higash-kita.

Yea its just a little blurred together, like the School Rumble dub that says Skamoto all the time instead of separating out the syllables in Tsukamoto

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The Jojo name is like Stands, eventually they just stop explaining how the character gets it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Once you hear the Higashikata a few times, it kinda stops bothering you. It's not as jarring as say, some of the names in the Persona 5 dub. It helps that it doesn't sound like the actors are straining against their best instincts to say it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nrr7fShyls

By the way, here's Tomoko and Grandpa.

Tomoko is Allegra Clarke, who recently made a name for herself as Jinyu in FLCL Alternative.
Ryohei is voiced by Michael Sorich, who amusingly voiced many monsters on Power Rangers, including Squatt and the infamous Pumpkin Rapper.

Also, from above, Koichi is voiced by Zach Aguilar, who's most well known as Genos from One Punch Man.

And here's Angelo, voiced by Lex Lang, known for Lupin's Goemon and the current voice of one Dr. Neo Cortex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh1xFlyztCE

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 21, 2018

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah, the pronunciation of Higashikata is giving me Persona 5 dub flashbacks. Otherwise it seems pretty solid, though I’m not feeling Josuke’s voice quite as much as the SDC dub cast. It’s a bit higher pitched.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I was convinced that Tomoko was voiced by Elizabeth Maxwell.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like that about it honestly. Josuke is a kinder twinkier, modern Jotaro and I think the VA captures his more laid back attitude. There isn't enough angry or goofy Josuke to tell yet but I buy this as Chill High Schooler so far

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

I was convinced that Tomoko was voiced by Elizabeth Maxwell.

Yeah, it's a fuckin' dead ringer for Sae.

Also, Billy's DORAs are a BIT weak right now, but the stand cry seems to be something you grow into, if Matt is any sign.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I thought Ryohei's voice seemed familiar, so I looked up his VA and yep that's certainly a voice I associate numerous Digimon to.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

I thought Ryohei's voice seemed familiar, so I looked up his VA and yep that's certainly a voice I associate numerous Digimon to.

He also played Fidel Castro on both Married With Children and Seinfeld.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, from above, Koichi is voiced by Zach Aguilar, who's most well known as Genos from One Punch Man.

Well, you can't win em all I guess.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He's doin' good as Koichi. I think he was just directed weird as Genos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrUOvtrnlvM

I forgot the last major voice. Kai Harada, the host of Morioh Radio, is voiced by David Vincent, who is also the perennial narrator of Jojo. Also, despite these videos, the Toonami broadcast uses the uncensored BD version.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 21, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That dub owns and I believe in them getting better at ORAORAORAORA. Not everyone can be Daisuke Ono from day one

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Finally getting around to watching the Part 4 anime and noticed the episode count. Did they cut some stuff out? Or did they really manage to cram 174 chapters into 39 episodes?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I haven’t read the manga but I think they slightly shortened a few scenes for arcs like the rats to get it into a single episode but not many. I could be quite wrong though

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think for the most part it just came out of tighter pacing, especially around the last bunch of fights. Ratt was the only one that felt like it was cut short.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

they removed all the best parts of cheap trick :argh:

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Also, in contrast, Part 3 was pretty stretched out.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The order of the last few fights get shuffled around to, to make the pacing flow a bit better.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part 4 was a hell of a lot better paced than part 3. it's not so much a case of it being cut short as it is part 3 having an ungodly amount of slow, panning shots and whatever bullshit added to somehow make it stretch out to 48 episodes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Part 3s problem is that almost every episode covers three chapters on top of lots of monologuing.

Part 4 manages to combine three different fights into four episodes, uses stylish transitions to keep things snappy and isn't afraid to shift around stuff like Cinderella and Quiet Life to keep up tension, ontop of new Kira scenes and the Morioh-cho radio bits. I really hope they keep the 39 episode run but maybe take breaks between ""seasons"" to try and keep up quality

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 21, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
getting myself excited for part 5 by thinking about when bruno unzips his heart to avoid beach boy

Post the part 5 moments ur hyped for here

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Expect My Mom posted:

getting myself excited for part 5 by thinking about when bruno unzips his heart to avoid beach boy

Post the part 5 moments ur hyped for here

Ghicaccio getting mad that people say Venice instead of Venizia

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Stealing a hundred cars.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Considering they had episode 1 in a state to showcase it 3 months in advance, I'd like to think they have a reasonable buffer in place and not have them coming in hot.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Gio taking off Mista's pants

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Giorno trying to look cool in front of everybody by drinking a cup of piss

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Diavolo's nonsensical bullshit backstory.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
every time mista shoots himself with his own gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The Dance.